Author Topic: GAA Thread 2010  (Read 197218 times)

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
Re: GAA Thread 2010
« Reply #2160 on: August 30, 2010, 07:02:08 pm »
What about the Kildare goal, has everyone forgot about that? How many steps?
mines a pint

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2161 on: August 30, 2010, 07:03:31 pm »

Thank you!
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2162 on: August 30, 2010, 07:54:45 pm »

I suggest you go and learn the rules of gaelic football

Thank you!

You should do the same
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2163 on: August 31, 2010, 12:21:49 am »
Irish News agreed with me. Not one of McEnaney's better days.

And King Paddy Doherty did as well.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline PanchDeBurca

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2164 on: August 31, 2010, 02:04:02 pm »
Got the tickets for Sunday, the exact same seats as last year, identical  - not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing :-\

Booked Monday off work though just in case

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #2165 on: August 31, 2010, 03:06:24 pm »
Got the tickets for Sunday, the exact same seats as last year, identical  - not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing :-\

Thats mad, did you get them off the club? Where abouts are they?

Just dawned on me I'll be in Oz for this, better start sorting a place to watch it

Offline PanchDeBurca

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2166 on: August 31, 2010, 03:40:46 pm »
Thats mad, did you get them off the club? Where abouts are they?

Just dawned on me I'll be in Oz for this, better start sorting a place to watch it
Got them from a cork club (friend's missus dad) - the very last seats in the cusack stand at the hill end, half way up the upper tier. Good view, but then again most places do in Croker

When's the flight to OZ?  Permanent or just for the year?  Have been out there 3 or 4 times myself, hell of a trek but well worth it, great country, great lifestyle

If your flying to Sydney then no shortage of places to watch it, Perth though will be a lot quieter

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #2167 on: August 31, 2010, 04:59:13 pm »
Got them from a cork club (friend's missus dad) - the very last seats in the cusack stand at the hill end, half way up the upper tier. Good view, but then again most places do in Croker

When's the flight to OZ?  Permanent or just for the year?  Have been out there 3 or 4 times myself, hell of a trek but well worth it, great country, great lifestyle

If your flying to Sydney then no shortage of places to watch it, Perth though will be a lot quieter

Flight goes from Cork at 4 Friday and I land in Perth Saturday at 12, Iv family over there so they'll have sorted a pub for me.

At the moment its a year working visa, but I could defiantly see me hanging on for an other year. 

Looking forward to it now, cant wait to get this traveling over with and start settling in.

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2168 on: August 31, 2010, 05:09:59 pm »
Flight goes from Cork at 4 Friday and I land in Perth Saturday at 12, Iv family over there so they'll have sorted a pub for me.

At the moment its a year working visa, but I could defiantly see me hanging on for an other year. 

Looking forward to it now, cant wait to get this traveling over with and start settling in.

What we're you working at here mate?
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #2169 on: August 31, 2010, 06:54:10 pm »
What we're you working at here mate?

Sound Engineer, Musician, painter, bar man, Chef, laborer, shop assistant, strawberry salesman you name it buddy.

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2170 on: August 31, 2010, 11:16:14 pm »
Sound Engineer, Musician, painter, bar man, Chef, laborer, shop assistant, strawberry salesman you name it buddy.

Long list there, unemployed carperter meself. waiting to finish college before i can go.
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2171 on: August 31, 2010, 11:38:39 pm »
What's people's opinions on the fence now that it's in place?

A lot of supporters said you couldn't see a thing on the pitch cos of the reflection in the fence.

Oh and has a player ever refused to accept the MOTM award from RTE or was that a first on Sunday?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:47:14 pm by jeffiner1892 »

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2172 on: September 1, 2010, 05:06:20 pm »

A lot of supporters said you couldn't see a thing on the pitch cos of the reflection in the fence.

Only gobshites go on the Hill, I don't think the rest are bothered to be honest

Oh and has a player ever refused to accept the MOTM award from RTE or was that a first on Sunday?

