Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226949 times)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #520 on: August 7, 2019, 09:13:58 am »
What a shit response. Can't even spell properly either!

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: August 7, 2019, 09:33:22 am »
Tbf, the package resellers through the club had to all bid before they got the packages. It’s all about money. They can’t have resellers in the uk because they are Liverpool. A couple of the tout reseller sites in lfc eyes outside the uk who sell hospitality packages are official resellers for other clubs like Man City . Ultimately it boils down to money.  In terms of stubhub they won’t do anything cos it’s a Irish web address.  Ticketbis closed down ie. the uk version . Only way club will do something is if the seat details are shown on the site. On stubhub ie. if u filter by electronic ticket and download for lfc vs Man City a load of hospitality tickets come up with all the seat details visible  once added to basket including row at triple face value
« Last Edit: August 7, 2019, 09:39:30 am by daindan »

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #522 on: August 7, 2019, 09:55:39 am »
Why can't they just hire someone who's job is to buy tickets online from these sites. Catch the tout and suspend them. Even if they do claim alot of the tickets on these sites are "fake", it wouldn't hurt to have someone investigate them and i'm sure sites like stubhub wouldn't like the publicity of people advertising non existent tickets.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: August 7, 2019, 10:30:53 am »
They evidently have the means to do so, as they did it pre-Madrid, but don't seem to have the will to do so.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #524 on: August 7, 2019, 10:32:22 am »
They evidently have the means to do so, as they did it pre-Madrid, but don't seem to have the will to do so.

Probably afraid of discovering that the biggest touts work for the club
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #525 on: August 9, 2019, 07:36:33 pm »
I know we are about to kick off but came across this in the echo

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/police-uncover-liverpool-fc-ticket-16731623

Hopefully they get somewhere and sort idiots like this out
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #526 on: August 9, 2019, 11:06:29 pm »
Hope so too. It's a start.  :-\ But making a statement might act as a deterrent too.

Meanwhile the 2 ST seats by me that have been touted for years until March were again empty!  >:( Early days but strange all the same. Did they renew or...? Did they get the cards back after the club confiscated them in April?

Then 3 tourists were allowed to stand at the end of the row as they "had bought genuine tickets but then found there were people in their seats"! Huh? The (useless) steward by us told us that. Just makes no sense! So move the others in their seats then! And if not, why not?? Instead they let them stand by the aisle  during the first half DESPITE there being announcements saying that persistent standing will not be allowed  ::) Not that we sat down as not a single steward came up the aisle asking (like they do sometimes). And they weren't even watching the game - one turned round to photograph the crowd when we had our first corner then they spent ages taking selfies  :butt

Then after HT another steward let them to seats at the front further along. It made as much sense as the multi-ball episode after the break when nobody seemed to know what the delay was for. So much for keeping supporters in the ground informed! :D

Going to hope it was just a blip for now... :-X
We are a team of one half.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: August 10, 2019, 03:32:59 am »
This wasn’t in 202, row 63 was it by any chance? We had been at front of Kop holding banner up so only arrived up to our seats after it had kicked off, only to find people in our 2 seats. There was 3 empty in the row in front so we presumed they had just gone in the wrong row and they didn’t seem to know so we just went in those. Shortly after either a  steward/club official came along and asked the ones behind in my seat 197 something either a name or something else I dunno what they asked really and then seemed to be ok with it and just walked off back down the steps. Then there was 3 people came along and just sort of stood there on the end of the same row (63) behind us in the aisle. Now it’s got me and my sisters all confused, questioning and a bit worried as to why they would have been asking about the seats that we should have been in, and just where exactly those 3 that came along should have been sitting and was it the seats we ended up in front. All very strange really. 🤔🤔🤔
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 03:39:26 am by stonecold_jpm »

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #528 on: August 10, 2019, 08:13:25 am »
Probably best to email the club with full details and see if they look into it
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #529 on: August 10, 2019, 09:38:33 am »
Did see 1 card get confiscated outside turnstiles to upper main, tourist asking the fan support where he was supposed to be, they printed the seat number and let him in but took the card, hope it had full loyalty now gone for touting.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: August 10, 2019, 10:38:23 am »
All these touts being caught - yet no extra seats in the members sale ?  :-X

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #531 on: August 10, 2019, 11:49:45 am »
From what I have been told, it takes a long time for the club to gather enough evidence to take action ::) so doubt we will yet. But as long as they are making progress....?  :-\

This wasn’t in 202, row 63 was it by any chance? We had been at front of Kop holding banner up so only arrived up to our seats after it had kicked off, only to find people in our 2 seats. There was 3 empty in the row in front so we presumed they had just gone in the wrong row and they didn’t seem to know so we just went in those. Shortly after either a  steward/club official came along and asked the ones behind in my seat 197 something either a name or something else I dunno what they asked really and then seemed to be ok with it and just walked off back down the steps. Then there was 3 people came along and just sort of stood there on the end of the same row (63) behind us in the aisle. Now it’s got me and my sisters all confused, questioning and a bit worried as to why they would have been asking about the seats that we should have been in, and just where exactly those 3 that came along should have been sitting and was it the seats we ended up in front. All very strange really. 🤔🤔🤔

No, further down but that does seem strange. Maybe ask the club to be sure.

