539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1449792 times)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: Brexit - Operation YellowHammer - Item 15. Things that make you go uhmmm
« Reply #28360 on: September 12, 2019, 03:51:18 pm »
Why wouldn't they? British elite run in the same circles, and control all the pillars of Britain, including the media.
Where did Boris take in 250k a year from?

Boris is one of their own, all disagreements are of a polite variety

I despair at posts like this. It shows a level of political sophistication that must, given the popular support for No Deal, be really quite widespread in Britain today.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #28361 on: September 12, 2019, 04:11:08 pm »
Lorna Gordon
@bbclornag
#
The Court of Session in Edinburgh is being asked to compel the Prime Minister to request an extension to Article 50 if no deal is in place for leaving the EU.

The case is being brought by the businessman Dale Vince, Jo Maugham QC and the MP Joanna Cherry QC who say they want to force Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson to comply with legislation (Benn bill ) passed at Westminster.

The litigants say the proceedings are in Scotland because Inner House Court of Session has a power not available to English Courts (nobile officium) which they say would allow the court, if it found in their favour, to sign letter mandated by the Benn Act if PM refuses to do so.

So those bringing the case are going to ask the court to sign the letter to EU requesting an extension if the PM doesn’t get a deal and refuses to sign the letter mandated by the Benn Bill.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 04:13:19 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #28362 on: September 12, 2019, 04:18:34 pm »
To bring smile to the current gloom  http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/08/07/live/

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28363 on: September 12, 2019, 04:29:47 pm »
Brexit: Vets concerned over animal medicines in no-deal

Vets say they are worried about potential problems in the availability of some animal medicines in the case of a no-deal Brexit.

The British Veterinary Association said it had concerns over short-shelf life products, such as vaccines.

And it urged any pet owners who are worried to speak to their vet.

It comes after the government published a no-deal Brexit assessment, which included warning of possible disruption to medicines for veterinary use.

Such disruption would have "potential detrimental impacts" for animal welfare, as well as for diseases which are spread between animals and humans, the document said.

Most of the veterinary medicines used in the UK are either produced in or enter via the EU, according to industry body the National Office of Animal Health.

The government has confirmed that animal medicines are classed as "category 1" goods, which would be prioritised if there was disruption at the border after a no-deal Brexit.

Simon Doherty, the president of the BVA said there were concerns over how lorry delays at ferry ports could affect short-shelf life medicines.

"Where we have products which are short shelf life products, you need the supply chain to be maintained on a pretty constant basis," he told the BBC. "Most vaccines have to be kept in a refrigerator.

"If we run into a situation where there was a sustained part of time where a lot of animals weren't vaccinated we could have more substantial problems and losses in the industry.

"Where there is specific issues is around use of a lot of product at a specific time. We use a lot of anaesthetic in the springtime, we would be lambing, calving, dehorning calves.

If there was a problem with the supply chain for local anaesthetic in the springtime you could run into a significant problem in animal welfare."

Mr Doherty said it could affect animals "across the board" - including livestock, zoo animals and pets.

"It's not as if there will be sudden parvovirus outbreaks in dogs. But where there could be potential problems, is if there isn't a supply of vaccines for an animal to get its booster at a particular time."

He does not anticipate there will be a shortage of cat and dog medicines, but the advice to pet owners would be to speak to their vet if they are concerned.

Meanwhile, for pets undergoing longer-term treatment, he added: "There's no panic, but next time they're in, have that conversation with the vet.

"Don't leave the next prescription until you have got one tablet left."

NOAH said its industry has been working on detailed planning for all Brexit scenarios.

But if there was a no-deal Brexit, there are broader issues which could affect the availability of vet medicines, it said. It also raised concerns about vaccines.

"This disruption does represent a potential risk to controlling disease and an animal welfare issue.

"If preventative medicines such as vaccines are not available, there is a greater risk of disease in the population. This could increase the risk of its spread, including the spread of zoonotic infections."

Dr Sophie Aylett, who owns an independent farm animal vet practice in the Midlands with her husband, is also concerned about the supply of medicines if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.

"We are approaching autumn and vaccine booster times," she said. "In late autumn, farms start to bring cattle into sheds to avoid the worst of the winter weather.

