Author Topic: Jordan Henderson*  (Read 63352 times)

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Jordan Henderson*
« Reply #80 on: September 5, 2023, 04:26:41 pm »
“I can understand the frustration. I can under$tand the ang€r. I get it. All I can $ay around th£t is that I’m $orry that th€y f€€el lik€ that. My int€ntion wa$ n€v£r, €v£r to hurt any💰n€. My int€nt💸on ha$ a💸w💰y$ b£€n 💰o h£💰p ca💰💸  £€€$💸💰 💸££€$€€ 💵💵💵”.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 04:29:15 pm by meady1981 »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 5, 2023, 04:29:07 pm »
Read the whole thing now and he is so fucking full of shit. As if the Saudis are going to change the law because he is assisting in the sportwashing. There will be Muslim players in the PL who have been brought up to believe homosexuality is wrong, will we change to fit them, will we fuck, so why does dickhead think the Saudis will go from executions to homosexuality being legal just because he privately holds those beliefs? I say privately, because he sure as hell won't be stating them beliefs in public.

Saudi Arabia probably is a lovely country and the people probably are wonderful and friendly, but the regime fucking well is not. Tweet a criticism of the regime and see what happens knobhead
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #82 on: September 5, 2023, 04:29:12 pm »
Southgate is just as bad defending the Saudis.

Yes. He has power too. "Go there and I won't pick you for England". A position that is defensible on pure footballing grounds alone.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #83 on: September 5, 2023, 04:34:42 pm »
Going to really enjoy us winning things and watching Virgil or Trent lift a trophy and him watching on while noone cares about the league he purportedly wishes to grow.

Pissed all over his 'legacy' and shames every single second he spent representing this great club.

Fuck him

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: September 5, 2023, 04:35:26 pm »
He comes across as very thick there. Somehow made it look even worse, even if you thought him leaving wasn’t that big a deal (me). Looks like an absolute tit.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #85 on: September 5, 2023, 04:35:52 pm »
Keeps talking

:D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 5, 2023, 04:37:33 pm »

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #87 on: September 5, 2023, 04:41:42 pm »
Keeps talking

Looking forward to someone suggesting it's FSG PR  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #88 on: September 5, 2023, 04:42:31 pm »
What gets me as well is trying to throw Klopp under the bus. I think it serves Klopp well because he's derided for being too loyal to players if anything.

Klopp went to bat for him massively when he was being a prick, via the media, over a new contract which he didn't need (2 years to run).

The extension to that contract hadn't even started and he wanted out the minute he was offered a bigger deal. And the club are supposed to beg him to stay at 33, when he's just had a really shit season (but saved his best performances and main motivation for the World Cup in the middle of it).

Klopp getting him that contract he demanded was rumoured to have led to a big disagreement with Edwards who thought it was foolish. Klopp was right not to fall into the trap second time.

he was always getting that contract extension, it was just taking too long for his liking, so he went running to the press. Klopp just wanted it sorted, as it was turning into a distraction it didn’t need to be, he didn’t sit there in the room negotiating it. 

But yeah, his arrogance is something, I get many players are arrogant, but his belief that he should be a starting 11 player for this team isn’t just confidence or bravado, it’s madness, and seems to point at someone who just doesn’t ‘get it’.  And didn’t realise he was a part of the problem last year.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #89 on: September 5, 2023, 04:55:52 pm »
Liked Henderson when he was at the club. Good captain, consummate professional, helped us win things, and liked that he wasn't a galactico.

But now he's just a memory. Not gong to revise my joy of him lifting the trophies and the other memories, but he's just a player who was fortunate enough to pass through this great club. Nothing more, and he's the same as many of the rest - a mercenary solely looking after himself. That's fine, just don't pretend to be something else.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #90 on: September 5, 2023, 04:58:11 pm »
Saudi Arabia probably is a lovely country and the people probably are wonderful and friendly, but the regime fucking well is not. Tweet a criticism of the regime and see what happens knobhead

Go on Jordan, get imprisoned without legal support for a year, be accused of tweeting something which means you are sentenced to death.

Then, maybe, we will reconsider how we view you

He's just a footballer really should never have pretended to be more than that.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 5, 2023, 05:07:51 pm »
"I'm sorry they feel like that" aimed at LGBTQ groups and trying to shift the blame on Klopp for leaving. Fuck off!
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #92 on: September 5, 2023, 05:10:39 pm »
Why wouldn't we just love him more???