First I heard of that. What was that all about?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2173 on: September 1, 2010, 09:25:26 pm »
First I heard of that. What was that all about?

I only heard about it yesterday cos RTE didn't show it but apparently Marty Clarke sent a messenger to RTE to say he wasn't MOTM and as a result he wouldn't be accepting the award. I think he was disappointed with his performance.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #2174 on: September 2, 2010, 12:13:01 am »

I have to say I'm on the fence with this issue

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2175 on: September 2, 2010, 12:29:41 am »
I have to say I'm on the fence with this issue

You're a pillar of information

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #2176 on: September 2, 2010, 12:36:10 am »
You're a pillar of information

A piller of pun

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2177 on: September 2, 2010, 01:02:08 am »

A piller of pun

I'd respond to that, but I'm a bit wired at the moment

Offline storey1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2178 on: September 2, 2010, 01:36:47 am »
anyone think tipp can take kk on sunday, can't help feel that in another time tipp would be going for back to back all irelands if it didn't coincide with the greatest gaa team of all time. lower davin tickets, clubs stuck in the corners while the freebies sit on the half way line!!
Slowly but surely the cogs of the red machine are beginning to turn again.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #2179 on: September 2, 2010, 01:43:02 am »
lower davin tickets, clubs stuck in the corners while the freebies sit on the half way line!!

Drives me fuckin mental! I had a season ticket with Kerry for 5 years and some shit seats I ended up in were an embarrassment.

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2180 on: September 2, 2010, 03:44:49 am »
Drives me fuckin mental! I had a season ticket with Kerry for 5 years and some shit seats I ended up in were an embarrassment.

Good luck on your travels KK, unfortunately budgetary constraints mean I now won't be in WA so we'll have to postpone that pint we had scheduled. No doubt I'll see you on here soon ar aon nos.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2181 on: September 2, 2010, 11:39:58 am »
anyone think tipp can take kk on sunday

Yes, I do

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2182 on: September 2, 2010, 11:58:19 am »
Anyone notice Joannes sexy new haircut last Sunday  :lickin

She is a fox. In French she would be called Le renarde, and she would be hunted with only her cunning to protect her. In Latin she would be called Babia Majora

Joanne is my moon godess

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2183 on: September 2, 2010, 12:31:37 pm »
Joanne is a minger Billy ffs. Whereabouts in Cork you from btw? A girl I know introduces herself as being from West Cork.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2184 on: September 2, 2010, 12:45:06 pm »
Joanne is a minger Billy ffs.

Don't be jelous just because she's mine and you can't have her

Whereabouts in Cork you from btw? A girl I know introduces herself as being from West Cork.

I'm from Cork City, Fairfield Avenue to be exact

Offline Mackeroo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2185 on: September 2, 2010, 12:52:44 pm »
You're welcome to her!

Cool, was just wondering why she says West Cork? What's so special about there lik?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2186 on: September 2, 2010, 01:00:42 pm »
You're welcome to her!

Cool, was just wondering why she says West Cork? What's so special about there lik?

I think its because people from West Cork are known to be quiet friendly folk. They don't like being associated with us bag snatchers from the city. Would I be correct in saying this lady friend of yours tends to be a teeny bit stuck up at times? :P

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #2187 on: September 2, 2010, 01:04:07 pm »
I'm from Cork City, Fairfield Avenue to be exact

Here's up 'em all....

Offline Mackeroo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2188 on: September 2, 2010, 01:12:44 pm »
I think its because people from West Cork are known to be quiet friendly folk. They don't like being associated with us bag snatchers from the city. Would I be correct in saying this lady friend of yours tends to be a teeny bit stuck up at times? :P

Stuck up? No not at all. Hot as fuck? "Mos def" as they'd say in The Wire. Actually, I'd like to be stuck up her come to think of it!

Offline PanchDeBurca

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: September 2, 2010, 01:31:10 pm »
Stuck up? No not at all. Hot as fuck? "Mos def" as they'd say in The Wire. Actually, I'd like to be stuck up her come to think of it!

Is she single?  I wouldn't mind a bit of west cork lass

Offline PanchDeBurca

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2190 on: September 2, 2010, 01:36:52 pm »
anyone think tipp can take kk on sunday, can't help feel that in another time tipp would be going for back to back all irelands if it didn't coincide with the greatest gaa team of all time. lower davin tickets, clubs stuck in the corners while the freebies sit on the half way line!!

Too right we can take the bastards, sunday is going to be an epic battle and an all weekend sesh,  wedding friday, pre-match build up sesh saturday, locked on Sunday in celebration.  Can't fucking wait. 

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2191 on: September 2, 2010, 02:47:54 pm »
Too right we can take the bastards, sunday is going to be an epic battle and an all weekend sesh,  wedding friday, pre-match build up sesh saturday, locked on Sunday in celebration.  Can't fucking wait. 

The first 15 minutes is going to be key for Tipp. Kilkenny will fly out of the blocks, they always do. If Tipp don't go toe to toe with them early on then they could find themselves 5 or 6 points down inside the first quarter of an hour. And if that happens then you wont reel them back in. If I was Sheedy I'd be happy to make it to half time being within a couple of points of Kilkenny. As long as Tipp stay within touching distance they have a shot at this. If Kilkenny get their noses in front by more than 5 points then they'll go on and kill the game. If its anything like last years final then we're in for a cracker. I hope Tipp do it. They deserve it after being robbed last year

Offline PanchDeBurca

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2192 on: September 2, 2010, 03:34:31 pm »
The first 15 minutes is going to be key for Tipp. Kilkenny will fly out of the blocks, they always do. If Tipp don't go toe to toe with them early on then they could find themselves 5 or 6 points down inside the first quarter of an hour. And if that happens then you wont reel them back in. If I was Sheedy I'd be happy to make it to half time being within a couple of points of Kilkenny. As long as Tipp stay within touching distance they have a shot at this. If Kilkenny get their noses in front by more than 5 points then they'll go on and kill the game. If its anything like last years final then we're in for a cracker. I hope Tipp do it. They deserve it after being robbed last year

Absolutely, we need to stand toe to toe with them and match them score for score in the first half, if we don't we'll be well beaten.  but I'm confident that we can. last year showed that we could, and if we can just take a couple of goal scoring chances when they come around then we're in with a great shout i believe.  Tipp 9/4 at Paddy Power compared to KK at 2/5 on so Paddy doesn't share my confidence though!!

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2193 on: September 2, 2010, 06:22:03 pm »
Hope Tipp can do it on Sunday.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2194 on: September 2, 2010, 07:06:51 pm »
Don't we all, despite having a bit of cash on Kilkenny i would still love to see them lose. Up the rebels!!!

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2195 on: September 2, 2010, 07:17:51 pm »
Don't we all, despite having a bit of cash on Kilkenny i would still love to see them lose. Up the rebels!!!

What price did you back them at? 4/7 back in May?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2196 on: September 2, 2010, 07:28:09 pm »
What price did you back them at? 4/7 back in May?

Nah, got them shorter than that, think 1/3 . I have them in an accumalator with Barca for the CL and Inter and Bayern to win their respective leagues. Have a 100 euro on @ 22/1.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2197 on: September 2, 2010, 07:57:17 pm »
Steady Eddie Brennan at 7/1 to be first goalscorer looks temting

I can see at least 3 or 4 goals being scored in this. Eoin Kelly is only 5/4 to be the 1st goal scorer :(

Minge bags

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2198 on: September 2, 2010, 08:07:52 pm »

What about the one who put cash on them to do 5 in a row back in 2006?

I've not exactly made the best planning for the football one, my leaving do is the nite before.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2199 on: September 2, 2010, 09:03:55 pm »
Tipp team unchanged for the final, i.e. Noel McGrath corner forward, whether he'll start there is another thing.

Kilkenny team named tomorrow night.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75