I have contacted Mike (Tkt Investigation Manager) enough so not going to do it right away but think I'll keep a log of everything I am away of for now.

And the guys with hi-vis vests inside the turnstiles yesterday, just watching people coming through - what were they for?? Curiouser and curiouser....

Offline GDGLEWIS

• Main Stander
« Reply #532 on: August 10, 2019, 01:00:17 pm »
don’t know what the guys are watching for at the turnstiles. Have you ever watched the people entering the ground from the inside. If using a pap, child or concession ticket the light goes orange so if an adult comes through using one they can spot fraudulent use.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: August 10, 2019, 01:30:36 pm »

It’s frustrating but I guess as it’s a criminal matter it does take a bit of time. Also, I guess we never really know if a few extra tickets have appeared in late availability sales or whatever due to cancelled tickets.
YNWA.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: August 10, 2019, 01:35:39 pm »
Did see 1 card get confiscated outside turnstiles to upper main, tourist asking the fan support where he was supposed to be, they printed the seat number and let him in but took the card, hope it had full loyalty now gone for touting.
hope that guy got his passport back

It’s frustrating but I guess as it’s a criminal matter it does take a bit of time. Also, I guess we never really know if a few extra tickets have appeared in late availability sales or whatever due to cancelled tickets.
id assume they’d go in the late returns pot rather than the bulk sales pot

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #535 on: August 10, 2019, 10:31:05 pm »

And the guys with hi-vis vests inside the turnstiles yesterday, just watching people coming through - what were they for?? Curiouser and curiouser....

Probably the main thing they are looking for is people doubling up in the turnstiles, of which there was quite a lot of going on at the end of last season.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #536 on: August 10, 2019, 10:34:03 pm »
Probably the main thing they are looking for is people doubling up in the turnstiles, of which there was quite a lot of going on at the end of last season.
That's what I said last night but my mate said there "are now guys in hi-vis vests just before the stewards at her turnstiles so they wouldn't be needed" but I didn't see any at mine, just the stewards. It's be easier to spot from the inside too.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: August 10, 2019, 11:29:21 pm »
Ppl within the ticket office involved in this also

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: August 10, 2019, 11:39:18 pm »
Ppl within the ticket office involved in this also
this with regards to the arrests?

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #539 on: August 11, 2019, 10:57:38 am »
this with regards to the arrests?

Got to be. The charges relate to abuse of position

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: August 11, 2019, 01:15:42 pm »
Got to be. The charges relate to abuse of position
good point, can remember a few years ago a CL group game (Betis or Bordeaux) where you could see the criteria on the ticket purchase page was incredibly random (a previous CL game, some league cup games and I think a random league game), looked dodgy as and looked like someone from the TO did that to sort a mate who had that exact criteria so wouldn’t be shocked if a few are slipping a few to the touts and making a nice amount on the side, will guess now when it comes to tickets being sold they’ll do extra checks and the process becomes longer

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: August 11, 2019, 02:50:13 pm »
good point, can remember a few years ago a CL group game (Betis or Bordeaux) where you could see the criteria on the ticket purchase page was incredibly random (a previous CL game, some league cup games and I think a random league game), looked dodgy as and looked like someone from the TO did that to sort a mate who had that exact criteria so wouldn’t be shocked if a few are slipping a few to the touts and making a nice amount on the side, will guess now when it comes to tickets being sold they’ll do extra checks and the process becomes longer

Yes ppl within the ticket office taking bribes etc

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: August 11, 2019, 03:09:39 pm »
Yes ppl within the ticket office taking bribes etc
wouldnt be shocked as they can probably make more than their salary sorting the touts out with a couple of tickets per match

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: August 12, 2019, 11:11:43 am »
wouldnt be shocked as they can probably make more than their salary sorting the touts out with a couple of tickets per match

By the sounds of it I can't imagine many of the big-scale touts would accept a "no", either.

Reckon Juventus Ultras are making a fortune touting tickets since Ronaldo joined...  :o
YNWA.

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #544 on: August 12, 2019, 02:00:05 pm »
The thing is though the club will only put a few tickets more on general sale, there is a market and the club will only go ahead and introduce another corporate hospitality tier.

The clubs know it goes on but want their piece of the pie as well hence why there are so many hospitality packages which is official touting whichever we you spin it.

Couldn't agree more... I mean half of these packages now (on top of an Anny Road ticket @£48-£53 FV) will get you buffet food miles away from the ground, a reception drink, tea and coffee and a programme... the Aintree Racecourse one is priced at £360 so your paying £307-£312 for those extras!!!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: August 24, 2019, 09:02:56 pm »
Guy there in front of me going through the turnstiles. Scans 'his' members card, and waits there expecting the turnstiles to fucking open themselves!

Defo went to 4 games last season

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #546 on: August 24, 2019, 09:13:39 pm »
Guy there in front of me going through the turnstiles. Scans 'his' members card, and waits there expecting the turnstiles to fucking open themselves!

