Author Topic: Europa League / Conference League / Champions League Fixtures 28th-30th November  (Read 16521 times)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

Marseille vs Ajax; 15 minute highlights: https://ourmatch.me/30-11-2023-marseille-vs-ajax or https://hoofoot.com/?match=Marseille_vs_Ajax_2023_11_30  ;D

'The referee stops the game in Helsinki ⛔️ Reason: Aberdeen fans throwing snowballs at the HJK goalkeeper... 😅' - https://twitter.com/footballontnt/status/1730306779681014211
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Are the U-18 eligible for the trip to St Gilloise? ;D All players from the B-list please...

I get your reasoning, but sadly there is no way Klopp will do that, our result has implications on the group outcome and who makes the qualifier, and he's too much of a football man to do it. Toulouse and USG drew both games, so IF LASK beat Toulouse, USG then just need to beat us by a large enough margin to qualify - us putting out the U18's would likely guarantee USG get the 4-0 win they'd need if UEFA decides 2nd on goals scored, or a 2-0 win if its just down to GD (I don't know what criteria applies)
Jurgen YNWA

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
I get your reasoning, but sadly there is no way Klopp will do that, our result has implications on the group outcome and who makes the qualifier, and he's too much of a football man to do it. Toulouse and USG drew both games, so IF LASK beat Toulouse, USG then just need to beat us by a large enough margin to qualify - us putting out the U18's would likely guarantee USG get the 4-0 win they'd need if UEFA decides 2nd on goals scored, or a 2-0 win if its just down to GD (I don't know what criteria applies)

And the 2-3000 fans travelling over will expect a reasonably strong team on the pitch.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

We'll play a stronger side and bench than we'd all like. If Toulouse lose to Lask that's their lookout though. They've got 2 more points than they should have due to a nonsensical VAR decision anyway.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
Another win for Leverkusen phenomenal team, Liverpool and them are better than 80% of the sides in The Champions League.

Yeah, that could easily have been a CL semi final this season. We'll have to beat them to win it.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Good to be able to forget about it until March now. Hopefully by then we will have won the League Cup, but most years we've ever even reached the final we've gone on to play at least one more final that season, and got to two more finals in 2001 and 2022.

It's been a relatively enjoyable group stage, we've played some good football and scored goals, it was a very kind group to be fair, and it's allowed us to use a few younger players like Quansah and Doak. I've been happy we've played a strong side mostly though, bodes well for the knockouts where we have to take it even more seriously if we want to win it.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
And the 2-3000 fans travelling over will expect a reasonably strong team on the pitch.
I'm going to that game as well :D Will be sitting with the home supporters, unfortunately.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

If teams on the same points have the same number of points against each other (which 2 draws would imply) it then goes overall GD - so it needs to be a combined 3 GD between both matches (i.e. if LASK win by 1, USG need to win by 2; if LASK win by 2+, then USG by 1).  The other thing to note - is we can only actually field players named in our EL squad at the start of the season - so the only players younger then 21 in the squad are  Chambers/Quansah/Bradley/Clark/Baj/Elliot/Scanlon/McConnell/Koumas/Doak/Gordon/Fauendorf   - Elliot/Quansah obviously have played a bunch of first team matches, Baj is injured; so we'd have to have some experienced players even if it like Elliot/Quansah/Jones/etc.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Are the U-18 eligible for the trip to St Gilloise? ;D All players from the B-list please...

We've only named 10 outfield B list players, including Baj who is injured.  Which of our youth keepers should we play full back ;)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Imagine for the last game we could see something like ...

Kelleher
Bradley, Gomez, Quansah, Chambers
Endo, Clark, McConnell. (No idea how this midfield is meant to work to be honest)
Gordon, Gakpo, Doak

Think the likes of Frauendorf might be on the B list some of those get used. It's been a shame Bajcetic has been injured because he'd have been able to play in this if he hadn't in the league, then again if you sign someone like Endo for 15 million you have to start him sometimes.

You definitely can't just play 11 kids even if the squad allowed it, it worked against lower league Shrewsbury a few years ago in the FA Cup but in Europe away from home to a team who have to win you'd be asking for too much trouble. A stress free game this time of year is always nice though.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
There's a chance we might play Ali if it's his first game back and he needs a bit of shaprness before United/Arsenal.

It is the chance to play Bradley/Chambers/Mcconnell/Clark/Gordon/Doak alongside the likes of Endo and Elliott and then Matip or Gomez alongside Quansah. A few experienced players on the bench.

It'll be a short flight, so it depends whether we travel on the day or not. We'll take the full squad over pretty much if we travel down Wednesday because we'll need the rhythm of training, that'll see a strong bench at least. It's not like Klopp and the first team will stay at home and the U23 manager does the game and we treat it like an EFL Trophy game.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
We've only named 10 outfield B list players, including Baj who is injured.  Which of our youth keepers should we play full back ;)
Do we really need to field 11 players?  ;D

It was a tongue-in-cheeck comment. But I do want to see players rested for the United game that follows. We still owe E7H to change his name back to the original one.  ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."