Author Topic: FT Man United 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner p 27'; Ibrahimovic 84')  (Read 65392 times)

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FT Man United 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner p 27'; Ibrahimovic 84')
« Reply #881 on: January 16, 2017, 12:38:53 am »
The "give it Giggseh til the end of the season" guy
Nah he's clearly the "Barca style of play" guy first and foremost.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #882 on: January 16, 2017, 12:46:58 am »
Chance at the end? I know De Gea's great but he needed to be at least tested then.

Yeah

As they always say, just put yer laces through the ball. 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #883 on: January 16, 2017, 12:48:07 am »

The thing is, he's never had any problems with it in the past. Just seems to be this season so far.

ALL his shots has been weak shots cept for the only goal he's scored with his feet thus far.
But he does get in great positions to score
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Adeel90

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #884 on: January 16, 2017, 01:18:04 am »
Just a head peak on redcafe and my word aren't they just the most delusional, bitter collection of bellends. All crying about our 'shit' style of play that is apparently just everyone running around a lot while they were the much better team. Oh yeah and Klopp is a knob while Mourinho shows humility! Honestly, when did united fans become so sour? Guess they just can't take that we as a club are in a far better place than they are despite not having anywhere near their resources. But I guess this was their biggest game of the season while we have a title challenge to get on with. In league terms, they're now irrelevant to us. Can't wait to stuff them in the league cup final though!

Anyway, back to the game, I think you could argue that a draw was a 'fair' result in that neither team was really at the races. However, with 6 minutes of normal time to go you really need to hold on if you're going for league titles, regardless of the fact that their goal was clearly offside. That's 4 points dropped in the dying embers two weeks in a row now. I thought Emre had Pogba in his back picked (who I still can't believe wasn't sent off, same for Rooney) and the midfield was a lot better than it has been recently. The biggest plus was the return of Coutinho who showed straight away why he is by far the best player on either side. Hopefully Matip's situation can get resolved soon and Mane should be back before we know it. Very proud of each and every member of our team today, I am optimistic for the rest of the season. Spurs and Chelsea look very good this year but I have no doubt we will push them all the way. Onwards and upwards redmen!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 01:42:26 am by Adeel90 »
'Aim for the sky and you will reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you won't get off the floor.' Bill Shankly

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #885 on: January 16, 2017, 01:20:55 am »
Herrera is rapidly approaching legendary shithouse status, such a snide little insect, some of these days a player will actually badly injure him, give him a real excuse for his theatrics, an archetypal shitcoat player, fuck him and that shower.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #886 on: January 16, 2017, 01:25:47 am »
Decent result, average performance sums it up for me.

The worrying thing is that I can't remember the last time we played really well. A combination of injuries, players having a dip in form and the opposition looking to neutralise the way we play.

The positive is that if we can get our best players fit and get a bit of momentum then we could make it really interesting. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Adeel90

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #887 on: January 16, 2017, 01:27:23 am »
Herrera is rapidly approaching legendary shithouse status, such a snide little insect, some of these days a player will actually badly injure him, give him a real excuse for his theatrics, an archetypal shitcoat player, fuck him and that shower.

He's a horrible little rat isn't he? He's the player I dislike the most in world football, just seems to do snide little things every game and gets away with it. His Gary Neville impression in interviews are so cringeworthy too. Anyone would think he was a local of Altrincham and not of the Basque Country the way he goes on! To be perfectly honest, I don't really have much of a dislike for any other united player. Oh and his hauling down of Firmino was a blatent red (I believe they recently changed the laws on this). Good on firmino for giving that little dick a slap.
'Aim for the sky and you will reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you won't get off the floor.' Bill Shankly

Offline Adeel90

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #888 on: January 16, 2017, 01:30:19 am »

The worrying thing is that I can't remember the last time we played really well. A combination of injuries, players having a dip in form and the opposition looking to neutralise the way we play.

The positive is that if we can get our best players fit and get a bit of momentum then we could make it really interesting.

Coutinho, Hendo, Matip and Mane make such a big difference to our side. That's the nucleus of the team. Thankfully, the first three are back now and so we should see an uptick in performances. You could see straight away how much of a difference Coutinho makes.

On another note, as others have mentioned Wijnaldum needs to do some extra shooting sessions because his efforts are beyond pathetic now! 

