Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by ScottishGoon on Today at 10:03:59 pm »
Never said you did. (Often the 'you' is a general comment, meaning 'Arsenal'.) But what I'm saying is, you'll (Arsenal) have to automatically improve. Not 'maybe'. This is the consequence of being the team trying to push City to the absolute limit. But already, there are Arsenal fans saying, well, KDB's getting older and Walker's getting slower, like City will won't make the adjustments to replace them. Maybe all this will change when Pep's gone. Or maybe the game itself is already gone.

I know we’ll need to improve, and I look forward to seeing if we can do that. All I’m saying is that I don’t take it for granted that we will like some are accusing me of.

I know the challenge and I know it’s a feckin difficult one, but let’s give it a go! If not we can all just hope Pep fecks off in a season or so.

Yes unlike normal winning teams that have cycles, their cycle could potentially never end because they have unlimited funds and are allowed to operate outside ffp regulations. It is obscene.
We just have to keep knocking on the door and hope they get served some justice, on the filed or off it.

I’m not sure mate. They’ve been built up for years with the sole purpose of luring Guardiola as manager. The signed Barca executive’s, and built the off the field structure all around hiring him.

I think when he goes, there’s a chance that the club might need a bit of a reset, as I wouldn’t be surprised if the likes of Soriano and Begiristain go with him.
I don’t think they’ll go away, but I think they’ll come back to the chasing pack at least.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Liverpool Audio/Video Thread
« Last post by oojason on Today at 10:03:29 pm »

a top youtube playlist of 272+ Liverpool matches (mainly highlights)...

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8JTyDNixWe42aCl3gVjgA7vnSTP6j4jN

^ 'Football Clubs - Liverpool' - by NBV_Football

There are a few other quality playlists on Liverpool that can be found in...

'a mini-index for RAWK's 'Liverpool/Audio Video Thread' : www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

''Season Review' videos (from 1987/88 onwards) & some older 'Club History' videos' : www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=328573.msg18013134#msg18013134

Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)
« Last post by decosabute on Today at 10:02:49 pm »
Completely agree.

Seems like a really good guy who genuinely loves the club…. but he’s just a level below the standard.. probably due to his body type more than anything. Lacks pace and strength.  And even his skill is very inconsistent.

I get frustrated with him sometimes too, was critical of Klopp continously shoehorning him into the team last season, and yesterday I thought he was pretty headless.

But still, I think it's a little harsh to act like he's really inconsistent or lacks ability or brains (I know the last one is others and not you saying that).

Yesterday was actually his first poor-ish performance in a while. On the whole he's been a positive this season. And even when he's off it with his use of the ball, he still presses like a machine. He's got a big role to play at Liverpool over the years, either as a starter if he can improve certain aspects, or at least as a good squad player, which he's more than good enough for already.
I don’t think 99% of players care about rivalries and where the title goes anywhere near as much as fans. Players are selfish. Look at the bust up Chelsea had over that penalty.

For example, a Spurs/United forward will always care more about scoring and improving their own stats than playing a part in a Arsenal/City title win.
Furthermore, players feed off of atmosphere. I imagine the stadium will be hushed if Spurs have nothing to play for.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Alternative Premier League Table 2023-24
« Last post by Prof on Today at 10:02:02 pm »

There was a fair amount of resistance in some quarters to the smoking ban in public places but I can't see that legislation ever being undone. It's been an absolute godsend for those of us who've never smoked. My Mum always used to complain that I stunk like an old ashtray when I got home from the match or the pub  :(
I think this is different. At that time, most countries were bringing in similar legislation. Nowhere else is proposing anything like this bill, which will mean young people are entitled to smoke cigarettes, but not buy them.
Thats exactly it, unfortunately there are only 3 episodes.

An excellent recommendation is was too  :thumbup

Only three of episodes is a bit odd. How come?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Liverpool Audio/Video Thread
« Last post by oojason on Today at 09:58:30 pm »

a quality youtube playlist of 115+ full match videos on Liverpool....

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXuz--6g_otKGJZ5l06IgjRk

^ 'Liverpool full matches' - by idamaria7
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)
« Last post by Legs on Today at 09:57:49 pm »
Think people forget he has only just turned 21 he has time on his side to get better and stronger.

He is the future of this club whether people agree or not is up to them.

Even if he isn’t playing well he is always pressing and trying yes he is a kid but you don’t get that impression with some senior players going through the motions.
Can you remember the last title  winner without a top class DM? Probably United 10+ years ago. We don’t need to reinvent the wheel, we know what works.
That team had Michael Carrick, a massively underrated deep lying midfielder. He was excellent in that season where RVP won them the league.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10