Author Topic: Cybervizion Keylogger  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Bandy

• Kopite
  • Linux Based Fun.
Cybervizion Keylogger
« on: November 22, 2005, 11:16:31 am »
Anything know anything about this, it seems that some bastard has managed to install it on my laptop (Spy Sweeper picked it up)

And it was all going so well

Pheeny

Re: Cybervizion Keylogger
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 11:18:32 am »
Try Google?

Offline Bandy

• Kopite
  • Linux Based Fun.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 11:26:54 am »
It seems to be something you can buy

'For survellience'

Obviously, this is a tool (And there seem to be loads) to hack people's computers and gain passwords, details and credit card numbers and the like.

I'm suprised it isn't illegal.

Offline Another-kop-hero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 11:39:47 am »
It seems to be something you can buy

'For survellience'

Obviously, this is a tool (And there seem to be loads) to hack people's computers and gain passwords, details and credit card numbers and the like.

I'm suprised it isn't illegal.

They arnt illegal as you can use them to monitor staff usage of PC's

i have used them a few times as my sister kept fucking her PC up and claimed it wasn't her

They can come in handy as they run in the background and all the keystrokes are saved in a to a text file which is easy to read but yea i do see were your coming from with them been illegal Ive had a few on my PC and can be quite worrying as every thing you type is recorded but they weren't originally intended  to hack peoples PC's but some bastard thought it would be cool  :wanker

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 12:38:08 pm »
as another-kop-hero says they're not illegal, but it might be a nice idea to find out how long it's been on your pc and what exactly you've done since it was there, ie. have you bought anything online/logged into online banking/anything like that, and either change passwords or inform your bank, even if just to cover yourself in the event they attempt to buy a ferrari on your debit card (this has happened to me, they didn't try to buy a ferrari, but in total they got £1400 worth of shit from Argos, of all fucking places, and if it wasn't for me being such a predictable fucker in my spending that the bank believed it wasn't me doing it). If you have a firewall chances are it's been blocked from accessing the web and uploading anything from your pc inwhich case there's no need to panic, unless of course you let it go online :P You got any clues how it got there?

One way shit like this is being spread is through P2P programs like Kazaa/Limewire etc, never ever open anything, and i mean ANYTHING, from somewhere like without scanning it first, they're not trusted sources and fuckwits the world over infect files and distribute them on places like Kazaa cos they *know* 90% of the people who use it are fairly naive.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 12:39:53 pm by Claire. »

Offline Bandy

• Kopite
  • Linux Based Fun.
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 12:43:25 pm »
No, dunno where it came from - I don't do financial transactions from my laptop and I have a firewall running

I do financial stuff from work as their firewall is quite good

Hopefully I've nothing to worry about, but I might tell my bank just in case?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 12:53:26 pm »
No, dunno where it came from - I don't do financial transactions from my laptop and I have a firewall running

I do financial stuff from work as their firewall is quite good

Hopefully I've nothing to worry about, but I might tell my bank just in case?

If you have a firewall running, it *should* have had to ask for permission to access the web, if you know the filename of it, you should be able to check in a permission's list in your firewall to see if it's gained access, or, if your firewall keeps a log it may well tell you if it's been blocked from accessing the web, and may give you an ip of where it was attempting to contact. Also may provide a clue or two to how long it's been active on your system.

If you deffo ain't done anything financial then there isn't a lot to worry about, but just keep it in mind, I'd probably change things like email passwords and the like just to be on the safe side, but I'm fucking paranoid so y'know :P

Offline Bandy

• Kopite
  • Linux Based Fun.
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 01:08:12 pm »
Spy sweeper detected it, but didn't remove it

:(

Hmm. Wondering the best way to zap it?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 01:20:29 pm »
Could try Microsoft's AntiSpyware tool, I use it and it's pretty good, or just do a full virus scan, in both cases grab the latest updates before you do the scan, my mate's just suggested something called Spy Doctor aswell.

Good luck :)