Author Topic: Liverpool vs Sheffield United (Premier League) - 19:30, Thursday 4th April  (Read 15594 times)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Liverpool vs Sheffield United

19:30, Thursday 4th April
Anfield, Liverpool
Premier League
Referee: Stuart Attwell

Top meets bottom in the Premier League on Thursday, as Sheffield United travel west to face Liverpool at Anfield. The hosts regained control of the league table on Sunday, beating Brighton & Hove Albion 2-1 shortly before Manchester City and Arsenal played out a goalless draw – Jürgen Klopp’s side have dropped points just once (drawing 1-1 with City three weeks ago) in the six games since losing away to Arsenal in early February. Chris Wilder’s Sheffield United have drawn their last two matches (away to Bournemouth and home to Fulham) but prop up the table on just fifteen points, the visitors languishing seven points from safety.

The sides last met in early December, with the Brammall Lane fixture representing the first match of Chris Wilder’s second spell in charge of the Blades – they went into that game bottom of the table, and have remained there since. The Reds (decked out in purple that night), claimed an away victory courtesy of a first-half goal from Virgil Van Dijk and a second – in second-hand injury time – from Dominic Szoboszlai.

The last Anfield meeting between the sides took place in late-October 2000 – after an excellent 2019-20, Wilder’s side had started the season in dire form and sat 19th on just a single point after five matches; Champions Liverpool, meanwhile, had dropped points in their previous matches (a remarkable 7-2 defeat away to Aston Villa and a 2-2 draw with Everton at Goodison Park) after winning their opening trio of matches. Sheffield United took the lead on the day, courtesy of an early Sander Berge penalty, but Bobby Firmino levelled matters before half-time and Diogo Jota scored the winning goal of the match midway through the second half. The Reds’ puzzling form continued through autumn before collapsing alarmingly during the winter (in a run that saw them lose six consecutive home matches in the league) – a late-season surge saw them finish in a very decent (given the context) third-place. The Blades were bottom of the table within a couple of weeks, and remained there until the end of the season – Wilder was dismissed in mid-March, but Paul Heckingbottom’s side ended up over sixteen points from safety.

Much of the squad that had seen Sheffield United promoted in 2019 remained together following the Blades’ relegation in 2021, but a downside to this was that they carried their form into the 2021-22 campaign too. Former Yugoslavian midfielder and Watford & Fulham manager, Slaviša Jokanović had taken charge for the new season, but his side took just two points from their opening five matches and he was sacked in late-November – United sat 16th, having won just six of their opening nineteen matches. Having been interim manager following Chris Wilder’s dismissal the following season, Paul Heckingbottom was again the man that Sheffield United turned to – this time on a permanent basis. The Blades’ form improved dramatically – they won his first three matches, and eased their way into the playoff positions by the time spring came around. Having finished fifth, Sheffield United were ultimately denied promotion after losing their semi-final against eventually-promoted Nottingham Forest on penalties – it was their form during the first half of the season that really did the damage, however, and they should really have been competing with Fulham and Bournemouth for the automatic-promotion spots.

The 2022-23 season was much more straightforward for Sheffield United. With Heckingbottom at the helm for the duration, they were early-season leaders during the final weeks of summer and – despite two poor periods of form – spent most of the season in the second-place in which they would finish, achieving promotion with a comfortable eleven point margin over eventual playoff-winners Luton Town. Only champions Burnley conceded fewer goals than the Blades last season, with only Burnley and Middlesbrough scoring more – forwards Iliman Ndiaye & Olly McBurnie, along with midfielder James McAtee (on loan from Manchester City) provided most of the goals for the side.

