Author Topic: League cup draw  (Read 155769 times)

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
Re: League cup draw
« Reply #1320 on: November 30, 2016, 10:21:17 pm »
Shite draw.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #1321 on: November 30, 2016, 10:22:19 pm »
Happy with that for selfish reasons!

Anyone with both always so far be safe I'm sure (although famous last words given our TO sometimes!)

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1322 on: November 30, 2016, 10:34:19 pm »
2nd leg at home on 24th/25th Jan.

Us and United are playing on Saturday 21st, Hull Sunday 22nd and Southampton are due to play on Monday 23rd. Will they move their game given it's scheduled for TV?

They'll probably move Southamton's game back to Saturday.. maybe it'll have to forego TV given there isn't a free slot on the Saturday now

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1323 on: November 30, 2016, 10:36:57 pm »
2nd leg at home on 24th/25th Jan.

Us and United are playing on Saturday 21st, Hull Sunday 22nd and Southampton are due to play on Monday 23rd. Will they move their game given it's scheduled for TV?
Hull are live on tv on Sunday the 22nd I think we are certs for both Tuesday fixtures with the Southampton league game on Monday the 23rd being re arranged
Kenny Godglish

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #1324 on: November 30, 2016, 10:38:55 pm »
Hull are live on tv on Sunday the 22nd I think we are certs for both Tuesday fixtures with the Southampton league game on Monday the 23rd being re arranged

Why will the 1st leg not be on a Wednesday?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 10:40:39 pm by xRedmanLFCx »
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #1325 on: November 30, 2016, 10:39:00 pm »
Haha the Guardian headline at the draw....

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #1326 on: November 30, 2016, 10:40:47 pm »
Chances of getting a final ticket with all home games if we get through?

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1327 on: November 30, 2016, 10:42:13 pm »
Why will the 1st leg not be on a Wednesday?
last season both legs against  Stoke were on Tuesday that's the logic I'm following anyway.
Kenny Godglish

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1328 on: November 30, 2016, 10:42:57 pm »

Ballot (unless your a STH with all in which case prob cert?)

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #1329 on: November 30, 2016, 10:43:50 pm »

Not a STH sadly.

Would love to watch the Reds at Wembley.  Never been before.  :)

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1330 on: November 30, 2016, 10:51:44 pm »

Would rather take my chances in the ticket sales first come first serve than a ballot.

How did it work last season for the final?

The villa game was a ticket sale and not a ballot

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1331 on: November 30, 2016, 10:53:10 pm »
Should be ok for the away leg with Derby?

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #1332 on: November 30, 2016, 10:53:21 pm »

Last year 3 matches got you a final ticket, 2 was a ballot

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1333 on: November 30, 2016, 10:57:48 pm »
Be the same for league, just over 3k, they'll get whole lower annie road most likely
Why do we give them the whole Annie road lower and we only get a league allocation ?
Kenny Godglish

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #1334 on: November 30, 2016, 10:59:53 pm »
Why do we give them the whole Annie road lower and we only get a league allocation ?

We have 20k more seats, and we gave Stoke basically the whole lower annie last season
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: November 30, 2016, 11:06:06 pm »
Was only £18 last time hopefully they charge something similar again.

We got 3,099 last time and they went on sale to those with Bournemouth an Chelsea away guaranteed.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: November 30, 2016, 11:10:46 pm »
do you think many spares will be floating about for the away leg you reckon?
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: November 30, 2016, 11:17:03 pm »

STH and members were in the same ballot last year, fingers crossed they do the same again
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Knickers

• Dreams about being fisted by Thiago, followed by a good bone rattling.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1338 on: November 30, 2016, 11:18:12 pm »
Chances of getting an away ticket having been to Spurs but not Leeds?

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: November 30, 2016, 11:25:18 pm »
Southampton game scheduled for Monday 23rd is being moved to Sunday lunchtime. Still leaves both them and Hull playing Sunday 22nd so 2nd leg could still either be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1340 on: November 30, 2016, 11:28:56 pm »
Chances of getting an away ticket having been to Spurs but not Leeds?
No chance the criteria will be based on away League cup credits.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Knickers

• Dreams about being fisted by Thiago, followed by a good bone rattling.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1341 on: November 30, 2016, 11:30:13 pm »
No chance the criteria will be based on away League cup credits.
Alright thanks

Offline didopich

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1342 on: November 30, 2016, 11:30:17 pm »
Last season 3 homes got you Wembley and 2 got u a ballot but this year the extra 8k at in the new stand may change things although isnt 5-6k of those hospitality so they wont be many picking 3 on those

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #1343 on: November 30, 2016, 11:37:04 pm »
all hospitality members are guaranteed the final aren't they?! Will lessen members allocation for sure

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: November 30, 2016, 11:43:49 pm »
all hospitality members are guaranteed the final aren't they?! Will lessen members allocation for sure
Not sure. Maybe only higher level now. We will hopefully find out

