Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4048551 times)

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #23440 on: June 24, 2012, 12:45:29 am »
There are limitations to what the body can do.
It can't regrow an amputated leg for instance.
I say that not to be smart but to highlight that the mind can't work miracles.
A bulging disc is very hard to heal by itself, or other means even, due to the lack of blood that circulates at the core of a disc.
Blood, oxygen and circulation are the great healers of the body, not the mind.
The mind can be used to block pain and relieve symptoms but the mind can only identify areas that the circulatory system needs to carry the healing substances.
thats my point though harry....the pain control bit...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJYLXxRO070
no sticking youre arse in the air though FS...ahem

but the mind can only identify areas that the circulatory system needs to carry the healing substances(the mind can turn itself from a negative thinking im ugly no good blah blah to a ...actually thats not true....someone only made me think that all  those years ago and and is isnt actually true....)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:50:14 am by horne »
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23441 on: June 24, 2012, 12:47:39 am »
thats my point though harry....the pain control bit...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJYLXxRO070
no sticking youre arse in the air though FS...ahem
I use co codymol
Easy make coffee pop two drink coffee go a bit dizzy walk off and go the pub to top up
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23442 on: June 24, 2012, 12:50:52 am »
I use co codymol
Easy make coffee pop two drink coffee go a bit dizzy walk off and go the pub to top up
lol...if you believe that works....it will ! thats the secret

i raise you the placebo effect?
 in fact i will double that raise with...ckinell bobby charlton...your looking a bit peaky son...are you ok?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:53:30 am by horne »

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23443 on: June 24, 2012, 12:53:11 am »
lol...if you believe that works....it will ! thats the secret

i raise you the placebo effect?
an miss out on alcohol and drugs nah

Spent 5 years experimenting with every cure and the only one that actually worked was the spinal injections, which I didn't believe in

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23444 on: June 24, 2012, 12:56:20 am »
an miss out on alcohol and drugs nah
you have a strong fitical craculty young sir...hiccup....

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #23445 on: June 24, 2012, 12:59:10 am »
I use co codymol

A doctor told me a while ago (I'd just broke a couple of ribs) not to get the strongest painkillers but just to get the ordinary ones. He said, "Do you know what the difference is between the amount of painkiller you get in the (I've got to guess the sizes cos I can't remember) 300mg tablets and the 600mg tablets"? I obviously suggested 300mg. He said, "No - zero.  You're just buying 300mg's of caffeine - so just get the cheap ones and have a cup opf coffee. if you want one."

Apparently the caffeine does open up the capillaries which does help - a bit.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 01:01:08 am by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23447 on: June 24, 2012, 01:05:15 am »
A doctor told me a while ago (I'd just broke a couple of ribs) not to get the strongest painkillers but just to get the ordinary ones. He said, "Do you know what the difference is between the amount of painkiller you get in the (I've got to guess the sizes cos I can't remember) 300mg tablets and the 600mg tablets"? I obviously suggested 300mg. He said, "No - zero.  You're just buying 300mg's of caffeine - so just get the cheap ones and have a cup opf coffee. if you want one."

Apparently the caffeine does open up the capillaries which does help - a bit.
Thats why I go dizzy then
I take mine with a strong double espresso

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #23448 on: June 24, 2012, 01:11:33 am »
thats exactly what it is bobby...its called waking hypnosis.....now after what ive described above....a smart arse wouls say hang on...i thought you went on and on about closing down the critical faculty etc...well they woul partly be correct in certain cases but what you have done yerself is bypass it with strong belief that you could learn a new way with dealing with it which you did...which proves that its effective.....if that makes sense?