Defo went to 4 games last season

:butt  :butt  :butt

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: August 28, 2019, 09:35:07 pm »
We've received an email as below if anyone wants to participate directly .......

Thomas Dunn <Thomas.Dunn@global.com>
Aug 21, 2019, 9:29 AM (7 days ago)
to editor@redandwhitekop.net

To whom it may concern…..

My name is Tom Dunn and I’m a reporter for Global Radio (LBC, Capital, Heart) working out of Liverpool.

I’m going to be working on a piece over the next few months regarding ticket touts and the re-selling of match day tickets.

I was wondering, as a forum, you have come across many fans from abroad who have been stung by ticket touts and maybe have a contact for them?

Or if you know anyone personally who may have been affected in the past?

Let me know…..all my contact details are above.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: September 2, 2019, 06:12:19 pm »
I recently looked to register for an AC Milan card to get tickets to their derby game. (I didn't in the end I got general sale).

But a few things.

To get a card, you have to be verified, by giving your details, including a photo, a passport scan and a selfie with said things.

If you wanted to, you could then pass your ticket via their system, to another card holder.

I don't know about credits or implications.

Seems a sensible approach. (In Italy it's law to have name on ticket or card btw).

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #549 on: September 2, 2019, 09:30:16 pm »
I recently looked to register for an AC Milan card to get tickets to their derby game. (I didn't in the end I got general sale).

But a few things.

To get a card, you have to be verified, by giving your details, including a photo, a passport scan and a selfie with said things.

If you wanted to, you could then pass your ticket via their system, to another card holder.

I don't know about credits or implications.

Seems a sensible approach. (In Italy it's law to have name on ticket or card btw).

STH (and members I think..) rejected the idea of having photos linked with us a season or two ago. The club were considering it.

Italy have that law cos they're mad bastards over there. Stabbings and racism is high. Explains why Roma insisted on the club writing names on every ticket we had for our away game there

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: September 2, 2019, 10:06:27 pm »
If you buy a ticket for a serie a game you have to give your details which appear on the ticket

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: September 3, 2019, 05:55:41 pm »
STH (and members I think..) rejected the idea of having photos linked with us a season or two ago. The club were considering it.

I've heard/read the same and I try and respect and see all opinions but on face value it seems slightly mad to be against this when you've got a driving license and who knows what else with one in your pocket.

I wonder if the club sold them (or even had) a full vision, and included details on how you could swap a ticket around. I'd guess not.

I do therefore wonder if the 'we're against photos' statement is actually nothing to do with photos, and more to do with how STH cards are used - for example shared between 2 people.

Maybe photo cards should be put back on the agenda.

Reality is nobody will check anyway!

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #552 on: September 3, 2019, 06:21:08 pm »
I've heard/read the same and I try and respect and see all opinions but on face value it seems slightly mad to be against this when you've got a driving license and who knows what else with one in your pocket.

I wonder if the club sold them (or even had) a full vision, and included details on how you could swap a ticket around. I'd guess not.

I do therefore wonder if the 'we're against photos' statement is actually nothing to do with photos, and more to do with how STH cards are used - for example shared between 2 people.

The European Travel club used to have photo ID membership cards.
Long live the King

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: September 3, 2019, 06:26:40 pm »
I heard somewhere that City were bringing in face recognition at the ground. Don't know why, it's not like they have the issues we have, pay on the fucking gate there isn't it?

Anyway, people who don't want their pictures on their card are people who have something to hide and you'll never convince me otherwise.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: September 3, 2019, 07:04:55 pm »

Anyway, people who don't want their pictures on their card are people who have something to hide and you'll never convince me otherwise.
Nonsense
cyas

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: September 3, 2019, 07:25:08 pm »
Nonsense

Like I said, you'll never convince me otherwise.

I don't even know why the club gave people a choice. Do the DVLA give people a choice?

Faces on cards will dramatically reduce touting, even accounting for the fact that obviously they can't check them all on the way in.

A tout may be less likely to give his card out if it has his mug on it.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #556 on: September 3, 2019, 10:44:58 pm »
Faces on cards all day long. Combined with a decent system of transfering to a named person online, there's no down side.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #557 on: September 3, 2019, 11:43:43 pm »

All very valid points to be fair. Especially the last one  :butt

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: September 4, 2019, 10:32:31 am »
Like I said, you'll never convince me otherwise.

I don't even know why the club gave people a choice. Do the DVLA give people a choice?

Faces on cards will dramatically reduce touting, even accounting for the fact that obviously they can't check them all on the way in.

A tout may be less likely to give his card out if it has his mug on it.
Driving a car is not comparable to going to a fucking football match, fuck me.

I wouldn't trust any private entity with my photograph, i don't trust the government with it either but fuck all you can do about that.

cyas

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: September 4, 2019, 10:36:16 am »
Driving a car is not comparable to going to a fucking football match, fuck me.

I wouldn't trust any private entity with my photograph, i don't trust the government with it either but fuck all you can do about that.

I have absolutely no idea what you think the club can or will do with your photo, bloody hell

Tin foil hat stuff, this