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #889 on: January 16, 2017, 01:40:59 am »
Just a head peak on redcafe and my word aren't they just the most delusional, bitter collection of bellends. All crying about our 'shit' style of play that is apparently just everyone running around a lot while they were the much better team. Oh yeah and Klopp is a knob while Mourinho shows humility! Honestly, when did united fans

I personally feel they were calmer during the Fergie days. They had a deep sense of manifest destiny. It was guarenteed they would eventually be the undisputed best team in England and all would be right in the world. They way it should have been since the late 60's when we kicked on and they didn't.

That sense seems a lot less certain these days, it's 2017 and everything is still very much disputed.  Everything left to play for starting with the league cup.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Adeel90

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #890 on: January 16, 2017, 01:44:43 am »
I personally feel they were calmer during the Fergie days. They had a deep sense of manifest destiny. It was guarenteed they would eventually be the undisputed best team in England and all would be right in the world. They way it should have been since the late 60's when we kicked on and they didn't.

That sense seems a lot less certain these days, it's 2017 and everything is still very much disputed.  Everything left to play for starting with the league cup.

Well they were far better than us in those times I guess, easy to be calm when you're always winning things. All credit to Jürgen for making a force again! Just hope this season ends with number 19, that will shut them up for a while.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #891 on: January 16, 2017, 02:10:50 am »
Well they were far better than us in those times I guess, easy to be calm when you're always winning things. All credit to Jürgen for making a force again! Just hope this season ends with number 19, that will shut them up for a while.

Well they thought their money was going to push them the rest of the way. Hasn't really worked our for them. 
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #892 on: January 16, 2017, 02:31:00 am »
Just watched the match after avoiding the result all day at work.

Very, very unlucky not to win that - great performance considering we were missing a few key players.

Herrera is a snide little shit and as for Pogba :  :lmao
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #893 on: January 16, 2017, 03:08:05 am »
Just a head peak on redcafe and my word aren't they just the most delusional, bitter collection of bellends. All crying about our 'shit' style of play that is apparently just everyone running around a lot while they were the much better team. Oh yeah and Klopp is a knob while Mourinho shows humility! Honestly, when did united fans become so sour? Guess they just can't take that we as a club are in a far better place than they are despite not having anywhere near their resources. But I guess this was their biggest game of the season while we have a title challenge to get on with. In league terms, they're now irrelevant to us. Can't wait to stuff them in the league cup final though!

Anyway, back to the game, I think you could argue that a draw was a 'fair' result in that neither team was really at the races. However, with 6 minutes of normal time to go you really need to hold on if you're going for league titles, regardless of the fact that their goal was clearly offside. That's 4 points dropped in the dying embers two weeks in a row now. I thought Emre had Pogba in his back picked (who I still can't believe wasn't sent off, same for Rooney) and the midfield was a lot better than it has been recently. The biggest plus was the return of Coutinho who showed straight away why he is by far the best player on either side. Hopefully Matip's situation can get resolved soon and Mane should be back before we know it. Very proud of each and every member of our team today, I am optimistic for the rest of the season. Spurs and Chelsea look very good this year but I have no doubt we will push them all the way. Onwards and upwards redmen!

They're hurting. Today was the day when they were going to close the gap to 2 points by blowing our weakened team away, but they simply weren't up to it, and were very lucky to even come away with a point in the end. We were missing Mane, Matip, Coutinho and Clyne from our starting lineup, with an 18 year old making his league debut at right back and yet we still matched them. They were reduced to Pulisball in desperation as they had run out of ideas. Our full-strength team would have won comfortably, convinced of that.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: January 16, 2017, 03:08:08 am »

Considering the injuries and other issues in regards to players being available, we've done better than most sides would with key players missing and we've stayed a float.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #895 on: January 16, 2017, 03:17:22 am »
A bit disappointed with some performances but given the circumstances its a good result. Firmino needs to become a bit more of a c*nt. A little like Suarez. That shove on Herrara won him points with me. Alexander Arnold impressed me with his calmness, and his praise from Klopp will be good for his development. On the positive side, Coutinho, Matip, Clyne, and Sturridge could start against Plymouth.
Seen us win everything

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #896 on: January 16, 2017, 04:27:20 am »
Two of our hardest to replace players were out in Mané and Matip.

And the other one, Henderson, was probably rushed back a little from injury.

It's a decent result against a decent team away from home. A win would've been so so so sweet, but a point isn't the end of the world.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #897 on: January 16, 2017, 05:19:13 am »
One issue that I need to get off my chest has to do with Gini Wjinaldum.

