Author Topic: Lawless Liverpool?  (Read 184236 times)

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Lawless Liverpool?
« Reply #520 on: October 1, 2021, 04:24:45 pm »
Oh, and Stoke is the worst for 'small town dickheadery'

Reckon it's as close to being murdered as I've ever been. And I was tripping my tits off.
Unfortunately had a few nights out in Stoke when I was younger as my cousins are from the nearby bumpkin town of Leek by the Peak Districts. There's a decent indie club in Hanley, Stoke, that's always felt safe, but I walked into a club there once, a bloke was eyeing me up and down as I was ordering a drink, and whether it was the accent or what, he decided to flash a long blade, what looked like a sharp kitchen knife at me, from the inside of his jacket. Didn't wait around for my drink to come.

The worst I've seen though for similar small town mindset has been in the new town in Runcorn or in a small town in Shropshire called Market Drayton. I've been attacked in both whilst minding my own business. I've obviously seen some trouble but never been directly accosted in Liverpool, Leeds or Manchester, or London for that matter.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: October 1, 2021, 07:05:32 pm »
bumpkin town of Leek

Cannot think of Leek without hearing this song: https://youtu.be/fvn4CeaJp_s

"Well the beak in Leek is weak/And she's moved in so to speak/With featureless TV producer Steve..."
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: October 2, 2021, 11:50:38 am »
Cannot think of Leek without hearing this song: https://youtu.be/fvn4CeaJp_s

"Well the beak in Leek is weak/And she's moved in so to speak/With featureless TV producer Steve..."
I knew before I clicked on that link it was going to be Half-Man Half-Biscuit and I didn't even recognise the lyrics  ;D

Leek is one of those bizarre towns stuck in the 70s and at least 20 miles in each direction from anywhere you've heard of. It's literally like that scene in American Werewolf in London, in any pub you walk into. Cheadle down the road is even more bizarre, got a real 'The Shadow over Innsmouth' vibe to that place.

My family have moved a bit further out towards the peaks now so it's years since I've been there. Always the bubbling undertone of violence in some of those towns though.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #523 on: October 2, 2021, 12:19:09 pm »
I knew before I clicked on that link it was going to be Half-Man Half-Biscuit and I didn't even recognise the lyrics  ;D

Leek is one of those bizarre towns stuck in the 70s and at least 20 miles in each direction from anywhere you've heard of. It's literally like that scene in American Werewolf in London, in any pub you walk into. Cheadle down the road is even more bizarre, got a real 'The Shadow over Innsmouth' vibe to that place.

My family have moved a bit further out towards the peaks now so it's years since I've been there. Always the bubbling undertone of violence in some of those towns though.

Does that mean they have the Innsmouth Look and a yearning to swim out to Devil's Reef?

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: October 2, 2021, 12:24:08 pm »
Does that mean they have the Innsmouth Look and a yearning to swim out to Devil's Reef?
They definitely have a weird, idiosyncratic look to the lot of them (odd hyper-localised dialect too) and a yearning not to leave the confines of 'The Town' as they call it. I wouldn't put it past them all being in some Cult for the glorious benefit of Cthulhu  ;D

Honestly it's worth a visit for anthropological purposes.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #525 on: October 2, 2021, 12:26:30 pm »
Wigan and Chorley can be pretty hairy / weird nights out.

By far the worst places are the smaller places, you're big village / small town type places. The sort of place where locals rarely leave.

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #526 on: October 2, 2021, 01:33:19 pm »

I grew up in Leek until I was 19, if anyone’s going to call it an incest ridden shithole it’s me.

Friday/Saturday nights around the market place are a sight to behold

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: October 2, 2021, 03:09:41 pm »

By far the worst places are the smaller places, you're big village / small town type places. The sort of place where locals rarely leave.

Had a Saturday night out in Chorley. Once.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #528 on: October 2, 2021, 05:00:26 pm »
Had a Saturday night out in Chorley. Once.

