Author Topic: Daniel Andre Sturridge  (Read 1157218 times)

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
Re: Daniel Andre Sturridge
« Reply #7840 on: May 30, 2014, 08:56:32 pm »
Good boy! :-) I do like how people, in a roundabout way, keep asking the question why he didnt succeed anywhere else? Thank you Chelsea. ;-)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #7841 on: May 30, 2014, 08:58:42 pm »
Nice from Dr. Hawking on Sturridge. He even takes a little dig at Rooney . 8)

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27608788?

He called Suarez a ballerina the other day. Cheeky git.

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7842 on: May 31, 2014, 08:53:18 am »
Just scored a cracker for England!

Gorgeous goal.

Online the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #7843 on: May 31, 2014, 10:20:35 am »
Not much of a Three Lions fan. Sure I've always wanted them to do well and in some cups- maybe win the odd one, but I want this team to win.

Excellent mix of old and young, skill and graft, a seemingly good team-spirit and an able support team, including Dr. Peters.
I might just give Brazil a break, cause I normally root for them and occasionally, Germany- having German roots myself- and root for England this time.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #7844 on: May 31, 2014, 12:06:48 pm »
Oh the irony of us being generally lukewarm towards England and we are a rising majority in it. How could I not watch last night with so many of our players to enjoy?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:17:33 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7845 on: May 31, 2014, 12:28:12 pm »
Oh the irony of us being generally lukewarm towards England and we are a rising majority in it. How could I not watch last night with so many of our players to enjoy?
It goes beyond lukewarm and into (seemingly) petty hatred for some. It's interesting to see the turnaround in opinion of the majority.
No doubt there will still be some who will love nothing more than to see them crash out of the World Cup though. I really do question those of us who don't want to see a team with so many of our own in do well though.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7846 on: May 31, 2014, 10:19:38 pm »
I don't think he is, paddy power offered him a lot of money that he's going to give to charity I read. A lot of the stuff he came out with in the predictions any person could have come out with like England winning more games at a temperate climate closer to sea level. The most interesting one was England have a 58% win ratio playing 4-3-3 compared with 48% 4-4-2

The figures may be correlation or causation. It could be that England play a more attacking 4-3-3 against weaker teams where there's more likelihood that they'd win anyway. I could be wrong but without more information it would be easy to make a costly mistake as a manager or as a gambler.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7847 on: May 31, 2014, 10:22:00 pm »
It goes beyond lukewarm and into (seemingly) petty hatred for some. It's interesting to see the turnaround in opinion of the majority.
No doubt there will still be some who will love nothing more than to see them crash out of the World Cup though. I really do question those of us who don't want to see a team with so many of our own in do well though.

The fucking England band, Roy Hodgson and his turgid football, Wayne Rooney and Welbeck, Ingerlund fans... I tried last night and was pleased for our lads but I just thought how dreadful it must be for them to have to play under such a godawful manager.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7848 on: May 31, 2014, 11:36:54 pm »
Did he ever get that pay-rise?

Also, is his contract to 2018 or 2016? Transfermarkt etc saying 2018, but I'm sure it was a 3.5 year deal
« Last Edit: June 1, 2014, 12:11:04 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Ruthless

• Wants to bed Matt Damon
  • Anny Roader
  • So heres to you Jordan Henderson!
« Reply #7849 on: June 1, 2014, 02:46:19 am »
some right bullshit on twatter atm about Sturridge wanting to play as a lone striker and wanting a move to Arsenal - Aswell as Manure bidding 75m for Luis.

Silly season has officially landed.
25-05-2005 - We won it for the 5th time, Coincidence? I think not. Oh and the goals? timed 54 mins, 56 mins and 59 Mins, Proof of destiny if you've ever asked for it.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7850 on: June 1, 2014, 04:51:12 am »
New deals for Sterling,Sturridge please

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7851 on: June 1, 2014, 09:14:12 am »
some right bullshit on twatter atm about Sturridge wanting to play as a lone striker and wanting a move to Arsenal - Aswell as Manure bidding 75m for Luis.

Silly season has officially landed.

