Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2515173 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2014, 01:33:36 pm »
I think you'll find many supporters would feel the opposite way.

If you think whoring the soul of the club and the fucking Mecca of Liverpool Football Club to a cooperation is a good idea, then I must say the game truly has lost it's meaning.

It's just another logo on the stands at the end of the day though, no one is going to call it Dunkin' Stadium, it'll just get called Anfield.

Anyway, pointless conversation as it's not happening.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2014, 02:08:00 pm »
It's just another logo on the stands at the end of the day though, no one is going to call it Dunkin' Stadium, it'll just get called Anfield.

Anyway, pointless conversation as it's not happening.
It is not because, all the radio, tv, cable mentions of Anfield will then use the new sponsor name instead, which frankly, would annoy the fuck out of me.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #242 on: October 13, 2014, 02:10:31 pm »
It is not because, all the radio, tv, cable mentions of Anfield will then use the new sponsor name instead, which frankly, would annoy the fuck out of me.

Thankfully I wouldn't see them as would be at the match, but yeah can see why that may be annoying.

Still personally don't get the big deal though, as between fans (at the end of the day who gives a shit about the media) it would be Anfield, and adding a sponsor name to it isn't going to change what it is and what it means to people when there.

As said though, pointless because it isn't happening.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2014, 02:21:53 pm »

If you think whoring the soul of the club and the fucking Mecca of Liverpool Football Club to a cooperation is a good idea, then I must say the game truly has lost it's meaning.

It'll always be Anfield to me and every other Liverpool fan, that's just the nature of the modern game, I couldn't care less if Gary Linekar has to call it the Apple Anfield on Match of the Day. Anfield is special because of what's on the inside, not outside.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2014, 02:22:25 pm »
Thankfully I wouldn't see them as would be at the match, but yeah can see why that may be annoying.

Well you're very lucky you can make it to every single game mate.

The vast, vast majority of Liverpool fans can NOT go to every single game. This is coming from someone who grew up in the city too.

Hopefully we can sell player names, that would be a good move I think, help us control wages better.

I would like to see Lucas renamed as "Pepsi Max". Perhaps Mignolet could be "Pizza Hut".

It's only names and I wouldn't care because everyone would still call them Lucas & Mignolet.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2014, 02:41:55 pm »

I think the point he is making is that everyone would still call it Anfield anyway.  The "official" name would be the corporate sponsor, who would be paying shitloads of money to the club, but in reality, we'd all still call it Anfield.

It's not like The Emirates, as that was purpose-built with the name of the Emirates...  In fact, so-much-so that if Emirates stopped sponsoring Arsenal in a few years and a new ground sponsor stepped in - Everyone would still call it "The Emirates"!!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2014, 02:54:40 pm »
I think the point he is making is that everyone would still call it Anfield anyway.  The "official" name would be the corporate sponsor, who would be paying shitloads of money to the club, but in reality, we'd all still call it Anfield.

It's not like The Emirates, as that was purpose-built with the name of the Emirates...  In fact, so-much-so that if Emirates stopped sponsoring Arsenal in a few years and a new ground sponsor stepped in - Everyone would still call it "The Emirates"!!
yep

the etihad is called as such. its cos the stadium had no history.

when St James's Park in Newcastle was renamed the Sports Direct Arena there wasnt too many adherring to that name change.

anfield would be similar but as of now its not happening. just the stands, lets not jump to conclusions
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2014, 03:16:22 pm »
Dont know even know why we're having this convo, we WONT rename anfield to anything, we wont sell the naming rights for the whole stadium. Just the new main stand which i dont really mind, if it's call the "garuda indonesia main stand" i dont really care because they're giving us money, it's only the main stand. Not like it the The Kop or the whole of anfield.

Hope we can sell the rights to it and make some money.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline Stanno06

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Scouse not English
« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2014, 04:48:03 pm »
but the Dunkin' Donuts stand (for example) would grate on my nerves more than a bit.

They aren't one of the six companies initially approached
"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died" - American Graffiti

www.plasma-metal-art.com

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2014, 04:49:32 pm »
They aren't one of the six companies initially approached

Who are the 6?

