Author Topic: Liverpool FC vs Brøndby IF - 16th July - Prematch excitment thread  (Read 47786 times)

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool FC vs Brøndby IF - 16th July - Prematch excitment thread
« Reply #920 on: July 17, 2014, 12:18:52 am »
Back in the day, for pre-season games, a day after the match you'd see a little small article in the top corner of your newspaper with the score and you'll barely bat an eye lid at it. Win, lose or draw.

Nowadays, with extensive TV coverage, grand forums to discuss the games and stats that cover these games, it's just caused people to take friendlies way too seriously.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #921 on: July 17, 2014, 12:47:18 am »
Worst thing about today's match? 4 Norwegian pissheads, with their tops off, and  liverbird tattoos on the chest. Absolutely twats, standing just to the left of Jones 1st half goal. Giving more or less everybody "the finger" and "the walker" sign. At one point it looked like they were about to fight each other and every time the stewards wanted a word, they ran off, and hiding like little boys. I know that they have some restricted alcohol laws in Norway, but give it a break lads, probably been drinking all night on the ferry down to Cph,  and through the day as well, but why behave like you've been doing coke for 20 hours straight?  You are NOT the famous travelling Kop, you are the ones who gives us a bad name...

Well said mate. Where you there or did you spot them on the tele?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: July 17, 2014, 01:48:27 am »
Good warm up, Coutinho looked a cut above. Ibe and Coady strong. Aside from that, who gives two hoots about the game, it's a training session.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #923 on: July 17, 2014, 03:54:17 am »
Back in the day, for pre-season games, a day after the match you'd see a little small article in the top corner of your newspaper with the score and you'll barely bat an eye lid at it. Win, lose or draw.

Nowadays, with extensive TV coverage, grand forums to discuss the games and stats that cover these games, it's just caused people to take friendlies way too seriously.

Exactly. If you were lucky you'd get to see the highlights on the telly. It just shows how much technology and social media have taken over. It's 2014 and you have so many ways to discuss, watch and moan about every facet of the game. The players have been back in training just over a week and this game was nothing but a glorified training session. Yet people (not just on here, by other means) are genuinely concerned by certain things and are making assumptions about players that should not be being made.

For what it's worth, I think pre-season is a very good indicator of what is to come. I don't have the stats and figures at hand but I think that history shows that if we have a good pre-season (not necessarily the results but they are a good barometer) then we tend to do better. Last season we had a wonderful time with results and performances both individually and collectively and look what happened. Rafa's last season here the pre-season then was terrible and we finished 7th. They are just a couple of examples but I do perhaps read into pre-season results more than others and probably more than I should.

But yesterday's game was not the time to read into anything.

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #924 on: July 17, 2014, 04:02:29 am »
This wasn't even a pre-season friendly. It was a cross between a reserve match and Agger's testimonial.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: July 17, 2014, 11:33:28 am »
PRE SEASON IS All ABOUT FITNESS!

This is true, however every year the form we show in pre-season is carried into the opening league games.

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #926 on: July 17, 2014, 11:41:43 am »
This wasn't even a pre-season friendly. It was a cross between a reserve match and Agger's testimonial.
Sadly true I think. :(
XBL: Flash6289

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: July 17, 2014, 11:43:31 am »
Sadly true I think. :(

Why is that sad?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Rafafari

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #928 on: July 17, 2014, 11:48:33 am »
Well said mate. Where you there or did you spot them on the tele?

I was there, sitting in the stand right above them, so i couldn't miss them. It was quite a "show"...

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #929 on: July 17, 2014, 12:00:56 pm »
Why is that sad?
I don't think we should sell him.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: July 17, 2014, 12:22:39 pm »
I don't think we should sell him.

Gerrard had his testimonial last year and he's still doing alright
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #931 on: July 17, 2014, 12:30:03 pm »
Gerrard had his testimonial last year and he's still doing alright
Yes, but that was an actual testimonial for a one-club player who's approaching the end of his career. Do you not think this game might have been arranged for Agger before he leaves? I just can't see him being happy behind the new CB, Sakho and maybe Skrtel in the pecking order...

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: July 17, 2014, 12:33:42 pm »
Yes, but that was an actual testimonial for a one-club player who's approaching the end of his career. Do you not think this game might have been arranged for Agger before he leaves? I just can't see him being happy behind the new CB, Sakho and maybe Skrtel in the pecking order...

He might leave but I don't think this game has anything to do with it.

He won't be behind the new CB or Skrtel because he'll be left sided, doubt he wants to stay behind Sakho, but it depends if anyone offers a good fee. He might fancy Sakho having a poor run of form or an injury and realising he will be playing CL football again

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: July 18, 2014, 07:06:26 am »
Great trip drinks were cheaper than when we went in the 90s

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: July 18, 2014, 07:08:18 am »
1more

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: July 18, 2014, 08:35:37 am »
Are we allowed to start a Preston thread yet mods?