Spent a few hours on a Saturday afternoon there once having some lunch before a walk up Rivington Pike, seemed quite nice.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: October 2, 2021, 05:03:55 pm »
Spent a few hours on a Saturday afternoon there once having some lunch before a walk up Rivington Pike, seemed quite nice.

Difference between night and day. :D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #530 on: October 2, 2021, 05:28:54 pm »

I thought them or The Mac Lads given the geographic proximity!

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #531 on: October 3, 2021, 03:52:00 pm »

Had a very bad time in Warrington a few years back. Bizarre place.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #532 on: October 3, 2021, 04:01:16 pm »
Had a very bad time in Warrington a few years back. Bizarre place.

Proper identity crisis in those halfway towns between Liverpool and Manchester.

Can I add Grantham to the list of shit market towns that have an awful atmosphere. And Bournemouth, weirdly is the only place I’ve been punched on a night out. Didn’t know the pensioners had it in them.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: October 3, 2021, 04:17:19 pm »
Proper identity crisis in those halfway towns between Liverpool and Manchester.

Can I add Grantham to the list of shit market towns that have an awful atmosphere. And Bournemouth, weirdly is the only place I’ve been punched on a night out. Didn’t know the pensioners had it in them.

Some dodgy pensioners about

Jurgen YNWA

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #534 on: October 4, 2021, 08:36:14 am »
Oh, and Stoke is the worst for 'small town dickheadery'

Reckon it's as close to being murdered as I've ever been. And I was tripping my tits off.

What happened in Stoke Nobby? I once stayed in a B&B in Hanley, just as we were pulling into the carpark the undertakers were carrying a body out!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: October 4, 2021, 08:43:25 am »
It was payday on Friday for most of the civil service so everyone was out. A few leaving do's, birthdays, etc, etc, so you'll find different groups and teams from work constantly meeting up in various gaffs.

About 1.30am I'm walking to Jenny's Fish Bar (not a chippy, a cocktail gaff) and I've got a good friend of mine linking me, who is absolutely gorgeous.
There is about four of us in the group and we walk along Castle Street some mop haired lad says to me, "you look like that fella off The Chase", he meant the big fella Mark Labbett. I said "and do you know who you look like", and he replies grinning, "Tom Davies" (he did look like him), but I said, "no, Charlie Dimmock soft lad" and kept on walking. Leaving him with a gormless look on his face.

Town is full of these whoppers. Minding my own business, walking along with a lady and insulted.  ::)
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: October 4, 2021, 01:11:32 pm »
I thought them or The Mac Lads given the geographic proximity!
Bizarre seeing The Macc Lads brought up on this forum, my partner's Dad was/is the lead Guitarist  ;D

It was payday on Friday for most of the civil service so everyone was out. A few leaving do's, birthdays, etc, etc, so you'll find different groups and teams from work constantly meeting up in various gaffs.

About 1.30am I'm walking to Jenny's Fish Bar (not a chippy, a cocktail gaff) and I've got a good friend of mine linking me, who is absolutely gorgeous.
There is about four of us in the group and we walk along Castle Street some mop haired lad says to me, "you look like that fella off The Chase", he meant the big fella Mark Labbett. I said "and do you know who you look like", and he replies grinning, "Tom Davies" (he did look like him), but I said, "no, Charlie Dimmock soft lad" and kept on walking. Leaving him with a gormless look on his face.

Town is full of these whoppers. Minding my own business, walking along with a lady and insulted.  ::)
Does seem to be a growing theme these days, people having to pipe up with absolute shite and attach themselves to groups rather than just minding their own business.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #537 on: October 4, 2021, 02:24:05 pm »
Bizarre seeing The Macc Lads brought up on this forum, my partner's Dad was/is the lead Guitarist  ;D
Does seem to be a growing theme these days, people having to pipe up with absolute shite and attach themselves to groups rather than just minding their own business.

Haha, amazing. :D

Hope for your partner’s sake he wasn’t the lyricist too. :D

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: October 4, 2021, 03:01:30 pm »
Haha, amazing. :D

Hope for your partner’s sake he wasn’t the lyricist too. :D
Unfortunately he likely did haha! He's a pretty laid back guy nowadays, doesn't actually talk about it all that much, as nuts a lifestyle as he did lead.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #539 on: October 4, 2021, 03:24:31 pm »
Unfortunately he likely did haha! He's a pretty laid back guy nowadays, doesn't actually talk about it all that much, as nuts a lifestyle as he did lead.

Different times. :D

I remember the third hand cassettes being passed round at school. Really was like another era!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #540 on: October 8, 2021, 11:59:46 am »
Unfortunately had a few nights out in Stoke when I was younger as my cousins are from the nearby bumpkin town of Leek by the Peak Districts. There's a decent indie club in Hanley, Stoke, that's always felt safe, but I walked into a club there once, a bloke was eyeing me up and down as I was ordering a drink, and whether it was the accent or what, he decided to flash a long blade, what looked like a sharp kitchen knife at me, from the inside of his jacket. Didn't wait around for my drink to come.

The worst I've seen though for similar small town mindset has been in the new town in Runcorn or in a small town in Shropshire called Market Drayton. I've been attacked in both whilst minding my own business. I've obviously seen some trouble but never been directly accosted in Liverpool, Leeds or Manchester, or London for that matter.

It was Hanley where I had the near-death experience, in 1991, and there's some scary parallels.

8 of us went to an Australian Doors concert at Victoria Hall (?) in two cars, which most of us had popped acids for. After the concert's over, there's a discussion about what to do now. The four in the other car decide to go home, the other 3 in the car I was in wanted to go a club. I wanted to go home really, but opted to stay and go the club as well. All I remember about the outside of the place was that it had huge tropical fruit on the facade and a big car park in front of it, where we'd parked. It was a Thursday night, almost empty, and shit. And I was pretty much still peaking, not in a great state. After we'd been in about an hour, I went the bogs and passed a group of about 10 lads, who were giving the evils and sniggering to each other. On my way back, they blocked my path and one starting dancing like a dickhead right in my face with some to the sides. Another moved behind me. I figured I was in for a twatting anyway so just smacked the one dancing in front of me, turned sideways and smacked the next one I saw; the rest jumped in, I covered up. Then my mates came piling in and for about a minute it was fucking chaos. Then the bouncers broke it all up, and threw them out. We went back to our pints and I remember buzzing like fuck. We all had a laugh about it. None of us were really hurt, but I remember one of 'them', a big fucker, with his shirt torn right open at the front and another with blood everywhere from his nose.

:lmao

Must have been 15/20 minutes later and we were surrounded by 3 or 4 bouncers. One calmly told us it was time to drink up and leave. One of my mates asked if there were a group waiting for us outside and he said they were, but we could go out the back way. They led us down some steps to these big metal doors and out we went. Waiting for us were what seemed at that moment to me like half of Stoke, but was really about 50 lads and some girls, some sat on car bonnets. I started to turn to go back inside, but those fucking doors slammed shut. I still remember that noise now, 30 years on. My mate who was driving (and the only one not tripping) muttered "Just walk normal to the car".