Unfortunately for Sheffield United, that security & sharpness of last season has deserted them entirely this time out – after three quarters of the season, the Blades have scored the least and conceded the most goals of any team in the Premier League, and top-flight survival from this point on would represent one of the league’s greatest escapes. The departure of Ndiaye – signed by Marseille for a reported £20m – appears significant, although quite what difference the forward could have made to the Blades’ actual points tally is difficult to predict. Camerson Archer and Bénie Traoré were the forwards signed in the summer to provide goals, but the former has scored just four league goals and the latter has departed on loan after failing to score in his paltry eight appearances. Heckingbottom was dismissed in early-December, with United having just a win and two draws to show for their first fourteen league matches. Only two wins and four draws have been earned in the fifteen matches since, with Chris Wilder having returned to the club he had previously represented as both player and manager. The Blades are very likely to be relegated this season, and it will be interesting to see what decisions the owners take – it seems fair to suggest that perhaps this ‘era’ is coming to a close for the club, and that a bit of a reset is needed for the club to mount a bid for longer-term top-flight stability a little further down the line.

Daft as it seems to not acknowledge the sense of pressure around any team in the relegation zone, Sheffield United’s plight seems almost impossible to the extent that there can reasonably be no real pressure on them this midweek. The real pressure is instead on table-toppers Liverpool, as they look to maintain retain or regain – depending on the Arsenal and Manchester City results – control of the league table during this final stretch of Jürgen Klopp’s tenure. Luis Díaz and Alexis Mac Allister turned in eye-catching performances again Brighton & Hove Albion at the weekend, but injuries have tested the resolve of the Reds’ squad this season and so some changes are to be expected. Harvey Elliott, Ryan Gravenberch, and Cody Gakpo – each introduced from the bench on Sunday – will all be in the running for a start, perhaps along with unused substitutes Andy Robertson and Ibrahima Konate; Curtis Jones is also set for a return to the matchday squad, following his recent injury lay off. The league table is very tight with nine matches to go, and Klopp will need to continue to use his squad wisely to positive effective if the Reds are to close in on the domestic & European prizes that they covet.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2024, 02:50:37 pm by jackh »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: Liverpool vs Sheffield United (Premier League) - Thursday 4th April
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2024, 06:41:45 am »
Referee: Stuart Attwell.
Assistants: James Mainwaring, Richard West.
Fourth official: Anthony Taylor.
VAR: Chris Kavanagh.
Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2024, 07:01:22 am »
Just can't seem to escape this twat..

Hopefully we see some rotation, where possible, for this one. Shouldn't underestimate them obviously but we should be beating these even if we rotate players.

Tsimikas, Grav and Gakpo to start imo

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2024, 07:08:26 am »
Come on Redmen!!
Great detailed op on Sheffield U thanks Jack. A small correction, was there on Sun and neither Robbo or Konate came on, Konate was on bench though. From what I heard they are both likely to be available for Thursday with Jones also good to go. I suspect all three will be on the bench with the three subs that were used, Gakpo, Gravenberch and Elliott starting. I wonder if Danny and Clark may get a start but Klopp will be aware that they are resilient and have started scoring goals so may not want that much rotation. We need to start better and get ahead, should be a chance to win well if do.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2024, 07:47:33 am »

I hope Klopp gives some very kind words about how much he's appreciated his work and that he'll miss him.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2024, 08:04:57 am »
go strong and target goal difference we have the attacking power to do so.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #6 on: April 2, 2024, 08:27:45 am »
Just stay focused and win the game early. 

There is no need to chase goal difference with another game on the Sunday.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: April 2, 2024, 08:28:23 am »
I'd agree. Go strong and get that goal difference up...but don't chase it. I hope Klopp has a word to our attack about remaining calm and doing the right thing in the right moments. We've been so wasteful recently.

United play Chelsea same time as we play and doubt they will rotate. Start everyone. Kill the game. Then make changes....if we're already up the subs will keep scoring.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8 on: April 2, 2024, 08:28:25 am »
Cheered Jack, great read.

Arsenal could potentially stuck a few past Luton. Think in a way it’s good they play first and we’ll know what they’ve done. Doubt it’ll change how we approach things but might conceivably do if they win by 3 or 4 rather than just one.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 2, 2024, 08:31:02 am »

Only Arsenal 11+ in two matches and Villa 5+ in one match from the Top 4 have gone to town with these. Brighton 5+, KSA United 8+ and even Burnley with 5+ have enjoyed some fortune against them.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #10 on: April 2, 2024, 08:41:49 am »
We should absolutely batter these.

