Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 503678 times)

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dejan Lovren
« Reply #560 on: December 8, 2016, 09:32:07 am »
Its so frustrating for players to have a good run of form, and as soon as they have one bad game they just get leapt upon.
Even worse is the way people have their "favourites" and just wait for them to have a bad game so that they can slaughter them. A truly bizarre way to "support" a football club.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #561 on: December 12, 2016, 11:11:41 am »
I did wonder why he came off yesterday.
Seems the lad is hamstrung.
Get well soon Dejan.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #562 on: December 12, 2016, 11:15:43 am »
There are many reasons why I think Lovren isn't a good defender. Here are a few:

Not good at 1v1 defending.
Doesn't read the game well.
Rushes out to challenge, only to be easily bypassed, exposing space behind him.
Needs a partner to direct him and lead him.
Not much of a passer.
Reads the game rather poorly.

Does well:

Slide tackles by the touchline.

He's pretty much Skrtel.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #563 on: December 12, 2016, 11:18:58 am »
There are many reasons why I think Lovren isn't a good defender. Here are a few:

Not much of a passer.

Does well:

He's pretty much Skrtel.

That's a bit harsh mate he's not that bad................well with Matip next to him at least.

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: December 12, 2016, 11:21:12 am »
That last bit is key. He should be able to stand on his own, but I don't think he is. He didn't even manage to look decent yesterday, with Matip next to him. THe gulf in class between him and Matip yesterday was almost comical. In a tragic way.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #565 on: December 12, 2016, 11:21:45 am »

Not much of a passer.

Does well:

He's pretty much Skrtel.
So you're accusing of Lovren of rushing into challenges (ie front foot defending) and then compare him to Skrtel who is back foot defender, slightly contradictory.

Not sure he had anyone beside him directing and leading when we got to two cup finals either. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: December 12, 2016, 11:21:55 am »
Picks up a fair few injuries as well.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #567 on: December 12, 2016, 11:25:04 am »
We could do a lot better than him and hopefully we will.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: December 12, 2016, 11:30:11 am »
We could do a lot better than him and hopefully we will.
Yes we could to a degree, however he is in our squad and we have to use him the best we can.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: December 12, 2016, 12:04:19 pm »
So you're accusing of Lovren of rushing into challenges (ie front foot defending) and then compare him to Skrtel who is back foot defender, slightly contradictory.

Not sure he had anyone beside him directing and leading when we got to two cup finals either. 

It isn't front foot defending when you charge out without thinking. Front foot defending is what Matip does. Anticipates the pass and steps up and wins the ball.

There are more similiarities than differences between the two. 5 out of the 6 I mentioned IMO.  Neither is/was good enough if we want to compete for the biggest prizes.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 12:06:48 pm by Groundskeeper Willie »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #570 on: December 12, 2016, 12:12:44 pm »
It isn't front foot defending when you charge out without thinking. Front foot defending is what Matip does. Anticipates the pass and steps up and wins the ball.

There are more similiarities than differences between the two. 5 out of the 6 I mentioned IMO.  Neither is/was good enough if we want to compete for the biggest prizes.
Both Matip and Lovren are front foot defenders, Lovren wins plenty of challenges when he challenges, he gets beaten a few times but that's the risk with that style. Matip has been caught out a few times when he's challenged high and the goalkeeper has saved him, that's the risk.

Once again, we got to two cup finals last season with Lovren in defence and are challenging this year so your last sentance doesn't hold up. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: December 12, 2016, 12:17:40 pm »
Both Matip and Lovren are front foot defenders, Lovren wins plenty of challenges when he challenges, he gets beaten a few times but that's the risk with that style. Matip has been caught out a few times when he's challenged high and the goalkeeper has saved him, that's the risk.

Once again, we got to two cup finals last season with Lovren in defence and are challenging this year so your last sentance doesn't hold up. 

Well. I don't agree with your assessment regarding that. Lovren is a weak link in our defence, I stand by that.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: December 12, 2016, 01:06:49 pm »

It does we lost two finals with him and won one with Djimi, being able to compete over the course of a season is different and i think last poster is right in regards to that, we do need better in that central defence, a lot can be said about the overall structure and team shape, but the truth is if we're going to play the way we do then we really do need Matips partner to be near his level, which Lovren isn't.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #573 on: December 12, 2016, 01:14:25 pm »
It does we lost two finals with him and won one with Djimi, being able to compete over the course of a season is different and i think last poster is right in regards to that, we do need better in that central defence, a lot can be said about the overall structure and team shape, but the truth is if we're going to play the way we do then we really do need Matips partner to be near his level, which Lovren isn't.
He said competing for the biggest prizes, getting to two finals is competing.

If we had a goalkeeper who could save shots we would have won our last two games and things would look very different.

Offline OptoMystik

• Main Stander
« Reply #574 on: December 12, 2016, 01:32:18 pm »

If we had a goalkeeper who could save shots we would have won our last two games and things would look very different.

Agreed.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #575 on: December 12, 2016, 02:01:39 pm »
I thought he looked a bit slow when Antonio muscled past him early in the second half. Feeling an injury then?

By the way Karius made a good save from that shot.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: December 12, 2016, 02:05:13 pm »
I thought he looked a bit slow when Antonio muscled past him early in the second half. Feeling an injury then?