If one of those people said to me, “Now we want you to stay”, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation. And I have to then think about what’s next for me in my career. Now, that’s not to say that they forced me out of the club or they were saying they wanted me to leave but at no point did I feel wanted by the club or anyone to stay.

So it's Klopp's/the club's fault he went to Saudi Arabia.

Do one, you massive prick.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 5, 2023, 05:11:01 pm »
Read the whole thing now and he is so fucking full of shit. As if the Saudis are going to change the law because he is assisting in the sportwashing. There will be Muslim players in the PL who have been brought up to believe homosexuality is wrong, will we change to fit them, will we fuck, so why does dickhead think the Saudis will go from executions to homosexuality being legal just because he privately holds those beliefs? I say privately, because he sure as hell won't be stating them beliefs in public.

I've been to Saudi a couple of times on business.  In 1 meeting one of the guys was sitting with his foot perched on his knee with is sole FACING ME! I expect he didn't know I understood what it meant. Of course, they weren't all like that but that was an unnecessary "welcome".
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #94 on: September 5, 2023, 05:13:26 pm »
He's now a blood  money player. Nothing else needs  to be said.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 5, 2023, 05:17:18 pm »

He's not found religion but he uses that religious perspective as his excuse to keep quiet and accept the sock in his mouth

"But at the same time, what I wouldn’t do is disrespect the religion and culture in Saudi Arabia. If we’re all saying everybody can be who they want to be and everybody is inclusive, then we’ll have to respect that. We’ll have to respect everyone. And by doing something like that, if that did disrespect the religion, then no, I’m not going to do that. But if the opportunity comes where I can do it and it doesn’t, then yeah, because that’s my values."

What gets me so about him not wanting to offend the Saudi muslims with the rainbow armband...you know it is a sign of protest, right, Jordan? You know it was used because our "liberal, Christian" culture here also descriminates against LBGTQ+ people? There will be plenty of knobheads in this country too who feel offended by it, they are just in the minority these days, so they shut up about it. And, obviously, they don't rule the country and make the laws, so they don't execute anyone for it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #96 on: September 5, 2023, 05:21:05 pm »
How to dig a hole and keep digging to find your pot of gold.

State of that interview.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 5, 2023, 05:21:11 pm »
I've been to Saudi a couple of times on business.  In 1 meeting one of the guys was sitting with his foot perched on his knee with is sole FACING ME! I expect he didn't know I understood what it meant. Of course, they weren't all like that but that was an unnecessary "welcome".

For the ignorant or daft amongst us, what does it mean?

Is what’s been published today the full thing? I was listening to the athletic mini pod and said he’s spoke about Salah and I want to know what shite he’s been told to say.

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #98 on: September 5, 2023, 05:23:33 pm »
He's now a blood  money player. Nothing else needs  to be said.

Yes, and at least admitting that it was all about the money would have shown some degree of introspection and honesty.

And I don't go for the argument that it's hard to turn down that sort of money, particularly when you're already rich beyond the dreams of avarice. Just say no, it's really not that difficult.

Bob Dylan had it right:

Let me ask you one question; is your money that good?
Would it buy you forgiveness? Do you think that it could?
I think you will find, when your death takes its toll.
All the money you've made will never buy back your soul.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 5, 2023, 05:23:58 pm »
It's genuinely quite remarkable, I think it would be hard to come across worse if he'd tried. A shallow, spineless narccisist, completely divorced from reality. I bet he's absolutely seething sat there watching the fans herald Szoboszlai every week. This is less about his desire to speak directly to those he acknowledges he's hurt, and more a desperate attempt to stay relevant whilst the club has moved on, and to whitewash his image once more.

It's hard to know which part of the interview is the most galling:
- The repeated insistence that someone with his "values" (lol) going to Saudi Arabia can "only be a positive thing". Even though he acknowledges he can't change anything, and that he has no intention to publicly support LGBT causes for "cultural reasons". Show your workings Jordan.
- The idea that he has gone "above and beyond" to support the LGBT community because he wore some rainbow laces and an armband - disgusting lack of self awareness really.
- The old "I have gay friends" argument, especially shoehorning in that those friends are accepting of his decision because they "know him". We could all learn a lesson here, no doubt.
- The old "I'm sorry you feel that way" defence
- The insistence that this isn't about money, but about an exciting opportunity to build the sport in another country - must think we're all as thick as he is.

Everything this man does is deeply calculated, he's a textbook narcissist really. Deeply insecure. Let him have this little 5 minutes in the spotlight, where everyone comes to the consensus that he's a fake, and then consign him to the annals of past players who weren't really fit to wear the shirt.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #100 on: September 5, 2023, 05:25:00 pm »
The club is what we love.