So I’m going 0-1 down after 12 minutes.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 2, 2024, 09:34:04 am »
Thanks for the OP Jack.
Interesting to see their journey to this moment laid out so comprehensively.
You are right about only one team carrying the burden of expectations in this game.

I hope and expect we go as strong as possible and as determined and aggressive as we can from minute one. Squash any dreams of an upset, stomp them early and hard. Nothing for you here, these points are ours. I don't care about the score, just no injuries and a win please - that is honestly all that matters.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 2, 2024, 09:54:56 am »
Top intro as always Jack, nice one.

Would expect Arsenal to beat Luton comfortably tomorrow, Abu Dhabi may encounter some issues against Villa. Regardless of that, we now know if we win out, we win the prize. Game by game, win by win.

Goal difference could end up being important considering how tight it is between three sides - first priority should be to get the game won, but then to close the gap a bit on Arsenal who racked up a cricket score against this lot at Bramall Lane. Hopefully we can get ahead early with a classic flying start rather than encounter any issues coming from behind.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #13 on: April 2, 2024, 11:12:44 am »
Come on Redmen!!
Great detailed op on Sheffield U thanks Jack. A small correction, was there on Sun and neither Robbo or Konate came on, Konate was on bench though. From what I heard they are both likely to be available for Thursday with Jones also good to go. I suspect all three will be on the bench with the three subs that were used, Gakpo, Gravenberch and Elliott starting. I wonder if Danny and Clark may get a start but Klopp will be aware that they are resilient and have started scoring goals so may not want that much rotation. We need to start better and get ahead, should be a chance to win well if do.

Cheers - no idea where I got that in my head from...can assure you I was watching on Sunday too! Probably more just a result of burning the midnight oil last night ;D

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 2, 2024, 11:18:59 am »
Having watched the highlights of the Sheff Utd 3 - 3 Fulham game I didn't see anything that suggested they've turned a corner.  Massively outplayed, three goals out of the blue, massively outplayed.  Hopefully Holgate and McBurnie can resist the urge to put any of our players in the stands.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 2, 2024, 11:22:03 am »
Fucking stupid time for a game. Thursday at 7:30, fucking shite

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 2, 2024, 11:29:42 am »
guessing a few things
-Tsimikas start, and Bradley/Gomez sharing minutes on the right
-Gakpo starts, with Nunez rested ready to come on second half
-Elliot gets the midfield start he deserves (yay!), but probably means he won't start at united where we'll need him more (boo!)
-Endo Gravenberch Elliot midfield, means we rest our two most important midfielders (who also played/travelled plently for internationals)
-That midfield probably won't happen, because we'll need to sub off Diaz and Mo
-Hopefully Curtis can make the squad, and we're in a great enough position that we don't need to bring on one of Mac/Szobo/Nunez and they can enjoy the rest
« Last Edit: April 2, 2024, 11:31:15 am by classycarra »

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 2, 2024, 11:31:37 am »
Really hope we start hard and fast, would be nice to boost our goal difference. If we score a couple I can see them folding.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan

I honestly don’t think Jurgen is going to rest a bunch of starters. It’s not how he keeps players fresh. The far safer way is to start with our best team, have the game won after an hour, then make a bunch of changes.

If anything he might give starts to a few others in the Europa but even then nothing exotic (ie Quansah for Konate).

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great OP.

Start fast, kill the game and then make a bunch of changes would be my preference. They have Chelsea at the weekend, maybe Wilder would be more optimistic about winning that one instead and making changes for this, every little helps. Duno if it’s just me but anyone else really hate Chris Wilder?
« Last Edit: April 2, 2024, 12:07:20 pm by rawcusk8 »
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
I honestly don’t think Jurgen is going to rest a bunch of starters. It’s not how he keeps players fresh. The far safer way is to start with our best team, have the game won after an hour, then make a bunch of changes.

