Author Topic: Local Sales  (Read 298841 times)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Re: Local Sales
« Reply #400 on: November 11, 2016, 07:49:49 pm »
Re-direct your post via Post Office - not sure if you can do it at short notice online? I haven't done it for years

Or go and talk nicely to whoever lives there now??
We are a team of one half.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: November 11, 2016, 10:47:04 pm »
I just bought a £9 ticket with a member that i had 2 years ago. From the email that they sent me I've just realize that it still got my old address. I can't even change my address on line. Any idea what can i do? My new address is still in the Liverpool area

Turn up on the day with proof of identity and ask for duplicates, claiming they never arrived, you have lost them, dog ate them ........whatever!
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #402 on: November 17, 2016, 02:40:57 pm »
L40 is local and CH41 isn't? Great work, ticket office, you geographically illiterate arsewipes.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #403 on: November 17, 2016, 02:57:10 pm »
Read in another thread that these sales are gonna be stopped
Shame if so, but understandable with so many abusing the system

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: November 17, 2016, 03:16:37 pm »
L40 is local and CH41 isn't? Great work, ticket office, you geographically illiterate arsewipes.

I know who I'd back in a foot race.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #405 on: November 17, 2016, 04:54:53 pm »

how can this be proved unless they start checking everybody when they go in the ground, alot of people saying its being abused, but not many actual testimonies of people actually seeing it. theres a ticket exchange on here, people can trade tickets to anybody.  i feel that so many people are complaing its being abused people are thinking its a much bigger problem than it is. me and my mates have sat in u1 every game, the least amount of tickets we've been able to get is 4.  just because the person next to me doesnt speak english doesn't mean they've not got an l post code.  anyway, i really hope they dont scrap teh scheme because going this season, always being sat next to me mates has been great
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: November 17, 2016, 05:19:35 pm »
I know who I'd back in a foot race.

:)

It does fucking wind me up though. I live closer to Anfield than Dingle, Aigburth, Sefton Park, Knotty Ash, Hutton, Kirkby... I could go on. My postcode used to be an L, but the post office decided to switch our mail sorting to Chester, and LFC think this is a valid reason to exclude us from this sale even though we pay the same membership as the L postcodes. If you want local support, call it a 10 mile radius of the stadium and be done. It is just stupid to let Ormskirk in and rule Birkenhead out.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #407 on: November 17, 2016, 05:41:16 pm »

It'd be a joke if they stopped this next season. Liverpools a multicultural city how do we really know if the person sitting next to us doesn't live in Liverpool!?

There's plenty of people scamming the system in other parts of the ground. It's only a few hundred tickets and the majority from when I've been in there are defo from Liverpool...what's the big deal!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: November 17, 2016, 05:51:50 pm »
It'd be a joke if they stopped this next season. Liverpools a multicultural city how do we really know if the person sitting next to us doesn't live in Liverpool!?

There's plenty of people scamming the system in other parts of the ground. It's only a few hundred tickets and the majority from when I've been in there are defo from Liverpool...what's the big deal!

Could be loads of students are getting them.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: November 17, 2016, 06:01:11 pm »
:)

It does fucking wind me up though. I live closer to Anfield than Dingle, Aigburth, Sefton Park, Knotty Ash, Hutton, Kirkby... I could go on. My postcode used to be an L, but the post office decided to switch our mail sorting to Chester, and LFC think this is a valid reason to exclude us from this sale even though we pay the same membership as the L postcodes. If you want local support, call it a 10 mile radius of the stadium and be done. It is just stupid to let Ormskirk in and rule Birkenhead out.

I kind of agree but a line has to be drawn somewhere I suppose. The 0151 phone number might be a better criteria, but it probably just increases the number of people eligible which is another problem.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: November 17, 2016, 06:16:30 pm »
I kind of agree but a line has to be drawn somewhere I suppose. The 0151 phone number might be a better criteria, but it probably just increases the number of people eligible which is another problem.

Of course the line has to be drawn somewhere, but it is clearly in the wrong place when supporters who live a couple of miles from the stadium and can even see it from their house are being ruled out. The only even handed way of doing it is to draw a big circle around the stadium on a map.

Offline indian magic

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #411 on: November 17, 2016, 08:34:10 pm »

Will be a shame  for locals especially when tickets I believe are priced at a meager £9 each; though Bundesliga clubs price all tickets at £15-£20 each.
ISTANBUL- ATATURK- WEST STAND-UPPER- 25th to 26th MAY 2005.:
Greatest TWO days of my life (at the time);

Then Athens 2007 was good;
Superseded by Kyiv 2018 (off the scale);
and then the Glorious Magical Week in Madrid 2019;
and now Paris 2022 ( a tad Vanilla ); more Champs Leagues Finals we await.

FORZA DIEGO MARADONA.
Allez Les Rouges.

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2016, 08:35:55 pm »
how can this be proved unless they start checking everybody when they go in the ground, alot of people saying its being abused, but not many actual testimonies of people actually seeing it. theres a ticket exchange on here, people can trade tickets to anybody.  i feel that so many people are complaing its being abused people are thinking its a much bigger problem than it is. me and my mates have sat in u1 every game, the least amount of tickets we've been able to get is 4.  just because the person next to me doesnt speak english doesn't mean they've not got an l post code.  anyway, i really hope they dont scrap teh scheme because going this season, always being sat next to me mates has been great

A lad on the other thread said they have evidence that people are using blag addresses

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #413 on: November 17, 2016, 09:07:36 pm »
A lad on the other thread said they have evidence that people are using blag addresses

the tickets are then sent out to blag addresses then?

of course people might change their address to their mates in liverpool,  somebody who lives in southampton could just register their card at a mates or a parents in liverpool, theres ways around it, but if they're a fan im not really arsed. we'd all do the same.   the club do something decent and people just moan about the negatives when iMO they should be applauded because the quality of the seat compared to the vale is on a different level (for the £9 tickets)
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: November 18, 2016, 01:20:48 am »
They could make all £9 tickets collection on the day with proof of ID and recent proof of address.   There are only 500 up for grabs so as long as they had a dedicated window open from a couple of hours before kick off there wouldn't be a problem.  Gives less time for the touts to move their tickets on.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: November 18, 2016, 07:50:38 am »
They could make all £9 tickets collection on the day with proof of ID and recent proof of address.   There are only 500 up for grabs so as long as they had a dedicated window open from a couple of hours before kick off there wouldn't be a problem.  Gives less time for the touts to move their tickets on.
make them collectiob but not on the match day

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: November 18, 2016, 08:11:20 am »

Or, window sales, and you need ID and proof of address.

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #417 on: November 18, 2016, 08:34:41 am »
Anyone recieved their West Ham tickets yet?

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #418 on: November 18, 2016, 09:52:03 am »
It'll be a real shame if they scrap this scheme. £9 tickets are the only way some of us can afford to get in.  :(

Seems a bit lazy just to stop selling the tickets rather than deal with the problem. Just have a separate turnstile for people who bought these tickets, and have one or two people checking ID before they let you in. Your name is written on the paper ticket so it's not like they need any fancy tech for it. 

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: November 18, 2016, 10:25:08 am »
the tickets are then sent out to blag addresses then?

of course people might change their address to their mates in liverpool,  somebody who lives in southampton could just register their card at a mates or a parents in liverpool, theres ways around it, but if they're a fan im not really arsed. we'd all do the same.   the club do something decent and people just moan about the negatives when iMO they should be applauded because the quality of the seat compared to the vale is on a different level (for the £9 tickets)
Spot on that.

Offline stefbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #420 on: November 18, 2016, 01:03:25 pm »
I think you have to go and collect the west game ticket. I phoned to change my address and they said that from now on every £9 ticket has to be collect

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #421 on: November 18, 2016, 01:06:39 pm »
With proof of the name and address? Interesting! It's a WIP isn't it.

