Author Topic: Liverpool 0 v 1 Stoke 1-1 AET 5-4 Pens Lge Cup SF 2nd Lg 26/1/2016 Arnautovic 45  (Read 117223 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: Liverpool 0 v 0 Stoke League Cup SF 2nd Lg 26/1/2016
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2016, 08:17:20 pm »
30 - Great work from Liverpool to deal with a building Stoke threat, eventually forcing Arnautovic to play the ball all the way back to his own half. We recover it.

Over to my colleague to send you to HT.

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2016, 08:17:31 pm »
31 - Long ball played over the top for Lallana, but it's ever so slightly ahead of him and Butland can collect.

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2016, 08:19:59 pm »
33 - Bojan fouls Moreno just inside the Stoke half. Liverpool take it quickly and Emre is given space from about 25/30 yards. He hits a vicious shot which swerves at most a foot to the right of Butland's post. LFC's best attempt of the half.

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2016, 08:20:35 pm »
34 - Affelay then finds himself in space outside Liverpool's box after Crouch lays one on to him. It's high and wide. Cheers from the KOP.

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2016, 08:21:29 pm »
36 - Henderson adjudged to have shoved Crouch in the back (didn't look anything in it). Stoke with a free kick in a wide area. They'll put this in the box.

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2016, 08:22:23 pm »
37 - Bojan gets his head on it and the ball glances across the Liverpool 6 yard box. If crouch had gambled he would have been there for a tap in. Liverpool slightly lucky to get away with that.

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2016, 08:23:55 pm »
38 - Wow. Sakho is on the edge of the Stoke box in an attacking position for now reason. He does a tidy stepover and lays it on to Lallana. Lallana could should but opts to pass it wide to Henderson - his pass is overhit and the attack ends there.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2016, 08:24:04 pm »
While they're playing a "traditional" Stoke style tonight in punting everything long to Crouch and Walters, I think Hughes deserves plenty of credit for a real transformation at the club.

I certainly wouldn't have predicted 3 years ago that Stoke could line up with Shaqiri, Arnautovic, Bojan and Joselu in attack.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2016, 08:25:20 pm »
While they're playing a "traditional" Stoke style tonight in punting everything long to Crouch and Walters, I think Hughes deserves plenty of credit for a real transformation at the club.

I certainly wouldn't have predicted 3 years ago that Stoke could line up with Shaqiri, Arnautovic, Bojan and Joselu in attack.

Agree mate, plus that arnt as dirty as they used to be. Can still mix it up if they need to, but theres far less cloggers than there used to be.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2016, 08:25:38 pm »
39 - A nice exchange between Moreno and Firmino down the Liverpool left sees Moreno given a chance to whip a cross in. He tries to put too much on it and it ends up going out for a goal kick.

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2016, 08:26:51 pm »
41 - Liverpool unable to capitalise on a Stoke error. The ball is given away to Can by Muniesas and if he makes the right decision Liverpool are 3 on 2. His pass is wayward and Stoke can recover.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2016, 08:27:50 pm »
Also, and I'm not wringing my hands about our transfer prospects, but if Klopp is aiming to play an energetic high press for the rest of the season when we could conceivably play another 33 games on top of the 36 already played, it's fair to say that we might need another face or two in the squad.

The players started with a high tempo and occasionally seem to remember that they're supposed to gegenpressing but we're already dropping off for chunks of the game.

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2016, 08:28:20 pm »
42 - Arnautovic goes in hard on Flanno. Liverpool free kick out wide right. We work it into a position to put in a cross. Cross doesn't beat the first man and is cleared. Falls to Henderson from 35 odd yards out. He hits it on the half volley but it's going nowhere near Butland's goal.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2016, 08:29:00 pm »
I cant help to suppress a laugh when the commentator says Wollscheid (sounds like Wellshit...chuckle).
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2016, 08:30:11 pm »
Also, and I'm not wringing my hands about our transfer prospects, but if Klopp is aiming to play an energetic high press for the rest of the season when we could conceivably play another 33 games on top of the 36 already played, it's fair to say that we might need another face or two in the squad.

The players started with a high tempo and occasionally seem to remember that they're supposed to gegenpressing but we're already dropping off for chunks of the game.

