Author Topic: People in wrong seats / scams  (Read 4641 times)

Offline toonboy

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
People in wrong seats / scams
« on: August 21, 2017, 09:16:54 am »
Got to my seats on Sat 100% certain at the right seats. Bought 2 weeks before when they suddenly popped up. Group of lads sat in the seats and either side, all mates together. Told him he was in the wrong seats, he got some bit of paper out of his pocket that was obviously printed at home claiming it was his seat and said i should sit in the empty row of seats in front of him (there was 6 seats empty there).

Whats the crack? Is it really worth the effort to go to such lengths to move yourself? if the seats in front were not empty i would have had to have him ejected (would have been easy for stewards to confirm that he was scamming) and this would have disrupted everyone around him whilst the game had started. So random, cannot believe the lengths people will go to.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Re: People in wrong seats / scams
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 10:25:13 am »
Seems like it was sorted out in the end.

I imagine they were the row in front and just wanted to be with their mates.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 10:29:31 am »
They obviously just wanted to sit together, should've been up front about it but no harm done in the end.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 12:41:29 pm »
the club have double booked seats before, it's possible he was genuine but more likely just wanted to sit with his mate.

no big deal is it really.
cyas

Offline toonboy

• Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 12:44:41 pm »
its ok when there seats are available close by to swap, but can be a nightmare when someone comes from another section and the steward has to go through everyone in the row one by one. It is not a division 2 game where hundreds of tickets are unsold. Every ticket gets sold. Anyone doing this is just an idiot, why cause the ball ache for everyone around you?

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 12:53:15 pm »
the club have double booked seats before, it's possible he was genuine but more likely just wanted to sit with his mate.

no big deal is it really.
It can be a big deal as per below. I don't care myself, but when it causes a massive nuisance and inconvenience for everyone else around those seats it is a problem.

What goes in kop 300s or at any away game does not work in the main or Kenny stand.....
its ok when there seats are available close by to swap, but can be a nightmare when someone comes from another section and the steward has to go through everyone in the row one by one. It is not a division 2 game where hundreds of tickets are unsold. Every ticket gets sold. Anyone doing this is just an idiot, why cause the ball ache for everyone around you?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 01:25:39 pm »
Did you get to see the game?

Sounds like someone just wanted to sit with his mate, which the club make it impossible to do.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 01:38:40 pm »
Someone was in my seat and I wasn't arsed, then the steward moved them at half time.

Fucked if they thought I was going to sit next to his mates who probably thought I'd grassed them up, stayed in my perfectly acceptable spare seat I took a few rows back for the first half.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 01:53:24 pm »
Got to my seats on Sat 100% certain at the right seats.
Are you absolutely certain you were in the right row? So many people go along the wrong row every week.

Offline toonboy

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 02:32:32 pm »
Someone was in my seat and I wasn't arsed, then the steward moved them at half time.

Fucked if they thought I was going to sit next to his mates who probably thought I'd grassed them up, stayed in my perfectly acceptable spare seat I took a few rows back for the first half.

problem comes when the people that turn up wanting the seat your in. Then you got to move the people in your seat half way through match. Next time i will make a point about it and just get a steward.

Offline toonboy

• Main Stander
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 02:33:03 pm »
Are you absolutely certain you were in the right row? So many people go along the wrong row every week.

yes, there was no dispute over the seat, he even had something he printed at home with the same seat number.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 02:39:06 pm »

I went in the wrong row on the Kop on Saturday (rarely get tickets on the Kop). The numbering on the step always gets me as it's on the back of the row not the front which is where I'd expect it to be.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 02:40:15 pm »
yes, there was no dispute over the seat, he even had something he printed at home with the same seat number.

Most people would have a piece paper with the seat details on or a text as it would be a members card and not a ticket.

As posts above have suggested most likely to have wanted to sit with his mates on that row.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 03:01:10 pm »

You did have 37 different tickets in your basket at one time, maybe you got them mixed up.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline youngie

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2017, 08:23:32 pm »
loads in wrong seats around us on saturday

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 09:40:31 pm »
I went in the wrong row on the Kop on Saturday (rarely get tickets on the Kop). The numbering on the step always gets me as it's on the back of the row not the front which is where I'd expect it to be.
That's it Al, I understand the confusion and it gets people all over the ground :)

I've been moved over to the MS for Wednesday and I'll probably do it  ;D

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 09:48:42 pm »
Row 60 in 208 had the seats in the wrong order. I forgot to tell the stewards or get a picture at the end but me and at least one other guy noticed it. It went something like 23-24-25-31-32-33-26-27-28-29-30  :duh
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 09:54:23 pm »
Row 60 in 208 had the seats in the wrong order. I forgot to tell the stewards or get a picture at the end but me and at least one other guy noticed it. It went something like 23-24-25-31-32-33-26-27-28-29-30  :duh

Haha bet that caused mayhem!!

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 01:55:31 am »

This happens every week, and has been for years.  Don't know why the club don't move the numbering to the middle step between rows, so there is no confusion.

Got to laugh at the other comment about seats being numbered in reverse sequence.  It seems they are taking the incorrect mirror-image seating plans that they have in the booking system for some grounds to ridiculous extremes.  Only our ticket office!

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 05:42:41 am »
This happens every week, and has been for years.  Don't know why the club don't move the numbering to the middle step between rows, so there is no confusion.

It's on the end seat of the row but you look down. I was being really careful because I was thinking 'I don't want to look a knob by going in the wrong row...' and looked a fucking knob by going in the wrong row.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 01:44:12 pm »
It's on the end seat of the row but you look down. I was being really careful because I was thinking 'I don't want to look a knob by going in the wrong row...' and looked a fucking knob by going in the wrong row.

Was right at the back in the new part of 208 and they have not bothered to put it on the end of the seats in the new rows

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 02:00:22 pm »

Here's an example from the Kop.  Row 57 is actually the row in front!  I took this on the final day of last season when about ten people scattered around me were all in the wrong row.  This should be an easy fix for the club.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:02:55 pm by MKB »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 03:29:00 pm »
Easiest thing to do is paint the row number on the floor.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 04:15:08 pm »
Easiest thing to do is paint the row number on the floor.
;D

It's the best solution as well.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2017, 04:52:53 pm »
Here's an example from the Kop.  Row 57 is actually the row in front!  I took this on the final day of last season when about ten people scattered around me were all in the wrong row.  This should be an easy fix for the club.

to be honest I would actually expect that to be the row  in front , suppose it would be much clearer marked one step down

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 04:52:58 pm »

I've done that, even though I know where the numbers are. Its just not intuitive.

Would I fuck run to a steward to grass someone up for being in wrong seat though, whats wrong with people these days?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 10:39:40 am »
Would I fuck run to a steward to grass someone up for being in wrong seat though, whats wrong with people these days?

Most people are too scared to confront someone in their seat and will either sit somewhere else which compounds the issue or go running to a steward. I worked in a theatre for years, tedious as fuck.

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2017, 02:48:24 pm »
Most people are too scared to confront someone in their seat and will either sit somewhere else which compounds the issue or go running to a steward. I worked in a theatre for years, tedious as fuck.

It happens to me fairly regularly! Normally people have just got the wrong row & will move. Sometimes it's mates wanting to sit together & a I am normally one my own I don't mind swapping within reason. Getting the stewards involved generally means more chaos! I had one last season where I was the only person in the right seat & about 8 people either side had sat somewhere else because they didn't want to make a fuss. Took about 10 minutes for a steward to sort it out most of which he spent standing in front of me meaning I couldn't see the match!