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
« Reply #422 on: November 18, 2016, 01:11:04 pm »
Anybody can fake a letter with a name and address, that won't stop it.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: November 18, 2016, 01:13:53 pm »
which i why should have photo id as well and cant collect on match day has to be another day before the day of game

Offline stefbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #424 on: November 18, 2016, 01:13:55 pm »
I'm

I'm not too sure about that

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: November 18, 2016, 02:16:05 pm »

It was me who said it on the other thread but I'm just going by what Graham Smith was posting on RAOTL.

All I know about it is what he posted.  In a nutshell, too many tickets are not staying in local hands (either from touting or blag addresses).  Things are going to be trialled until the end of the season (e.g. collection from ticket office for Leeds match) but if it doesn't improve by the end of the season the £9 tickets are most likely to be sold via local schools and colleges.

It was a good point that somebody raised above about how they know they're being touted.  The only example Graham Smith gave was that some tickets had been bought from Bank of Ireland accounts.  Don't know any more than that.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #426 on: November 18, 2016, 02:27:41 pm »
Not sure what else they could do apart from collection from the ticket office (like they've done for Leeds)

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: November 18, 2016, 02:31:31 pm »
Not sure what else they could do apart from collection from the ticket office (like they've done for Leeds)

They could let us know why they're not arsed about the other 52,500 tickets being touted, passed on or not being registered at the correct address.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #428 on: November 18, 2016, 02:33:23 pm »
They could let us know why they're not arsed about the other 52,500 tickets being touted, passed on or not being registered at the correct address.

True, I meant like how could they ensure that only locals are buying  the local tickets - probably the only way to do so is making sure people collect from the TO with name & address ID

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: November 23, 2016, 08:18:08 am »
No £9 tickets showing for Stoke?

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #430 on: November 23, 2016, 08:20:28 am »
there local general sale tickets mate !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: November 23, 2016, 08:22:10 am »
there local general sale tickets mate !

Whoops. Couldn't remember if it was the local members or local general sale  ;D

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #432 on: November 23, 2016, 09:26:56 am »
I got a mate a local £9 tkt for West Ham but not sure whether it is likely to be pick up, paper tkt sent to me as I logged in,  or him or...? Doesn't serm to say anywhere. How did ppl know Leeds was pick up? Ta

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
« Reply #433 on: November 23, 2016, 09:52:57 am »
I got a mate a local £9 tkt for West Ham but not sure whether it is likely to be pick up, paper tkt sent to me as I logged in,  or him or...? Doesn't serm to say anywhere. How did ppl know Leeds was pick up? Ta

If you bought it for him through Friends & Family then it will be sent to you.

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #434 on: November 23, 2016, 10:19:01 am »
Not recieved my West ham ones yet

Didn't say anything about picking up with ID did it? Club just probably hasn't posted them

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #435 on: November 23, 2016, 10:34:01 am »
Not recieved my West ham ones yet

Didn't say anything about picking up with ID did it? Club just probably hasn't posted them

Not received mine either yet...early days!

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #436 on: November 23, 2016, 10:57:31 am »
Yes, thought so. Just wondered as never seen anything for any about fan cards or paper tkts, but never involved me b4.  Ta
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:31:57 am by Shanklygates »

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #437 on: November 23, 2016, 11:23:11 am »
Just got 2 for stoke in the local members sale, they'll just go on my membership cards and won't be posted out right?
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: November 23, 2016, 11:44:54 am »
Just got 2 for stoke in the local members sale, they'll just go on my membership cards and won't be posted out right?

Ones I've bought in members have been on cards. Think it's the general that uses paper tickets, though wouldn't know cos they're like rocking horse shite ;D

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #439 on: November 23, 2016, 11:46:59 am »
on the club site for LEEDS :

Local general sale: from 8.15am on Thursday November 10.

All tickets purchased during this sale must be collected from the ticket office at Anfield with name and address ID.

We strongly advise supporters to collect their tickets early and not wait until the day of the match. Tickets will be available for collection from Friday November 11.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/season-2016-17-ticketing-initiative-qa

Local General sale

Q. Can I request to collect my ticket?
A. No, all tickets sold during this sale will be sent out in the post to the registered L postcode address.  

wait and see - YNWA !
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:55:41 am by ant »
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24