I heard one of the crowd pipe up with "Is that them?" then another voice with "Nah..." I breathed a sigh of relief. Then "Yeah it fucking is" "Gerrum". I set off like a whippet towards my mate's car, which is toward the other end of the car park. He shouts "Leave the fucking car" and I pelted past it. I'd always been fast as fuck. There were low shrubs bordering the car park and I hurdled them, landing on the pavement on the other side barely breaking stride. There's main roads in front of me and I've no idea where to go. I go right. The other three mates go left. Twats. I'm running up this street and in my mind I'm going Linford Christie fast. But I can hear running behind me, getting closer. How the fuck? I passed an Indian takeaway and mentally kicked myself for not running into there. I chanced a look round. Mistake. It slows me temporarily. There were about half a dozen of them, strung out a bit, with two at the front right behind me. I felt a grab for my shoulder and sped on, deciding the next open place I see and I'm in there. There's lights ahead on the left. I'm putting everything into going faster and I think I'm pulling away. I'm almost at the lit glass doorway; is it a hotel? Yeah! Fucking great! I'll go in there, book a room for the night! Safety! I burst through the door, knocking a bloke in a black suit and bow tie out the way, run to the desk. The bloke I've barged past is shouting at me to get out, but stays by the door and his attention is immediately diverted back to the door when more lads try to get it. He presumably locks it, but I don't see, as I'm half-collapsed at the desk, drawing great gulps of air. I manage, between heaving gasps, to tell the middle-aged woman receptionist that I'd like to book a room. I focus on her as she pulls a face that's half incredulous, half condescending and says, matter of factly, "This is a casino, love". I'm confused for a moment, but dragged back to reality to the sounds of the doorman shouting at me that I have to leave, and the rabid banging and kicking on the glass door. I look past the doorman towards the door and see two faces, contorted with rage, with more figures behind them. One of the two at the front is screaming, "I'm gonna fucking kill ya. I'm gonna cut you up." and my eyes shift to a blade in his fist than he's hammering onto the door with. It's one of several images that are perma-imprinted on my memory; I think it's the emotional heft of sheer terror that does this. I now rationally see the knife blade as being perhaps 4/5 inches long, but at the time it seemed much bigger, and very shiny.

I turn back to the casino receptionist and just say, "Please..." I really do believe at this point I'm going to die, but I feel strangely detached. Certainly detached and lucid enough to think to myself that if I'm to save myself I've got to get her sympathy, and reason that looking terrified and pathetic will help. The doorman's shouting that the door won't hold. The woman peers at me again, then says to the doorman, "We can't throw him out, they'll kill him".

Then suddenly the banging stops and the attackers move away. I'm full of grovelling apologies and thank-yous. There's an awkward pause. I'm hoping they give it a few minutes before chucking me out, so I can get a good head start and fully get my breath back. I'm not sure where to go, though. The doorman asks, "Have they gone?" and the receptionist, peering down and sideways, tells him, "No, they're round the side, waiting for him." Ah, CCTV. Clever. She then announces she's phoning the police.

It's about 10 minutes before the van pulls up outside. All that time, I'm stood very self-consciously in the reception area. And all that time, the evil twats are stood round the corner waiting for me to emerge. A policeman gets out of the van and walks to the door. The doorman unlocks the door and tells me it's time to go. I thank them both over and over and walk out, more relieved to see the police than at any time in my life, but worried that they'll somehow know I'm still pretty fucked up on acid. As I get in the van, there's a few shouts from the gobshites who'd been chasing me, but I just kept my head down. In the van, the two coppers are in the front and me in the back, and the non-driver asks me to explain what's happened. I give a very innocent version - been to a concert, popped into a club afterwards, a group kicked off on us, they got thrown out the club and were waiting for us when we left, we all ran, I got split up from my mates. They asked if I was from Liverpool. "Near there, yeah". "I reckon they heard your accents; they don't like Scousers round here." I just nodded agreement, "Yeah, must be that."

I took them back toward the car park but could see nobody in or around my mate's white Escort. They told me they'd drive round for a bit to try to find my mates but then they'd have to drop me off back at the car, but that they'd wait with me a bit. We're driving slowly down a dark side street when they stop. I look up and a figure is in the road flagging them down. That's one of my mates, I tell the lovely coppers. He runs over to the van and they open the door. When he climbs in, it takes a few seconds to register who I am. He's unhurt; they didn't catch him and he'd climbed over a wall of what he thinks was a school and hid. We drive back towards the car park and my other two mates (one the driver) are walking toward his car. The police stop the van, we get out. More thanks from me. They tell us they'll drive behind us for a bit to make sure we're not followed. I'm beaming ear to ear as the four of us unite, but I'm met with glowering faces from the other two. Glowering faces that are bruised and a bit bloody. Shit. "Did they catch you?" I ask meekly. "Yeah. You fucking prick. I see you got away, though." is the curt reply from the driver.

