Author Topic: PL: Man United 0 v Liverpool 5; HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAPON  (Read 74254 times)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Re: PL: Man United 0 v Liverpool 5; HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAPON
« Reply #1120 on: October 26, 2021, 01:15:12 am »
Wasn't that his last game at Old Trafford against us too??

Edit: I think it was you know  ;D

Lovely

It’s absolutely mental that was 2009 and he’s still hanging about collecting massive money off them

Ripping the piss out of his own manager on the pitch yesterday in front of the cameras.

He’s the final sword in between the shoulder blades for Ole
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: October 26, 2021, 01:16:39 am »
Saw the best joke:

Ronaldo had more kicks at Curtis Jones than at goal.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #1122 on: October 26, 2021, 01:56:04 am »
Nope

Ronaldo ;D

I watched the highlights of that 1-4 victory. More than a decade ago, damn... time flies.

I fucking *hated* the team they had back then, especially Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez. Compare that to what they fielded yesterday... ;D

Beautiful freekick from Aurelio. He was quality, if only he hadn't been made of glass.

EDIT: Another notable thing about that match is the amount of saves Pepe had to do. Some very close calls, but thankfully there was a sweet, happy ending ;D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 02:15:02 am by Desert Red Fox »

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1123 on: October 26, 2021, 02:01:31 am »

Media should highlight how good we are instead of telling how shite Manutd are.

Couldn’t agree more mate.

And yet when has it ever been any different?

Any outstanding performance/victory by us is immediately and instinctively attributed to opposition shortcomings by so much of the media. This one is a particularly good example, wherein we and our performance are relegated to merely a footnote to the United/Ole anguish drama.

I tried to give up being arsed about this sort of one eyed media crap yonks ago but I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that occasionally it still rankles to read, watch and listen to media coverage as we’ve had since Sunday almost airbrushing out our achievement.

Yeah United’s defensive vulnerabilities were ruthlessly exposed on the day but the key words are “ruthlessly exposed”. Those shortcomings are not exposed in such ruthless fashion by any Tom, Dick or Harry team. It takes an outstanding footballing outfit to so ruthlessly expose them and punish them as we did on Sunday to for the most part (Fred Bloggs excepted) lauded seasoned international midfielders and defenders.

But let’s face it, most if not all footballing media are utter fucking shite and bereft of any worthwhile or remotely erudite analysis and debate and have been for many, many years, The contrast with the likes of the astute analyses you find with rugby union, boxing and cricket media is fucking embarrassing.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Man United 0 v Liverpool 5 Keita 4, Jota 13 Mo 38' 45+5 50
« Reply #1124 on: October 26, 2021, 03:55:05 am »
Got a gif or two... or five.   :)

seriously so many wrongs with their defensive unit that i dont even know what to say.

we are such a difficult team to defend against. just in that gif we see bobby dropping deep. robbo busting forward beyond jota who is actually a wide forward. and keita breaking the lines. but their defensive was just passive or just clueless and not well set up. AWB was hardly breaking a sweat jogging back. I dont even know what their 2 CB were defending again when so high up the pitch leaving Salah with so much space to run to. We are so fluid and devastating.

I love this team so much. Salah taking in the plaudits but each and every one in that game played their role to perfection.

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: October 26, 2021, 05:24:12 am »
As it loooks like we may be short of midfielders i reckon Konate would play the defensive mid rather well he defo has the passing range  - matip & Van Dyke with Konate infront of them two

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: October 26, 2021, 05:40:42 am »
I think Matip actually may have some experience playing as DM.

According to FM 2012, he can play there. He may even have started his career as DM.

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: October 26, 2021, 06:02:17 am »
yeah he played DM in germany b4 he came here

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #1128 on: October 26, 2021, 06:53:21 am »
Image, Ronaldo and Jones.

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #1129 on: October 26, 2021, 07:29:22 am »
Image, Ronaldo and Jones.

