Author Topic: Local Sales  (Read 298804 times)

Offline red and white liz

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Local Sales
« Reply #280 on: October 12, 2016, 04:16:34 pm »
Anyone paying over the odds for a ticket needs their heads testing.

The club uses this as reason to increase tickets. People are just lazy or dont qualify for a ticket.

If you have patience and commitment, then getting a ticket for most home games is obtainable

Agreed it is do-able - I have membership, managed to get to 16 home last season, mix of league and cup.

This season so far, only missing West Ham and Sunderland from available tickets.  Passed on my Spurs ticket as 3 matches in just over a week a bit too much for me, but passed on for face value.  Not touting.  Managed to get some in bulk sale, but others, like today, for Watford in further sales.  All about effort, a lot easier these days with online access compared to having to queue in years gone by with your stubs and praying the shutters were still up when you got there.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #281 on: October 13, 2016, 02:00:05 pm »
Had my ticket for this and United through today with a little paper slip (that looked like it had been cut out by a five year old) advising that despite having a membership card that the game was purchased through, paper tickets would be issued for all tickets bought in the local sales. Have the club confirmed anywhere that the credit will still show up on your membership despite a physical ticket being issued?

Would seem like a no brainer that it would but you never know with our lot sometimes!

Has anyone else received a paper ticket for the United game? Thought I'd be getting in on my members card. If so, will be waiting anxiously for mine to arrive

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #282 on: October 13, 2016, 02:01:15 pm »
Has anyone else received a paper ticket for the United game? Thought I'd be getting in on my members card. If so, will be waiting anxiously for mine to arrive

Someone said in the Spurs thread they receieved a paper ticket, i'd ring the ticket office if i were you
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: October 13, 2016, 02:04:03 pm »
Someone said in the Spurs thread they receieved a paper ticket, i'd ring the ticket office if i were you

It encourage touts even more if they're all paper tickets! if I get nothing through in the post when I get home I'll give them a call

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #284 on: October 13, 2016, 02:24:59 pm »

Received 2 paper tickets for family today, with a slip saying members cards will not be activated for the game. i thought that the cards would be used like normal !
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: October 13, 2016, 02:28:52 pm »
Received 2 paper tickets for family today, with a slip saying members cards will not be activated for the game. i thought that the cards would be used like normal !

Have you already bought a ticket through the members sale?  Then it'd make sense to send you a paper ticket.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Craig Mac

• Leeches files boo hiss!
  • Kopite
  • We shall not, we shall not be moved!
« Reply #286 on: October 13, 2016, 02:55:19 pm »
Are these paper tickets just for the local general sale or local members sale too? I got a united ticket on the local members sale but assumed it would activate my membership card? Is this wrong will I need a paper ticket?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: October 13, 2016, 02:58:59 pm »
Sent an email to the club and they responded RE: paper tickets for members buying on the local general sale

With regards to your query, you will receive paper tickets for the game against Manchester United as this will be the new procedure going forward for members who purchase tickets in the local general sales.

If you have not received the tickets by Monday I would advise you to contact our ticket office on +44 (0) 151 264 2500.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: October 13, 2016, 03:21:26 pm »
No ticket in the post today!!! This is stupid!

If it wasn't due to the post before I wouldn't have known about the paper ticket situation

Offline tmaloney

• Kemlynite
« Reply #289 on: October 13, 2016, 03:36:21 pm »
Wonder why they've decided to switch to paper tickets for £9 seats. Maybe makes it harder for people not using a valid address with an L postcode. But surely this makes it easier for touts...

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: October 13, 2016, 04:19:15 pm »
Wonder why they've decided to switch to paper tickets for £9 seats. Maybe makes it harder for people not using a valid address with an L postcode. But surely this makes it easier for touts...

I wonder if club have cottoned on to the re sales. At a league game paper tickets in home end can only mean duplicate or local sales.

Might be easier then to identify and check some id on some . Try nipping in the bud the abuse of a good system

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #291 on: October 13, 2016, 04:40:18 pm »
decdided to email them r.e loyalty

"when i purchance a ticket though a local general sale on my membership account, does that count towards loyalty on my account?"

the reply

"Any ticket purchase made in any sale on your membership account will be recorded on your purchase history"

Sir, the cash monies?

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #292 on: October 13, 2016, 05:21:31 pm »
Have you already bought a ticket through the members sale?  Then it'd make sense to send you a paper ticket.

Not with the cards that were used to get tickets in the local general sale no.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: October 13, 2016, 05:32:43 pm »
Wonder how many of these will end up being touted for Monday's game?

Offline sharkeyb

• Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #294 on: October 13, 2016, 07:16:11 pm »
We really need to get away from the topic of these being touted, its unfair to speculate specifically on a few hundred tickets rather than the other 54000. 
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: October 13, 2016, 07:35:32 pm »
We really need to get away from the topic of these being touted, its unfair to speculate specifically on a few hundred tickets rather than the other 54000.
100% agree.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: October 13, 2016, 10:26:26 pm »

Why? The specific aim of selling these tickets is to get more locals into ground. Is it fair that others are missing out because of these greedy c*nts, who should be outed?

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #297 on: October 14, 2016, 12:31:56 am »
I think they mean people don't have much evidence yet, but if they do they could pass it to the club. Might need to hand fire and just watch and ask? ???
We are a team of one half.

Offline sharkeyb

• Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #298 on: October 14, 2016, 07:30:49 am »
Exactly, making assumptuons that this is widespred when its actually not in my eyes puts the scheme at risk

If youre worried that local people arnt getting im then maybe vent your anger towards people who live outside the city whove changed their address so theyre able to purchase in these sales.

Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
« Reply #299 on: October 14, 2016, 09:26:39 am »
Aye, can't say I've seen any evidence of touting of the £9 tickets save for the one or two examples given in this thread? I know different lads who have variously got tickets for Leicester, United, West Brom & Spurs. All good local lads who've been given a chance to get to game semi-regularly, sing their hearts out and support the team of the town they grew up in where they might not have otherwise been able to do so and wouldn't dream of making a quick buck on them.

Obviously there might always be a bad apple or two (and I agree paper tickets does increase the chances of this) but there is zero evidence that the problem of touting is any worse here than the lads with X amount of memberships in the rest of the ground.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: October 14, 2016, 02:18:26 pm »
I wonder if it's because its easy for a steward to take the paper ticket off someone if they suspect it's been sold on? rather than causing a fuss with a card.

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #301 on: October 14, 2016, 02:23:08 pm »
They should do scouse tests at the gates for local tickets. What does 'boss tha', 'me heads chocker' and 'givin it bifters' mean?
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: October 14, 2016, 02:29:54 pm »
They should do scouse tests at the gates for local tickets. What does 'boss tha', 'me heads chocker' and 'givin it bifters' mean?

Don't need to do that.  If they had decent stewards they could spot the wool scruffs a mile off.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
« Reply #303 on: October 14, 2016, 07:27:14 pm »
Don't need to do that.  If they had decent stewards they could spot the wool scruffs a mile off.

:lmao

Offline ic843

• Choose Everton
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cally's heroes
« Reply #304 on: October 14, 2016, 10:38:41 pm »
Thing is Liverpool is very multicultural these days. I Live in Kenny and my next door neighbour to the right is Kosovan and my next door neighbour to the left is Polish. 2 doors down on the right we have crack heads. So I didn't think anything of it when sat in my £9 seat I had an Irish person to my left, a Chinese Person to my right and a lad from Saint Helens 2 seats down to the left.

Just sayin
Taylor Report 278 ""It is fair to say that over many years the South Yorkshire Police have given excellent service to the public...Unforunately, their policing on April 15 broke down in the ways described, and although there were other causes, the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control."
BOYCOTT THE S*N

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #305 on: October 14, 2016, 10:41:43 pm »
Sounded like a decent bunch of lads them til you mentioned St Ellins
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
« Reply #306 on: October 18, 2016, 11:36:05 am »
Has anyone who got one for West Brom had it through in the post yet?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: October 18, 2016, 11:59:56 am »
Has anyone who got one for West Brom had it through in the post yet?

No, not had mine!! Only got my United ticket on the Friday

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
« Reply #308 on: October 18, 2016, 12:08:45 pm »
No, not had mine!! Only got my United ticket on the Friday

Ah right no worries. Was thinking I got my Leicester in good time before but might have misremembered that!

Offline sharkeyb

• Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #309 on: October 18, 2016, 03:57:30 pm »
nothing through for WBA yet

wouldn't suprise me if they activated cards
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: October 18, 2016, 05:32:57 pm »
nothing through for WBA yet

wouldn't suprise me if they activated cards

No pretty sure it'll be the same, paper tickets

Offline sharkeyb

• Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #311 on: October 19, 2016, 08:30:25 am »
seemed a but busier thir morning, still managed to sort our 4 out though
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: October 19, 2016, 08:37:32 am »
seemed a but busier thir morning, still managed to sort our 4 out though

What time are getting into the queue mate?

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: October 19, 2016, 09:54:10 am »
I was in the queue at 7:16 on laptop and phone (house wifi and phone 4G) 6 and 4 mins in the queue and was sold out when i got through.  :no :no :no :no

additional sale on monday

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: October 19, 2016, 10:19:20 am »
I've tried loads of combinations laptop, iPad, iPhone!! Going into the queue at different times to see if anything works

It's totally random!!! I got a single this morning but don't know how people r picking up multiples

Offline sharkeyb

• Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #315 on: October 19, 2016, 10:26:47 am »
It's just luck it really is.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: October 19, 2016, 10:27:38 am »
It's just luck it really is.

Yeah 3/5 so far for me!!! Not bad really

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2016, 11:28:14 am »
Totally random , again tried 4 devices at different times, got a single with the laptop that had a 3 minute queue.  Interestingly my daughter was in U1 against Utd with two Swedes next to her. Should rename this The Global Sale.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: October 19, 2016, 11:58:43 am »
Totally random , again tried 4 devices at different times, got a single with the laptop that had a 3 minute queue.  Interestingly my daughter was in U1 against Utd with two Swedes next to her. Should rename this The Global Sale.

When we won the capital of culture our slogan was 'The World in One City'  ;D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: October 19, 2016, 12:25:04 pm »

We bought in the local members sale for United and was plenty of non-locals knocking about. I don't mean like wools, I mean people who quite obviously are not from or living in this City. I honestly believe that they should ID people and if the ID doesn't match the card or the name on the paper ticket, the person who bought it is banned from buying tickets cos it takes the absolute piss.

I wouldn't be arsed as much if wankers want to buy in the normal members sale and then sell on, but the supporters committee have worked hard to get this initiative off the ground to give local people the chance to buy and get to games and then fucking dickheads are buying them up, the cheap ones and the members ones and then selling them on.