Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 609027 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #3040 on: February 15, 2019, 10:37:08 am »
When I first applied for my new apartment and moved in, I was told its energy class rating was D, although it "might do a bit better" than that.

From Day One I thought that assessment was way off.  This place is a brand new build and it's been far warmer than my old place.  I barely needed the heating on during the cold snap with ice and snow a few weeks ago; in the old place I'd have needed five layers, including my thick housecoat and a hot water bottle.

Now I've had a chance to sit down and read the blurb that came with the new property I realise I've been right all along.  The property is actually rated as class B.  It's insanely efficient compared to my old flat.

And to think British Gas wanted me to pay them £75 a month for my energy.  I wasn't paying that much in my old place, and that was all electric with a key meter!  As things stand I'll be unlucky to pay £75 every TWO months!  Good times!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3041 on: February 15, 2019, 10:41:57 am »
Utility companies always try it on.

United Utilities tried to make me give them around £90 a month for water, even though we had actual meter readings (when the account was in the Landlord's name) which showed we used about £35-40 a month.

Took speaking to about 5 people there before they gave in and used the lower figures.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3042 on: February 15, 2019, 10:42:23 am »
is it weird i sometimes enjoy feeling sore after the gym?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3043 on: February 15, 2019, 01:11:01 pm »
is it weird i sometimes enjoy feeling sore after the gym?

Yes you fucking weirdo  ;)

Nah, means you know you've worked hard
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3044 on: February 15, 2019, 01:43:52 pm »
Yes you fucking weirdo  ;)

Nah, means you know you've worked hard
haha

headache kicking in so not so enjoyable now

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #3045 on: February 18, 2019, 12:52:43 am »
Young Scouse Lads Bouncing at the match .

Booouuuunnccceee !!

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3046 on: February 18, 2019, 08:02:59 am »
School Holidays, it's so much nicer in the mornings with traffic being lighter than normal.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3047 on: February 18, 2019, 11:14:27 am »
School Holidays, it's so much nicer in the mornings with traffic being lighter than normal.

For some mad reason our were off last week, so we get two weeks of quieter roads  - going to be a bonus next Feb too when we don't get stiffed with the school holidays tax when we go to Tenerife.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3048 on: February 18, 2019, 01:36:12 pm »
For some mad reason our were off last week, so we get two weeks of quieter roads  - going to be a bonus next Feb too when we don't get stiffed with the school holidays tax when we go to Tenerife.

Some schools close for 1 week, rather than 2 weeks off at easter don't they, main reason why some have 2 weeks off now to make up for the week at easter.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3049 on: February 18, 2019, 02:45:57 pm »
Some schools close for 1 week, rather than 2 weeks off at easter don't they, main reason why some have 2 weeks off now to make up for the week at easter.

Our kids school breaks up 5th has got two weeks off, back in on the 15th and then are off Good Friday and Easter Monday too. They've also got two weeks off at Whit - nightmare for those parents who work (ie most of us)

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3050 on: February 18, 2019, 03:31:30 pm »
Our kids school breaks up 5th has got two weeks off, back in on the 15th and then are off Good Friday and Easter Monday too. They've also got two weeks off at Whit - nightmare for those parents who work (ie most of us)

2 weeks at whit bloomin heck i'd have loved 2 weeks off when i was at school, i remember when the summer holidays were 7 weeks, but the primary school i went to only had the usual 6 weeks break, however we had an extra week off at Christmas to compensate, by the time i went to secondary school, summer holidays were cut to the now standard 6 weeks.
#Sausages

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3051 on: February 18, 2019, 04:21:00 pm »
6 weeks off for summer is shit. We got about 9. All of July and August, and towards the end of June too.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3052 on: February 18, 2019, 04:25:21 pm »
6 weeks off for summer is shit. We got about 9. All of July and August, and towards the end of June too.

Is that in US?

US have 9 to 10 weeks summer holidays, but they have summer camps that cover half of the holiday period.
#Sausages

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3053 on: February 18, 2019, 04:34:17 pm »
Is that in US?

US have 9 to 10 weeks summer holidays, but they have summer camps that cover half of the holiday period.

No mate, sunny Belfast.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3054 on: February 18, 2019, 05:07:21 pm »
2 weeks at whit bloomin heck i'd have loved 2 weeks off when i was at school, i remember when the summer holidays were 7 weeks, but the primary school i went to only had the usual 6 weeks break, however we had an extra week off at Christmas to compensate, by the time i went to secondary school, summer holidays were cut to the now standard 6 weeks.

It's been great for us, we've gone to Zante 3 times and Menorca twice in the second week of the holidays and it has been so much cheaper due to the rest of the UK being back in school. They get 6 and a half weeks off in summer.

