Author Topic: Daniel Andre Sturridge  (Read 1157213 times)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Daniel Andre Sturridge
« Reply #8040 on: June 26, 2014, 04:07:16 pm »
Wonder if he might get handed the #9 shirt finally this season, along with his new contract?

Getting #9 for England meant a lot to him and he made a thank you statement over it.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Pidalow

• Legacy Fan
  • Success is not forever and failure isn’t fatal.
« Reply #8041 on: June 26, 2014, 04:27:02 pm »
Sturridge will be our most important player next season. I have no doubt he will deliver. Cant wait to see him dance!

Offline Owl

• Twit...just twit. No twoo.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8042 on: June 26, 2014, 04:35:40 pm »
Please stay injury free... please....

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #8043 on: June 26, 2014, 04:45:20 pm »
Lets hope he can do it agian.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #8044 on: June 26, 2014, 05:05:48 pm »
Wrap him up nice and safe please.

Its on you, Humongous D.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #8045 on: June 26, 2014, 06:07:02 pm »
Wonder if he might get handed the #9 shirt finally this season, along with his new contract?

Getting #9 for England meant a lot to him and he made a thank you statement over it.
He could have had the #9 if he wanted it last summer before we signed Aspas.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8046 on: June 26, 2014, 11:28:40 pm »
He will thrive on being the main man for a couple of months,he did it last year for the first 6 weeks of the season and handled the responsibility with ease.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #8047 on: June 26, 2014, 11:32:23 pm »
He'll step up, just like he did last season - except now, he'll show it off on the biggest European stage too. We're lucky to have him, we really are.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #8048 on: June 26, 2014, 11:43:35 pm »
I think we can fully count on him and Lambert to keep us going and not let LFC fall into mid table while Suarez is out, but we won't thrive with only them there is only so much these two can do.

To really thrive I believe it is more up to young Sterling to continue his great form from the spring into the fall. He is still very young so I have my doubts but to be honest we have no choice we need a dozen goals from Sterling at least over that period or it will be too late when Suarez returns.

Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8049 on: June 26, 2014, 11:52:13 pm »
Not just league games remember, he'll relish being the main man up front going into the CL games. A lot of responsibility for him. Makes it more imperative we make additional quality signings that will support him and give him the service he can destroy teams with.

No Suarez could motivate the likes of Coutinho and Sterling to show off on a European stage too. Not that they need motivation mind. But of course it's there.

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
« Reply #8050 on: June 26, 2014, 11:53:26 pm »
This is his big chance to be the main man.   Wrap him up in cotton wool and put him in the cryogenics till the season kicks off and we will be alright.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8051 on: June 27, 2014, 12:26:09 am »
All this "please stay injury free" stuff is a bit OTT. Without making any further signings, we already have Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Lambert, Borini and Aspas in our ranks. That's enough to cover the 9 games Suarez is out. Some perspective is desperately needed.

Yes Danny will be our main man, but he will have a strong supporting cast.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8052 on: June 27, 2014, 12:55:15 am »
Practically our entire season hinges on this man now, could be worse I suppose.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #8053 on: June 27, 2014, 12:57:39 am »

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8054 on: June 27, 2014, 01:13:31 am »
Much of the transfer window left.  Let's see how it pans out...

Offline sparrowred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8055 on: June 27, 2014, 01:36:03 am »

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #8056 on: June 27, 2014, 01:46:51 am »

We are going to be playing with Daniel Sturridge alone in every game next season? I'm not completely sure, but I think that's a little too much.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8057 on: June 27, 2014, 01:58:58 am »
Get a grip lad . Its not all over yet

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #8058 on: June 27, 2014, 03:33:37 am »
He tweeted this earlier, felt bad for the lad. Clearly means a lot to him, hopefully he can lead us to some silverware this season.

Daniel Sturridge @D_Sturridge  ·  7h
Way back.... Who'd have thought it would have turned out this way. Sleepless nights and heartbreak.....

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8059 on: June 27, 2014, 07:48:16 am »
All this "please stay injury free" stuff is a bit OTT. Without making any further signings, we already have Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Lambert, Borini and Aspas in our ranks. That's enough to cover the 9 games Suarez is out. Some perspective is desperately needed.

Yes Danny will be our main man, but he will have a strong supporting cast.

Mate we might be without Suarez for 9 league games, a few cup games and 3 champions league games. That's why we need him to stay injury free - because I wouldn't be too confident with Lambert, Borini and Aspas in a champions league game (Not that they are bad players mind)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8060 on: June 27, 2014, 08:20:08 am »
Mate we might be without Suarez for 9 league games, a few cup games and 3 champions league games. That's why we need him to stay injury free - because I wouldn't be too confident with Lambert, Borini and Aspas in a champions league game (Not that they are bad players mind)

Naturally, we'll be better off with Sturridge in good form, but we'll be OK. There will be a situation where we're short of cover, but it's some way to go still before that's the case. Lambert & Co are good players for the roles we need them in.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8061 on: June 27, 2014, 09:05:18 am »
Definitely think he's ready to take center stage. He done great at the start of last season.