If anything he might give starts to a few others in the Europa but even then nothing exotic (ie Quansah for Konate).
I agree.  Whilst they'll surely take the Man U game into consideration they'll be prioritising Sheff Utd first and foremost.  Thursday >> Sunday isn't alien to us and at least this time Man U have the same schedule whereas they had a free week ahead of the FA Cup game.

That said, we did have five senior players on the bench against Brighton and those have all been starters at various points in the season.  I'd think Konate, Elliott and Gakpo would all be in with a decent shout while Tsimikas and Gravenberch could also come in.  I don't think Elliott and Gakpo did themselves any favours with their odd game management against Brighton but they're both very good players.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
If we had a lot of injuries going into this like what we had before the Luton game, the narrative would be that "Oh, we have so many big players missing and this would be harder than it should be because it's a must-win". Also, the narrative was that going out of the FA cup would help us in the league.

Now that our injury situation is better, why should we weaken our team for a must-win game? I just don't get it. This game is more important than the United game because any dropped points points and we throw away the advantage we just gained. This is the run-in now and playing strong teams is normal. That's why we pay the big boys so much.

We have to respect Sheffield United and play a very strong lineup with the hope of securing the points early. Then, we can see it out and have one eye on the United game. Any talk of GD before the game is disrespectful because imagine how we'd feel if we go a goal down. The aim should be to win. GD should only come into our minds when we have a comfortable lead.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2024, 01:14:03 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Game management has not been great the past few games for us (the last few minutes against Man U and the first and last 6 minutes against Brighton). I want to see that change.

Win at all costs and then look to getting that goal difference gap down (which will come naturally if we win). But get and keep control of the game

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
start strong and build up a a solid lead, then protect the main men asap and see if the bench can rack up more goals.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Should be a game in which we dominate and retain our position at the top of the league at full time. A nice atmosphere too hopefully knowing what we have to do to win the league. More goals the merrier, because they're obviously poor defensively first and foremost. In fact we've got players who should be lining up to score here.

Kelleher
Gomez   Konate   VVD   Tsimikas
Endo   Mac Allister   Elliott
Salah   Gakpo   Diaz

Only a few changes for me, with some to come off the bench. Gakpo's not really in form but given the opposition it might be an opportunity to make sure Nunez isn't playing 90 minutes every game, but at this stage of the season following this match I think it should mostly just be the same side, the strongest we can put out when everyone is hopefully back fit. There should be plenty of options off the bench here, Jones/Gravenberch, one of Szobo or Elliott, Gakpo or Nunez etc, Bradley. Maybe even just play Konate for an hour and then bring Quansah on to see it out, or vice versa.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Forgot to say earlier but presumably VVD rests this game having played his silly international games, and leading in Europe and away to united being more important. Quansah deserves the start too

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
Thinking about GD heading into this game isn't the right attitude to have so I hope the players don't think like that. We just need to collect the 3 points and the goals will take care of itself.

That said I would rotate the team from the Brighton game and looking to the Mancs at the weekend. I would rest VVD, Gomez and Diaz for this game and give starts to Ibou, Kostas and Gakpo. I'd probably give Elliott a game too or at least give 45mins each to him and Dom.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Going to be hard to overcome Atwell and his boys.

No doubt he 'won't see' any penalties that we should have, but I reckon he'll give one to them and send a couple of ours off for 'looking at him funny' - all set up nicely for the Mancs on Sunday with his mate, Manchester United's very own Antony Taylor getting ready to send Klopp to the stands.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Going to be hard to overcome Atwell and his boys.

No doubt he 'won't see' any penalties that we should have, but I reckon he'll give one to them and send a couple of ours off for 'looking at him funny' - all set up nicely for the Mancs on Sunday with his mate, Manchester United's very own Antony Taylor getting ready to send Klopp to the stands.