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #250 on: October 17, 2014, 04:13:02 pm »
One question for the experts (Peter / Alan maybe)
Has anyone ever built a stand where the seats are off set by half a seat on consecutive rows?
I was in a lecture Hall this week and instead of looking at the back of someone's head I looked between two peoples shoulders. I certainly had a better view.
Probably doesn't work with footy as you have a wide range of vision from left to right? And I suppose you would lose one seat per row?
But on low raked stands I would of thought it had some merit?
Thanks

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #251 on: October 17, 2014, 04:23:13 pm »
One question for the experts (Peter / Alan maybe)
Has anyone ever built a stand where the seats are off set by half a seat on consecutive rows?
I was in a lecture Hall this week and instead of looking at the back of someone's head I looked between two peoples shoulders. I certainly had a better view.
Probably doesn't work with footy as you have a wide range of vision from left to right? And I suppose you would lose one seat per row?
But on low raked stands I would of thought it had some merit?
Thanks

With a lecture you are focused on a single point or a small area. If you have an offset as you suggest at a football ground, the view will be fine looking straight ahead but obscured looking left and right. In other words every seat would have a restricted view.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline JAHBletch

• Main Stander
« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2014, 12:20:26 am »
Call me a bastard but I would have no problem with the Main Stand being called 'the....main stand.  How finances are at the mo we could probably get Ł15m per year for it
Omar little;
Joe youv'e been so busy being devious you've gone and messed yourself up and got caught in the web.

Offline TorquayRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2014, 01:17:29 am »
Call me a bastard but I would have no problem with the Main Stand being called 'the....main stand.  How finances are at the mo we could probably get Ł15m per year for it

Absoutely.

Changing from Anfield... Now that's a different issue altogether that would be unacceptable.
This gang of holey cheese making, Toblerone chomping, euthanasia loving, daft fucking penknives with about 90% shite that you'd never use in a normal lifetime, can go fuck themselves.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2014, 09:29:05 am »
Good chat but this is the construction thread ;D

What's been bulldozed this week then?

Online elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2014, 11:10:53 pm »
Good chat but this is the construction thread ;D

What's been bulldozed this week then?

Real Madrid.
We are Liverpool!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2014, 08:47:14 am »
you bastard
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline samfandesreds

• Main Stander
« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2014, 05:18:30 pm »

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: October 25, 2014, 11:46:32 pm »
From @PaulEdwards1973:

Quote:
Had an interesting chat with someone close to the ground rebuilding work. Described it as a bit of a farce.

LFC have started changing the agreed spec and the price has gone up

Rodgers has been given lots of influence on the design of the sporting areas and changing rooms Etc

A small astro turf pitch will be hidden away in the main stand so the players get more warm up space on match day

Some of the main stand structure will remain with concrete added to raise the angle of the lowest rows

Apparently it’ll pay for itself in 4/5 years due to the increased ‘covers’- corporate seats massively increased

LFC had messed up some sight lines for the new upper tier meaning the roof on the Kop and Anny Road will need to be cut back several metres. That’ll happen next summer and mean the front rows of the Kop will get wet if it rains

And apparently the council are being slow in clearing the land holding things up

When it comes to the main build they will have 16 weeks to do most of the work- 200 men working 3 shifts 24 hours a day apparently

Apparently our last game of next year and start of the one after will be away to give extra time for the works

Builders will have penalty clauses for each seat not ready for the new season

Was told that the builders will have gear on site on the signed commencement date even if just for PR purposes as currently site not ready

The final thing he said was that the Anny Road rebuild will happen if we are still in CL, it’s not as crucial as less corporate seats
https://twitter.com/PaulEdwards1973

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #259 on: October 26, 2014, 08:25:39 am »
That's interesting.. Fits in with that reedit woman that we all assumed was rubbish (may well be still of course).

