Author Topic: Spyin' Spurs Kop.  (Read 11460 times)

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spyin' Spurs Kop.
« Reply #40 on: March 7, 2013, 01:31:49 am »
Toby: Bale as he's fast, direct & exciting to watch plus humble with it. For Liverpool I can't look past Suarez for his commitment & finishing, he must be one of the most clinical finishers in the league.

:o

Suarez is a brilliant player, and this season his finishing has been tremendously improved, but this is still a strange thing to say.  If Suarez really were one of the most clinical finishers in the league he would be talked about in the same league as Messi/Ronaldo.  The rest of his game is that good, but it's still not a rarity that he misses chances he has created for himself.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 7, 2013, 03:57:40 pm »
I agree, I don't think he's a clinical finisher, I think he's a brilliant player who finds space and has the daring of those magnificent men in their flying machines..
Yep.

Offline walkerman32

• Main Stander
  • Chang - Can't Have a New Ground
« Reply #42 on: March 7, 2013, 04:40:21 pm »
Great read! I really want to win this living with a Spurs supporting roommate and all.  :wanker

Offline Dontthinkdo

• I, before I post.
  • Main Stander
  • YOLO
« Reply #43 on: March 7, 2013, 04:41:43 pm »
cheeky twats calling suarez a cheat and bale not, fuck OFF southern muppets
Liverpool fan on talksport dropped a baconface before getting cut off  ;D

Can't believe I read earlier on here that the ref ruined the game. Fucking hilarious.

^_^

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 7, 2013, 08:20:53 pm »

Paul: Well, obviously the difference is that Suarez cheats and Bale doesn't!

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #45 on: March 7, 2013, 09:01:14 pm »
Here is a Bale highlight reel of some of his best "non-cheating" moments!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLuMmsgktUU

They were all before the Villa one highlighted above and the blatent one against Scotland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CcGE62Il2A
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 7, 2013, 09:03:04 pm »
Paul is a mate and he's being ironic as The Goat points out on p1
Yep.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 7, 2013, 09:12:06 pm »
And I see Bale's just received his fourth yellow card of the season for simianlation.  ;)

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 7, 2013, 09:20:04 pm »
Great read, cheers Michael.

Shame Bale's suspension after his yellow tonight doesn't apply on Sunday...
@ManifoldReasons

Offline exino

• tic tac toe
  • Kopite
  • Youth coach. Total football proponent. JFT96.
« Reply #49 on: March 8, 2013, 12:23:29 am »
Cheers Hinesy.

It's a nice bunch you spoke to here but unfortunately in my experience I'm a bit more familiar with the bellend section of their support.

They have gotten under my skin a bit recently for a number of reasons, including poaching our targets, and hearing many of their supporters laughably claim to now being a bigger club than us, which they obviously are not. Not even close. If you ask me they need reminding of their station in the scheme of things, so hopefully we can do the business against them at home.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2013, 01:12:38 am by exino »
"Football is a simple game, yet it is difficult to play simple football."- Johan Cruyff

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 8, 2013, 12:43:21 am »
cheeky twats calling suarez a cheat and bale not, fuck OFF southern muppets

An apt custom title I guess.

Its quite clear that Paul was being cheeky and didn't actually mean it. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 8, 2013, 12:46:26 am »
No offence mate but this whole vitriol about poaching our targets is embarrassing. The two players we were clearly interested in last summer are arguably their biggest flops this season, where as the likes of Dembele and Vertonghen have been quality. Despite remaining trophy less they've been better managed and certainly better run over the last few years in comparison to us. They're also nothing like City or Chelsea and I think they deserve far more respect than many of our fans afford them.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2013, 12:49:02 am by DangerScouse »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #52 on: March 8, 2013, 01:04:03 am »
No offence mate but this whole vitriol about poaching our targets is embarrassing. The two players we were clearly interested in last summer are arguably their biggest flops this season, where as the likes of Dembele and Vertonghen have been quality. Despite remaining trophy less they've been better managed and certainly better run over the last few years in comparison to us. They're also nothing like City or Chelsea and I think they deserve far more respect than many of our fans afford them.

I've always disliked the way they roll over to Man United. Give them their best players and then accept them back when their best years are over. Give them their songs. Celebrate when Mancs win the league because at least it's not Arsenal.

Hopefully they can show a bit more class now they're in Europe on a regular basis.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 8, 2013, 01:12:25 am »
I don't mind Spurs but there's a definite arrogance amongst their support that I've always found to be really strange. I don't like it amongst our lot quite honestly but you can understand where it comes from with our history. With all due respect to Spurs as a club and their fans, they don't have the same history as us or United or even Arsenal so where does the arrogance come from? Their biggest achievement for the last god knows how long has been breaking into the top 4.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 8, 2013, 01:29:34 am »
To be fair, very like some of our own young fans have an arrogance, on the back of our history, some of tottenhams fans may do as well.

I know some think football was invented in the 1990s, but well before Chelsea and Man City got their new born power, Tottenham have and were considered one of the 'big five' for a a number of decades.

Now they look like having a team that can compete with the big boys again, it's no wonder it's getting their dander up.

It was widely noted by older Liverpool fans and fans of many other clubs, that post Istanbul, a large proportion of our own fans became quite arrogant, and our new found bellend factor in some quarters, went through the roof.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2013, 01:37:25 am by Big Red Richie »

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: March 8, 2013, 01:35:09 am »
I don't doubt they're a big club Richie and they're definitely on the up but you talk to some Spurs fans and you'd think they'd won near as many trophies as us. People talk about us like we're dead and buried but in the past 13 years we've been swimming in trophies compared to that lot.

Football League Champions 1950/1951, 1960/1961
F.A.Cup Winners 1900/1901, 1920/1921, 1960/1961, 1961/1962, 1966/1967, 1980/1981, 1981/1982, 1990/1991
Football League Cup Winners 1970/1971, 1972/1973, 1998/1999, 2007/2008
European Cup-Winners Cup Winners 1962/1963
UEFA Cup Winners 1971/1972, 1983/1984
Football League Division Two Champions 1919/1920, 1949/1950
F.A.Charity Shield Winners 1920/1921, 1951/1952, 1961/1962, 1962/1963, 1967/1968 (joint), 1981/1982 (joint), 1991/1992 (joint)

That doesn't make for particularly impressive reading.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 8, 2013, 01:36:59 am »
Cheeky soft southern shandy drinking twats with their objectivity, deference and respect when talking about our players and boss and traditions and things like that. Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Really nice read that thanks Hinesy. Say thank you to your mates as well please. They seem like a decent bunch.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: March 8, 2013, 01:46:48 am »

That doesn't make for particularly impressive reading.
With the exception of us and United, thats as good a record as anyone else in English football, and far better than most.

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 8, 2013, 01:56:22 am »
With the exception of us and United, thats as good a record as anyone else in English football, and far better than most.

Come on now, Chelsea's and Arsenal's hauls are a lot more impressive. 1 trophy in the last 13 years. Prior to that they'd not won anything for what? 16 years?

I don't want this to come across as me calling them a small club, they're not but they're not on the same level as us, United, Arsenal or even Chelsea. When they start winning things then they can start tooting their horn.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 8, 2013, 03:17:22 am »
Come on now, Chelsea's and Arsenal's hauls are a lot more impressive. 1 trophy in the last 13 years. Prior to that they'd not won anything for what? 16 years?

I don't want this to come across as me calling them a small club, they're not but they're not on the same level as us, United, Arsenal or even Chelsea. When they start winning things then they can start tooting their horn.

I'd beg to differ.

Arsenal's trophy haul is superior, but not counting charity shields and the like, both Tottenhams and Chelsea's trophy haul are identical, on 17 major trophy's apiece.

So not counting us, United or Arsenal, their record stacks up against anyone in English football. To deny otherwise is just being myopic.

Christ. Prior to last season league win, and the FA Cup in 2011, Man City hadn't won anything in 35 years.  How do you want to call them?

And they're only on about a dozen major honours, anyway.

Or is it all about the last five years, where nothing else before ever counts?

Spurs have the joint 4th best trophy haul in the history of English football, yet you seem to want to dissmiss it, as not 'particularly impressive'.

Go shake ya head.

Anyway, I digress.  I can't be arsed having a petty argument over a football club I feel nothing for.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2013, 03:40:12 am by Big Red Richie »

Offline norbert

• Main Stander
« Reply #60 on: March 8, 2013, 07:41:09 am »
And Spurs share one record with United, they are the only two teams to win a trophy in each of the last 7 decades. A lot of teams, like Newcastle, have not won a single thing in ages. We are wll behind you and United but are more successful than most.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 8, 2013, 07:44:19 am »
I've always disliked the way they roll over to Man United. Give them their best players and then accept them back when their best years are over. Give them their songs. Celebrate when Mancs win the league because at least it's not Arsenal.

Hopefully they can show a bit more class now they're in Europe on a regular basis.

They've taken 4 points from united this season compared to our zero, granted they had a horrendous record prior to that. You can guarantee a considerable amount of our support were fucking delighted with city winning the league last year for very obvious reasons. Comes across a bit petty and hypocritical to me.

On the Chelsea comparisons, give me Spurs fans every day of the week, they were very dignified in paying their respects to the 96 during the FA cup semi final unlike those plastic classless c*nts.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2013, 07:46:19 am by DangerScouse »

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
Re: Re: Spyin' Spurs Kop.
« Reply #62 on: March 8, 2013, 09:06:22 am »
Cheers Hinesy.

It's a nice bunch you spoke to here but unfortunately in my experience I'm a bit more familiar with the bellend section of their support.

They have gotten under my skin a bit recently for a number of reasons, including poaching our targets, and hearing many of their supporters laughably claim to now being a bigger club than us, which they obviously are not. Not even close. If you ask me they need reminding of their station in the scheme of things, so hopefully we can do the business against them at home.

I am a spurs fan in peace. Bigger or better? Unless they are on a wind up have never heard any spurs fan say that we are bigger, you in the UK?

Better however...

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 8, 2013, 11:24:54 am »

The difference being Richie City have just won the league, you can forgive their fans for being a bit mouthy. I'm not eradicating Spurs history. I just don't understand where the attitude comes from. We get accused of living in the past constantly yet we actually win things pretty consistently whereas Spurs in the last 3 decades have won a single FA cup.

I don't understand why you're getting shirty with me over it, it's not like I'm here denying they're a decent club I just don't think their performance on the field has matched their swagger off it for quite a while.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #64 on: March 8, 2013, 11:34:20 am »
They've taken 4 points from united this season compared to our zero, granted they had a horrendous record prior to that. You can guarantee a considerable amount of our support were fucking delighted with city winning the league last year for very obvious reasons.

True, but we didn't roll over for them.

Comes across a bit petty and hypocritical to me.

Fair comment.

Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #65 on: March 8, 2013, 11:58:01 am »
I'd beg to differ.

Arsenal's trophy haul is superior, but not counting charity shields and the like, both Tottenhams and Chelsea's trophy haul are identical, on 17 major trophy's apiece.

So not counting us, United or Arsenal, their record stacks up against anyone in English football. To deny otherwise is just being myopic.

Christ. Prior to last season league win, and the FA Cup in 2011, Man City hadn't won anything in 35 years.  How do you want to call them?

And they're only on about a dozen major honours, anyway.

Or is it all about the last five years, where nothing else before ever counts?

Spurs have the joint 4th best trophy haul in the history of English football, yet you seem to want to dissmiss it, as not 'particularly impressive'.

Go shake ya head.

Anyway, I digress.  I can't be arsed having a petty argument over a football club I feel nothing for.

I´d throw Aston Villa in there after Us, the mancs and Arsenal. Spurs have just 2 league wins (Villa 7), 0 Euro Cups (Villa 1). Although Spurs have won 3 other European Trophies I would still call that greater success. Villa beat them in total trophies also 20 to 17.

Likewise I would consider Evertons 9 Leagues to put them ahead of Spurs. Yes, Spurs have won more trophies than them in total but League Titles carry more weight than Domestic Cup wins.

Also Chelsea are definately ahead of Spurs on major honours.

League Chelsea 4 / 2 Spurs
Euro Cup 1 / 0
UEFA Cup 2 / 3
FAC 7 / 8
LC 4 / 4

Chelsea have only won 1 more trophy but ranking the titles in order of importance you can see Chelsea have won the big trophies more often.