I hope he gets flattened at Anfield. It's frustrating how barely anyone spoke about the kicks at Jones. Any other player and it's a straight red. The man is a petulant wanker.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1130 on: October 26, 2021, 07:41:23 am »
This should do the trick mate - courtesy of https://old.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/qfr01c/men_in_blazers_covers_robbo_v_ronaldo :-

https://streamable.com/g9nu5w

Nice one mate..just off to work so I'll catch that a bit later.
Thanks again!
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: October 26, 2021, 07:44:17 am »
I hope he gets flattened at Anfield. It's frustrating how barely anyone spoke about the kicks at Jones. Any other player and it's a straight red. The man is a petulant wanker.

Aye,  saw the clip again earlier,  he was never focused on the ball,  his very first swing was a high air kick.  Ball's on the ground,  what's your leg doing up there.  The subsequent hacks at the ball was just him keeping it legal while lashing out.  Was disappointed none of our players drew his blood after that during the game.  Perfectly legal to tussle with an opponent while guarding the ball and breaking his nose too or go into a header and head his face by mistake.

No mark goalhanging c*nt these days who brings the level of his teams down,  his past achievements are history,  we showed him more respect than necessary.  Konate could have cleaned him out.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 07:46:39 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1132 on: October 26, 2021, 07:56:30 am »
Ronaldo passing on Ole's messages to the team.

https://streamable.com/ypoqeu
Surely he's taking the piss out of Ole there?

Naby went down first half because of a calf knock.Then he gets a kick to the head from Fred.Then the cowards assault by Pogba.It  was like they were targeting him.
They know how good he is, how dangerous... even if some of his own fans don't (I don't mean you, of course )
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1133 on: October 26, 2021, 07:58:47 am »
I was willing us to go on and put a cricket score past these yesterday but, today, I think you and others here have nailed it there.

They lost their heads completely and were out of control. We were already 0-5 up (let's say that again and savour it. We were already 0-5 up) and absolutely cruising. The damage was done. They were on their knees.

We could have ploughed them further into the dirt, but chose to ease off, conserve ourselves for bigger battles ahead and also take less risks injury-wise, considering how out of control the already humiliated opposition were.

In a less obvious way, easing off was as much of a piss-take as sticking 7 past them would have been.

We'd already completed our days work after 50 minutes or so. We'd destroyed them on their own turf and their fans were streaming back to London not long after half time. They were humiliated 0-5 and sloped off home knowing they got off lightly.

Thing is though we were 5-0 up. If we needed to score to win or draw than it would have been a different Kettle of fish. I think the players just were conserving energy as well.

True enough. But still I wish we had scored a 6th goal. Utd have never been beaten by more than a 5 goal margin in the league, as I understand it. We've now beaten them by a five goal margin, as have Chelsea, Newcastle, Spurs and City.

Would have been nice to be the only ones to do so by more than five
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline sushared

• Main Stander
« Reply #1134 on: October 26, 2021, 08:44:18 am »
the positive outcome to come out of the sunday result would be that they would be arsed to put up a fight against chelsea and city.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #1135 on: October 26, 2021, 08:46:08 am »
Question. There's a ball between Ronaldo and Jones. That is why...

It is NOT a red, right? Or it's up to the ref's INTERPRETATION actually?
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline MrBernard

• Kemlynite
  • Don't make me laugh... bitterly.
Re: PL: Man United 0 v Liverpool 5 Keita 4, Jota 13 Mo 38' 45+5 50
« Reply #1136 on: October 26, 2021, 09:01:11 am »
seriously so many wrongs with their defensive unit that i dont even know what to say.

we are such a difficult team to defend against. just in that gif we see bobby dropping deep. robbo busting forward beyond jota who is actually a wide forward. and keita breaking the lines. but their defensive was just passive or just clueless and not well set up. AWB was hardly breaking a sweat jogging back. I dont even know what their 2 CB were defending again when so high up the pitch leaving Salah with so much space to run to. We are so fluid and devastating.