While many here would have liked to have seen the header on frame and his last shot with a bit more power, I take the opposite view that this is a problem.

First, he was very good, composed and tactical on the day.  In a battle of midfields, Liverpool really won the day.  He was a big reason why. His ability to break the first line of pressure with the ball and get it to where it needed to go was also among his better performances. 

Second, his defensive tenacity was fantastic, I thought.  Each of the midfielders (Can, Henderson and Gini) were up to it today --- Carrick got subbed for Rooney, Pogba was a nervous wreck playing like he had never been in a derby match, and Herrera was an utter shithouse.   No, we have to remember that the worry was getting overrun in the middle of the park (both Carra and jacknuts claimed this to be the telling matchup).  Gini won his matchup today.

Third, they did a shitload of work today.  The fact that his legs may have been a bit gone in the 93' of one of the most important games of the year does not bother me.  What bothers me is that our attacking mentality has had to adjust a bit to injuries, losing players to overseas tourneys, and a few one offs here and there. 

We should be celebrating what Liverpool invested into this game, regardless of birdbeak's late nod.   

Gini, thank you for everything you did today!  Keep at it, you are a winner!

Good post, though I'm not sure I understood what you meant by the part in bold. Did you mean the problem is he shoots with too much power? Or that you don't think that his shooting is a problem?
I thought he had a great game, he seems to have gotten lower ratings than Henderson and others on various websites, but I had him in the running as the 2nd best player on the day. He seems very composed on the ball, and I'm enjoying the whole holds-off-the-defender-with-his-free-arm-and-jockeying-the-ball-with-one-leg-whilst-waiting-for-passing-options-to-materialise technique he uses. Hopefully he'll be a bit more composed in front of their goal, he's certainly capable of more down that end and over the season might have added another 3-5 more goals with a bit more luck and composure.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline solidgold

• Main Stander
« Reply #898 on: January 16, 2017, 05:23:03 am »
Just like Klopp said it..."It was intense" Sure it was till the last kick. I never expect it to be a pretty game of football. It should not be! Full blooded battle, ugly it may seem, but a whole lot more enjoyable. We deserve to win and by a mile. More shots on goal, more shots on target, more ideas and wanted it more for sure.

Simon was world-class last night. Never put a foot wrong and nullified all the threats and command the box well. The back 4 stood up well against the ugly direct high ball team limited to lumping the ball into the area from any distance. For a while, I thought it was Stoke City that we were playing against. I was impressed with Lovren and Kalvan who repeatedly repelled the long balls and win them with ease against their most prolific striker, Ibra.

In the middle of the park, Henderson, Can and Gini stopped Pogba and Carrick from playing. Cutting out all their central routes and limiting them to the flanks. Even when Martial get a run with the ball, it was a brick wall he ran into. Valencia was kept busy by Origi and thus did not try overlap as much from their right. Firmino and Lallana were just picking their defence apart with their constant harassment. They were having problems stringing passes from the rear and resorted to pumping the ball forward. Playing into our game plan.

Things were all well till the 84th min. Should we have brought in Lucas to challenge Fellani instead? Can and Lallana were running themselves into the ground and they are not going to win headers. We ran 10km more by the 70th min and you can see some of them were really exhausted. There are 2 more subs that we did not make which will give us some fresh legs to last the final 10mins. Well..it was 2pts drop at OT...something we would have taken before the start of the game.
All GOOD!!

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #899 on: January 16, 2017, 05:29:54 am »
A quick glance into the "how many points from the next 5 games" thread, sums up the general mindset of our posters before the kickoff. Either a lucky draw or an undeserving loss. I think I would have given it the same. But I was literally 10 minutes close to being proven wrong.

To me, this was more about the way the team gelled together, the way Klopp set up the team in view of unavailability of players and the way our team is slowly maturing in terms of quality. We now have players on the bench/team who can replace an outgoing first team player, go to Old Trafford and come back with a point, having led the game for 84 minutes. And all this with an 18-year-old fullback making his league debut, playing against one of the fastest players in the league. And the equaliser wasn't a lousy backpass (I am watching you Dejan!) or an idiotic set piece or a penalty due to a handball or a "Mignolet should be saving it" moment.

The performance was itself not classic by any means. It was painful at times to watch both teams attack by bypassing the midfield, only to be cleared by the opposition defence. But we should be giving our team a little bit more credit than some posts here. We started the game with 4 of our first team players missing. And with United playing a full strength team, it only makes our performance look even more polished and gutsy. The result was what we aimed for before the start. We feel sad about it because we feel robbed of the 2 points by decisions beyond our control. A dubious offside decision plus the 3/4 instances where United players could have been booked/sent off. I won't complain about the result.

We have some games coming up that have proven to be a thorn early on (cough West Ham, Sunderland, Bournemouth, Burnley & Southampton!) and I think if we were to play with the same rigour and steel, we can definitely aim for the top spot.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield

Offline Resident Red

• Boys Pen
« Reply #901 on: January 16, 2017, 07:20:15 am »

We are clearly a team that is still learning. We are actually much further ahead of where everyone expected.

Yesterday we were without our best player for the majority of the game. Our best defender was not able to play due to the incompetence of FIFA. We were playing an 18 year old at right back and our captain was not fully fit.

Despite all this, we bossed the first half and forced them to play route one.

I for one am going to enjoy every game because we are on the cusp of something special.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #902 on: January 16, 2017, 07:48:55 am »
6 draws and 2 losses

The 2 losses came against Burnley and Bournemouth away - 10th and 11th in the table respectively. The 6 draws were  1 to Spurs (2nd) 2 to United (6th) West Ham (12th) Southampton (13th) 1 to SUnderland (mitigating circumstances I would say, but still, 19th). 4 of those draws were away too.

I think we should put that in perspective. 8 results below par. 2 You would accept in any season (away draws to United and Spurs). Of the remaining 6, 5 were away. I think most teams would accept that kind of form. Liverpool have 17 games to go, 7 away, 10 at home. Liverpool, are on for an 81-82 point haul and, arguably, have a good run in from this point forward. Also, key injuries are back and in a couple of weeks Spurs, United, Arsenal and City will all be back in Europe while Liverpool will be back to full strength. This was always going to be the toughtest time of the year and Liverpool are coming through it in good shape, 3rd (equal points to Spurs) and just 7 points off the top. Think Liverpool are in excellent shape and its just the medias perception that they are somehow on the cusp of collapse and have a dicey backline. True, the two best backlines in the league are top of the table (and its an area Liverpool can certainly improve on next season) but Liverpool have scored more and conceded less than City and about the same as Arsenal.

Just an observation but reading this post I get the impression you're a red so why do you refer to us as "Liverpool" and not "we"?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #903 on: January 16, 2017, 07:52:01 am »
Feels like a defeat. :(
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #904 on: January 16, 2017, 07:58:18 am »
ALL his shots has been weak shots cept for the only goal he's scored with his feet thus far.
But he does get in great positions to score

Not throughout his career they haven't.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: January 16, 2017, 08:06:47 am »
Origi i thought was very selfless in his play and worked very hard but the next part of his development is being able to hold onto the ball for longer. Sometimes i wonder whether he fronts up the defender too quickly because he wants to run at them rather than just concentrating on keeping possession.

He was the right pick for yesterday however. Sturridge would have played right into their hands.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #906 on: January 16, 2017, 08:24:19 am »

While many here would have liked to have seen the header on frame and his last shot with a bit more power, I take the opposite view that this is a problem.

First, he was very good, composed and tactical on the day.  In a battle of midfields, Liverpool really won the day.  He was a big reason why. His ability to break the first line of pressure with the ball and get it to where it needed to go was also among his better performances. 

Second, his defensive tenacity was fantastic, I thought.  Each of the midfielders (Can, Henderson and Gini) were up to it today --- Carrick got subbed for Rooney, Pogba was a nervous wreck playing like he had never been in a derby match, and Herrera was an utter shithouse.   No, we have to remember that the worry was getting overrun in the middle of the park (both Carra and jacknuts claimed this to be the telling matchup).  Gini won his matchup today.

Third, they did a shitload of work today.  The fact that his legs may have been a bit gone in the 93' of one of the most important games of the year does not bother me.  What bothers me is that our attacking mentality has had to adjust a bit to injuries, losing players to overseas tourneys, and a few one offs here and there. 

We should be celebrating what Liverpool invested into this game, regardless of birdbeak's late nod.   

Gini's fine. I just expected a very different player, honestly. His work rate and physique is great, but his finishing is poor. Hard to believe it's the same player who scored 11 for Newcastle last year. It made me happy to see him combine with Can so well yesterday - more please!
Our attacking problems yesterday were with the front three, who didn't get much done. Coutinho was an instant improvement.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #907 on: January 16, 2017, 08:30:04 am »
We are clearly a team that is still learning. We are actually much further ahead of where everyone expected.