"By necessity this increases stocking density and cow to cow contact, therefore creating a higher risk of infectious disease transmission such as pneumonia. Normally farmers can vaccinate at-risk animals in advance but if there is a delay, it could affect their ability to do so, and consequently adversely affect animal welfare."

As well as vaccines, she thinks "basically everything" will be affected.

"Although you can plan to do a little bit of stockpiling, it will be difficult to stockpile if the product has a short shelf life. That's our biggest problem.

"We don't know how much to stockpile. We can keep products in storage but we don't know if we will use all of them before their best before dates.

"It comes down to space, time and insurance. If I fill my fridge with £20,000 of vaccines, its literally putting all my eggs in one basket or fridge."

The president of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, Dr Niall Connell, said: "As the released Operation Yellowhammer documents demonstrate, any interruption in the supply of veterinary medicines would be a threat to animal health and welfare and public health."

The RCVS also said it was concerned that a no-deal could be a risk to the veterinary workforce, with half of new vets recruited from elsewhere in the EU each year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49674915

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28364 on: September 12, 2019, 04:35:58 pm »
Spot the difference: Scottish Govt's copy of Yellowhammer says it's a 'base scenario', while UK Govt's says it's a 'reasonable worst case'.
Scottish Govt says it's 'puzzling' and 'curious'

https://twitter.com/HTScotPol/status/1172149511998922753

This is the Yellowhammer document received by the Scottish Government. No sign of the worst case scenario claimed by the UK government.

https://twitter.com/bbckirstenc/status/1172146232631996416
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 04:37:44 pm by ShakaHislop »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28365 on: September 12, 2019, 04:48:11 pm »

Do you think the average Leave voter has a clue of (i) what Operation Yellowhammer is or (ii) they actually care??

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28366 on: September 12, 2019, 05:01:13 pm »
About the freight thing.

There’s only about 1000 wide body freighters in the world.

But more importantly

The bottleneck is customs right? it’s at least the same work to check an airfreight vs a truckload or a sea container. 

The cross channel ships take about 350 - 400 containers, the Seatruck ones take about 30 or so trailers from Liverpool to Dublin 4 times a day and P&O something similar.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28367 on: September 12, 2019, 05:03:47 pm »
Do you think the average Leave voter has a clue of (i) what Operation Yellowhammer is or (ii) they actually care??

Arguing with my cousin today, he is excusing it as worse case scenario. I said to him, we remain and the worst that happens is Frottage Fat c*nt and his scumbag mates lose hundreds of millions when the pound doesn't crash, no food shortages, no medicine shortages, no riots, no job losses, no economic downturn. It is like talking to the fucking wall with these idiots
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #28368 on: September 12, 2019, 05:24:50 pm »
Arguing with my cousin today, he is excusing it as worse case scenario. I said to him, we remain and the worst that happens is Frottage Fat c*nt and his scumbag mates lose hundreds of millions when the pound doesn't crash, no food shortages, no medicine shortages, no riots, no job losses, no economic downturn. It is like talking to the fucking wall with these idiots

It really is, I genuinely tried in the run-up to the first referendum, and in the aftermath of it, given up now it requires levels of patience that I simply do not possess

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #28369 on: September 12, 2019, 05:30:55 pm »
Jennifer Rankin
@JenniferMerode
7 hours ago, 6 tweets, 1 min read  Read on Twitter

1. EU27 diplomats were briefed on Brexit talks this morning and were told the British had presented no proper, written proposals, on replacing the Irish backstop.

In Wed’s meeting David Frost and team outlined ideas on customs and manufactured goods in the context of alternative arrangements to backstop.
But the EU side do not think the ideas are adequate and continue to press for details.

2.UK also asked for changes to the political declaration - a reference to a “best-in class” free trade agreement as goal.

EU side repeat any trade deal must ensure a level playing field to avoid “Singapore-on-Thames” race to the bottom.
Refer to March 2018 guidelines.

3.Officials in Brussels don’t think a breakthrough is imminent. A return to the NI-only backstop is seen by some as the only landing zone, but UK continues to say no backstop.

4.I asked one politician closely following Brexit if they were optimistic about a deal by 31 Oct.

“No. I just don’t see the political majority, the political will, the leadership. The Labour leadership is extremely weak. They have got no clue what they want.”

5. EU diplomat on latest Brexit talks: "another longish meeting on Wednesday without tangible progress" although UK gov "seems to better recognise the unique situation" on Ireland.

"Number 10 needs to understand that the time for wish-wash is over if it wants to find a solution."

Doesn'y exactly sound like progress is being made, which I suppose should surprise nobody

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #28370 on: September 12, 2019, 05:35:50 pm »
The Nobile Officium route is one I wondered whether we might go down. It's a good idea in theory but I'm not sure if even the Inner House would be willing to countenance it, and the furore it would cause
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28371 on: September 12, 2019, 05:47:20 pm »
4.I asked one politician closely following Brexit if they were optimistic about a deal by 31 Oct.

“No. I just don’t see the political majority, the political will, the leadership. The Labour leadership is extremely weak. They have got no clue what they want.”

How can a vote of no confidence in Corbyn ever going to come to fruition? He has killed the party for crying out loud! :no
SoS Membership Number: 387

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #28372 on: September 12, 2019, 05:49:08 pm »
That's an interesting way to for "The Hootsmon" which is very much a middle class, middle of the road (at best), certainly unionist publication, to go.

Perhaps they were just upset about any possible criticism of "our" legal system?
It was clearly a response to, and a parody of, the Daily Mail 'Enemies of the People' front page after the first Gina Miller case. In this instance I have no problem with it because the purpose of this front page was not to trivialise court proceedings or to present a triumphalist reporting of a case that has gone in ones favour, but rather the purpose was just to aim a big 'fuck you' to The Daily Mail.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #28373 on: September 12, 2019, 06:02:27 pm »
It really is, I genuinely tried in the run-up to the first referendum, and in the aftermath of it, given up now it requires levels of patience that I simply do not possess
For me, the most depressing part is that the people I've encountered who are most entrenched in their opposition to the EU are the people who are least fucking affected by it.........who then appear not to give a monkey's chuff about the lives of the people who are MOST affected by the situation as they've helped create through their Leave mentality.......

Worst of all, when it's family - who can't understand why I won't go back to the UK - it's partially because I can't fucking afford to - and 25% of my savings were wiped out overnight when the exchange rate was fucked.

But it's mainly because I'm exhausted with hearing the same tired rhetoric and clichés lifted straight from vox pops or tabloid/fascist rags.

Too many people have just rolled over and not taken the time to think for themselves and work out that they were lied to - and I finally get why - because they genuinely believe it doesn't affect them.

Well, beforehand it didn't. They should read Yellowhammer - because now it fucking well does affect them. And they've only got themselves to blame - but they'll even shift that blame of course.

So depressing.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #28374 on: September 12, 2019, 06:57:57 pm »

I found this interesting, because I’d never thought about it in these terms before.  If anything I’d say my journey since the referendum has been the opposite - I’m now entirely accustomed to thinking about EU membership as a great deal, in fact the best possible deal, for Britain.

At the same time I also passionately want integration, for the obvious reason that brexit has shown we need to be locked into it lest anyone try to ask the question again.

Do I identify as a member of a pan-European body politic though?  I’d have to say no, basically because I don’t really consider such a thing to exist - and yet, I do to the extent that Europe is a single entity contra external, global threats/opportunities.  In that context the UK being better off alone is madness.  Do I feel Europe has the potential to be such a threat to the UK?  Well I honestly couldn’t say ‘no’, given history, but it’s as far as could possibly be and the way to address the possibility is constant dialogue i.e. being in the EU.  But I couldn’t say we shouldn’t have an escape route in extremis.

So I do see, not an inconsistency, but the lack of an overlap, between the way he puts it there and the position that I’d personally feel.  And yet the EU is the only game in town and further integration is still necessary.  The questions ‘how much?’ and ‘how fast?’ are legitimate, but they’re ones to be addressed from the inside, and certainly not through what the UK is doing now.

Definitely agree on it being a perspective where you can poke a fair few holes. One of the more interesting, to me, threads to this is how 'Brexit' seems to fit into longer term patterns in British society which are shaped as much by a sense of identity around cultural/social issues, well beyond issues raised by membership of the EU - role of views on immigration on all of this was particularly telling, while party partisanship weakens. There's a very Tory view of the EU going on with the idea that people shift as it benefits them personally or not. If we were to contrast with what Labour tells itself then I suppose we head into 'austerity happened and then everyone voted to leave the EU' which is also a view in which it's worth poking a few holes.

Trying to remember who was saying it (possibly Ivan Rogers) but I remember listening to someone discuss how the drive towards the EU could well have been a result of the British state realising it no longer had the capacity to deal on the same level on the world stage, post-Suez thing at heart, and so punting parts of policy into a collective venture made a lot of sense to allow the state to re-focus. Obviously reversing that then leads to the need to deal with those issues on our own, with all the costs which come with that. Seemed to ring true at least for aspects of what is driving the current 'movement'. It's a different set of values and priorities, Trump supporting farmers voting to make themselves go bankrupt and all that, which makes the compromise Walshe recommends seem unlikely with those he's trying to persuade unless there's a way to start discussing realistic trade-offs going on.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #28375 on: September 12, 2019, 07:34:14 pm »
Sky are reporting that Johnson wants data collected on people visiting the governments Brexit website. This is all starting to get very sinister.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #28376 on: September 12, 2019, 07:36:35 pm »
Sky are reporting that Johnson wants data collected on people visiting the governments Brexit website. This is all starting to get very sinister.
This makes perfect sense.

Government should want this data!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28377 on: September 12, 2019, 07:45:05 pm »
For me, the most depressing part is that the people I've encountered who are most entrenched in their opposition to the EU are the people who are least fucking affected by it.........who then appear not to give a monkey's chuff about the lives of the people who are MOST affected by the situation as they've helped create through their Leave mentality.......

Worst of all, when it's family - who can't understand why I won't go back to the UK - it's partially because I can't fucking afford to - and 25% of my savings were wiped out overnight when the exchange rate was fucked.

But it's mainly because I'm exhausted with hearing the same tired rhetoric and clichés lifted straight from vox pops or tabloid/fascist rags.

Too many people have just rolled over and not taken the time to think for themselves and work out that they were lied to - and I finally get why - because they genuinely believe it doesn't affect them.

Well, beforehand it didn't. They should read Yellowhammer - because now it fucking well does affect them. And they've only got themselves to blame - but they'll even shift that blame of course.

So depressing.

As I said earlier, yellow hammer is just scaremongering to them, it is worst case, it won't really happen - its project fear from civil servants. If it does happen, they will blame the EU for being bastards and that will vindicate their idiotic position.

If I was single and childless, I would have fucked off abroad years ago and wouldn't want to come back to this fucking country.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28378 on: September 12, 2019, 07:53:10 pm »

I wonder what those nice people at Cambridge Analytica are doing these days...
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28379 on: September 12, 2019, 07:59:35 pm »

This is targeted and personalised data we are talking about i.e. using things like cookies to to collect identifiable data much like Facebook do.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28380 on: September 12, 2019, 08:06:24 pm »
This is targeted and personalised data we are talking about i.e. using things like cookies to to collect identifiable data much like Facebook do.

I think you have may have been whooshed!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28381 on: September 12, 2019, 08:12:09 pm »
I think you have may have been whooshed!

Have I? I'm sure Tepid made a similar post the other day that allued to it being OK. I can see why you might think so if you don't realise what kind of data we are talking about here. If you thought this was just anonymous data and you believe in the principle about using data to drive decision making then this would seem a good idea.

Maybe I have misread though!  ;D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #28382 on: September 12, 2019, 08:18:12 pm »
My new passport is not blue!

But it's sadly missing the words EUROPEAN UNION

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28383 on: September 12, 2019, 08:18:18 pm »
I’m not whooshing anyone.

Someone at government should be looking at who is accessing this data.  There needs to be awareness of whether the right people are accessing it.

Now I think it’s fucking ridiculous, but if you work on the assumption we are going to leave with no deal, then it would be genuinely poor not to check this sort of thing.

If assume that it’s standard practice for government websites.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28384 on: September 12, 2019, 08:22:25 pm »
As I said earlier, yellow hammer is just scaremongering to them, it is worst case, it won't really happen - its project fear from civil servants. If it does happen, they will blame the EU for being bastards and that will vindicate their idiotic position.

If I was single and childless, I would have fucked off abroad years ago and wouldn't want to come back to this fucking country.

