Author Topic: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)  (Read 85745 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)
« Reply #400 on: January 13, 2017, 12:57:20 pm »
Hopefully Henderson and Matip are back. I'd like a midfield of Lallana, Henderson and Wijnaldum and a front three of Origi, Firmino and Coutinho. I'd play Origi down the right to replicate Mane's pace and have Firmino in the middle because he's much better there than out wide.
Sounds risky playing all three players who are returning from injury, I'd guess two at maximum will play, probably Henderson and Coutinho.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #401 on: January 13, 2017, 01:03:25 pm »
Phil babb doesn't we will be able to cope with zlatan .....If babb was playing I might agree with him

When I hear things like this about Ibrahimovic I find my myself racking my brains at what actually there is to deal with. He doesn't bully defenders or drag them out of position, he doesn't sit deep and make life difficult for defensive midfielders and he doesn't run in behind. Whenever I watch him he never really impresses me. He has got a good goal scoring record this season but stating that our defence won't be able to deal with him is a very odd thing to say.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: January 13, 2017, 01:06:34 pm »
Sounds risky playing all three players who are returning from injury, I'd guess two at maximum will play, probably Henderson and Coutinho.

Yeah agreed. Surely out of the 3 it's Matip who's the riskiest selection due to the length of time he's been out?

Hendo not been out that long and it's natural to have our club captain on the pitch against this lot. Phil had a nice active 30 mins Wednesday and looked good.

Sturridge or Origi? Whoever JK decides to complement PC and RF up front is fine by me.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #404 on: January 13, 2017, 01:30:18 pm »
Yeah agreed. Surely out of the 3 it's Matip who's the riskiest selection due to the length of time he's been out?

Hendo not been out that long and it's natural to have our club captain on the pitch against this lot. Phil had a nice active 30 mins Wednesday and looked good.

Sturridge or Origi? Whoever JK decides to complement PC and RF up front is fine by me.

Got to be Origi for me, definitely. Sturridge was like a ghost on Wednesday sadly. We can't afford a passenger against this lot.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #405 on: January 13, 2017, 01:30:55 pm »
Hopefully Henderson and Matip are back. I'd like a midfield of Lallana, Henderson and Wijnaldum and a front three of Origi, Firmino and Coutinho. I'd play Origi down the right to replicate Mane's pace and have Firmino in the middle because he's much better there than out wide.

Yep this makes most sense to me.

We need pace up top and only Origi has it (who is available) and Firmino has been woeful on the left so needs deploying where he has been most effective. Coutinho's return is a huge boost. Whoever covers for Matip (assume Klavan if Matip isn't ready) will be fending off long balls, Zlatan's nose and Fellaini's elbows all game so let's hope he is up to it.

That settled midfield from earlier in the season is an option for us again so we must go with that and hopefully find that mojo again.

I never look forward to these games, especially at OT, but hopefully we can play to our potential and show them why the league table looks like it does. 

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #406 on: January 13, 2017, 01:35:34 pm »
I'd prefer Origi to start with Sturridge coming on for a half hour cameo at the end. Divock to run them ragged and the Studge to take advantage of their tiredness.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #407 on: January 13, 2017, 02:00:06 pm »

Origi might be our only attacking player with something close to Mane's speed but he can't dribble with the ball in tight spaces like Mane so it's pretty pointless.

Convinced it'll be a front six of Hendo, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Coutinho and Firmino because I believe Klopp trusts those players in these sort of games more than he does Origi and Sturridge. Hence why neither played against City either.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #408 on: January 13, 2017, 02:09:03 pm »
When I hear things like this about Ibrahimovic I find my myself racking my brains at what actually there is to deal with. He doesn't bully defenders or drag them out of position, he doesn't sit deep and make life difficult for defensive midfielders and he doesn't run in behind. Whenever I watch him he never really impresses me. He has got a good goal scoring record this season but stating that our defence won't be able to deal with him is a very odd thing to say.
Nailed on hattrick now  ;D

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: January 13, 2017, 02:13:09 pm »
              Mignolet

Clyne Klavan Lovren Moreno

Wijnaldum Henderson Milner

Lallana      Coutinho
             Firmino

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arts pics like ass in the morning
« Reply #410 on: January 13, 2017, 02:40:50 pm »
Really think we need to have Lallana in midfield here. Put Origi on the right flank and have him run at Blind or Darmian.
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: January 13, 2017, 02:41:48 pm »
Nailed on hattrick now  ;D
Don't see that happening Ibrahimovic rarely turns up for the big games, he's great at bullying the little sides though and the same can be said with Pogba.

The biggest threats to us in the Man United side are Mata who seems to play at a high level against us and Mkhitaryan who's pace and directness will be a problem.

If we control those two or if Mata doesn't start for them, our chances of getting a result are significantly boosted.   

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: January 13, 2017, 02:48:16 pm »
Don't see that happening Ibrahimovic rarely turns up for the big games, he's great at bullying the little sides though and the same can be said with Pogba.

Remember seeing Ibrahimovic playing for Juventus against us in CL at home it was a complete no show from him.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: January 13, 2017, 02:49:32 pm »
I dreamt of a few results last night. Dreamt we lost 2-1. Dreamt we won 3-0 and dreamt we won 2-1.

better get a few bets on then

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: January 13, 2017, 02:58:02 pm »
Remember seeing Ibrahimovic playing for Juventus against us in CL at home it was a complete no show from him.

Hitting the post was about the only thing he did over two legs. He massively improved under Capello though.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #415 on: January 13, 2017, 03:02:52 pm »
Hitting the post was about the only thing he did over two legs. He massively improved under Capello though.

Think he put one over the bar from about 6 yards out in the away leg as well, a real let off.

Was he in the Inter team we beat in 2007 as well?

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: January 13, 2017, 03:05:28 pm »
Think he put one over the bar from about 6 yards out in the away leg as well, a real let off.

Was he in the Inter team we beat in 2007 as well?

Yes he did I thought of that but I was thinking he didn't quite get on the end of the cross. He must have been at Inter then but I can't remember him in those games.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: January 13, 2017, 03:29:25 pm »

Ahhh the Rafa masterclass.

I was at both legs and Sami Hypia owned the big nosed prick.  Fond memories except for the bottles of piss being thrown at us.

Lovren or Matip can do the same tomorrow if they play anywhere near their capabilities.  Not sure about Klavan like :)

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #418 on: January 13, 2017, 03:31:44 pm »
Phil babb doesn't we will be able to cope with zlatan .....If babb was playing I might agree with him

Our defence coped fine with Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, Hazard and Costa...all of whom are better than any of Utd's attacking players.

Offline heroes123

• Main Stander
« Reply #419 on: January 13, 2017, 03:42:14 pm »
They have far more to lose than us.

This. They'll be out to win this game. Let's do them one. Hit them on the break. Nothing satisfy me more than beating the moan at his game. He's been doing that to us forever.
Im super confident we'll get a result there. The performance mid week was a kick the team needs. We are not going to lose this. Not expecting fireworks, though. Boring, tactical game but we'll nick it 1-0. You can now bet on that scoreline.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #420 on: January 13, 2017, 03:51:48 pm »
Will take a draw right now.  Man U are in amazing form and we have injuries I think.

Not looking forward to this.

Glances over recent post history...ahhh that explains it.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
« Reply #421 on: January 13, 2017, 04:03:30 pm »
Probably been mentioned somewhere before but the state of the Liverpool fans on RedCafe. Theres fuckin loads as well

Offline koppite118

• Main Stander
« Reply #422 on: January 13, 2017, 04:11:45 pm »
Which away kit are we in hope its not toxic thunder!!!

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #423 on: January 13, 2017, 04:12:41 pm »
Glances over recent post history...ahhh that explains it.

need more like you mate
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: January 13, 2017, 04:20:15 pm »
There's a lot been written in the national press over the last few days about  Nutella boy and his hatred of us..Just read this one.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-vs-liverpool-wayne-rooney-tale-twisted-blood-history-a7525781.html

The papers reckon he's beside himself to play in this one  and desperate to get his 250th goal against us...Wonder what the odds are of him either getting sent off or falling on his big fat derrière and putting one one through his own goal?

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: January 13, 2017, 04:21:51 pm »
Looks like it is time for a group buy:

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: January 13, 2017, 04:36:14 pm »
Henderson, Milner, Coutinho back in the starting 11 will be a huge lift to a team that looks a little tired but we all know everyone will be up for this one. Key is not to let the occasion get to the lads and fans to be honest. They will have their chances but playing away should suit our game down to a tee. Give it 110% as on our day we are a much better side than they are and even if we play our B game we are still good enough to at least snatch a point from them....and more.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2017, 04:40:59 pm »
There's a lot been written in the national press over the last few days about  Nutella boy and his hatred of us..Just read this one.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-vs-liverpool-wayne-rooney-tale-twisted-blood-history-a7525781.html

The papers reckon he's beside himself to play in this one  and desperate to get his 250th goal against us...Wonder what the odds are of him either getting sent off or falling on his big fat derrière and putting one one through his own goal?

He won't get more than 20 minutes I reckon. Just an impact player now, no way Mourinho starts him.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: January 13, 2017, 04:43:50 pm »
Will take a draw right now.  Man U are in amazing form and we have injuries I think.

Not looking forward to this.
You're not very subtle

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #429 on: January 13, 2017, 04:54:52 pm »
Your post had a bit less swearing and insults though!

I just find it really difficult to get my head round some people. We haven't played brilliantly the last few games. But are people expecting that we'll go through the season without any blips? That we'll go through the season without our squad being stretched. Are people basically expecting we'll win every week?

That's what it comes across like. If we'd lost 4 on the bounce or hadn't won in 4 or 5 league games and were languishing in 7th or 8th, then I could understand the anguish. We are 2nd. We've got a boss manager in charge. Someone who does things his own way. Someone who has transformed the club. We are in the best position the club has been for a long, long time.

Yet despite this, a significant proportion of our fanbase go into meltdown at the 1st sign of a wobble. When the team has injuries or has the odd bad result, they need the fans behind them. That's what a supporter does. This is not about blind support. This is not about the players/manager being beyond criticism. This is about context and magnitude of the criticism being disproportionate to the situation. Basically it's about why some of our 'supporters' are cry arse fannies at the first sign of any adversity. And why they don't trust the manager.

That's what it comes across like at least.

We've had a two week wobble coincidentally one each in the league, FA and League Cup and this site is full of doom, gloom and fewm. Multiply that two weeks by 26 for a year's worth of misery them multiply it by 22 years of failure and you can appreciate why the Bitters are so riddled with angst and misery.

Going to OT is never a pleasant experience so let's get in, get the job done, get out and get deloused.

Offline LJA

• Main Stander
« Reply #430 on: January 13, 2017, 04:57:27 pm »
Probably been mentioned somewhere before but the state of the Liverpool fans on RedCafe. Theres fuckin loads as well

What's wrong with them?

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: January 13, 2017, 05:05:14 pm »
What's wrong with them?
They suck the mancs and their fans off to fit in. Vomit inducing.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #432 on: January 13, 2017, 05:09:06 pm »
Henderson and Phil starting be huge.

Matip be nice but rather not risk him.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: January 13, 2017, 05:09:37 pm »
We have won in that kit, it's got nothing to do with our results.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
« Reply #434 on: January 13, 2017, 05:10:35 pm »
What's wrong with them?

Here is just one example...

Honestly.
Ive really got a dodgy feeling here.
I think you'll twat us. I am not just saying that.
If it was summer I'd go camping in rural Wales for the week. If I had the balls I'd throw 500 on United.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: January 13, 2017, 05:13:27 pm »

Honestly.
If it was summer I'd go camping in rural Wales for the week. If I had the balls I'd throw 500 on United.

Maybe they're the accounts of some of our resident doom and gloom merchants? Would explain a lot! ;D

Offline Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #436 on: January 13, 2017, 05:16:10 pm »

We are indeed wearing the cursed toxic thunder kit.

Shame because the black kit is infinitely nicer aesthetically

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: January 13, 2017, 05:19:05 pm »

Honestly.

Was that posters name begining with L and ending in R? Possibly named after a Serbian flop?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: January 13, 2017, 05:27:08 pm »
Just been on red cafe lot of them saying they would be happy with draw. Has Zlatan been passed fit anyone ?
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
« Reply #439 on: January 13, 2017, 05:27:30 pm »
Was that posters name begining with L and ending in R? Possibly named after a Serbian flop?

Nah 'Cassady' is his name