Author Topic: Everything That Could Go Wrong, Did Go Wrong  (Read 915 times)

Offline GavBelfast

• Anny Roader
Everything That Could Go Wrong, Did Go Wrong
« on: December 16, 2001, 08:38:27 pm »
I'm beginning to think that, when the fixtures come out, Liverpool and Chelsea should seek permission to forego the fixtures against each other and just share the points.

If ever there was a sign that we are jinxed at that ground, it was today.

Whenever does a team win 4-0, and it's their goal-keeper who is the hero and the clear man-of-the-match?

Cudicini was exceptional, and either held-on or got lucky with rebounds to safety with every shot, whereas Dudek either fumbled (totally uncharacteristically) or got no luck at all.

The panalty save - again, GK guessed right and held onto the ball - summed the whole thing up.  

That coupled with an illness and injury crisis on the day just meant it was never going to be.  But we did create chances and, on another day, would have scored a few.  Who knows if Owen would have put one or two of them (or the penalty?) away?  

If we blow it, last Wednesday's draw - when the performance was, in mnay ways, poorer than today's - will prove to have been more costly in our Championship quest.

Sure, I'm disappointed and these dropped points provide a dose of realism, but it doesn't make me in any way pessimistic for next Sunday, when we will likely now go into the match second on goal difference.

C'mon Reds, time to show your mettle and refute the detractors (and there are plenty of them)!      
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »