Author Topic: EL: Liv 5 v 1 Tou Jota 9’ Dallinga 16’ Endo 30’ Nuñez 34’ Grav 65’ Mo 90+2’  (Read 10758 times)

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Wonderful seeing a game not being officiated by those fucking inbred fucking PGMOL fucking wankstains.

Makes you remember what football could look like without those fucking c*nts fucking everything up every fucking week.

I could imagine us staying in this league and being happy if we could be rid of these c*nts.
This. I was really enjoying this game. A lot.

Such a breath of fresh air compared to the normal weekly armpit breeze.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

The PL used to be a physical league. Refs have ruined that by just blowing up for everything (against us anyway) and players have got onto it by just going down at every contact for the free kick. It feels weird playing in Europe because refs actually allow contact. It used to seem more the other way around.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Wonderful seeing a game not being officiated by those fucking inbred fucking PGMOL fucking wankstains.

Makes you remember what football could look like without those fucking c*nts fucking everything up every fucking week.

I could imagine us staying in this league and being happy if we could be rid of these c*nts.

It was a very enjoyable game to watch you’re right. Good performance by the reds and plenty of positives to take

Would of been some goal for Darwin but that’s typical him

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just wanted to say I really enjoyed the commentary on TNT. Lots of enthusiasm, facts and background on players, a sense of humility.

Yeah not sure what his name is but that guy is great. Obviously helps that he commentates on a lot of European football, but he just comes across as so much more knowledgeable compared to the more well known commentators. Think it's fair to say that "Fletch" wouldn't be able to name a single Toulouse player prior to a match, and he certainly wouldn't be able to give us the same level of background on Endo, as an example.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
The PL used to be a physical league. Refs have ruined that by just blowing up for everything (against us anyway) and players have got onto it by just going down at every contact for the free kick. It feels weird playing in Europe because refs actually allow contact. It used to seem more the other way around.

Yep, I remember even 10 or so years ago, finding European refereeing frustrating. Now it's completely the other way around.

I can't stand the way the English game has gone. Feels like it's pandering to teenagers who play FIFA and don't want to see the star players ever get touched (unless it's Mo Salah, who could be shot on sight and not win a free kick).
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Overwhelming feeling was just how much fun it was to watch the Reds last night. The evening had everything I could wish for.

Jota to get a goal and keep on the boil - ✅
Nunez toget a goal and keep on the boil - ✅
Gravenberch to boss the midfield and cap his performance with a well-deserved goal - ✅
Endo to show us what he can do - ✅ Great vertical passing. Expecting a goal on top would have been greedy but he gave us a great header - ✅
Curtis to remind us what we’ve been missing - ✅
Joe Gomez with the captain’s armband - ✅
Mo Salah to get a goal - ✅
Home debuts for Academy players - ✅
Up for it away fans - ✅
Pyro - ✅

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
I couldn't agree more.  There was one quite late on yesterday where a Toulouse player ran himself into trouble with Jones (?) breathing right down his neck and took a flop.  All of our players froze for a split second as if they were thinking "ffs, here we go again" before the referee waved for play on.  Officials in the Premier League have played a massive part in enabling falling over under pressure to be an escape route from our insane pressing.

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
great game (we were kinda ropey though for periods in the second half i thought though), so happy for jota, endo, and gravenberch, and nunez and mo even (who does it all the time anyway:)), to break that record.
But the comments on the refs are so spot on, waving play on with dives, allowing contact, not being shite...
Its feeling good again at Liverpool... brilliant!
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
I couldn't agree more.  There was one quite late on yesterday where a Toulouse player ran himself into trouble with Jones (?) breathing right down his neck and took a flop.  All of our players froze for a split second as if they were thinking "ffs, here we go again" before the referee waved for play on.  Officials in the Premier League have played a massive part in enabling falling over under pressure to be an escape route from our insane pressing.

It's so funny because, as Fromola said, it used to be the other way around, in a not so distant past, you used to get refs from Europe and they blew the whistle for just about anything, now we have those here and the dives are encouraged because of it.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
I thought Endo played really well last night. Not just scoring but always looked to progress the ball forward.
Would be good to see him with Szoboszlai and MacAllister on either side of him in a game, although Gravenberch was excellent last night too.
Great depth we are creating in midfield.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
In fact, it was too easy....

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do

Barely knew the ref was there, which is a very good sign. He allowed a free flowing game which suits us. Everton and similar grocks would hate him!

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Excellent performance last night as it was s good old ding dong between two sides who played flowing football. Toulouse were handy enough as thought the scoreline was unfair on them but shows how clinical we are. Midfield was excellent last night, endo definitely showed some good stuff and Gravenbech was outstanding. One of the best midfield performances i have seen in years i thought. Excellent all round.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Overwhelming feeling was just how much fun it was to watch the Reds last night. The evening had everything I could wish for.

Jota to get a goal and keep on the boil - ✅
Nunez toget a goal and keep on the boil - ✅
Gravenberch to boss the midfield and cap his performance with a well-deserved goal - ✅
Endo to show us what he can do - ✅ Great vertical passing. Expecting a goal on top would have been greedy but he gave us a great header - ✅
Curtis to remind us what we’ve been missing - ✅
Joe Gomez with the captain’s armband - ✅
Mo Salah to get a goal - ✅
Home debuts for Academy players - ✅
Up for it away fans - ✅
Pyro - ✅

Szoboslai didn't play a minute.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
The work rate and determination of Harvey is impressing. He sure can run.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
In fact, it was too easy....
Yeah it looked like that.
Well, an "easy" game now and then can be a good thing. We've played a lot of important games and I think that was good for us just for the guys to enjoy themselves a bit, and just play and have fun.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
Actually a great game of football and we were very very good. Can’t imagine having a weakened team that looked as good as we did.

Special mention to Endo who I thought was absolutely fucking phenomenal. Good with his back to goal, was phenomenal on the half turn and then the calmness to play some truly wonderful line and press breaking passes. Oof. I just hope the people who wrote him off as not being good enough because he costs a bag of chips are suitably chastened. He’s been good in near enough every game he’s played. Given how good our scouting department is at finding value that most teams  could only dream of, maybe we should give it a few games before we decide that he’s shit.

Gravenberch looks like he’s growing into it. How good is his touch?

Curtis is so good and I’d love to give him a chance to play in the 6 instead of Macca.

Darwin was great, that touch to take it past that defender before hitting the post was 😘👌. Torres like.

One more win and top of the group should be ours.