I am single and childess, but I'm also 46 and on ESA and PIP.  I'd get out of this country in a second if I could but even if I wasn't trapped I doubt I'd be much use anywhere else I went. :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28385 on: September 12, 2019, 08:26:33 pm »
Really missing my daily fix of BBC Parliament.  :-X
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #28386 on: September 12, 2019, 08:29:06 pm »
Apparently Boris is going to build a bridge from Scotland to N. Ireland and that solves everything - especially as he's so good at bridges?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28387 on: September 12, 2019, 08:30:31 pm »
I’m not whooshing anyone.

Someone at government should be looking at who is accessing this data.  There needs to be awareness of whether the right people are accessing it.

Now I think it’s fucking ridiculous, but if you work on the assumption we are going to leave with no deal, then it would be genuinely poor not to check this sort of thing.

If assume that it’s standard practice for government websites.

They'll be targetting those 'return or duty free' ads at all those people who have said they are planning on leaving the UK after Brexit.

That's the sort of thing they will be wanting to use this data for.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 08:32:43 pm by Just Elmo? »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28388 on: September 12, 2019, 08:31:59 pm »
Apparently Boris is going to build a bridge from Scotland to N. Ireland and that solves everything - especially as he's so good at bridges?
Amazingly stupid idea. Who knew he was a fuckwit?  He’s got such a good record on bridges.

It would be 35 miles long and would require 54 towers

Each of these would need to be taller by far than the tallest tower in a bridge anywhere in the world due to the extremely deep water.

Add to this 1.5 million tonnes of unwanted munitions that were dumped in the Irish Sea and no one really knows the whereabouts of and the awful weather that would lead to the bridge being closed for significant periods of the year.

I know..  excuses... just get on and build it.  ;)

W

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #28389 on: September 12, 2019, 08:33:55 pm »
I don't even get it anyway.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28390 on: September 12, 2019, 08:35:17 pm »

And aside from Tepids points above, I'm not sure why the UK would build a bridge between what wouild by then be two foreign countries. :P

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28391 on: September 12, 2019, 08:38:15 pm »
Emma Lewell Buck says she would rather be in coalition with the Brexit Party rather than the Lib Dems.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #28392 on: September 12, 2019, 08:39:30 pm »
It may be a parody of the Mail headline from a couple of years ago, but I do not think it defensible to portray court decisions in this manner. If the publication genuinely feels there is something screw-whiff about a court decision, report the public and expert reaction and why people they think that. Similarly, do not take purely partisan view when the decision goes your way. It is not a footy match.

I looked at it and thought exactly the same they need to be left out of the discussion totally,  that was a decision based on the legality alone, nothing heroic and equally nothing devious, simply a judgement based on the evidence they had at their disposal.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28393 on: September 12, 2019, 08:39:47 pm »
Johnson praising the courts can only mean he's had a tip-off from the Supreme Court that they're going to find in his favour.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #28394 on: September 12, 2019, 08:41:59 pm »

Well you're right given he couldn't organise one to go across the Thames.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28395 on: September 12, 2019, 08:44:23 pm »
I know..  excuses... just get on and build it.  ;)

Build the bridge, build the bridge.  Make Britain Great Again!

Physics is no match for a can-do attitude.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28396 on: September 12, 2019, 08:47:01 pm »
Johnson praising the courts can only mean he's had a tip-off from the Supreme Court that they're going to find in his favour.

Or he knows as little as we do and he's just trying to put a brave face on.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #28397 on: September 12, 2019, 08:48:40 pm »

Or he's been warned that if he keeps on as government's been going then he'll end up with Andrew Bridgen as Lord Chancellor and even further away from a majority.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28398 on: September 12, 2019, 08:49:07 pm »
Have I? I'm sure Tepid made a similar post the other day that allued to it being OK. I can see why you might think so if you don't realise what kind of data we are talking about here. If you thought this was just anonymous data and you believe in the principle about using data to drive decision making then this would seem a good idea.

Maybe I have misread though!  ;D
Identical, I think. I was having a déjà vu moment, and fearing some kind of psychosis. :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 08:58:36 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #28399 on: September 12, 2019, 08:52:40 pm »
Or he, and the rest of the Tories, have been bollocked by the Lord Chancellor for impugning the judiciary