We just need to actually get a (good) Sturridge song going to keep his spirits high, I feel he's the type of player that feeds off others' energy...  8)
YNWA.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8062 on: June 27, 2014, 09:07:22 am »
He's a machine and I think this season he'll go to the next level and become world class. It's just a matter of staying clear from injuries but I think he'll score 30+ goals in all competitions for us this season.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8063 on: June 27, 2014, 09:59:01 am »
He's a machine and I think this season he'll go to the next level and become world class. It's just a matter of staying clear from injuries but I think he'll score 30+ goals in all competitions for us this season.

I wonder if Rodgers will be saying that to Danny. This is your chance to be the main man and prove you can do it season after season. In Coutinho and Sterling he has the perfect supporting cast. I am just so excited for next season!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8064 on: June 27, 2014, 10:00:42 am »

The only machines in this world are Ronaldo and Messi. Even the likes of Suarez and Ibrahimovic hit dry spells.

Sturridge is not a machine, but shouldn't that be his motivation and ambition? To better himself and see if he can go up that next level.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8065 on: June 27, 2014, 10:32:50 am »
I wonder if Rodgers will be saying that to Danny. This is your chance to be the main man and prove you can do it season after season. In Coutinho and Sterling he has the perfect supporting cast. I am just so excited for next season!

Reckon Sturridge will love to be the main man up front. I've felt that when playing with Suarez, Sturridge has tried to compete with him. If Suarez does something special, Sturridge wants to prove he's capable of the same. I'd say that hasn't always been good for the team. When he's the main man, he doesn't have to compete. He can focus on his own game and as we've seen before, he's capable of doing a very good job. I have a lot of faith in him to fill the role we need.

That said, I also believe it's great for him to have Suarez around. Luis raises the bar for what's possible and that can only be good for Sturridge's development in the long run.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8066 on: June 27, 2014, 10:44:05 am »
Hope Sturridge becomes our main striker. Build a team round him like we did Torres. Sturridge won't let us down,  he can be world class and he can dance.

Think it comes to the point where Suarez has to go and we could get the players to brimg the most out of Sturridge.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8067 on: June 27, 2014, 11:58:38 am »
Reckon Sturridge will love to be the main man up front. I've felt that when playing with Suarez, Sturridge has tried to compete with him. If Suarez does something special, Sturridge wants to prove he's capable of the same. I'd say that hasn't always been good for the team. When he's the main man, he doesn't have to compete. He can focus on his own game and as we've seen before, he's capable of doing a very good job. I have a lot of faith in him to fill the role we need.

That said, I also believe it's great for him to have Suarez around. Luis raises the bar for what's possible and that can only be good for Sturridge's development in the long run.

This is just a spot on assessment of the situation.

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
« Reply #8068 on: June 27, 2014, 08:05:03 pm »
His comments after exiting the World Cup suggest he will be determined to be even better in the coming season.

His mindset means he is never happy, meaning he will continue to improve until his body no longer can. What a person to have in the team.

I can only imagine seeing the likes of him, Henderson and Gerrard etc constantly looking to improve by staying after training to do extra work will rub off on the younger ones in the squad and set us up well for the long term.  If people were scared to face us last season they must be petrified of how good we could be in 2-3 years.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8069 on: June 27, 2014, 08:54:16 pm »
Hope Sturridge becomes our main striker. Build a team round him like we did Torres. Sturridge won't let us down,  he can be world class and he can dance.

Think it comes to the point where Suarez has to go and we could get the players to brimg the most out of Sturridge.
Sturridge is very good. A great alternative and probably as good as you could get to stand in as our main striker but he ain't Luis Suarez.

He is not as durable, not as strong, doesn't set the tone for the team and the crowd and thus not quite as good.

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
« Reply #8070 on: June 27, 2014, 11:20:49 pm »
Sturridge is very good. A great alternative and probably as good as you could get to stand in as our main striker but he ain't Luis Suarez.

He is not as durable, not as strong, doesn't set the tone for the team and the crowd and thus not quite as good.

I get the impression he would thrive being our main striker.  Hopefully our medical department can work sort out his injury issues.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #8071 on: June 28, 2014, 12:10:01 am »
I get the impression he would thrive being our main striker.  Hopefully our medical department can work sort out his injury issues.

Depending on formation of course I can see him being played a lot more centrally next season.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #8072 on: June 28, 2014, 12:52:00 am »
Who the fuck is Franz Kafka?