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1345 on: December 1, 2016, 12:34:30 am »
Not sure. Maybe only higher level now. We will hopefully find out
Reds Premier club and the new dugout ie the so called low level hospitality (even though the cheapest dugout is just shy of 4 grand a season) are only guaranteed a ticket to semi finals and finals where LFC receive an allocation of over 23500 tickets the contract further states  that if LFC receives fewer than 23500 tickets the purchase of such tickets may be subject to selling criteria and/or ballot and no guarantee is given that you will be able to purchase a ticket.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2016, 12:36:51 am by RedPat »
Kenny Godglish

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1346 on: December 1, 2016, 12:35:50 am »
A chartered train to Southampton would be nice

Offline GeorgeB

• Main Stander
« Reply #1347 on: December 1, 2016, 12:49:28 am »
Personally If we do get to the final I think it will Be like last time 3 homes guarantee 2 gets you in ballot just this time round the people on 2 will have a less chance

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1348 on: December 1, 2016, 01:03:50 am »
Reds Premier club and the new dugout ie the so called low level hospitality (even though the cheapest dugout is just shy of 4 grand a season) are only guaranteed a ticket to semi finals and finals where LFC receive an allocation of over 23500 tickets the contract further states  that if LFC receives fewer than 23500 tickets the purchase of such tickets may be subject to selling criteria and/or ballot and no guarantee is given that you will be able to purchase a ticket.
So they are ok for domestic finals then. European finals they may well struggle. Even CL/Europa finals in a 70000+ stadium normally gives around 20000 per team.

In summary, more tickets will be lost from the general pot for domestic finals. The infamous Parry numbers game from Athens 2007 said 5-6k are used for corporates/sponsors/players/ex players and other 'commitments'. Expect this to be more like 8-10k now. Towards the higher end of that figure if it's a Liverpool v Man U final.

Thankful I have away credits in all cup competitions. All homes unlikely to ever guarantee a final ever again.

However, people need to remember these people have paid a lot of money up front for ALL HOMES IN ALL COMPETITIONS. If I had paid £4k for one of these I would expect a guaranteed final ticket to be honest.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2016, 01:06:14 am by Tiger Tony »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1349 on: December 1, 2016, 01:06:05 am »

Mental that, expect our final ends to be full of even more tory gobshites and whoppers
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1350 on: December 1, 2016, 01:45:47 am »
So they are ok for domestic finals then. European finals they may well struggle. Even CL/Europa finals in a 70000+ stadium normally gives around 20000 per team.

In summary, more tickets will be lost from the general pot for domestic finals. The infamous Parry numbers game from Athens 2007 said 5-6k are used for corporates/sponsors/players/ex players and other 'commitments'. Expect this to be more like 8-10k now. Towards the higher end of that figure if it's a Liverpool v Man U final.

Thankful I have away credits in all cup competitions. All homes unlikely to ever guarantee a final ever again.

However, people need to remember these people have paid a lot of money up front for ALL HOMES IN ALL COMPETITIONS. If I had paid £4k for one of these I would expect a guaranteed final ticket to be honest.
Might be a couple of thousand extra around this season for the final seeing as there is no cup sponsor I am sure Capital one, Carling,Worthingtons,Coca Cola, etc got a shit load of tickets for the final when they sponsored the cherished League cup.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1351 on: December 1, 2016, 01:46:07 am »
Mental that, expect our final ends to be full of even more tory gobshites and whoppers

Loyalty for sale.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1352 on: December 1, 2016, 01:49:58 am »

The dug out is a shit deal really it's only a grand less than the higher level hospitality and you don't get into the away ballot and won't automatically get European finals.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1353 on: December 1, 2016, 01:53:13 am »

Not arsed how much they've paid.  They shouldn't have any more right than a person whose paid for £9 tickets for every round of the competition.  There's loads of reason why our final crowds are so shit, this is just one of them.  After paying my money for each round of the competition I'd like a guarantee that I'm not sat next to some prick in a suit on a corporate jolly for the top bantz.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #1354 on: December 1, 2016, 06:42:31 am »

League cup you have to give 10% of your capacity so the minimum we have to give them is 5.4k. Can't see them wanting the full allocation though.

Fa cup should be interesting as you have to give 15% so assume we will just give teams the whole anny road end

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #1355 on: December 1, 2016, 06:54:25 am »
Personally If we do get to the final I think it will Be like last time 3 homes guarantee 2 gets you in ballot just this time round the people on 2 will have a less chance

This sounds about right.

Remember only 3% with 2 matches last season was unsuccessful in the ballot!
« Last Edit: December 1, 2016, 07:08:09 am by kalle-anka »

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #1356 on: December 1, 2016, 07:53:05 am »
A final would probably be 4 games guaranteed. STH with 3 guaranteed and members with 3 into a ballot. Loads will have the 3 home games so they'll make sure the away credits for one game are used as well
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1357 on: December 1, 2016, 09:07:38 am »
We've got a semi final to win first, boys and girls! :wave

Yep!

Though just a warning, the trains are fucking shite again ;D

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1358 on: December 1, 2016, 09:37:51 am »
For those who asked (cba to quote), I think there will be a few spares for this.

Plenty of people wont be able to make the trip down especially not long after xmas
« Last Edit: December 1, 2016, 09:57:24 am by PaulKS »

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1359 on: December 1, 2016, 09:38:03 am »
Brutal draw. Fuck sake. Desperate for a good evening game, gonna need to get lucky with a fa cup replay.