Author Topic: Sunderland  (Read 179605 times)

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sunderland
« Reply #1000 on: May 23, 2017, 12:51:33 pm »
My concern about this, as great as it is Moyes is going for them, is Short didn't seem to want him to go so the funds for rebuilding would seem very limited. In terms of Moyes, he is done (for awhile, bar a Kinnear type situation where the club is simply that desperate) as a top flight manager, the press have turned on him an his dreadful performance at Sunderland, not the relegation in itself but the pathetic manner of it, has raised alarm bells. Man U seems to have damaged his confidence, he seems to have lost his ability to motivate players and his desire for the fight while his statements have been worrying insular and old-fashioned.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1001 on: May 23, 2017, 01:11:56 pm »
He don't drink. He don't smoke. What does he do?
Laps?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #1002 on: May 23, 2017, 01:24:30 pm »
He don't drink. He don't smoke. What does he do?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1003 on: May 23, 2017, 05:38:05 pm »

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #1004 on: May 23, 2017, 05:47:44 pm »
Michael Gray:

"Yeah they did (refuse to play), which I found really shocking when you have a contract at a football club."

"When you have inside info from people like that and you have players knocking on the manager’s door saying they don’t want to play it tells you what kind of state the football club is in."

"That’s got nothing to do with David, if the players come up to him and say they don’t want to play then they don’t deserve to be at the football club in the first place."

"One of them was Lamine Kone, who there was a lot of speculation about in the summer, he had his head turned by Everton."

"I’m not quite sure who the other player was but I definitely know there were two players who were knocking on David’s door."

"I know the injury list was getting bigger and bigger because the players were a little bit frightened of playing the last few games of the season or just weren’t enjoying their football."

"These type of players are the ones we need to get out of our club. When I say those type of players, I believe there will be 10-15 players leaving the club after the conversation I’ve had. I hope that’s the case."

The first and last time you will read this sentence, folks.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1005 on: May 23, 2017, 06:55:01 pm »
My concern about this, as great as it is Moyes is going for them, is Short didn't seem to want him to go so the funds for rebuilding would seem very limited. In terms of Moyes, he is done (for awhile, bar a Kinnear type situation where the club is simply that desperate) as a top flight manager, the press have turned on him an his dreadful performance at Sunderland, not the relegation in itself but the pathetic manner of it, has raised alarm bells. Man U seems to have damaged his confidence, he seems to have lost his ability to motivate players and his desire for the fight while his statements have been worrying insular and old-fashioned.

None of this is concerning, its hilarious.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: May 23, 2017, 07:52:50 pm »
I think the Geordies will love it even more given that Rafa stuck with them and they return to the Premier League as Champions.  Sunderland couldn't even hold onto David Moyes.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: May 23, 2017, 07:58:13 pm »
told you they called him the "Energy Vampire" - because he sucked the life out of positive situations

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1008 on: May 23, 2017, 08:18:55 pm »
Seems like Moyes cancelling the Christmas Party was the catalyst for the players to start the revolt against Moyes.
#Sausages

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #1009 on: May 24, 2017, 11:03:47 pm »

Jason Denayer involved in a 6 am pub brawl while on a two day vacation in Brussels.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1010 on: June 16, 2017, 09:48:09 am »
Jesus they are in trouble, can't even persuade the Aberdeen manager to move to them. The budget differences must be huge & he's still not interested, MK Dons managed to poach the Hearts manger.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1011 on: June 17, 2017, 08:15:54 pm »
Jesus they are in trouble, can't even persuade the Aberdeen manager to move to them. The budget differences must be huge & he's still not interested, MK Dons managed to poach the Hearts manger.

Yep. Saw that they are pinning their hopes on a takeover

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: June 17, 2017, 08:46:04 pm »
Jason Denayer involved in a 6 am pub brawl while on a two day vacation in Brussels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hc9Gh-1144

his mate is on the floor getting beat up and he kicks the fella to stop him filling him in, doesn't he? The guy does get ruined in the end, loads of people taking it in turns kicking him. Terrible scenes
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #1013 on: June 29, 2017, 05:11:25 pm »
Takeover talks with interested parties who wanted to buy the club have been pulled

They've been given permission to speak to Simon Grayson

Their best player has signed for Bournemouth

Quite a day for them  ;D ;D ;D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: June 29, 2017, 05:18:56 pm »
Takeover talks with interested parties who wanted to buy the club have been pulled

Only Nissan announcing they're leaving because of Brexit could top it off!

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: June 29, 2017, 07:48:02 pm »
Grayson now appointed :lmao

They are sinking fast, wouldn't be shocked to see them go down again

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: June 29, 2017, 08:19:12 pm »
Grayson is decent at championship level, doubt he will take them up.

Plus it opens the door for the prodigal son to return to deepdale.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: June 29, 2017, 08:19:35 pm »

Their second best player signed for Everton.  ;D

All we need now is for Newcastle to finish about the Toffees.  8)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: June 29, 2017, 10:21:31 pm »
Grayson is decent at championship level, doubt he will take them up.

Is he? Sacked by Leeds for failing to make the playoffs, then took Huddersfield up to the championship & was sacked with them struggling having failed to win for 12 games.

His league one record is decent having being promoted automatically with a Leeds & via the playoffs with Huddersfield & Preston
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:23:39 pm by Old No7 »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: June 29, 2017, 10:22:43 pm »
No idea why Grayson has decided to take the job. He had a pretty secure job at a midtable club and he's left to take over these?

Offline Sh0rty

• Kopite
« Reply #1020 on: June 29, 2017, 10:33:40 pm »
Bring the good times back? What good times?  :o

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1021 on: June 29, 2017, 10:40:54 pm »
I wonder what the odds are on them being relegated from the Championship? They've lost a shit ton of players already (either released or sold off)

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: June 29, 2017, 11:27:05 pm »
It's a shite appointment all round.

Grayson barely has a squad to work with, Grayson barely has any idea how to get teams into the top half of the Championship nevermind get them promoted to the Prem and I can't see it motivating fans to buy season tickets etc.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: June 29, 2017, 11:38:29 pm »
No idea why Grayson has decided to take the job. He had a pretty secure job at a midtable club and he's left to take over these?
Really? buy a couple of proven Championship scorers and they could rebound into the Premier League, i'm sure he is counting his blessings.

Hull made a brilliant appointment in Leonid Slutsky, this one not so much.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: June 29, 2017, 11:45:51 pm »
Sunderland's squad is aging and largely shite. Even Villa had a better squad than these when they went down.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: June 30, 2017, 12:04:13 am »
im guessing his salary has gone up several times, plus it's Sunderland so he will get a nice payoff around march time

Hull made a brilliant appointment in Leonid Slutsky, this one not so much.
thought he was mad to go there, thought he could have gotten a much better job, somewhere like Leeds or boro

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1026 on: June 30, 2017, 12:04:50 am »
Is he? Sacked by Leeds for failing to make the playoffs, then took Huddersfield up to the championship & was sacked with them struggling having failed to win for 12 games.

His league one record is decent having being promoted automatically with a Leeds & via the playoffs with Huddersfield & Preston
he got Leeds to 7th after promotion and there were some rumours about why he got the bullet from there which I won't go into on here

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1027 on: June 30, 2017, 02:55:29 pm »
Sunderland's squad is aging and largely shite. Even Villa had a better squad than these when they went down.

Defoe, Pickford, Pienaar, Lescott, Anichebe, Buckley, Kirchhoff, Larsson and O'Shea have already left with only Pickford receiving a fee. I'd assume Asoro, Borini, Lens, Kone and Khazri will all be gone before the window shuts. There's not going to be much to work with in terms of playing squad or income. They really need to go with a long-term, patient youth development approach, three things Sunderland haven't been good at for the past decade plus.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1028 on: July 1, 2017, 01:32:23 pm »
Defoe, Pickford, Pienaar, Lescott, Anichebe, Buckley, Kirchhoff, Larsson and O'Shea have already left with only Pickford receiving a fee. I'd assume Asoro, Borini, Lens, Kone and Khazri will all be gone before the window shuts. There's not going to be much to work with in terms of playing squad or income. They really need to go with a long-term, patient youth development approach, three things Sunderland haven't been good at for the past decade plus.
Borini already gone on loan but O'Shea has signed a new one year deal to stay for another season

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: July 7, 2017, 03:56:52 pm »
 :'(

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40524081

Not sure if this story was in this thread or some other, but this has me in bits - Defoe still staying close to that little terminally ill kid, Bradley Lowery. This guy can do no wrong for me now

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1030 on: July 7, 2017, 03:58:37 pm »
:(

RIP little man.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #1031 on: July 7, 2017, 03:59:12 pm »
Poor little lad has just passed away. Very sad.
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: July 7, 2017, 04:01:23 pm »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1033 on: July 7, 2017, 04:21:27 pm »
:'(

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40524081

Not sure if this story was in this thread or some other, but this has me in bits - Defoe still staying close to that little terminally ill kid, Bradley Lowery. This guy can do no wrong for me now

:'( RIP Bradley.

And Jermaine Defoe, what an absolute gent he is, what a lovely guy.

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1034 on: July 7, 2017, 04:39:15 pm »
:'( RIP Bradley.

And Jermaine Defoe, what an absolute gent he is, what a lovely guy.
RIP Bradley

Agree that nothing but Respect for Jermaine Defoe

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1035 on: July 7, 2017, 04:42:50 pm »
 :'( So sad. God bless him, and what a wonderful thing Defoe has done for him the last few months - you know he'll look back on it as being more important and meaningful than all the money and the fame.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1036 on: July 7, 2017, 04:44:26 pm »
I know it was expected, but it's still heartbreaking  :'(
R.I.P Bradley  :(
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1037 on: July 7, 2017, 05:04:14 pm »
He faced it with such bravery, always smiling, RIP little man, really heartbreaking.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1038 on: July 7, 2017, 05:38:34 pm »
RIP little man. No more suffering anymore. :(

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #1039 on: July 7, 2017, 05:58:35 pm »