It is that long since I was at school I can't even remember how long we were off for

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3055 on: February 18, 2019, 05:44:05 pm »
No mate, sunny Belfast.

Is that because of the 12th July stuff over there?
#Sausages

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3056 on: February 18, 2019, 06:37:51 pm »
Is that because of the 12th July stuff over there?

Not really sure to be honest. Was always like that even when I was in school. Although I don't know what mid term holidays we get here in comparison to the rest of the UK. There's a week or so in October, 2 weeks at Christmas, a week this week, 1 or 2 weeks over Easter.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3057 on: February 18, 2019, 07:15:38 pm »
Not really sure to be honest. Was always like that even when I was in school. Although I don't know what mid term holidays we get here in comparison to the rest of the UK. There's a week or so in October, 2 weeks at Christmas, a week this week, 1 or 2 weeks over Easter.

We get similar mainland UK but with 6 weeks at summer, then 1 week October, normally around the week the clocks go back, 2 weeks at Christmas, 1 week in February depending when easter falls, the earlier easter falls, the earlier the February holiday, 1 or 2 weeks at easter, 1 week whit

9 weeks seems excessive, i think a lot of kids start moaning being bored after 3 weeks off with the 6 week summer break never mind 9 weeks, if they're not of on family holidays.

The 6 weeks normally starts around when The Open Golf is on
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 07:18:33 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3058 on: February 18, 2019, 07:30:18 pm »
^

Ours get 14 weeks holiday, cost us a fortune in childcare over the years.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3059 on: February 18, 2019, 07:44:34 pm »
What is whit?

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3061 on: February 18, 2019, 08:50:50 pm »
Going the Asda when the Mancs are on the telly, roads are dead and the shop was too  8)

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #3062 on: February 18, 2019, 08:54:22 pm »
[emoji16]
Going the Asda when the Mancs are on the telly, roads are dead and the shop was too  8)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3063 on: February 18, 2019, 10:13:09 pm »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3064 on: March 1, 2019, 10:28:26 am »
My eldest got offered a place at the local Grammar School. Best school in our area and walkable distance from our house. So proud of him.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3065 on: March 1, 2019, 11:44:50 am »
My eldest got offered a place at the local Grammar School. Best school in our area and walkable distance from our house. So proud of him.
Gets his brains from his Mother I take it?  :P  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3066 on: March 1, 2019, 12:27:29 pm »
Gets his brains from his Mother I take it?  :P  ;D

Yup ;D

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3067 on: March 1, 2019, 12:37:25 pm »
I don't usually post in the non football areas, but the funniest thing happened that made (as the thread titie suggests happy)

A funny video emerged on Twitter of a man singing old (2000s) songs.

He sang the song which I now know as "Rock DJ" by Robbie Williams. I remember this song particularly around the treble season.

Anyway, all these years I thought it was "I am not a frooooog, deeeejaaay" instead of rock. (Thinking frog was slang for something). :D

My friend explained the lyrics to me, and we have been laughing ever since.

Maddest thing ever. Best thing is, it sounds better as frog. :D
« Last Edit: March 1, 2019, 12:39:20 pm by Lynx the saucy mynx »

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #3068 on: March 1, 2019, 12:40:29 pm »
Dandelions.....

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3069 on: March 1, 2019, 02:56:18 pm »
Beans on toast done on the hob with thick sliced white bread toast with butter

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3070 on: March 1, 2019, 03:34:42 pm »

Nice one mate. You should let him watch a bit of TV later as a treat.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3071 on: March 1, 2019, 05:20:14 pm »
Nice one mate. You should let him watch a bit of TV later as a treat.

;D ;D ;D

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3072 on: March 1, 2019, 09:31:17 pm »
sweet

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3073 on: March 1, 2019, 10:24:03 pm »
Beans on toast done on the hob with thick sliced white bread toast with butter

Must have brown sauce.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3074 on: March 1, 2019, 11:19:51 pm »
Must have brown sauce.

If you eat too much of them, probably.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3075 on: March 1, 2019, 11:46:56 pm »
Must have brown sauce.

Tobasco for me and a generous about of cracked pepper and proper salt.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3076 on: March 4, 2019, 03:08:31 pm »
No longer being an emoji

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #3077 on: March 4, 2019, 06:08:46 pm »
My 2 year old niece, got chicken pox at the moment and still tearing around like a lunatic.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #3078 on: March 4, 2019, 09:43:35 pm »
My daughter got her first job today selling ice cream, candy floss etc in the world's oldest amusement park. Proud daddy here... :)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3079 on: March 5, 2019, 08:21:32 am »
Being outraged that heavy plant has been wreaking havoc in one of the fields where I walk my dogs only to find out it's The Garganay Trust and the RSPB working together to create another huge wet grassland and flood plain for wildlife.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk