Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - World Champions v Manchester United, Sunday 19 January, 16:30  (Read 55278 times)

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I can`t read this without hearing it in a Terry Thomas voice

:wellin

Richard Briers was his cousin.

Not a lot of people know that!   ;)

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
When's Keita due back?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Feel dirty wanting Chelsea to make top four ahead of this lot, but it will hurt United financially.

Will take any win but hoping for an emphatic Liverpool victory that puts United firmly in their place.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
When's Keita due back?

Klopp hasnt given a time scale

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not likely until after this game - Klopp said we will see after Spurs and United. I think he will be back soon myself.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Both Fabinho and Matip look like they’re back in full training in the photo’s today
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lidmanen

• Main Stander
We just have to win this. Can't be having this, arguably our best ever league season, be sullied by the asterisk that we didn't beat United home or away.

I mean, yes, I suppose we can dry our tears on the ribbons of the Premier League trophy, but still.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
I would give Lallana the nod for this one as he still has that vision to unlock the bus with a deft pass. Ox is an excellent option as well as has a great eye for the spectacular and whoever we go for we should be way too good for this midtable bunch. I feel a lot more comfortable with three points in the bag and a 30 point lead on Utd by mid Jan  :hally
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Both Fabinho and Matip look like they’re back in full training in the photo’s today

Unfortunately can't see Fabinho featuring in the squad if he's only back today. Pretty sure Matip was back last week so wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
My 2nd most hated fixture after united away.

They are a squad of game raisers at the moment. They will probably be up for this so first goal is all important. They are a dangerous counter attacking side when they want to play but could easily see them falling apart if things go our way early on.

Would absolutely love to smash these 5-0.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Unfortunately can't see Fabinho featuring in the squad if he's only back today. Pretty sure Matip was back last week so wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench.
Not sure he needs to come straight back in even if ready, but as you say be brilliant if he or both are back on the bench
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lidmanen

• Main Stander
Dave Maddock has just said "Fabinho, Matip, Shaqiri all completed full session with #LFC in intense training session today, will be available for the weekend. Lovren did a tailored session alone. Milner and Keita due to resume rehab outside later in week and could return to training next week if all well."

We might be back to full strength by the FA Cup game. *touches all the wood*

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
The fact we sent Phillips back meant we are obviously confident that we have other CD options besides Virgil and Joe available immediately.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline mike777

• Anny Roader
My 2nd most hated fixture after united away.

They are a squad of game raisers at the moment. They will probably be up for this so first goal is all important. They are a dangerous counter attacking side when they want to play but could easily see them falling apart if things go our way early on.

Would absolutely love to smash these 5-0.

Yep, they are game raisers against us as much as some of our average sides in the 90's when Danny Murphy used to score regular at OT were against the (spit) great Manc sides.

Our front three and full backs should have too much for them but Liverpool/United and vice versa has never even going back to the 70's/80's been a game that goes with form.

Any win here and I'm ecstatic.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
This season has seen us often assert control in games against mid table sides, go few goals ahead then effectively cruise and conserve energy. This may just be the one where Klopp disregards this approach and go for a statement. Obviously any win is great, but if we’re winning and there is time - it would be nice to make them crumble.

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
Mane and Salah both due a goal or two...the Mancs should be afraid...very afraid.  :scarf :scarf :champ :scarf :scarf

Offline Bostik Triangle

• Has left the building
  • Main Stander
Sign of how far we've come that drawing with United last time out didn't make me anywhere near as angry as dropping points against them when they were better than us. Now it's just a temporary blip that will be rectified by smashing everyone else for the next few months instead.

Don't think it's that United raised their game in recent failures to beat them, it's that we've dropped our levels massively. The failure to beat their 10-man walking wounded last season was the worst I've seen us under JK, he must have been almost cardiac arrest level of angry. It was like we saw all their players falling down injured and we felt sorry for them and tried to nurse them through the rest of the game so they didn't get humiliated. It was pathetic. Possibly the only game ever under JK that I coud describe the players' performance as "unprofessional".

I hope the players have learned their lesson from that game. Nice guys don't win the title. If United are down to 10 in this one, and then another one goes down, send Robbo over to clip him round the head when he's down and then laugh in his face.

I'll take a fluke draw or even a fluke loss on the chin as long as we actually have a bloody go this time, not another fucking 90-minute Florence Nightingale audition...

Is their star player Martin Atkinson expected to start for them this weekend?  :wanker

Offline hwieniawski

• Kopite
As long as we can keep Rashford and Martial quiet and without massive gaps to run in to, we should be fine, assuming that United still manage to raise their game for us. Bloody hate this fixture, would be on cloud nine if we give them a proper thrashing!
juve e liverpool amici per sempre

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
We played poorly against them earlier in the season and we need to put that right on Sunday. We never win when I watch us play from USA or Canada so I’ve banned myself until the season is over.