Spot on, H. I learned it off my ex. Long story short. She had cervical cancer. Should have been end of. No chance she said. I'm not leaving my kids behind with this knob head!She told me that straight

She beat it with that mentality. Still going strong. Even more beautiful than she was and without me. A fucking medical miracle she is. One factor....willpower. I'm closer to her now than I ever was. I am fucking in awe of her. Pity I wasn;t when she was well but that's another story.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23449 on: June 24, 2012, 01:12:36 am »
i hope england get past the italians to play germany ...franz beckenbauer who has said bugger all upto now since we last played them i expect will pop up again before the game(two days) and come out with a corker of a comment through the media which he hopes will effect the outcome like last time....the interesting thing last time was he suggested we looked tired...when we didnt...using the fact that his side were a lot younger than ours (which they were) but no one questions the master as it was the great franz beckenbauer...he must know what he is talking about mustnt he....the seed he planted grew!....and the england experts ...ahem....were confused about why we didnt perform on the day...maybe were were exhausted from the long season in the prem....even though the germans had proven afterwards to have played more games?....my guess is he will suggest his boys are more experienced now as he cant play that card again as we have quite a young squad barring the odd exception....
what i want to know is why we didnt counteract it with the more experienced card due to age?....watch this space

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23450 on: June 24, 2012, 01:13:49 am »
Spot on, H. I learned it off my ex. Long story short. She had cervical cancer. Should have been end of. No chance she said. I'm not leaving my kids behind with this knob head!She told me that straight

She beat it with that mentality. Still going strong. Even more beautiful than she was and without me. A fucking medical miracle she is. One factor....willpower. I'm closer to her now than I ever was. I am fucking in awe of her. Pity I wasn;t when she was well but that's another story.
Good one
The will will find it's way always

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23451 on: June 24, 2012, 01:21:21 am »
i hope england get past the italians to play germany ...franz beckenbauer who has said bugger all upto now since we last played them i expect will pop up again before the game(two days) and come out with a corker of a comment through the media which he hopes will effect the outcome like last time....the interesting thing last time was he suggested we looked tired...when we didnt...using the fact that his side were a lot younger than ours (which they were) but no one questions the master as it was the great franz beckenbauer...he must know what he is talking about mustnt he....the seed he planted grew!....and the england experts ...ahem....were confused about why we didnt perform on the day...maybe were were exhausted from the long season in the prem....even though the germans had proven afterwards to have played more games?....my guess is he will suggest his boys are more experienced now as he cant play that card again as we have quite a young squad barring the odd exception....
what i want to know is why we didnt counteract it with the more experienced card due to age?....watch this space

D'ya reckon it worked on that fucking linesman, H? How much further over the line could it have been? This, from a pacifist when it comes to Engurland.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23452 on: June 24, 2012, 01:22:38 am »

its something ive been thinking about for a few years bobby as its someone close to me who is going through it....hes a cracking lad ....incredible in fact and if i told you some stories it would amaze....ive been watching him go through treatment after treatment hoping they find the magic medical cure and im hovering even though im not experienced at all....i think its make or break this week and i might step in and have a go
im wondering whether thers a way of sparking the brain into releasing the neccesary immune system and anti bodies to the relevant parts .....a bit of jump start .....fuck knows at the moment what sought of 2nd stage script i would use as its pretty groundbreaking .....no one out there believes it can work ...and i keep falling in line with this view ....but something nags me based on what i read and hear and youre story is evidence of this.
my sister has a hair salon and shes seen a few come and go but what she has noticed is the two that go down with it at the same time and one is the nagtive type who doesnt last a year and the other fun loving fighter type who is totally positive with great belief sytems and they are kicking around years later...there is definately something in this bobby....would love to see the nhs do a proper study into it and get right behind it
i love the eastern holistic philosophy of instead of chucking pain killers at you to mask the problem...they look for the cause and fix it

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23453 on: June 24, 2012, 01:26:07 am »
D'ya reckon it worked on that fucking linesman, H? How much further over the line could it have been? This, from a pacifist when it comes to Engurland.
lol...yer never knows