I love this team so much. Salah taking in the plaudits but each and every one in that game played their role to perfection.

The question is if Luke Shaw is out of position or the rest of the line is out of position? Normally you say the fullbacks should not drop deeper than the centrebacks, but in this case they are almost nowhere to be found. 
Forget your beaches and jungles; we're going somewhere where I can read, sit and have a quiet drink.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #1137 on: October 26, 2021, 09:10:45 am »
In my opinion, the ball being there is totally irrelevant. The referee had blown his whistle for the initial kick lashed out on Jones.
Ronaldo, in an act of petulance, kicks out twice, at a man lying on the ground, after the whistle has been blown.
These were not 2 attempts to nick the ball away from Jones. They were 2 full blooded kicks at the lad. Jones is lucky that the ball was there, or else you could be looking at broken ribs (or as Fergie previously said "he could have been killed".
Where was the ball going to go? Through his chest?
I noticed afterwards that Jones was straight up, in Ronaldo's face. I wish he had remained on the ground, in pain, and forced a decision, that should never have needed any prompting as such. It's a clear red card. Nothing less.
Try it in any other game, and it'll be a red card every time. It was a deliberate attempt to injure another player. Another reason why kicking the ball was irrelevant.
I'm not sure they looked at it in ref watch yesterday either?
They looked at the Pogba and fernandes fouls just, I think?
To finish off, I also think it was telling that only fernandes went to 'protect' Ronaldo. Either a split in the camp already, or the other players realised that he was bang out of order with his assault on Jones.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: October 26, 2021, 09:19:39 am »
I tell ya what Konate was a fucking wall yesterday, Gomez number 4 now?
Watched the scene after the Ronaldo assault on Jones. Big Konate was pulling Pernandes away and Fred came in trying to push and resulted bouncing off the Konate wall!   :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=endVj1YlceU&t=80s

8:00 in.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 09:22:36 am by jckliew »
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1139 on: October 26, 2021, 09:29:56 am »
In my opinion, the ball being there is totally irrelevant. The referee had blown his whistle for the initial kick lashed out on Jones.
Ronaldo, in an act of petulance, kicks out twice, at a man lying on the ground, after the whistle has been blown.
These were not 2 attempts to nick the ball away from Jones. They were 2 full blooded kicks at the lad. Jones is lucky that the ball was there, or else you could be looking at broken ribs (or as Fergie previously said "he could have been killed".
I noticed afterwards that Jones was straight up, in Ronaldo's face. I wish he had remained on the ground, in pain, and forced a decision, that should never have needed any prompting as such. It's a clear red card. Nothing less.
Try it in any other game, and it'll be a red card every time. It was a deliberate attempt to injure another player. Another reason why kicking the ball was irrelevant.
To finish off, I also think it was telling that only fernandes went to 'protect' Ronaldo. Either a split in the camp already, or the other players realised that he was bang out of order with his assault on Jones.

I'd rather we don't stoop to those sorts of levels to be honest, even if it 'costs us' opponents not getting red cards.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1140 on: October 26, 2021, 09:32:24 am »
Watched the scene after the Ronaldo assault on Jones. Big Konate was pulling Pernandes away and Fred came in trying to push and resulted bouncing off the Konate wall!   :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=endVj1YlceU&t=80s

8:00 in.
[img width= height= alt=DB745573-03F4-455A-BCD9-41A8DF44C39E.gif" border="0]https://s5.gifyu.com/images/DB745573-03F4-455A-BCD9-41A8DF44C39E.gif[/img]

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: October 26, 2021, 09:34:51 am »

In the simplest possible terms - the ref bottled it. United were 3-0 down at home in the first half, unless it was as clear cut as possible, even with VAR, they were not going to send off ronaldo. They just weren't. Nothing Jones did would have changed that, and for what it's worth I'm far happier Jones got up and called ronaldo a c*nt than just lay there crying about it. The Fernandes challenge on Jones was in the ball park of a sending off too, and by the time Pogba did his thing the ref effectively found an 'easier' target to send off because everyone in british football seems to hate pogba.