Yesterday we were without our best player for the majority of the game. Our best defender was not able to play due to the incompetence of FIFA. We were playing an 18 year old at right back and our captain was not fully fit.

Despite all this, we bossed the first half and forced them to play route one.

I for one am going to enjoy every game because we are on the cusp of something special.
I think we're a much better team than last year, in almost every aspect of the game.

It's just that the league was very poor last year. Probably the worst PL I have ever seen. As much as we would like to, we can't rely on ManU and Chelsea being as poor as last season. Now we met the best ManU since SAF left, I think. The bar is higher, but the bar is sort of where it ought to be with all the money in the league.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: January 16, 2017, 08:31:28 am »
Can was fine. He set Wijnaldum up twice, for instance.
He did fine. Just ruing that it was who set up both the chances for Wijnaldum. I thought his final ball for both were a bit heavy for a good finish. Watch again. If it was Lallana or Firmino or Coutinho, perhaps things would have been different
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline jwill2127

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp is the man
« Reply #909 on: January 16, 2017, 08:54:25 am »
why was Lucas not in the squad? thanks
Our support since 2005 is f@@@@@ @@@@

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #910 on: January 16, 2017, 08:56:14 am »
Still hurts a bit. Point was probably fair, but it hurts to concede so late :(

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #911 on: January 16, 2017, 08:57:46 am »
why was Lucas not in the squad? thanks

Have a guess.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #912 on: January 16, 2017, 09:05:55 am »

I thought that it was telling when Coutinho came in we looked a little more composed with the shape and he was able to keep the ball more easily. I think him back in the starting 11 will start to see us returning to the way we were playing earlier in the season. It does also show that our squad is a little thin and if we are in the european cup next season we will need to sign quite a few players as cover for key positions. If we can pull off a real performance against Chelsea in a few weeks time then that could be the spark for a very good run in.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: January 16, 2017, 09:08:53 am »

Agreed. Obviously I think he should have done better with his chances, but people underestimate how important he is becoming to the team.

It is also too often overlooked how exceptional his technique is. There was a moment near the touchline in the second half when he killed a high ball and then wriggled past two of their lads. It was outrageous skill and went unremarked by the commentators.   
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #914 on: January 16, 2017, 09:18:33 am »
United aren't shit, but the offside goal they're getting each week is getting a bit fucking tiresome.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #915 on: January 16, 2017, 09:22:01 am »
gutted they equalised as I thought that although mignolet had to make some good saves, overall we looked pretty comfortable.
going in to the game our results in the league have been good but the level of performance had dropped off a bit, we had key players missing or only just returning from injury so a draw is a decent result.
mostly I think the way we played should make us all really optimistic for the of the season - I really think our form will get back to previous level now.
also if we can get past Southampton then we have nothing to fear facing utd in the EFL cup final

Offline gandalf50

• Kopite
  • Named "Most Naive poster on Rawk" by L666kop
« Reply #916 on: January 16, 2017, 09:28:34 am »

I thought he left Valencia free for their goal. He realised his mistake too late. But apart from that he was good.
There really isn't.  I think a lot of us, even our own have started doubting it. It's time to rise up. And take what is rightfully ours. It's a big mountain, but what is the point in achieving something, which everyone can?

Fate has given us a mountain too big. We have to rise. We have to believe.

fowler9_god

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #917 on: January 16, 2017, 09:32:14 am »
I thought he left Valencia free for their goal. He realised his mistake too late. But apart from that he was good.
You mean played him offside

Offline gandalf50

• Kopite
  • Named "Most Naive poster on Rawk" by L666kop
« Reply #918 on: January 16, 2017, 09:37:34 am »
You mean played him offside

That was in the first instance. I'm talking about the cross that Ibrahimovic scored from.
There really isn't.  I think a lot of us, even our own have started doubting it. It's time to rise up. And take what is rightfully ours. It's a big mountain, but what is the point in achieving something, which everyone can?

Fate has given us a mountain too big. We have to rise. We have to believe.

fowler9_god

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #919 on: January 16, 2017, 09:39:29 am »
The refereeing  was horrendous. No yellow cards for their players. Firminho didn't deserve yellow, he was getting his top pulled. It was really horrendous. They got a goal out of nothing really and are just as annoying as Jose.

But well done to the young right back. Well played.
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)