If we play like we can then it will be a comfortable win for us.
#JFT97

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
Great OP, cheers.

Let's give these a jolly good tonking
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We are far, far better than them so I can definitely see us winning this.

Whether it's a Spurs type of 1-0 win where we were the better side or more of a 3-0 thrashing obviously remains to be seen. They had done a decent job of nullifying our fullbacks last time, which we will hopefully address. Their only threat is the counter and we unfortunately had a little bit of trouble with that in the Spurs game. So we need to stop any of those opportunities.

Address both of those issues and I really think it might be a comfortable 2-0 or 3-0 to us.

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
It’s so rare that this is a one sided game, even when we are lots better than them it just never seems to end up that way, predicting a very tight and scrappy game with only a goal in it.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I want an arse kicking performance.

21 down. 17 to go.

3 points is the only acceptable result.

We owe these fuckers, one, big time.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
These are shit at the minute, feeling for once we can smash these, hopefully they get a good beating tonight too.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
He won't be resting any players against us. He should given the context of their season/fixtures, but he won't.
Yeah, I agree he should but probably won't. Hopefully Wolves take them to extra time tonight to add a few extra minutes to their already tired legs.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
Its the perfect game at the perfect time for us - we've not conceded a goal for 6 games, had a decent rest, key players coming back, and a chance to show that their draw against us in October was a fluke.

On the flipside - they'll probably need to go full strength for their next 3 games - partly due to injuries but also because they'll want to keep their hopes of a trophy alive tonight, they'll want to get a result against us, and then want a result at home to Burnley to maintain the chase for top 4 (especially after we've beaten them...). Three games in a week where they're under pressure to get results for different reasons, which plays into our hands perfectly.

I'm hoping they lose tonight, meaning Ole will be under even more pressure to have a go at us. Then we beat them Sunday, and they win against Burnley - keeping Ole in a job and their top 4 delusions alive for another week...
That sounds like a very acceptable scenario.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Batter then. Utterly destroy them. They are due an utter pasting from us.

I say the same before every game against this lot and one day - hopefully Sunday - it will happen.

Irrational maybe, as all we want is the three points so it does not matter how, but they represent y years of misery for us that such a result and what we doing right now, would go a very long way to erasing.

Come on Redmen - fucking flay them.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
No matter how shit they are atm, you can guarantee that they’ll show up on Sunday to spoil the party.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
No matter how shit they are atm, you can guarantee that they’ll show up on Sunday to spoil the party.
It's criminal really. They used to do it when we were winning multiple trophies. Always upped their game. I'd love a performance and result that shows the massive gulf between us and how miles ahead we are of them but another 1-0 with the same control we showed at spurs but obviously for the full 90 would do me.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline red whine

• goes to my hhead
  • Main Stander
Kept a clean sheet for 8 games if u include flamengo and everton in cup. Rashford just gone off injured.

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
Rashford gone off injured tonight
Justice 97 - YNWA

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
Minor injury. He'll be fit for Sunday

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Rashford gone off injured tonight

Well he went off anyway. Injured ?  Dunno about that. I'm waiting for Oleh to rule him out now or tomorrow, only for him to play.  As if its some brilliant tactic that Klopp will fall for.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Rashford or no Rashford, they will set up the same way.

They'll look to counter and that will be that. They only play that way.

Take our chances, and get in front first.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
I dont give a shit that it’s them Sunday

For years the 3pts have been mostly a sideshow to this game. Bragging rights etc

Nothing is more important than the 3 pts now. Every game is the same now apart from the remaining city game
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Thanks OP. Think we go with the same XI as last week.

Ox will be important as we need someone to drive at them. Hendo will also be big as we have to be solid when they hit us on the counter. Not sure if Rashford will be fit (probably will) but it's really all about us taking our chances.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
Our front 3 have scored or assissted against everyone of our domestic rivals... except Salah vs United. Expecting to see this last box checked off Sunday. Salah is due for a monster game against any team. United are playing painfully average football. It's all their for the taking.   
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Online G Richards

• Legacy Fan
They will play on the counter, as modest teams tend to do! Arguably they could stifle us out wide, or at least try to, and hit it over the top for Rashford, James, Martial to get something from. That's their best bet.

If we do what we should do, we should be winning this comfortably. Ideally an early goal, settle the nerves, play good football, probing and chipping away, adding more goals as the game wears on and they have to come looking for it.

3-0 to the mighty reds.

Trent free kick.
Mane.
Mo.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Well he went off anyway. Injured ?  Dunno about that. I'm waiting for Oleh to rule him out now or tomorrow, only for him to play.  As if its some brilliant tactic that Klopp will fall for.

He came on as a sub, and lasted 15 minutes before picking up an injury and having to go off.

Will probably be fine for Sunday, but it's not a tactic or red herring. Maybe you're overthinking it?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Didn’t realise they were playing tonight ... they’ve played an insane amount of football recently ... last 20 in this will be horrible for them