By the way Karius made a good save from that shot.

kind of hard for him to have been muscled past in the second half - since he was subbed at half time.  ;D

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
« Reply #577 on: December 12, 2016, 02:10:37 pm »
keeps on picking up these little knocks which is frustrating. think he can be good for us but seems to be lacking that bit of consistency. picking up a hamstring, or a virus, or that black eye really doesn't having a settled back 4.

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #578 on: December 12, 2016, 02:15:07 pm »
Well. I don't agree with your assessment regarding that. Lovren is a weak link in our defence, I stand by that.

Yep. If we get someone like van Dijk in, hes not coming in to replace matip, thats for sure.

Matip is a hungry hippo, he just gobbles everything up. what happened for the second goal yesterday will probably never ever happen again. Lovren does that kind of thing once a game pretty much. We will be a lot stronger when we have a better CB alongside joel.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: December 12, 2016, 02:16:46 pm »

Neither the EL or domestic cups qualify as the biggest prizes in my book.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #580 on: December 12, 2016, 02:28:08 pm »
Neither the EL or domestic cups qualify as the biggest prizes in my book.
Usual caveats 

We should probably delete those trophies from our history :butt
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 02:31:57 pm by Funky_Gibbons »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: December 12, 2016, 02:34:54 pm »
Usual caveats 

We should probably delete those trophies from our history :butt

Perhaps I should have written "winning" instead of "competing for". I get that you are pleased with him, I am not and think we need a better partner for Matip if we ever want to reach the top.

Don't try to put words in my mouth. You know as well as I do that CL and league titles weigh more than League cups, that's not to say I'm not happy about winning a league cup title. I could put words in your mouth and say that, hey, if you're happy winning a League cup here and an FA cup there, lets not try to improve our team. But I won't.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 02:37:28 pm by Groundskeeper Willie »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #582 on: December 12, 2016, 02:50:10 pm »
Perhaps I should have written "winning" instead of "competing for". I get that you are pleased with him, I am not and think we need a better partner for Matip if we ever want to reach the top.

Don't try to put words in my mouth. You know as well as I do that CL and league titles weigh more than League cups, that's not to say I'm not happy about winning a league cup title. I could put words in your mouth and say that, hey, if you're happy winning a League cup here and an FA cup there, lets not try to improve our team. But I won't.
The difference is though I’ve never said I’d be happy to only win the a league cup here and an FA cup there, but then I forgot we're challenging for the league at the minute too.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: December 12, 2016, 02:51:57 pm »
The difference is though I’ve never said I’d be happy to only win the a league cup here and an FA cup there, but then I forgot we're challenging for the league at the minute too.

Ok then all is hunky dory.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline keswick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: December 13, 2016, 12:22:58 am »
Lovren wont be a starter next season.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: December 13, 2016, 12:34:40 am »
Is he fit for the Boro game?

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: December 13, 2016, 03:47:32 am »
Is he fit for the Boro game?

Should be. Quoting Klopp "Lovern was cramp, he told me he wanted to play, but I told him I want to play too and I haven't been able to for 20mins."  ;D
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #587 on: December 13, 2016, 11:42:59 am »
Should be. Quoting Klopp "Lovern was cramp, he told me he wanted to play, but I told him I want to play too and I haven't been able to for 20mins."  ;D

Klopp said 20 years not minutes!

Lovren is fine as a squad player who can play in Cup games against weaker teams.

I hope Klaven starts tomorrow as he looks composed on the ball and can pass much more accurately than Lovren. He played well against the hammers and also in the LC games.

If he does play at The Riverside and our defence holds up he may retain his place at Woodison. I can't remember him messing up in games except at Burnley where his partnership with Lovren looked weak.

If we are looking to strengthen our attacking options next month I think we are stuck with the CBs we have for this season. It's up to them to show they can make a decent partnership with Matip.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #588 on: December 13, 2016, 12:19:19 pm »
kind of hard for him to have been muscled past in the second half - since he was subbed at half time.  ;D

Don't know how I mistook the first half for the second. We won the 2nd half didn't we?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: December 13, 2016, 01:14:04 pm »
Lovren is much better than when he arrived. However still don't think he's anywhere near Matip level for example. He does some stupid stuff still
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: December 13, 2016, 01:22:33 pm »
He has such an annoying habit of receiving the ball, having plenty of options to pass to, only to twat the ball up field to no-one in particular.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: December 13, 2016, 01:24:48 pm »
He isn't half as bad as some say but he's no Matip either

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #592 on: December 13, 2016, 02:09:58 pm »

Are we? Someone should tell the players.

Offline il_principino

• Main Stander
  • You will never walk alone!
« Reply #593 on: December 13, 2016, 02:10:24 pm »
Plus he scored that memorable dortmund goal... 8)
---Aesthetic is everything------

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #594 on: December 19, 2016, 09:58:36 pm »
Bossed Lukaku

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #595 on: December 19, 2016, 10:02:19 pm »
Should've fucking booted Barkley in the face for that tackle on Hendo!! But was completely and utterly dominant tonight. Especially when we were under siege in that opening 25 minutes by a bombardment of blueshite long balls and crosses.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #596 on: December 19, 2016, 10:04:23 pm »
MOTM for me, so dominant, good on the ball bar the odd misplaced long ball.
AHA!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #597 on: December 19, 2016, 10:05:22 pm »
superb he was, both him and Ragnar.

Loved his intensity for the goal celebration too  ;D

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #598 on: December 19, 2016, 10:15:50 pm »
Two clean sheets and two good performances without Matip.

Who knew?!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: December 19, 2016, 10:18:57 pm »
Dominant tonight.