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #8073 on: June 28, 2014, 12:55:41 am »
He tweeted this earlier, felt bad for the lad. Clearly means a lot to him, hopefully he can lead us to some silverware this season.

Daniel Sturridge @D_Sturridge  ·  7h
Way back.... Who'd have thought it would have turned out this way. Sleepless nights and heartbreak.....

He's clearly never watched England at a World Cup before ;D
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8074 on: June 28, 2014, 01:13:16 am »
A Hunger Artist.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline oovavu

• eranu
  • Anny Roader
  • Deva Diva
« Reply #8075 on: June 28, 2014, 06:57:43 am »

He turned Jeff Goldblum into a fly.

Online RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #8076 on: June 28, 2014, 08:27:58 am »
IMHO Sturridge is a great finisher, with outrageous skill and pace when fit. However, he is not a pain in the arse striker like LS. We need someone playing that role for Dan to get the space to exploit. Hence Fabio or someone new in will need to play that role - for as long as the ban lasts or we will be reliant on our defence to keep solid and wait for the flashes of brilliance.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8077 on: June 28, 2014, 09:42:27 am »
Look, I'm really sorry.  I'm not a coarse kind of guy but sometimes a swear or two is called for.

What the fucking fuckety fuck are some of you fucking fucks fucking crying about?

You're worried about whether we'll be ok with 'just' Daniel.  JUST 'Daniel'?!! You're a shower, an absolute shower.

Oh no, I'm being attacked by a 4 year old blind girl, I hope I'll be ok with just Batman.  Oh c*nt, I'm in a dangerous, terrifying alien terrain and some sort of space creature needs killing/fucking, I hope I'll be ok with just Captain Kirk.  Oh dangleberry, I have an erection, I hope I'm ok with just Scarlett Johannson. Oh mummy, I have an erection AND I'm really stuck with this maths problem, I hope I'm ok with just Rachel Riley.

JUST DANIEL?!!

Would you say 'just' God? Or 'just' Mr T? Or 'just' Burt Reynolds? Or 'just' Franz Kafka? Or 'just' John Lennon? Or 'just' Ivan Dobsky? Or 'Just' Stephen Hawking? Or 'just' Asterix the Gaul? Or 'just' Columbo?

No you fucking well wouldn't.

Well, take all those pinnacles of humanity/divinity/sexiness.  Put them all in a great big melting pot (big enough to take the world and all it's got) And keep it stirring for a hundred years or more.  And turn out Daniel the man who was born to score. 

I'm aware this is bordering on weird now so I'm going to stop posting about him like some sort of crazed teenage girl with a crush.  It's just I love our club and I love Daniel.  He's a great player and with or without 'other' stars we're lucky to have him and he could go on to be a legend.

Haha! Fuck that.  Daniel.... Let me count the ways I love thee so.  He likes chicken Teriyaki?!! I love chicken teriyaki.  It's the only Subway I like.  And I don't just like it, I fucking adore it.  It's fate.  We're so similar.  So long as he doesn't get too used to those Subway 6 inchers.  I don't want to disappoint him too much, but then I will happily stay in goal all day and all night if he just wants to, you know, take penalties at me all the time.  Bottom right corner Daniel... that's the G-spot.  GOAL!!!!!!!!  ANOTHER GOAL!!!!! AND A THIRD!!!!!! DANIEL DANIEL DANIEL!!!! So long as he doesn't make me wear keepers' gloves.  Aw shucks that's just my own insecurities coming through, he just makes me feel so weak and vulnerable.  I know he wouldn't make me wear gloves, not Daniel, he's not like that.

Anyway, suck my balls if you're worried about how we'll fare next season.  Daniel will win us the league single handedly and that will just be the start.  When the Illuminati push the people too hard eventually there will come a final confrontation.  All the armies and police forces in the world will not be able to stop the forces of good, the goodness of humanity, the divine purity within us all that makes this world so fucking beautiful.  Personified by Daniel Sturridge.

I think someone just hit pon farr.   ;D
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline long.

• Anny Roader
  • He shoots... he SCORES!
« Reply #8078 on: June 28, 2014, 10:13:52 am »
yeah i agree with the previous posts, its all about injury concerns with Sturridge. but barring that I can definitely see him taking the reigns and leading our attack! he's actually the perfect striker! pace, finishing, touch, composure and add to that hes strong enough to hold the ball up as well.

definitely your time to shine next season Dan! glad england got knocked out early actually haha

Offline kneeys

• We know the TRUTH,now give them JUSTICE.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Around long enough to know better...
« Reply #8079 on: June 28, 2014, 10:20:11 am »

Had two seasons in the reserves at Dukla Prague before training to be a Lawyer and getting a job in insurance.
Wrote a few books in his spare time.
The s*n so full of shit you could not even use it to wipe your arse