Author Topic: GTA4  (Read 210145 times)

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
Re: GTA4
« Reply #4560 on: April 29, 2011, 09:49:33 am »
Some of the missions in that are so much better than the main game it makes me wonder whether they just ran out ouf time for the main one.

Gay Tony is excellent.
You are so right !
The missions in this are what I love the GTA series for.
Crazy, over the top shit !
The IV and LaD were pretty much just shooters, very easy if you've played lots of those.
This has got some frustratingly difficult, very funny, long and varied missions.
One thing though - could anyone find a way onto the cable cars that you see on one of the bridges? Spent ages but it kept throwing me off however I did it and it wouldn't let you walk on - yet more unfinished content I thought. That could have made a boss mission.
I once tried it with a wanted level on.
I didn't make it.
I'll try to jump on top one, see if that works ...

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #4561 on: April 29, 2011, 12:58:22 pm »
Some of the missions in that are so much better than the main game it makes me wonder whether they just ran out ouf time for the main one.

I don't really think they ran out of time for GTA IV. I just think they were trying something different. Darker with a less fancy characters and a more serious tone. In my view they failed, as I found TBOGT much better than the original game. As Ron is saying, GTA is known for crazy over the top shit, and GTA IV just didn't feel like it. With TBOGT they got some of the craziness back. Especially with Yusuf Amir and some of the missions. Even the Russians are funny in that game, whereas in GTA IV they were pretty much idiots... ;)

Offline TYong

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Follow Me On Twitter
« Reply #4562 on: April 29, 2011, 01:30:32 pm »
Is tBoGT about half the length of GTAIV?

Offline frikkibj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4563 on: April 29, 2011, 01:52:46 pm »
i hope they come up with new kinds of missions i am getting bored with these missions over and over again

pick someone up.
Drive to the other side of town
get a video scene
shoot your way out
lose your wanted level
drop off the guy you picked up

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #4564 on: April 29, 2011, 02:02:02 pm »
They had so much more variation in the older games. Ballad of Gay Tony has some really different missions compared to the original which I enjoy.
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4565 on: April 29, 2011, 02:37:41 pm »
Is tBoGT about half the length of GTAIV?
Both episodes are pretty short, although I have not finished the Gay Tony one yet.
I think it's about a 4th of the original game, per episode.

But still well worth getting, there are not that many games around that are good at the moment.
I don't know for the consoles, but for PC they have bundled the 2 "add-ons" and called it Episodes from Liberty City.
They even have a pack that also includes the original IV story, you can search the web for that.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:42:22 pm by Ron »

Offline TYong

• Anny Roader
    • Follow Me On Twitter
« Reply #4566 on: May 2, 2011, 09:33:24 pm »
Both episodes are pretty short, although I have not finished the Gay Tony one yet.
I think it's about a 4th of the original game, per episode.

But still well worth getting, there are not that many games around that are good at the moment.
I don't know for the consoles, but for PC they have bundled the 2 "add-ons" and called it Episodes from Liberty City.
They even have a pack that also includes the original IV story, you can search the web for that.

I've got the Episodes from Liberty City pack and am playing my way through BoGT now.  Just finished the mission with the biker gang and the sticky bombs which was fun.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #4567 on: May 3, 2011, 01:17:04 am »
Each Episode of Liberty City has half the missions that the Niko Belic story had. So combined, they're equal to it. Maths is boss.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #4568 on: May 3, 2011, 05:38:13 pm »
It's a shame the shops are closed on the two episodes but on TBoGT the clothes are decent.
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #4569 on: May 3, 2011, 11:12:55 pm »
I hope they bring the option to buy houses again. Okay, so it might of been a bit of a novelty but give us something to spend all our money on. Most the time you get guns from the missions you complete anyway off the dead bodies of the gangsters you take down. I just liked having places to park my cars in garages and store them around the islands, but it was also good having the weapon spawns inside the homes too. You can get the weapon spawns back in your house in the add ons if you complete the drug/racing challenges but I can never really be bothered doing 25 missions to reach that point

Liked having the ability to modify the cars too in San Andreas. Gave your cars a bit more personality to them and uniqueness
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline JayH93

• Legacy Fan
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #4570 on: May 4, 2011, 04:40:58 pm »
I bought the GTA pack on steam the other day and all of them work for me on Windows 7. Proper nostalgic playing through San Andreas again, even with a keyboard, driving through the countryside on a quad, quality!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4571 on: May 4, 2011, 04:52:35 pm »
If it didn't say it wouldn't work on windows 7 then you could ask for your money back?

I've got GTA IV and Windows 64 Bit ultimate. Works fine.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline JoeH

• Slightly obsessed with things up the bum - thinks it's funny.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4572 on: May 4, 2011, 05:12:22 pm »
I've got GTA IV and Windows 64 Bit ultimate. Works fine.

Same Here.

Offline TYong

• Anny Roader
    • Follow Me On Twitter
« Reply #4573 on: May 7, 2011, 06:37:37 pm »
Yusuf from TBoGT is am amazing character

Completely agree. Just finished TBoGT. Great game.

My favourite bits:

Yusuf is hilarious
A much more fun atmosphere than GTA IV - IV took itself way too seriously and the protagonist just wasn't likeable enough
The crossover on certain missions with GTA IV was good
The variety of the missions was enjoyable - jumping out of helicopters, racing away from cops in convoy
The variety of the weapons - and great that you get to access some of the more interesting ones even after the game has finished

Going to do all the triathlons/drug wars/extras etc now :)

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #4574 on: May 7, 2011, 06:39:22 pm »
They should let you keep the nitro cars from the triathlons :(

Bullet and Comet cars with Nitro is insane

Offline TYong

• Anny Roader
    • Follow Me On Twitter
« Reply #4575 on: May 7, 2011, 07:53:16 pm »
I do wish they would update San Andreas for PS3 :) Would love to play that again.

Also, loved the Vice City radio station :D

Offline JoeH

• Slightly obsessed with things up the bum - thinks it's funny.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4576 on: July 16, 2011, 09:24:44 pm »
You can get all the GTA games for £19.99 now on steam.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4577 on: August 3, 2011, 12:36:51 pm »
Gamespy has an article on how to get the best graphics out of the game:

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/grand-theft-auto-iv/1185388p1.html

Unfortunately you need to go back to patch 1.0.4.0, so you'll probably need to reinstall the game ...

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4578 on: August 3, 2011, 11:52:50 pm »
Been playing Liberty City Stories all this week. Thought the Lost and the Damned was a bit boring but I agree with the consensus on TBOGT, it was the game GTA 4 should have been. Not that I didn't enjoy the original game but it wasn't as fun as the previous ones and had virtually no replay value.