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23454 on: June 24, 2012, 01:28:17 am »
its something ive been thinking about for a few years bobby as its someone close to me who is going through it....hes a cracking lad ....incredible in fact and if i told you some stories it would amaze....ive been watching him go through treatment after treatment hoping they find the magic medical cure and im hovering even though im not experienced at all....i think its make or break this week and i might step in and have a go
im wondering whether thers a way of sparking the brain into releasing the neccesary immune system and anti bodies to the relevant parts .....a bit of jump start .....fuck knows at the moment what sought of 2nd stage script i would use as its pretty groundbreaking .....no one out there believes it can work ...and i keep falling in line with this view ....but something nags me based on what i read and hear and youre story is evidence of this.
my sister has a hair salon and shes seen a few come and go but what she has noticed is the two that go down with it at the same time and one is the nagtive type who doesnt last a year and the other fun loving fighter type who is totally positive with great belief sytems and they are kicking around years later...there is definately something in this bobby....would love to see the nhs do a proper study into it and get right behind it
i love the eastern holistic philosophy of instead of chucking pain killers at you to mask the problem...they look for the cause and fix it
But it's well documented in the medical profession that a positive person outlasts the negative.
My ma was diagnosed terminal the same time her neighbour id.
The neighbour lasted three months after chucking herself into a hospice.
My ma lasted 18 months and managed a charity bike ride even
Their is a benefit to positive thinking, but as I say it can only drive you so far. If it's unrepairable it's unrepairable but you can make a stay of execution

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #23455 on: June 24, 2012, 01:30:20 am »
Just curious like, but why is this thread on the main board?
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23456 on: June 24, 2012, 01:32:01 am »
Cos arl arses rule the world

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23457 on: June 24, 2012, 01:32:11 am »

Because we can't find it when they stick it somewhere else.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23458 on: June 24, 2012, 01:32:18 am »

I can only go with what I witnessed, H. It fucking inspired me. Morale is, it comes from within. You can't lecture it, package it or replicate it. 

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23459 on: June 24, 2012, 01:33:18 am »
Because we can't find it when they stick it somewhere else.
can't find what?

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23460 on: June 24, 2012, 01:34:39 am »
shouldnt you be in bed?  ::)

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23461 on: June 24, 2012, 01:35:52 am »
shouldnt you be in bed?
Where's matron when you need her

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #23462 on: June 24, 2012, 01:36:08 am »
shouldnt you be in bed?

You're older than me, shouldn't YOU? ;)
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23463 on: June 24, 2012, 01:36:53 am »
You're older than me, shouldn't YOU? ;)
I've pissed mine

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23464 on: June 24, 2012, 01:37:36 am »
can't find what?

Doh, I was wearing them all along.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23465 on: June 24, 2012, 01:37:49 am »
older you get...the less you need

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23466 on: June 24, 2012, 01:38:57 am »

Just to piss you off.

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23467 on: June 24, 2012, 01:39:06 am »
Doh, I was wearing them all along.
They're mine arn't they

Offline Matt8Pie

• Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #23468 on: June 24, 2012, 01:39:38 am »

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23469 on: June 24, 2012, 01:40:28 am »

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23470 on: June 24, 2012, 01:41:01 am »

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23471 on: June 24, 2012, 01:41:50 am »
They're mine arn't they

But I distinctly remember buying these skis.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23472 on: June 24, 2012, 01:42:21 am »
annnnd sleep

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23473 on: June 24, 2012, 01:46:52 am »
me too
Nurse

Offline Matt8Pie

• Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #23474 on: June 24, 2012, 01:47:15 am »
Don't forget your Horlicks you lot.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23475 on: June 24, 2012, 01:50:27 am »
Can't remember whether I took me tablets or just remembered to take me tablets but didn't actually take them.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23476 on: June 24, 2012, 01:51:40 am »
Don't forget your Horlicks you lot.

Half past five.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23477 on: June 24, 2012, 01:52:36 am »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23478 on: June 24, 2012, 02:00:38 am »

Offline Matt8Pie

• Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #23479 on: June 24, 2012, 02:03:06 am »
you might learn a bit on here kid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jajfPLwEHdo&feature=related

I'm not into all that hippy mumbo jumbo.