Do you go to bed thinking about referees Andy? Seriously. How about just enjoying the final nine games of Klopp's reign instead of this endless obsession with referees?  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Do you go to bed thinking about referees Andy? Seriously. How about just enjoying the final nine games of Klopp's reign instead of this endless obsession with referees?  :o

We'd be 9 points clear if games were officiated honestly. Doesn't that piss you off? We're likely to miss out on another league by a point or two again.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
We'd be 9 points clear if games were officiated honestly. Doesn't that piss you off? We're likely to miss out on another league by a point or two again.

No one knows how this season is going to end, as for pissing me off we need better referees but it's pointless going on about something you have no control over. I've had a bad enough day as it is, so I certainly won't be thinking about referees today or tomorrow.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
We'd be 9 points clear if games were officiated honestly.* Doesn't that piss you off? We're likely to miss out on another league by a point or two again.

* if you directly reverse the decisions that you've selected that went against you, reverse none of the decisions that went against your opponents, and then had the remaining time in those games play out exactly the same as perviously

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
We could go strong and make a lot of changes if the match goes our way.....
Or rest a couple while staying relatively strong.....

We won't be starting with a weak team but this is really the only fixture we have left in which we can afford to maybe rest some legs (unless of course we do really well in first leg of Europa also to make the 2nd leg a bit easier) with absolutely no disrespect to sheffield utd. But they are where they are and we are where we are for a reason...

But klopp usually goes as strong as possible and that's what I expect.

I hope its an incident free all-round "good feels" kinda game. With frequent goals by us....a clean sheet and low intensity.
3 points is an absolute must.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2024, 02:13:24 pm by redk84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Thinking about GD heading into this game isn't the right attitude to have so I hope the players don't think like that. We just need to collect the 3 points and the goals will take care of itself.

That said I would rotate the team from the Brighton game and looking to the Mancs at the weekend. I would rest VVD, Gomez and Diaz for this game and give starts to Ibou, Kostas and Gakpo. I'd probably give Elliott a game too or at least give 45mins each to him and Dom.
This talk about resting players (weakening our team in a must-win game) and padding our GD sounds like complacency. Even with a strong side, we found it hard to put them away earlier on in the season.

We are used to competing on two fronts with us reaching 3 CL finals in 5 years. With CL football,  you have to play strong teams twice or three times a week and I can't remember us voluntarily weakening our team for any league game. This is the real world, not FIFA and the league is our bread and butter.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2024, 02:50:07 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
* if you directly reverse the decisions that you've selected that went against you, reverse none of the decisions that went against your opponents, and then had the remaining time in those games play out exactly the same as perviously

So we could be over 9 points ahead!  :o

;)  ;D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 2, 2024, 02:46:37 pm »
We should absolutely batter these.

So I’m going 0-1 down after 12 minutes.

Yep. Going for another record these reds !!!

Great OP Jack. Really enjoying these OP's of late, even Andy's monumental opus a few games ago.

As for the game I think Tsimikas, Elliott, Ryan, Konaté and Curtis will all get a run out plus Sunday's starters in some mix or other. Probably start strong, as others have said. I'm hoping for any win and no injuries. Everything else is a bonus.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
Hopefully we can hit them hard quickly and have a comfortable lead early on so we can make some changes for the players for resting and playing time.
Believer

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
This talk about resting players (weakening our team in a must-win game) and padding our GD sounds like complacency.
That's because it is complacency.  Klopp will be on that fast if he senses it in the squad.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That's because it is complacency.  Klopp will be on that fast if he senses it in the squad.
'alright lads. good win, now onto sheffield. we did a lot of things well on sunday, but i've been on RAWK and i'm afraid I've diagnosed there's a bout of prematch thread complacency going round. so take that on board, and if any of you start to write things like a forum poster i'll be onto you'

easy, this

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It doesn't matter a shiny shite what anyone says here. If someone predicts 10-0, that has no bearing on the players attitude towards the game. I think they're all professional enough to do their job as the coaches and manager want them to, not what some dickhead on RAWK says.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT