Author Topic: Daniel Andre Sturridge  (Read 1157211 times)

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Re: Daniel Andre Sturridge
« Reply #7880 on: June 9, 2014, 08:10:27 am »
Rooney gets a free pass despite not doing anything of note for a decade and the England fans are on Daniel's back after one game. This is why I dislike England but will support them because of the amount of Liverpool players in the England squad.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #7881 on: June 9, 2014, 09:38:08 am »
Rooney gets a free pass despite not doing anything of note for a decade and the England fans are on Daniel's back after one game. This is why I dislike England but will support them because of the amount of Liverpool players in the England squad.
I don't like Paul Scholes but he got one thing right and that was that Hodge Lodge should copy the Rodgers system. I hate watching England play, its feckin West Brom on the international scene.

Drop Rooney, play Sterling and Lallana on either side of Sturridge with Barkley behind them and that would be entertaining. Instead it will be potato head still trying to show he is relevant
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Meako1977

• Legacy Fan
  • King of the Kop
« Reply #7882 on: June 9, 2014, 07:34:14 pm »
He is fucking brilliant and my favourite player.

Unbelievably down to earth guy who happens to be cool as fucking ice, and one of the most unpredictable and talented footballers that England has ever produced.

Love him.

Think he suffers for that though. His calmness is taken as being a cocky, arrogant atttitude and everyone presumes that he is like that. From what I have seen from a distance he seems like a nice bloke and always seem to have a lot of time for fans whenever they speak to him.

The lad is an absolute genius and his footwork is second to none and I include Luis in that. For some reason our fans havent quite taken to him and it is the one thing that worries me. He needs love and adulation and in fairness he would be getting it if it wasnt for a certain Uruguayan. Get the feeling that if he doesnt feel that love and respect then would definately consider moving on and would definately be someone elses gain. He has more than earned the support now and a decent song to start with would be a start.
Born in Liverpool, raised a red, lived as a red and will die as a red. YNWA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7883 on: June 9, 2014, 08:41:31 pm »
If anyone hasn't seen him dancing with the briar iliac dancers in training today, then do.

An absolute joy!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

royhendo

« Reply #7884 on: June 9, 2014, 09:40:01 pm »
A proper dude, isn't he?

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7885 on: June 9, 2014, 11:10:29 pm »
he's really enjoying Brazil
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #7886 on: June 10, 2014, 07:11:07 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UmVNg9ES6m8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UmVNg9ES6m8</a>

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #7887 on: June 10, 2014, 09:13:50 am »
Im a bit concerned with Sturridge spending too much time with Wellbad, just hope his mediocrity doesn't rub of on Daniel Andre
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7888 on: June 10, 2014, 01:38:56 pm »
Im a bit concerned with Sturridge spending too much time with Wellbad, just hope his mediocrity doesn't rub of on Daniel Andre

Welbeck is Sturridge's bitch and everyone knows it.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7889 on: June 10, 2014, 02:19:17 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UmVNg9ES6m8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UmVNg9ES6m8</a>

Daniel is just one cool guy can't stand it when people talk bullshit about him.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #7890 on: June 10, 2014, 03:02:21 pm »
Two good lads.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #7891 on: June 10, 2014, 04:15:33 pm »
Sturridge is awesome. Welbeck seems like a nice guy as well.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #7892 on: June 10, 2014, 06:51:14 pm »
^ Yeah, come across as good pals too. Compatible I guess, both as laid back as you like!  ;D

Welbeck should defo play the young Wesley Snipes if Corrie ever do an alternate universe special.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7893 on: June 10, 2014, 07:17:17 pm »

Can people stop generalising the opinions of over 50 million people as a hivemind and using it to bash people?

Sure some don't like Sturridge (mainly seems to be Chelsea and United fans), but lots are sick of Rooney as well.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7894 on: June 10, 2014, 07:29:53 pm »

Being reported in a couple of media agencies that we have opened talks with Sturridge about a new 5 year contract - £100K PLUS wages.

Deserves it IMO - Lad is a beast.

Worth it. I'd probably look at £120k-ish and sizeable bonuses on goals etc.
YNWA.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7895 on: June 10, 2014, 11:45:28 pm »
One of my favorite players at the moment.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #7896 on: June 12, 2014, 12:25:58 am »
Not surprising that he feels at home in Brazil - he plays more like a Brazilian striker than an English one!
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7897 on: June 12, 2014, 09:53:46 am »
Not surprising that he feels at home in Brazil - he plays more like a Brazilian striker than an English one!

Yup. Like how he's embracing the culture/getting involved. I think some guys like him and Sakho are really great characters to have in our team.

Look forward to seeing his video diary - hope it's properly done and later released as an extended video.
YNWA.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #7898 on: June 12, 2014, 04:13:03 pm »
Lovely fella it seems, hope he has a great World Cup 3-5 goals would be nice.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #7899 on: June 14, 2014, 03:24:46 pm »
Lovely fella it seems, hope he has a great World Cup 3-5 goals would be nice.
Just stay fit, Danny.

Don't get me wrong, pleased he's enjoying it, hope he has a great world cup, but would be happy just to see him home uninjured!
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7900 on: June 14, 2014, 03:32:54 pm »
Daniel's interview on ITV yesterday

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6KENSfht4u8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6KENSfht4u8</a>

Offline careca

• Kopite
  • "Shanks - Considered wisdom"
« Reply #7901 on: June 14, 2014, 05:41:08 pm »
he can sling on his dancin' Samba, have a good time, but, I just hope he don't get injured...
Keeping the faith

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7902 on: June 15, 2014, 12:55:31 am »
Nice goal Daniel!! It must be thrilling to score your first World Cup goal.  :)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline careca

• Kopite
  • "Shanks - Considered wisdom"
« Reply #7903 on: June 15, 2014, 01:16:28 am »
Excellent goal ;)
Keeping the faith

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7904 on: June 15, 2014, 02:04:25 am »
Took his goal brilliantly and looked sharp.

Fook off to those "England" fans who gave him abuse after the Honduras game.

Offline long.

• Anny Roader
  • He shoots... he SCORES!
« Reply #7905 on: June 15, 2014, 02:11:05 am »
looks to have a slight knock in the second half, probably a corky to the thigh

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7906 on: June 15, 2014, 02:40:43 am »
The world tonight saw his dance.  It's gone global.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #7907 on: June 15, 2014, 03:05:04 am »
First of many! Looked sharp and dangerous.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7908 on: June 15, 2014, 08:30:00 am »
Do we have any update on his injury?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7909 on: June 15, 2014, 09:21:52 am »
looks to have a slight knock in the second half, probably a corky to the thigh

Yeah, Chiellini left a knee in I think.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7910 on: June 15, 2014, 10:28:02 am »
Took his goal brilliantly and looked sharp.

Fook off to those "England" fans who gave him abuse after the Honduras game.

What did they say to him?
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7911 on: June 15, 2014, 10:37:37 am »
Dead leg i reckon he got last night, shame as England were even worse after he went off.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #7912 on: June 15, 2014, 10:50:35 am »
Daniel's interview on ITV yesterday

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6KENSfht4u8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6KENSfht4u8</a>

Awesome.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7913 on: June 15, 2014, 11:35:02 am »
What did they say to him?

Threw a can of beer at him iirc.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7914 on: June 15, 2014, 11:52:35 pm »
I thought he just was limping from cramps. Went over a couple of times with them.

Thought he was decent in the game but watching his match compilation he was actually very good. Rarely turned it over, held the ball up really well and made some really sharp runs. Took his goal well too, just needed better support from the two Mancs who were turd. England need to fuck off Rooney if they want any chance of going further in the tournament and play with more than two midfielders.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7915 on: June 16, 2014, 12:11:39 am »
Took the goal well but don't think his performance was that great. Really didn't offer much for most of the game
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7916 on: June 16, 2014, 01:07:46 am »
Took the goal well but don't think his performance was that great. Really didn't offer much for most of the game

Really? He was easily England's best goal threat, shots on target, winning free kicks, beating players. His link-up play with Welbeck was pretty impressive. It was a good performance and he certainly offered something throughout the game right up until he went off. If he was on the pitch right up until the final whistle, England would have had a much bigger chance of grabbing an equaliser.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7917 on: June 16, 2014, 01:14:41 am »
Really? He was easily England's best goal threat, shots on target, winning free kicks, beating players. His link-up play with Welbeck was pretty impressive. It was a good performance and he certainly offered something throughout the game right up until he went off. If he was on the pitch right up until the final whistle, England would have had a much bigger chance of grabbing an equaliser.

I'd say Sterling was much better in the game, wanted lambert on for Sturridge after 60 or so

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7918 on: June 16, 2014, 01:17:40 am »
I'd say Sterling was much better in the game, wanted lambert on for Sturridge after 60 or so

:o

Sterling was England best player but Sturridge wasn't far behind. What the fuck were you watching?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7919 on: June 16, 2014, 01:23:42 am »
people in the bar around me were very impressed with Sturridge - so was I.

Mostar's highlight video shows that he was pretty good (yeah yeah it's a highlight video - but it shows how involved he was and how dangerous)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 01:27:52 am by newterp »