Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3467636 times)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #57600 on: June 15, 2021, 08:20:42 am »
We’ve been out a few times recently and you just feel for the staff being in such a shite position, the other weekend a group of 10+ people walked straight past the sign in board and sat down together, then kicked off at the girl when she told them they couldn’t all sit together. They were properly horrible to her.
Yeah stuff like that is so out of order. The poor staff are running round like blue arsed flies and trying to keep people to the rules at the same time and some people are just rude to them. Pricks! They’re not your personal servants, have some patience and show some respect!

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #57601 on: June 15, 2021, 08:22:14 am »
Isn't that the door staffs job?

Not everywhere has door staff, at least in the day.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #57602 on: June 15, 2021, 08:29:27 am »
My son works in a Pub/Restaurant.  Sunday night he politely asks a customer to abide by the covid rules.  5 minutes later, whilst my son was carrying a tray of drinks, said customer deliberately knocks the tray out of my son's hand.  Resulting in a pint glass hitting my son on the head, and another pint glass hitting an innocent bystander.

Some right gobshites out there.  I was furious when he told me.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57603 on: June 15, 2021, 08:33:07 am »
it is nearly 24 hours since our second jab and apart from a little bit of pain in the area where the jab was placed no issues at all. You expect a little bit of discomfort with a sharp needle going into your arm so no issues yet touch wood. 

Really pleased to read that you've both had your second dose mate. Hopefully allows you to feel a little bit safer when heading out for some fresh air and a change of scenery, in between all the football ;)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57604 on: June 15, 2021, 08:33:10 am »
My son works in a Pub/Restaurant.  Sunday night he politely asks a customer to abide by the covid rules.  5 minutes later, whilst my son was carrying a tray of drinks, said customer deliberately knocks the tray out of my son's hand.  Resulting in a pint glass hitting my son on the head, and another pint glass hitting an innocent bystander.

That’s shocking and disgusting.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57605 on: June 15, 2021, 08:54:27 am »
Get out to the pub or they won’t be there when you’ve decided to stop waiting. Pubs, bars and restaurants have jumped through every hoop they’ve been asked to. If you can afford it, try to keep using them if you can. Yes there’s aspects of the pub experience that are different and a pain, but most pub tables only hold six anyway and as you say landlords will try and put you near each other if there’s more than 6 of you and no outdoors space.

Honestly, not having a go at you mate, but people who moan about pubs or hospitality venues in general are either easily irritated or not very good at planning an evening out. We’ve been out about twice a week since April 12, and it’s been great catching up with loads of people we haven’t seen, and the pubs have all been spot on as long as you follow their simple rules (most of which are in place to keep their staff and customers as safe as they can be, not to mention stopping them getting fines off council enforcement officers).
I'm definitely not moaning mate but we're not a well planned group unfortunately! Everything is done last minute. For us it's just so much easier to go meet in someone's backyard unfortunately until the restrictions go.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57606 on: June 15, 2021, 08:59:56 am »
I'm definitely not moaning mate but we're not a well planned group unfortunately! Everything is done last minute. For us it's just so much easier to go meet in someone's backyard unfortunately until the restrictions go.
Ah yes...spontaneity. I vaguely remember that! ;D

No worries mate. Try and go for the odd pint as well if you can. The landlords I know are really struggling and I’m guessing it’s the same everywhere.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #57607 on: June 15, 2021, 09:10:30 am »
Not everywhere has door staff, at least in the day.
Hmm. I doubt the gobshites would have been so bold if they were at risk of a proper also.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57608 on: June 15, 2021, 09:17:34 am »

That's disgusting behaviour that.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #57609 on: June 15, 2021, 09:23:39 am »
Speaking of Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove, it looks like he is up front and centre today in the UK government’s media operation to justify the way they have handled the delay to lifting restrictions in England.

On Sky News, asked by presenter Kay Burley about the Labour claim that the UK government “should have moved at lightning speed” to close the borders with India, as was done with Pakistan and Bangladesh, and that the delay was caused by Prime Minister Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson’s desire for a “trade deal photo op”, Gove denied this.

It’s not true. No. We closed our borders, we put India on the “red list”, at the earliest, appropriate opportunity on the basis of all the evidence that we had. In fact we put India on the “red list” before we knew that this Delta variant was a variant of concern.

It is worth noting that on 9 April Pakistan had a seven-day average of 21 cases per million people, Bangladesh had twice as many and India had four times as many. Pakistan and Bangladesh were put on the red list at that point. India was not added until 23 April, after Johnson’s planned trip to India was cancelled on 19 April.

Infuriating why no one does a follow up and asks them how this is in any way logical
Believer

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #57610 on: June 15, 2021, 09:24:32 am »
The question remand about schools….