Could be we arnt fully used to that yet as in body wise, and tire quicker. Perhaps its a stop start tactic. Come next pre season and he drill the proverbial out of them...:)

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2016, 08:30:34 pm »
44 - Stoke have another comedy of errors at the back. Milner and Firmino find themselves in a 2 v 2.

Milner could hit it with his left but tries to play an impossible pass to Firmino - Butland clears.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2016, 08:31:26 pm »
Game of few chances.

The last few games Can has looked so slow. Almost too calm.

Can't see us scoring tonight. 0-0

edit - sorry :(
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2016, 08:31:39 pm »
45 - Ball sits up nicely for Affelay after Stoke put a free kick from inside their own half into the Liverpool box. His shot sails harmlessly wide.

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2016, 08:32:05 pm »
45 + 1 GOAL STOKE CITY.

0 - 1

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Re: Liverpool 0 v 1 Stoke League Cup SF 2nd Lg 26/1/2016 Arnautovic 45'
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2016, 08:32:35 pm »
Replays show whast I was shouting at the TV, Arnautoivc was offside.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2016, 08:32:41 pm »
Bollocks.

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2016, 08:33:03 pm »
45 + 1 Bojan was in space out wide and plays it into the box for Arnautovic who was 100% offside. The flag doesn't go up and Arnautovic puts it into the net from about 8 yards.

1 - 1 on aggregate.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2016, 08:33:11 pm »
Liverpool 0-0 Stoke (agg 1-0)
Posted at 43
mins

As Roberto Firmino is flagged offside, television cameras pick up a man leaving his seat to beat everyone else to the toilet. And pie queue.

I'm sure it'll divide opinion whether that's a sensible or silly move

From the BBC website there.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2016, 08:33:24 pm »
Clearly offside, not by much but still.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2016, 08:33:39 pm »
HALF TIME

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
45' Stoke get us underway.
Come on Redmen.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
46' Early FK near the corner flag for Liverpool.
Moreno clips it in.
Corner Deja Vu
We win a corner, let's hope we do better.
Ball comes over, bit of head tennis, Hendo with a lovely layoff to Bob who hits the post via Butlands boot.
Another corner, wasted
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
46' Early FK near the corner flag for Liverpool.
Moreno clips it in.
Corner Deja Vu
We win a corner, let's hope we do better.
Ball comes over, bit of head tennis, Hendo with a lovely layoff to Bob who hits the post via Butlands boot.
Another corner, wasted

That FK, what a waste. Edge of the area (on the far side, like a close corner :)  ) and we still dont beat the first man!

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
48' Shoulder barge by Walters there, Mmmmm
Not given, I fancy we'd have got a FK had it been outside the area...

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
That FK, what a waste. Edge of the area (on the far side, like a close corner :)  ) and we still dont beat the first man!

Our set pieces show no signs of improving, either offensive, or defensive.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
52' The crowd are deffo doing their bit, that's for sure.
Plenty of urgency on the pitch, maybe too much.
All very fractured

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
48' Shoulder barge by Walters there, Mmmmm
Not given, I fancy we'd have got a FK had it been outside the area...

Yup, they are given every time outside the area...so why not inside!? No attempt to play the ball!

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
54' Moreno tries a crashing drive when Milner better placed, blocked and comes to nothing.
Desperate defending as Stoke break and have 2 decent chances requiring sharp intervention from Migs, and a diving sliding block from Sakho.
Slow down please, this has got 2-0 all over it if we don't find a bit of composure.

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
Liverpool really struggling to string a few simple passes together when in the opposition 3rd. No individual more guilty than another.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Re: Liverpools midfield;

Get one of those 'I have no idea what I'm doing' pics...

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
56' Jesus, yet again we look poor at the back, ball allowed to bounce twice in the area, nobody looking to attack it.
Stoke corner, Headed clear to Johnson on 25 yards, blasts over.
Make no mistake, Stoke are well on top.
Benteke to come on, Hendo off

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
Totally rattled here.  Zero composure from the players, no confidence defensively.  Going to be 2-0 soon enough.....

Spot on.

We're being outplayed for sure.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
(Covering Jersey)
60' Stoke free kick in a dangerous position on our left.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Spot on.

We're being outplayed for sure.

Migs has got me bloody worried here!