Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - Atalanta v Liverpool - Europa League, Thurs 18 April @ 8pm  (Read 16368 times)

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
I think he should have been rested, more important games coming.
Rested/dropped same thing! He could do with a rest I think. Without Nunez in the attack we struggle to get in behind and defences can push up against us.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Strong line up, good to see Trent back.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
Liverpool team news

Liverpool team: Alisson, Van Dijk, Konate, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Jones, Diaz, Gakpo, Salah.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Gomez, Endo, Nunez, Elliot, Jota, Tsimikas, Gravenberch, Clark, Danns, Quansah
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
I believe at home, Atalanta won't park the bus, right?

Hope that it suits us for our forwards to get behind.

Fookin inferior United parked the bus and we ran out of idea hahahah!!!   ;D
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Salah was the one that should have got dropped if anyone IMO.

I doubt any decent manager would drop his leading scorer with excellent assists when chasing a 3:0 deficit.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Strong bench, come on red men.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
Salah starting again is absolutely mind boggling.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
Jurgen clearly been reading the Darwin thread and thought that fire didn’t need any further fuel.

Completely missed first leg due to work, so no clue what to expect here - we’re long overdue scoring an early goal, tonight would be night.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
I believe at home, Atalanta won't park the bus, right?

Hope that it suits us for our forwards to get behind.

Fookin inferior United parked the bus and we ran out of idea hahahah!!!   ;D
Thing is Atalanta don't have to chase the game. They'll possibly defend their lead.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan

He should start every game. Especially ones we need to win and score goals in.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Gakpo up front when we need goals? Wow.
Come on Cody, prove me wrong, please.

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
He should start every game. Especially ones we need to win and score goals in.

Okeydokey.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
Okeydokey.

Just my opinion, you might be right. Guess we shall see.

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
We stuck four past Barca with a shadow side, so not outwith the realms of possibility that something strange happens tonight. I did read somewhere that no team has ever turned over a 3 goal home defeat in UEFA history, so what a good time to do it, eh? We like breaking with convention. Atalanta is a decent side so anything is possible. Strong bench if we do get a goal or two to the good inside an hour. Otherwise, it looks like there may be no English clubs left in Europe after this evening. Greatest league in the world though, don't you know.

Up the reds!  :scarf :scarf :scarf

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Good team. Plenty off the bench to change the game too if we’re needing it. Gravenberch suits playing against this side, Nunez is always able to cause problems, Elliott is a game changer so often from the bench and Jota gets goals (including a hat trick last time out at this stadium).

Come on the reds!!!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
Just my opinion, you might be right. Guess we shall see.

Can't see much/any threat in that forward line on current form, would love to be wrong.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Okeydokey.

Salah is the one attacker who has proven time and time again to step up, you have to trust him to get out of his funk at some point and if he does he is one of our worldclass players.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Feel Quansah’s unlucky not to be starting, given Ibou’s form.
AHA!

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
When’s the last time these lost by 4 goals at home or even 3 to force extra time?

Looks to me like it was Inter in Nov 2022. Their record has been pretty good since then!

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
Gakpo up front when we need goals? Wow.
Come on Cody, prove me wrong, please.

He should be on the left. Moved again. Feel for the guy.

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Strong line up, good to see Trent back.

Would be nice to see the full backs push up and put crosses in. Just like the good o'l days.

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
Lots of  negativity, guess a lot of posters going to watch coronation street instead.
mines a pint

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gakpo really needs to run off the shoulder though for Trent, if he keeps coming deep we will end up with too many players in the middle and going nowhere.

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
When’s the last time these lost by 4 goals at home or even 3 to force extra time?

Might be when we beat them 5-0 there?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

That concerns me more than the attacking line, we need Konate and our back line to improve.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Lots of  negativity, guess a lot of posters going to watch coronation street instead.
Heartbeat is a far superior option

But thankfully it finishes at 8
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
Might be when we beat them 5-0 there?

;) I see what you did there.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR

Ibou had one bad match in the defeat to Atalanta. Yeah he wasn't that good in the Palace game either but neither was Van Dijk for example. He's still the best CB we have after Virgil.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
Diaz and Gakpo starting together doesn't fill me with confidence when we need goals, but I trust Klopp for this. Jota and Nunez coming on to change things if it doesn't work and when Atalanta should be tired will be a real pain in the arse for them.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
Ibou had one bad match in the defeat to Atalanta. Yeah he wasn't that good in the Palace game either but neither was Van Dijk for example. He's still the best CB we have after Virgil.

Quansah will start on Sunday.

Offline ApfelStudel

• Anny Roader
I can see this being a wild game with a scoreline like 2:5 or something. I am certain that we will get the chances to score at least 3 goals; whether we take those chances is a different question.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I would've gone 4-2-4 and go balls out.

Offline stanleylhs

• Anny Roader
  • Oh Sami Sami!
I concur with Henry's analysis on the Real-City game, City played good football, but defending is also part of the game and it helped Madrid to close out the game.

I watched the years of defensive style of Ged and Rafa. I secretly wished we would still have that stop gap Plan B 4-3-2-1 compact team in 16/17 during the start of the Klopp's stint where we kept grinding out 1-0 result with a solid low-ish block. Since then we never went back to this compact style.

We now play this high risks high rewards possession football that compresses the other team into their own half leaving 2 CB (and sometimes plus a DM) at the back, daring them to play on the counter. When Endo first arrived, he thought this is insane and practically impossible to be the anchor No. 6 for Klopp, there is simply too much ground to cover, but somehow Klopp and our players made it worked. This brought us exciting football indeed as we are doing the impossible.

The crazy thing for me is this is our only play style. Villa 7-2, Atletico 3-2, United 4-3 and Atalanta 3-0 are essentially the same idea on repeat. We won't play any other style. Like what Henry said for the City game, we played good football but we lost the game (except for Villa as that were pure shite with no good football).

So here we are, possibly the last game of Klopp's European game with us, let's try it one more time, in the most beautiful way, to do the impossible. To play good football and win the game!

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really? Fuck me people have short memories, still our best attacker by a country mile.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
I would've gone 4-2-4 and go balls out.
Always prefer 4-4-4 to be honest...  :scarf
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
Hopefully an early goal will rattle them, I just got this feeling someone's due a roasting from us and hopefully9 it,ll be Atalanta tonight...
was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Always prefer 4-4-4 to be honest...  :scarf

:D
Hello eggface.  :wave

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
Early goal and 80-85 minutes to score another 2 or 3. Easy peasy. Salah through the middle?
It’s a very strong bench. NEVER GIVE UP.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
1 u on the hour mark please. 2 up on 80.