We can’t keep running schools like this… we can’t keep having 30 kids isolating every time there’s a case.
So what do we do?  We have to do something different eventually (likely September) or the damage will continue.

I’ve seen no one really discuss this ….but it’s really important
Well, vaccinations for kids, obviously. I know that it not as straightforward as that, but that's where we need to go ASAP. Is there a rough timeline for this in the UK?

And, on top of that, when there is a case in a class, maybe only those children who are unvaccinated should isolate. I know - epidemiologically speaking - that's probably not best general position to take, but we need to incentivize vaccination and at the same take remove those who will be most vulnerable to reinfection and act as vectors. What's the percentage of UK parents who are proposing to not vaccinate their children?

Or, is all that bollocks? I am sure you will have a better handle on this than me.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57611 on: June 15, 2021, 09:28:07 am »
Well, vaccinations for kids, obviously. I know that it not as straightforward as that, but that's where we need to go ASAP. Is there a rough timeline for this in the UK?

And, on top of that, when there is a case in a class, maybe only those children who are unvaccinated should isolate. I know - epidemiologically speaking - that's probably not best general position to take, but we need to incentivize vaccination and at the same take remove those who will be most vulnerable to reinfection and act as vectors. What's the percentage of UK parents who are proposing to not vaccinate their children?

Or, is all that bollocks? I am sure you will have a better handle on this than me.

Blair made a proposal to incentivise vaccination.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #57612 on: June 15, 2021, 09:30:04 am »
I suspect we'd see a high level of compliance with parents. Partly because adults in general are having high level compliance and partly the idea of another week at home doing wordsearches for words involving time when you are meant to be working is hugely motivating.

Ps any idea if bame percentages are approaching non bame for vaccinations?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57613 on: June 15, 2021, 09:44:22 am »
Blair made a proposal to incentivise vaccination.
I was unaware of that - just looked it up:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YsfpWT4bWrM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YsfpWT4bWrM</a>

I think that's right. It was always right - it is just that now, I think, the consensus around incentives/sanctions carrot/sticks is growing. COVID is not going away, and the delta variant only helps make the case for treating the unvaccinated (except for legitimate medical reasons) differently to the vaccinated.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #57614 on: June 15, 2021, 09:46:03 am »

A while ago my lad was working in a pub. He was collecting empties and was making his way back to the bar with six stacks of glasses, each one three foot high. Two women were sitting at one of those little round tables, having just finished some sardines. As he struggles past with his load, one of them holds up the empty plate and asks him to take it back to the bar. Being a gentleman, he says,"Certainly madam". Puts the six massive stacks of glasses on their table, skips back to the bar with the plate and then fucks off for half an hour.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57615 on: June 15, 2021, 10:01:28 am »
If you are asking me, I am 6 months out of date. Given the fast changing situation in every country, I have little idea now.

Just traveled through France. Social distancing seems to be non existant. You don't need to wear masks outside but have to in public areas inside. It's pretty relaxed.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57616 on: June 15, 2021, 10:04:59 am »
Just had to go and collect my eldest lad from school, he's now in self isolation until Tuesday. He was sitting in the hall with 5 other kids when I got there. I asked him was that all, no Dad, there about 50 been sent home.
Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57617 on: June 15, 2021, 10:07:32 am »
A while ago my lad was working in a pub. He was collecting empties and was making his way back to the bar with six stacks of glasses, each one three foot high. Two women were sitting at one of those little round tables, having just finished some sardines. As he struggles past with his load, one of them holds up the empty plate and asks him to take it back to the bar. Being a gentleman, he says,"Certainly madam". Puts the six massive stacks of glasses on their table, skips back to the bar with the plate and then fucks off for half an hour.

Our kid worked in the Bay Horse in Formby. Working on the bar one night, gets dogs abuse of this customer, acts as professionally as he can. Few days later, off duty, happens to be finishing having a piss when the fella walked into the bogs. He didn't walk out in the same condition he walked in.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57618 on: June 15, 2021, 10:08:48 am »
;D haha, good lad.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #57619 on: June 15, 2021, 10:20:12 am »
https://twitter.com/HSJnews/status/1404724998330322949?s=20

Simon Stevens expecting vaccine bookings to open up to all over 18s by the end of the week

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57620 on: June 15, 2021, 10:59:22 am »
Not in my area they're not:

But hospitalisations are going up generally.
As of the 10th, total UK numbers in hospital were up around 15% from 1 week earlier.
The fact that some hospitals aren't seeing any increases just means there's more pressure on the ones that are - Scotland numbers have doubled from their low a month ago.