Ok I´m all done defending 3 clubs I dislike even more than Spurs. I feel dirty now!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_major_honours_won

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #66 on: March 8, 2013, 12:01:14 pm »
The difference being Richie City have just won the league, you can forgive their fans for being a bit mouthy. I'm not eradicating Spurs history. I just don't understand where the attitude comes from. We get accused of living in the past constantly yet we actually win things pretty consistently whereas Spurs in the last 3 decades have won a single FA cup.

and 2 League Cups.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #67 on: March 8, 2013, 01:30:20 pm »
Great read, thanks for that!

From the run-ins ive had with spurs fans, they seem to love to stick to the stereotypes towards us and not think any further....but i these lot seemed ok. Decent bunch
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Kicked_Into_Touch

• Kopite
« Reply #68 on: March 8, 2013, 01:32:25 pm »
I don't mind Spurs but there's a definite arrogance amongst their support that I've always found to be really strange. I don't like it amongst our lot quite honestly but you can understand where it comes from with our history. With all due respect to Spurs as a club and their fans, they don't have the same history as us or United or even Arsenal so where does the arrogance come from? Their biggest achievement for the last god knows how long has been breaking into the top 4.

this.

absoultely perplexing trying to understand where the vast majority of them are coming from....

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 8, 2013, 02:02:50 pm »
this.

absoultely perplexing trying to understand where the vast majority of them are coming from....

It's his fault (see below)

Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 8, 2013, 02:10:57 pm »
Good read Hinesy, it was heartening to see they are right behind their manager, they seem enthusiastic about him. It would be easy to be cautious about where he's taken them based on what he did at Chelsea but they've taken the positiveness on-board completely.

Lets face it, it we were in contention for 3rd, BR would be hailed king of the North-West of England. If their momentum continues then he's done a solid job.

Likewise this is another test for Brendan, he needs to be astute to match everything they'll bring up here.

Offline scimitarsam

• Main Stander
« Reply #71 on: March 8, 2013, 03:24:54 pm »
Going to be a good game this one and I feel a very good test of where we are.

The 2 clubs are on a parallel path. Both aspiriing to become regular CL clubs, both are lead by good, young modern managers and the playing systems and styles are not world's apart. Spurs have a few seasons head start on us so momentum is with them at the moment, their current 3rd place has been well earned should be respected.

As for the fans it's the same thing everywhere. They're doing well and their lot are excited, you can't blame for that. Take people in isolation and they're usually good value, get a bunch of them together the volume goes up and the twatishness quickly bubbles to the surface.

Anyway, it's a key game for Liverpool. The result; good, bad or indifferent will be an excellent indicator on how far we've come under BR and especially on our progress since January.
I am currently away on leave, travelling through time and will be returning last week.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #72 on: March 8, 2013, 03:38:39 pm »
No offence mate but this whole vitriol about poaching our targets is embarrassing. The two players we were clearly interested in last summer are arguably their biggest flops this season

Would've been interesting to get their views on Dempsey, I really wasn't bothered about signing him during the summer and believe we dodged a bullet big-time, as it seemed to me that we were trying to bring someone in for the sake of it, particularly as we thought we could get him on the cheap. I really can't understand where Rodgers was thinking he'd fit in, presumably in the role he used Sigurdsson at Swansea, though that would've caused other sorts of issues regarding Gerrard, Lucas and Allen.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #73 on: March 8, 2013, 04:18:38 pm »
Would've been interesting to get their views on Dempsey, I really wasn't bothered about signing him during the summer and believe we dodged a bullet big-time, as it seemed to me that we were trying to bring someone in for the sake of it, particularly as we thought we could get him on the cheap. I really can't understand where Rodgers was thinking he'd fit in, presumably in the role he used Sigurdsson at Swansea, though that would've caused other sorts of issues regarding Gerrard, Lucas and Allen.

Most fans (non US) were underwhelmed with the siging but he is a limited but a very honest player.  AVB seems to see him as a striker rather than an attacking midfielder, and for the money paid £6M I cant see how we can lose.

He has scored some very important goals when we were not in full flow - including the winner against the mancs and a last minute equaliser.  Just for this most will forgive his short commings.

He is probably one of the most expendable and replaceable members of our squad but I think he has been a success due to his low fee and off the field increased exposure in the states.