We got in the car and I'm proper the social leper. I ask what happened. I'm told to fuck off. But the story does come out as we're driving. The two that got caught stayed together but gave up running after a bit, with about 10 lads surrounding them. A big fucker with his short ripped open at the front had stepped forward and said "I've just come back from the Gulf War, my girlfriend bought me this [held out a gold chain that was in bits] and you've fucking snapped it. What you gonna do about it." Before my mates could answer, he's punched the driver and the others waded in on the pair.

Nobody asked me about my experience. I just sat in the back for what seemed like the longest ever journey, increasingly paranoid but also annoyed that I was getting all the blame.

We laugh about it all now.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #541 on: October 8, 2021, 12:43:48 pm »
What a tale ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #542 on: October 8, 2021, 12:47:44 pm »
What a tale ;D

Certainly is.

Wasn’t like that in Hanket when I went on a school trip to the water park there, I can tell you. :D

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: October 8, 2021, 01:17:40 pm »
Brilliant tale, well told  :D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #544 on: October 8, 2021, 01:22:34 pm »
Edge of the seat stuff to be honest.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: October 8, 2021, 01:27:46 pm »

ll I remember about the outside of the place was that it had huge tropical fruit on the facade and a big car park in front of it, where we'd parked

Sounds like it was Zanzibar in Newcastle under Lyme, on Brunswick St
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #546 on: October 8, 2021, 01:33:33 pm »

Got to love an exotically named nightclub in a dreary English shithole.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #547 on: October 8, 2021, 01:40:24 pm »
What a tale ;D
I was rivetted from start to finish.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: October 8, 2021, 01:49:42 pm »
Haha superb tale that Nobby.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: October 8, 2021, 02:00:38 pm »
Yeah easily could be. Nothing there now so I'm told, knocked the shithole down. Could also be one of the many changing clubs on the 'strip' in Hanley.

Great read though.

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #550 on: October 11, 2021, 02:04:48 pm »
could have been valentinos back in the day (before my time)

wonderfully written piece though!

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: October 11, 2021, 02:17:28 pm »
could have been valentinos back in the day (before my time)

0wonderfully written piece though!
Sounds more accurate based on proximity to Casinos and the fact that Zanzibar is in Newcastle (not that it makes much difference to people not from Stoke, but my family are always at pains to tell me Newcastle and Leek are in fact not Stoke, suppose it's like how people say to my Ma she's not from the city as she originates from Halewood).

Big brawl over on North John St at the weekend, about 10 -15 people involved I'm told. Looks like standard pissed-up handbags. Loads of people stopping to film it, video is on the Echo for anyone who can be arsed to try and traverse one of the functionally shittest websites known to man.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #552 on: October 11, 2021, 02:36:05 pm »
Haha Valentino’s is a flashback. Never went but think they wrote to my brother before his 18th birthday inviting him to celebrate it there in their VIP section. Feel like I’ve made that up but that was definitely a thing back in the day when they obviously had far too much of a marketing budget. :D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: October 11, 2021, 03:45:38 pm »
This is possibly the place (after extensive Googling). I might have mis-seen the letters as 'huge tropical fruit' ( :-\)

Where, specifically, was this?

(and we'd been Victoria Hall, not Royal Court)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #554 on: October 11, 2021, 03:51:00 pm »
My word. Is that Wernham Hogg?

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: October 11, 2021, 03:58:40 pm »
Big brawl over on North John St at the weekend, about 10 -15 people involved I'm told. Looks like standard pissed-up handbags. Loads of people stopping to film it, video is on the Echo for anyone who can be arsed to try and traverse one of the functionally shittest websites known to man.