I think the next week or so is a big moment for hospitalisations.
If you assume hospitalisations lag around 2 weeks behind cases, the big case growth we saw at the beginning of the June should be feeding through to hospitals now - so we should start to get a better idea of how much vaccinations are reducing the impact on hospitalisations.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57621 on: June 15, 2021, 11:07:55 am »
Hospitals around the country are running at what they would refer to as 100% capacity at present, so yes the risk of hospitalisations doubling at around a one week interval in some regions at the moment is something they're extremely concerned about.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57622 on: June 15, 2021, 11:12:28 am »
Is there an issue with getting Covid test results back? Thought the process was easy, but a colleague of mine has been waiting since Saturday on the results of his test

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57623 on: June 15, 2021, 11:27:15 am »
Is there an issue with getting Covid test results back? Thought the process was easy, but a colleague of mine has been waiting since Saturday on the results of his test

Fella at my wifes work waited 4 days for his results to come back in January and the NHS website says it takes at least 3 days and to contact them after 6 days if you haven't heard.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57624 on: June 15, 2021, 11:37:56 am »
Thanks, from my experience the results were always available within 24hrs, so just a bit strange that it's taking a bit longer now

We think he just fancies some time off and enjoying the sun!

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57625 on: June 15, 2021, 11:45:19 am »
Wouldn't blame him ;D  They all thought the fella at my wifes work was skiving, but it was freezing, its not like being at home was any better.

I assume the labs are really busy right now with all the testing that is going on due to Delta, plus all those who flew back in from Portugal needing PCR tests.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57626 on: June 15, 2021, 11:49:28 am »
While hospital numbers for covid are low at the moment, there is a massive backlog of other procedures. I recently read that there are now over 400,000 people waiting for over a year for their procedure. Waiting times in England are shocking at the best if times (multiple months for eg a hip replacement that's allow someone to walk again), but that is a 10-times increase from "before covid", afaik.

Numbers from the beeb, I think.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #57627 on: June 15, 2021, 12:09:33 pm »
I was unaware of that - just looked it up:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YsfpWT4bWrM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YsfpWT4bWrM</a>

I think that's right. It was always right - it is just that now, I think, the consensus around incentives/sanctions carrot/sticks is growing. COVID is not going away, and the delta variant only helps make the case for treating the unvaccinated (except for legitimate medical reasons) differently to the vaccinated.

The only incentive I'd give to vaccine refuseniks is to tell them that if the refuse a vaccine offer then get Covid, they won't be given NHS treatment.

Fuck 'em. Fruitcakes, conspiracy theory loons and paranoid pricks.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #57628 on: June 15, 2021, 12:11:14 pm »
Disgusted by the 'protestors' hounding & intimidating BBC journalist Nicholas Watt (yesterday, I think) - looked like a terrifying situation to be in.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #57629 on: June 15, 2021, 12:14:02 pm »
Meanwhile, despite getting a flying start after the government inadvertently got something right as the EU Commission dicked about, the UK's 'world beating' vaccine program has been caught and overtaken by our EU neighbours in terms of vaccination rates:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-vaccination-doses-per-capita?tab=chart&country=GBR~DEU~FRA~ESP~ITA

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57630 on: June 15, 2021, 12:19:39 pm »
But hospitalisations are going up generally.
As of the 10th, total UK numbers in hospital were up around 15% from 1 week earlier.
The fact that some hospitals aren't seeing any increases just means there's more pressure on the ones that are - Scotland numbers have doubled from their low a month ago.

I think the next week or so is a big moment for hospitalisations.
If you assume hospitalisations lag around 2 weeks behind cases, the big case growth we saw at the beginning of the June should be feeding through to hospitals now - so we should start to get a better idea of how much vaccinations are reducing the impact on hospitalisations.

By going up, you mean going from from 0 to 1, or 1 to 2, then yes, they are going up by those numbers here across the South West.  Deaths are at 0 over the past 28 days, in Cornwall, Devon and Dorset.

Even where my mate lives in London, the numbers are at 2.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57631 on: June 15, 2021, 12:27:51 pm »
By going up, you mean going from from 0 to 1, or 1 to 2, then yes, they are going up by those numbers here across the South West.  Deaths are at 0 over the past 28 days, in Cornwall, Devon and Dorset.

Even where my mate lives in London, the numbers are at 2.

A graph showing recent hospitalisation rates;

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1403423610065326080?s=21

More to the point, there’s in excess of 7000 daily cases currently, it’s reasonable to expect that number to increase over the coming week or so as we reach the 2-3 week mark where incubation tends to turn into hospitalisation.

Just because it isn’t bad in your area doesn’t mean that it won’t be at some point, if there’s one thing which has been fairly consistent throughout this virus it’s that it does a fairly good job of transmitting itself across large areas of land pretty quickly.