Anthony Taylor's performance was almost as bad as uniteds. He never had control of the game, bottled big decisions, and effectively allowed an injury causing tackle to occur because he was too much of a coward to deal with dissent and petulance earlier in the game.
His performance, like many other things in that game, has gone largely uncommented on in the face of the steamrollering we gave united.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1142 on: October 26, 2021, 10:12:27 am »
Inside Anfield at Old Trafford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=endVj1YlceU

Brilliant.

Watch how Konate deals with Fernandes and Fred (?) just after Ronaldo's assault on Jones. The big man swats them off like troublesome flies.

Action starts about 7 mins 30 secs.

Also love the boos.....they are turning into full Ev.

Oh and can we make this thread sticky for all the Mancs who come on here to copy and paste posts.......let them stare at the thread title to remind them of how shit their team is.
#JFT97

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1143 on: October 26, 2021, 10:16:43 am »
This part of that clip from another angle..

Konate..22 years old..

Fred with everything..ragdoll in the making.  :D

https://streamable.com/upgtlr
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: October 26, 2021, 10:29:44 am »

Konate..22 years old..

Fred trying to wrap his arms around Konate is hilarious !

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: October 26, 2021, 10:41:05 am »
In the simplest possible terms - the ref bottled it. United were 3-0 down at home in the first half, unless it was as clear cut as possible, even with VAR, they were not going to send off ronaldo. They just weren't. Nothing Jones did would have changed that, and for what it's worth I'm far happier Jones got up and called ronaldo a c*nt than just lay there crying about it. The Fernandes challenge on Jones was in the ball park of a sending off too, and by the time Pogba did his thing the ref effectively found an 'easier' target to send off because everyone in british football seems to hate pogba.

Anthony Taylor's performance was almost as bad as uniteds. He never had control of the game, bottled big decisions, and effectively allowed an injury causing tackle to occur because he was too much of a coward to deal with dissent and petulance earlier in the game.
His performance, like many other things in that game, has gone largely uncommented on in the face of the steamrollering we gave united.
Agree with every word.  That we were 2-0 up and cruising so early on meant that the countless bad decisions by Taylor didn't get much attention.  Us spending 30 minutes playing keep ball in safe areas to avoid the aggression escalating is a damning indictment of how poorly Taylor managed the game.

No doubt it's easier when you're well ahead but our players were wonderfully disciplined in the face of constant antagonization.  It's no coincidence that we're consistently at/near the top of the Fair Play league under Klopp. 

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1146 on: October 26, 2021, 10:41:43 am »
Question. There's a ball between Ronaldo and Jones. That is why...

It is NOT a red, right? Or it's up to the ref's INTERPRETATION actually?
Violent conduct. If it’s worth a yellow it’s worth a red.
Taylor shit out of all the big decisions.
He yellow carded Pogba ffs. And allowed Penandez to stay on, as well as Fred with his high boot.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1147 on: October 26, 2021, 10:44:09 am »
He yellow carded Pogba ffs. And allowed Penandez to stay on, as well as Fred with his high boot.
Whats this Fernandez shout? Must’ve been when I went the toilet. He hit someone or something?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1148 on: October 26, 2021, 10:48:54 am »
Whats this Fernandez shout? Must’ve been when I went the toilet. He hit someone or something?
Think he bounced off Konate.

:lmao

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1149 on: October 26, 2021, 10:49:02 am »

Love the way Robbo saunters over nonchalantly and then decides that the big feller can handle both Fred and Penandez

Robbo telling the ego what for, was hilarious. And Curtis fronting up to him as well. Plastic poser nearly wet his pants.

Also it’s telling that only the Portuguese speakers went to help out the snide initially.