The players pass through as JC mentioned above, I've been thinking on these lines for a long time - even when younger......I doubt any of these fellas are a hero to anybody once they get to double digits in age.

Henderson made a mistake thinking that interview would do any good for him or his "brand".
As soon as he moved to Saudi he should have had the sense to shut the fuck up - I guess his PR team are as thick as he is

It hurts you that you didnt get to have a testimonial or say bye? good grief.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #101 on: September 5, 2023, 05:27:18 pm »
This interview wasn't for us though

It was for England fans. That's what he cares about
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 5, 2023, 05:29:28 pm »
Anyway, fuck him. Wish he'd gone in 2021. He would have had a decade's service with the club, trophies, and we likely wouldn't have been fucked in the league last season.

If Saudi had still been interested in him, it still would have pissed us all off at his LGBTQ about face, but the few years' gap between him leaving us and joining them would have been less of a gut punch.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 5, 2023, 05:29:35 pm »

Is what’s been published today the full thing? I was listening to the athletic mini pod and said he’s spoke about Salah and I want to know what shite he’s been told to say.

I've had to google it, but basically it means they think you are lower than dirt.

He'd better not throw his boots into the crowd after a match
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 5, 2023, 05:30:06 pm »

The right wing, flag shagging, gay hating Nazi element?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: September 5, 2023, 05:33:27 pm »

Ironic. Most of them probably didn't even like or rate him much as he played for us. Now he's linked up with a Gay-killing regime instead, they'll all magically love him.

The attitude and values of some people are completely warped.

The right wing, flag shagging, gay hating Nazi element?

This.

Popcorn's Art

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 5, 2023, 05:34:57 pm »

It's an insult. "You're like dirt, lower than the sole of my feet"

And yes, think the quote in the OP is the full interview.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 5, 2023, 05:36:15 pm »

In many Asian cultures including middle east and Thailand showing the soles of your feet is a sign of disrespect as the soles of your feet are seen as the dirtiest from walking on the ground.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 5, 2023, 05:38:17 pm »
What a bellend.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 5, 2023, 05:40:29 pm »
I’ve only ever had one Saudi friend (while at Liverpool uni doing my masters) and he was far more enlightened than Henderson. Henderson appears to be a dumb ignorant bootlicker. We should have spotted that when he was the only one singing the national anthem. At Anfield.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 5, 2023, 05:49:53 pm »
There was rumours that the Saudis will offer a boatload of money next summer for pre season friendlies, I hope we've not lined up one of them.  :-X

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 5, 2023, 05:53:40 pm »
Can't ever recall a bigger downfall. He had it professionally, personally endeared himself to the supporters.... and all that has gone to waste.

Lie down with dogs, you get fleas. The absolute state of people happy to throw any semblance of morality for that money.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 5, 2023, 05:54:30 pm »
There was rumours that the Saudis will offer a boatload of money next summer for pre season friendlies, I hope we've not lined up one of them.  :-X

You know we will, same as every other club.

On the interview, echo some other comments, he'd have been better off not saying anything rather than horrendous interview.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 5, 2023, 05:55:30 pm »

I'm not one of the anti-FSG lot, but poor PR decisions rear their ugly heads every few years with them it seems. Ticket prices, furloughing staff... I pray that friendlies in that isn't another one of those tone deaf decisions.

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 5, 2023, 05:55:38 pm »
You would think he would have the sense to keep his head down. He got the money. The absolute arrogance to try to defend it. It is honestly astonishing.

I genuinely have never changed my opinion of a person as much as I have with Jordan Henderson. I can scarcely believe it.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 5, 2023, 05:56:06 pm »

I hope not. Can you imagine them offering us half a billion quid to stage a "testimonial" for Henderson over there? They'd probably seize Mo's passport when we arrived and not let him leave!

Popcorn's Art

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 5, 2023, 05:56:51 pm »
I, for one, don't miss him. The players we've brought in are upgrades.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 06:45:34 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 5, 2023, 05:57:20 pm »

On the interview, echo some other comments, he'd have been better off not saying anything rather than horrendous interview.

To go over to Saudi?

Maybe we play a Saudi team in Austria or something.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 5, 2023, 05:59:32 pm »
To go over to Saudi?

Maybe we play a Saudi team in Austria or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club said yes to it, at least initially. They might back down if there's pressure from fans.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.