Author Topic: Stephen Darby  (Read 9251 times)

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stephen Darby
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2019, 11:57:12 pm »
Not quite hit their target yet, bump!
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: June 6, 2019, 01:14:38 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/353071-liverpool-bradford-friendly-stephen-darby

14th of July.

Darby will be made up about this game and we should attend if we can.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2019, 08:30:40 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/353071-liverpool-bradford-friendly-stephen-darby

14th of July.

Darby will be made up about this game and we should attend if we can.

I will be there, I only live 20 or so miles from Bratfut

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2019, 08:17:33 pm »
Seeing the clip on Facebook today made me feel hopeful that it'd be a slow progression for him. After a full year, he's still talking very coherently and appears to have good movement of his arms, so that seems like a good sign. All the best to him and I really hope it will go well for him and that it's not the most aggressive form of it so he can keep doing what he's doing now for many years to come.

YNWA mate.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 08:21:10 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2019, 08:20:29 pm »
Seeing him getting interviewed on LFCTV was really powerful and he did so well to speak to the crowd before the game. I hope they have raised some good money and also some awareness about this horrible condition.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2019, 07:09:59 pm »
You can donate to a fundraising walk for the Darby Rimmer MND (Motor Neurone Disease) Foundation

https://twitter.com/BlackpoolFC/status/1146461195190374400
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline ElDuderino

• Main Stander
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2019, 01:06:32 am »
Seeing him getting interviewed on LFCTV was really powerful and he did so well to speak to the crowd before the game. I hope they have raised some good money and also some awareness about this horrible condition.
Was at the Bradford game. Knew the words motor neuron disease. Looking into it, know nothing about it. Five totally different diseases and no one has any idea why it chooses who it chooses. Fucking horrible disease that I barely knew existed really. This is why football is so powerful. Liverpool, champions league, Bradford, league 2. We're the same. Thoughts to anyone affected, and quids in to the Darby Rimmer Foundation.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Extra shout out to the Bradford fans. One of the most emotional YNWA's I've witnessed.

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2019, 12:14:18 am »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2019, 12:19:49 am »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 3, 2020, 05:40:07 pm »
DARBY-RIMMER THIRD SHIRTS TO GO ON SALE BEFORE BRADFORD

We are delighted to announce that the club’s Darby-Rimmer Foundation third shirt is going on general sale from 9am tomorrow, Saturday 4th January, priced at £44.99.

There will be a limited number of 300 shirts of this hugely popular addition to the 19/20 kit available exclusively in the club shop, with all proceeds being donated to the Darby-Rimmer foundation.

The club would like to extend its thanks to both Imagine Cruising and our kit supplier, PUMA, for their huge effort in possible for this to happen.

In addition, tomorrow afternoon, for the first time since 2010, Swindon won’t be wearing red at home.  As part of our support of the Darby-Rimmer Foundation, we will be wearing our purple third shirt against the only other club in the division for which Stephen Darby played for – tomorrow’s opponents, Bradford City.

Stephen joined Swindon on-loan from Liverpool in March 2010 with the club fighting for promotion from League One. While his time at the club was from March until the end of the season, Stephen made 12 appearances in total, his impact was huge and he will be remembered for his winning penalty, in that year’s third kit, in the Play-Off Semi Final away at Charlton.

Stephen was diagnosed with motor-neurone disease in 2018 and has since set up the Darby-Rimmer Foundation which is seeking to raise money to help fight the disease, alongside Chris Rimmer, an ex-serviceman also diagnosed with the condition.

In July 2019, Bradford hosted Liverpool in a pre-season friendly in support of the foundation and it felt apt to use tomorrow’s game to continue to raise awareness and funds for the charity.

Tomorrow’s  Supporter’s Club’s 50/50 Draw takings are both going to the foundation.

Unfortunately, no children’s shirts will go on sale due to no availability and shirt printing will not be available on the day due to higher expected demand on club shop staff. Printing will be available in normal shop hours.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/darby-rimmer-third-shirts-to-go-on-sale/?fbclid=IwAR1pPi6GJkIujv-IKLM2QOkRyPUCW6SV6fhkLgrqERQW9wyrkRe-cdcoTgA

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2020, 08:49:09 am »
Was an interview with him and Doddie Weir, Rob Burrows on BBC breakfast this morning.  Quite a tough watch. Life can be so bloody cruel.
When I was in my 20s I used to think that there'd be cures for all these types of illnesses (me dad has parkinsonism) in the future. I'm in my 50s now and it seems we're as far away as ever.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2020, 10:03:47 am »
Saw a bit of the interview and crazy to see how devastating the disease is and it can cripple an athlete in their prime to a wheelchair n worse in a matter of months. Amazing bravery by all those battling the disease and bringing it the forefront to raise awareness when they still must be in shock. Truly amazing strength!!!!
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #55 on: January 8, 2024, 12:55:41 pm »
Was on BBC breakfast this morning speaking about living with MND. Absolutely heartbreaking to see how quickly it has taken over his life.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #56 on: January 9, 2024, 12:33:03 pm »
Hard watch that. Brave fella, YNWA Stephen
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline lfcdave

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2024, 06:05:43 pm »

📸 Watch this video on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/v/3QXDmzBVC1skZ49T/?mibextid=KsPBc6

Conversation between Stephen and Marcus Stewart who also has MND