I know that the south-west has traditionally remained low, but nevertheless, how anyone can look at the rates of 2 does vaccinations and look at the difference in protection against serious illness when comparing 2 jabs to 1 of the AZ (it’s 94% compared with 72%) and not think they holding back to get those jabs administered is a good idea is something which is beyond me.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57632 on: June 15, 2021, 12:30:39 pm »
Meanwhile, despite getting a flying start after the government inadvertently got something right as the EU Commission dicked about, the UK's 'world beating' vaccine program has been caught and overtaken by our EU neighbours in terms of vaccination rates:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-vaccination-doses-per-capita?tab=chart&country=GBR~DEU~FRA~ESP~ITA
Well, there is plenty to criticise about the UK Government without resorting to disingenuous/unfair comparisons like that. Far more people have been vaccinated in the UK cmpared to those countries - it is inevitable that as the proportion of those unvaccinated drops, this pool will consist more and more of those who will not vaccinate or are hesitant to do so. COVID vaccination hesitancy (or refusal) in France is much higher than in the UK, but present vaccination rates there are still more reflective of the general pool, so the average unvaccinated person is generally more motivated to vaccinate campared with the UK. But this will change as more people in France are vaccinated.*

* Well, unless delta frightens people into action (as it should).

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57633 on: June 15, 2021, 12:33:51 pm »

In Europe only Malta has vaccinated more people (per 100 population) than the UK. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1196071/covid-19-vaccination-rate-in-europe-by-country/
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 12:35:27 pm by CheshireDave »
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57634 on: June 15, 2021, 12:38:16 pm »

It's good to see daily doses still going well in those particular countries, ideally all would be faster though.

Not sure that's a useful comparison though. That spike early on in the UK line is doing a lot of work. Take a look at these more useful indicators and you'll see what I mean.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/share-people-vaccinated-covid?country=ESP~GBR~ITA~FRA~DEU
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/share-people-fully-vaccinated-covid?country=FRA~DEU~ITA~GBR

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57635 on: June 15, 2021, 12:45:33 pm »
A graph showing recent hospitalisation rates;

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1403423610065326080?s=21

More to the point, there’s in excess of 7000 daily cases currently, it’s reasonable to expect that number to increase over the coming week or so as we reach the 2-3 week mark where incubation tends to turn into hospitalisation.

Just because it isn’t bad in your area doesn’t mean that it won’t be at some point, if there’s one thing which has been fairly consistent throughout this virus it’s that it does a fairly good job of transmitting itself across large areas of land pretty quickly.

I know that the south-west has traditionally remained low, but nevertheless, how anyone can look at the rates of 2 does vaccinations and look at the difference in protection against serious illness when comparing 2 jabs to 1 of the AZ (it’s 94% compared with 72%) and not think they holding back to get those jabs administered is a good idea is something which is beyond me.

Don't think that's what I've said.  Please quote me if you can.

I'm just pointing out that it's region specific.  We did have higher rates down here before Christmas, obviously, but the measures have done their job well.  Now all the vulnerable have had their two doses, the hospitalisation rates and deaths are pretty much nil.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 12:48:10 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #57636 on: June 15, 2021, 12:46:52 pm »
Think Simon Stevens said earlier today that the drop in daily vaccinations at the moment is related to the April supply issues and that we don't have as many to provide second doses to at the moment. They should pick up once we're over that lull.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57637 on: June 15, 2021, 12:52:07 pm »
Don't think that's what I've said.  Please quote me if you can.

I'm just pointing out that it's region specific.  We did have higher rates down here before Christmas, obviously, but the measures have done their job well.  Now all the vulnerable have had their two doses, the hospitalisation rates and deaths are pretty much nil.

Doesn't take long for those numbers to move up quickly. They're currently working to a weekly doubling time at least in some NHS regions (don't know South West specifically)

In the most recently available seven days of data 6-12 June there were 44 people admitted. That isn't nil in my book, and that will be increasing unfortunately.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57638 on: June 15, 2021, 12:56:09 pm »
Thanks, from my experience the results were always available within 24hrs, so just a bit strange that it's taking a bit longer now

We think he just fancies some time off and enjoying the sun!

To add the this, Trafford Council have requested the kids sent home by school today take a PCR test - just booked my lad in for today and they said the results will be 3 days, so he will get them back Friday 18th - we are to contact them if they haven't come back by Saturday.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #57639 on: June 15, 2021, 12:56:22 pm »
Disgusted by the 'protestors' hounding & intimidating BBC journalist Nicholas Watt (yesterday, I think) - looked like a terrifying situation to be in.

Very scary. And the cops weren't much use.

What do these thugs hate most? Lockdown, Black Lives Matter, or the BBC? Obviously the three are on a continuum. Hate one and you have to hate the other. But which gets their goat the most? 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.