And, if we believe that, it will be ready for 2015 not 2016 ...that can't be right....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Rigobert

• Main Stander
« Reply #260 on: October 26, 2014, 08:57:56 am »
Since there a less than a dozen houses to demolish I fail to see how anyone's being slow to clear the land. It's nothing to do with the council anyway is it? 16 weeks 24 hours a day?? Sorry that whole price looks like total nonsense to me.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #261 on: October 26, 2014, 09:03:04 am »
Since there a less than a dozen houses to demolish I fail to see how anyone's being slow to clear the land. It's nothing to do with the council anyway is it? 16 weeks 24 hours a day?? Sorry that whole price looks like total nonsense to me.

Not to mention building work can't begin until this initial waiting period is up.

I'd be taking those details with as much salt as the Redit 'interview' personally.

Offline Rigobert

• Main Stander
« Reply #262 on: October 26, 2014, 09:26:16 am »
Waiting period is up about 2 weeks on Tuesday I think. That's about the time the last house will go imo. I was nosing around the site yesterday morning and noticed they're starting to dig it the footings roughly where the rear part of the new stand is going. All seems bang up to date to me. By the way. It is a residential area. The notion that a construction of this size,with all the noise disturbance that brings,would be allowed to rumble on through the night 24/7 to say nothing of the health and safety issues, is a ludicrous one.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #263 on: October 26, 2014, 09:54:37 am »
Waiting period is up about 2 weeks on Tuesday I think. That's about the time the last house will go imo. I was nosing around the site yesterday morning and noticed they're starting to dig it the footings roughly where the rear part of the new stand is going. All seems bang up to date to me. By the way. It is a residential area. The notion that a construction of this size,with all the noise disturbance that brings,would be allowed to rumble on through the night 24/7 to say nothing of the health and safety issues, is a ludicrous one.

No difference in H & S Issues apart from normal shift issues that anyone company has in relation to H & S, BUT fully agree with the fact i can't see them being able to do building work before 8am and after 6pm Mon-Fri with possible Sat but probably no Sun working.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #264 on: October 26, 2014, 11:03:52 am »
Having an astroturf pitch indoors for warm ups is pretty much standard for new grounds/stands these days. The Amsterdam Arena apparently has one underneath the pitch if I remember correctly.

Also, playing the last game of one season and the first game of the next is standard practice when building a new stand to give yourself an extra few weeks of building work.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 26, 2014, 02:12:17 pm »
From @PaulEdwards1973:

Quote:
Had an interesting chat with someone close to the ground rebuilding work. Described it as a bit of a farce.

Rodgers has been given lots of influence on the design of the sporting areas and changing rooms Etc

A small astro turf pitch will be hidden away in the main stand so the players get more warm up space on match day

Some of the main stand structure will remain with concrete added to raise the angle of the lowest rows

Apparently it’ll pay for itself in 4/5 years due to the increased ‘covers’- corporate seats massively increased

LFC had messed up some sight lines for the new upper tier meaning the roof on the Kop and Anny Road will need to be cut back several metres. That’ll happen next summer and mean the front rows of the Kop will get wet if it rains

And apparently the council are being slow in clearing the land holding things up

When it comes to the main build they will have 16 weeks to do most of the work- 200 men working 3 shifts 24 hours a day apparently

Apparently our last game of next year and start of the one after will be away to give extra time for the works

Was told that the builders will have gear on site on the signed commencement date even if just for PR purposes as currently site not ready

The final thing he said was that the Anny Road rebuild will happen if we are still in CL, it’s not as crucial as less corporate seats

Don't see a lot wrong with that to be honest. Clients always changed the agreed spec as they always want something changing here or there. Rodgers having an input is perhaps a little unusual but if you think about it, it's probably a good idea to know what a manager wants to help his team prepare for a game. Saying LFC messed up the sight lines is a very strange comment, last time I looked the engineering consultant designed the stand not LFC so it would be the engineer who fucked up.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a Ł25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #266 on: October 26, 2014, 02:49:25 pm »
sight line issues, wouldnt that be one of the first things you look at when expanding an existing stand, someone should be sacked if there is and the company made to pay whatever it costs to fix
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #267 on: October 26, 2014, 02:57:02 pm »
Pretty certain there was mention of the Kop roof in the initial plans so don't think it was an over sight at all and would be surprised if anything new had been found that needed changing.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: October 26, 2014, 05:32:24 pm »
Pretty certain there was mention of the Kop roof in the initial plans so don't think it was an over sight at all and would be surprised if anything new had been found that needed changing.
And if we look at different interactions of the plans, there have been changes to the top corners of the new stand, so this sort of thing is obviously flexible.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: October 26, 2014, 06:20:08 pm »

Finding that line quite worrying to be honest
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #270 on: October 26, 2014, 06:41:06 pm »
Finding that line quite worrying to be honest

It's makes no sense, as we could be in the CL that season and not be the next, so there is no way that would come into their thinking IMO.