That website is probably the most lawless part of Liverpool (Even though it's probably maintained in Manc). Completely saturated with Ads

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #556 on: October 11, 2021, 04:22:33 pm »
That website is probably the most lawless part of Liverpool (Even though it's probably maintained in Manc). Completely saturated with Ads

And the comments  :rollseyes

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: October 11, 2021, 04:36:47 pm »
Not used them since the Reach takeover, a load of shite now.

This is possibly the place (after extensive Googling). I might have mis-seen the letters as 'huge tropical fruit' ( :-\)
nightclub.png[/img]

Where, specifically, was this?

(and we'd been Victoria Hall, not Royal Court)
Makes more sense, because Victoria Hall is bang in Hanley (went to see Catfish and the Bottlemen there a few years back), but this place predates the small handful of nights out I've had in Stoke. I text my cousin about this as he's 8/9 years older than me but he tells me Creation was Valentino's rebrand and closed before even he was 18, so must have shut very late 90s/very early 00s. I think it's still there as a Casino, but I haven't been to Stoke for a night out in 4 or 5 years now.

Where that location was is in Hanley, the biggest town in Stoke (a weird city made up of smaller individual towns with no specific centre) and from the sounds of it Nobby, you pegged it up a rather large bank to the other still standing casino, a quick google search tells me it's called Etruria Road. Fair play for pegging it all the way up there, it's probably 700m all uphill.

I've definitely been told before though that Stokie's don't like Scousers, neither do people from Leek, despite the fact that my accent isn't particularly strong. Didn't stop some pissed up nob heads coming up to me out in Chester recently, all of them chirping that Stevie G 'yeah Course' bit at me.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 04:41:01 pm by Drinks Sangria »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: October 11, 2021, 04:49:02 pm »
Not used them since the Reach takeover, a load of shite now.
Makes more sense, because Victoria Hall is bang in Hanley (went to see Catfish and the Bottlemen there a few years back), but this place predates the small handful of nights out I've had in Stoke. I text my cousin about this as he's 8/9 years older than me but he tells me Creation was Valentino's rebrand and closed before even he was 18, so must have shut very late 90s/very early 00s. I think it's still there as a Casino, but I haven't been to Stoke for a night out in 4 or 5 years now.

Where that location was is in Hanley, the biggest town in Stoke (a weird city made up of smaller individual towns with no specific centre) and from the sounds of it Nobby, you pegged it up a rather large bank to the other still standing casino, a quick google search tells me it's called Etruria Road. Fair play for pegging it all the way up there, it's probably 700m all uphill.

I've definitely been told before though that Stokie's don't like Scousers, neither do people from Leek, despite the fact that my accent isn't particularly strong. Didn't stop some pissed up nob heads coming up to me out in Chester recently, all of them chirping that Stevie G 'yeah Course' bit at me.

It would have been 1990/91/92

Don't think it was Etruria Road (looking at Google Maps) because I was running up a hill with shops/restaurants/takeaways on the left. I don't remember the casino being one of those big, purpose-built fellas, either. Would have run about that distance, though.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: October 11, 2021, 04:54:09 pm »

It would have been 1990/91/92

Don't think it was Etruria Road (looking at Google Maps) because I was running up a hill with shops/restaurants/takeaways on the left. I don't remember the casino being one of those big, purpose-built fellas, either. Would have run about that distance, though.
It looks very different now, it's had all cladding and new brickwork so it looks different, it's the same building underneath though. It does sound like you were on Trinity Street, which is what's straight on from Etruria Road, not too sure about the smaller Casino though, I'd be there a couple times a year and the clubs and restaurants were all different every time, nowhere seemed to be able to stay open.

Did your mates ever 'forgive' you (even though you didn't do anything wrong)? I've tailed it and got caught before (jumped over a wall onto a car park and badly misjudged the drop, breaking my foot as I landed) and never blamed my mates who went in a different direction, my fault for my own decision making.