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1150 on: October 26, 2021, 10:50:37 am »

Tackle on Jones - flew in late and and off the ground.
If anyone did that to the little weasel he would still be rolling next Thursday

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1151 on: October 26, 2021, 10:52:15 am »
Mega superstar Ronaldo getting so angry that he kicked out at a lad who used to ride his bike around Park Road is a great backstory here. 

Fernandes challenge was on Jones too. Actually thought Jones would give a bit back to them, but I think it shows how well he has developed and Klopp has got the attitude of these players spot on.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1152 on: October 26, 2021, 10:55:56 am »

Followed by

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: October 26, 2021, 11:11:02 am »

Taylor given serious grief by an unnamed Liverpool source in the Athletic's write-up. Saying there's potentially five red card incidents and none of them were given by Taylor. I think five is a bit much. I can see most English refs shitting out of sending off Ronaldo at Old Trafford but he'd be gone in a UCL game for that, or if it was Curtis doing it to him.

Fernandes' challenge was awful. High and studs into leg, but again, I don't think most players get sent off for that certainly not at home in a big game.

Fred's high foot on Naby is another, though I think he glanced him on the chest/shoulder rather than actually caught his head so I think it's not nearly the same category as Griezmann.

Maguire ploughed into and tripped Jota running clean through on a through-ball. Easily could be considered DOGSO.

Pogba, a wild petulant challenge by a shit lazy player, the most obvious red you'll see all season and he bottled that until he could bottle it no more under VAR instructions.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1154 on: October 26, 2021, 11:17:19 am »
Followed by

Perfectly represents how Liverpool toyed with them lot
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #1155 on: October 26, 2021, 11:20:54 am »

Absolutely agree there, Taylor just let them hack away at our players with no consequences. Ronaldo and Pogba were both straight red and all he gave them were yellows. I couldn't believe he had to wait for VAR to tell him it was a possible red card. He didn't even bother to go check the VAR for Ronaldo's assault. I'm so impressed than none of our players punched him, even though the absolute bellend deserved it.

However it was glorious to watch him mope and trudge around for the next 45min. He might turn out to be the anchor that weighs them down into mid table this year. He's good against the mediocre teams but there is no way he's good enough to carry against us, Chelsea and City.

I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1156 on: October 26, 2021, 11:22:34 am »
I just can't stop watching the first few minutes. The sight of Salah with Keita and Robertson sprinting in on goal with only a bewildered Luke Shaw in their way, the rest of them all at sea. Every time it just makes you laugh out loud, with Maguire showing all the positional sense of an iceberg.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
« Reply #1157 on: October 26, 2021, 11:23:12 am »
Followed by

Hahahaha. Nothing pisses off an angry man more than being smiled at.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1158 on: October 26, 2021, 11:23:38 am »

Konate..22 years old..

Fred........the most useless midfielder they have.

Let's see what they said when they bought him:

"Very excited to see what he can bring to the team."
"I hope he can be as good as Anderson...Or, dare I say... maybe even better!"
"GOAT midfielder"
"Fantastic news! Can't wait to see Pogba, Fred and Matic together!"
"The Brazilian Nicky Butt"
"Fred will be a great signing for us. Full of running and skill to go with it."
"The kid's got sport's anger in him."
"Tottenham’s dembele with a dash of Fernandinho"
"Kante is probably the more similar player in the PL. Fred has better passing though."
"Don’t want to jinx it but he’s the high octane, hard working and technically gifted player our midfield has been crying out for. "
"Top top top top top top player."

And my favourites:

"Going to be interesting to see which of Fabinho, Naby Keita and Fred turn out to be the better signings."
(Comparing him to Fabinho)...."We’re going to sign Fred. A far better player."

However at least one wasn't amused:

"He'll make no difference. Another one to add to a team that will just continue to play like strangers."

Ok so hindsight is a great thing and we have been excited by some of our signings who turned out to be not so good.
The main point is that if Fred had come to us then he would have been a much better player than with them.........he would have been coached much better.
They buy players for lots of money and then they turn into Fred.
#JFT97

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1159 on: October 26, 2021, 11:25:22 am »