Then again a lot of what has been said in that post doesn't make sense so take it with a pinch of salt.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: October 26, 2014, 06:47:53 pm »
It's makes no sense, as we could be in the CL that season and not be the next, so there is no way that would come into their thinking IMO.

Then again a lot of what has been said in that post doesn't make sense so take it with a pinch of salt.

Hope so, not sure how reliable that guy is, so hope he's just another ITK bullshitter.

It'd be weird if we couldn't afford it without CL football, if that was the case i'd rather they sold the naming rights to the stand

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: October 26, 2014, 08:34:18 pm »
No way thats working 24-7 in a residential area , not only the noise of construction but even vehicles and machinery around site in the middle of the night ..no way ... Possibly twelve hour days , seven days a week . And is that article implying ready by next season , what eight months away and only a small spade in the ground

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #273 on: October 26, 2014, 08:54:44 pm »
im sure he means the end of this season they have 3 months to get the main part of the build built with the rest taking place during the following season, thats how i see it.

if that is right will they leave the main stand roof on till the very end or remove it straight away and build straight over the remaining seats during close season.

could they not work on the inside of the structure during the night
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:58:11 pm by Jonny5 »
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: October 26, 2014, 08:57:45 pm »
im sure he means the end of this season they have 3 months to get the main part of the build built with the rest taking place during the following season, thats how i see it.

if that is right will they leave the main stand roof on till the very end or remove it straight away and build straight over the remaining seats during close season.
I agree.
Super structure up over the summer and maybe 24 hour work on moving the seats in the main stand.

He's said it won't open until 2016-17 though...
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: October 26, 2014, 08:59:02 pm »
From @PaulEdwards1973:

Quote:

I'm not sure who he's spoken to but most builders love a bit of a moan. Clients do change the details all the time, and the price goes up. That's normal. It's up to the project manager to manage the process.

Corporate seats aren't being 'massively' increased. The planning application details the number of additional premium seats and the Anfield Road doesn't have 'less' corporate seats - it doesn't have any.

There were detailed studies in the Stage C report showing that there would need to be changes to the Kop and Anny Road roofs.

Whoever he spoke to about penalty clauses doesn't know much about construction contracts, or any contracts for that matter. eanlty clauses are unenforcable under English Law. He probably means liquidated damages which is standard for any contract. LADs are a predetermined amount for financial loss due to a building being incomplete at the end of the agreed contract period.

There's probably some truth in there but it sounds like someone who likes a moan.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: October 26, 2014, 09:02:09 pm »
No way thats working 24-7 in a residential area , not only the noise of construction but even vehicles and machinery around site in the middle of the night ..no way ... Possibly twelve hour days , seven days a week . And is that article implying ready by next season , what eight months away and only a small spade in the ground

The whole thing sounds like someone reporting chinese whispers.  They might work 24 hours during the fit out but not for the main substructure and frame. And if they have priced for 24 hour working it will be costing a fortune.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: October 26, 2014, 09:18:48 pm »
What's the current plane for WBR?   Had a look yesterday at the number of tinned up properties that will soon be demolished, can't help but think that rerouting the road will happen.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #278 on: October 26, 2014, 09:24:47 pm »
What's the current plane for WBR?   Had a look yesterday at the number of tinned up properties that will soon be demolished, can't help but think that rerouting the road will happen.

Most of those have been boarded up for years, not sure the plan (it wasn't last time I looked) was to knock them down.

I know some opposite the Sandon have been knocked down in recent weeks though.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: October 26, 2014, 10:02:21 pm »

It's not part of the same project. Whether it happens or not I can't see it having any effect on Anfield.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)