Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: New Kit thread
« Last post by elbow on Today at 06:02:19 am »
Always reminds me of Danny Wilson for some reason

Mary's Prayer was a boss tune!
If you've got one set of rules you can't enforce, why not introduce another set of rules you know you will never enforce?

Pathetic window dressing.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by farawayred on Today at 05:54:29 am »
Barcelona wanted Arteta to replace Xavi a few months back when Xavi announced he was leaving. Arteta said its not happening.

Im telling you know, Arteta will be Arsenal manager for a long time.
If that happens, it's good for the game. I would like managers to be given more time to establish a style and philosophy. But that, unfortunately, can only be afforded to those that play regularly in the CL. All the others are slaves to instant gratification, and have to be in this money-driven game..
Media and Arts / Re: Only connect...
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 05:53:09 am »
Connections
Puzzle #324
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
Media and Arts / Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Last post by Wild Romany Boy on Today at 05:51:27 am »
Wrestling is a funny industry, so far from other sports organisations. If Klopp said what Khan said, he'd be getting his P45 the next day from FSG.

Out of interest, what did HHH say? From what I recall, he was asked about it at a press conference and he dismissed the news?

She mentioned two things (and I am amazed how much she knew, cos I really didn't expect her to know this detail) that the answer to the allegations about Vince was stupid, because the easy answer would have been about an "ongoing investigation" and that the answer about not picking up free agents would have been something like "we only want those who opt to come" rather than stuff about the grind.

Don't get me wrong, I think Triple H has worked incredibly well, but keep him off camera where his ego seems to get ahead of itself.
CB, 2nd LB, CDM, possibly an attacker.

van den Berg looks an option for the fifth centre back, be interesting to see how the club see that.

Left back is interesting as I think Tsimikas has done well when he’s come in this year, but he’s primarily an attacking left back which doesn’t seem to fit the new role we want for it but then it doesn’t for Robbo either.

CDM is another interesting one as in terms of minutes, we’ve been fine this year and have Bajcetic back for next year, who hasn’t played a minute. A lot in this position will depend on what happens to Trent.

I think until the recent form we were scoring enough to compete. It’s the crisis in confidence in the forward line that really points to the need for a forward. In a way I’m glad our form has gone how it has, because I’d say it’s a more likely to point to title challenge than if our form was more inconsistent throughout the whole season.

Man we are a very rich football club and we pay salaries only few clubs can match we should be aiming higher , four of the players in this starting lineup should be squad players. Under Rafa we had the best midfield in the world and under Klopp we had the best forward line in the world, we need world class players.

As I mentioned, that’s the squad as I see it going forward for next year without transfers. I’m not saying we shouldn’t make any transfers, but it does show we are in a very strong position.

Be interesting to see which four players you’d think should be squad players in that line up. I can see the arguments for Bradley and Gakpo, maybe, but not sure who else you’d think should only be a squad player. Plus Bradley has been very impressive and if Gakpo isn’t the starter Nunez almost certainly would be, which suggests again we’re in a great position.
The Boozer / Re: Wordle - Word Game - Guess a different word each day
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 05:49:55 am »
Daily Quordle 827
6️⃣5️⃣
9️⃣7️⃣
m-w.com/games/quordle/
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ 🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜ 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