"Hey Luis, you know how desperate you were to play CL football and how hard you tried to force a move to Arsenal to try and get it? Well United are interested, no CL football, but you get to play for a psychotic Dutchman!"

Sturridge is a smart kid too, he definitely realises how perfectly he fits in here, I doubt he'd leave for Arsenal.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #7852 on: June 2, 2014, 08:43:07 pm »
That Subway advert, though.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7853 on: June 2, 2014, 09:01:13 pm »
That Subway advert, though.

Not quite a sackable offence but not far off. Average choice of sandwich aswell...

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #7854 on: June 2, 2014, 11:28:20 pm »
Not quite a sackable offence but not far off. Average choice of sandwich aswell...
And the kid isn't doing the dance at all right the little gobshite. Wool.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7855 on: June 2, 2014, 11:36:34 pm »

They even left out the part where you need go repeat your order several times as the server forgets what you asked for 4 or 5 times.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #7856 on: June 2, 2014, 11:46:41 pm »
They even left out the part where you need go repeat your order several times as the server forgets what you asked for 4 or 5 times.
And then plunges an ungloved hand into the lettuce, having had a deep, shedding rub of the pubic area.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7857 on: June 4, 2014, 04:48:47 pm »
Going to put some money on him being top scorer in the WC. Think he is going to have a stormer.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline GREGtheRED

• Kopite
« Reply #7858 on: June 4, 2014, 05:51:42 pm »
Going to put some money on him being top scorer in the WC. Think he is going to have a stormer.

He's most definitely got the ability but with Rooney seemingly nailed on to start in behind him, I doubt he will get the ammunition

Offline TXRed

• Anny Roader
  • Just a Bible-thumpin' Liverpool-lovin' Yank
« Reply #7859 on: June 4, 2014, 05:59:21 pm »

That's going to be quite some goal tally for 3 games!

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #7860 on: June 5, 2014, 09:53:15 am »
Being reported in a couple of media agencies that we have opened talks with Sturridge about a new 5 year contract - £100K PLUS wages.

Deserves it IMO - Lad is a beast.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #7861 on: June 5, 2014, 10:14:38 am »
Being reported in a couple of media agencies that we have opened talks with Sturridge about a new 5 year contract - £100K PLUS wages.

Good news, I like that we're being proactive in tying down our best players. No longer any Rick Parry messing around
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7862 on: June 5, 2014, 12:11:00 pm »

Never even go in, always smells weird and horrible from outside. Guess that's where they got the name.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7863 on: June 5, 2014, 12:15:43 pm »

No issues with that, strikers always get big wages and he deserves it. Plus ties him down till he's 29
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #7864 on: June 5, 2014, 12:20:20 pm »

No issues with that, strikers always get big wages and he deserves it. Plus ties him down till he's 29

I think it shows players that we are talking to about joining us that we take care of our talent.

Other clubs might throw cash at players for them to sign initially but our approach is a more than decent wage + an increase to incentivise them to perform.

Smart business IMO

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #7865 on: June 5, 2014, 02:14:31 pm »
Do we know if he's likely to keep his shirt number or change it to the 9 if it becomes available?
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #7866 on: June 5, 2014, 02:15:58 pm »
The fucking England band, Roy Hodgson and his turgid football, Wayne Rooney and Welbeck, Ingerlund fans... I tried last night and was pleased for our lads but I just thought how dreadful it must be for them to have to play under such a godawful manager.

Can you imagine being the likes of Barkley, Sturridge etc getting coached by tactically decent, young managers like Rodgers and Martinez, then going to get told what to do by Roy?
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #7867 on: June 5, 2014, 03:29:53 pm »
Do we know if he's likely to keep his shirt number or change it to the 9 if it becomes available?
Pretty sure his preference is number 15. Something to do with it being the sum of the letters in 'Daniel Sturridge' when he picked it as a youngster?
XBL: Flash6289

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #7868 on: June 5, 2014, 03:36:00 pm »

Deserves it. But for Suarez he would have been the Player of the Year.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7869 on: June 5, 2014, 03:45:39 pm »
Yeah fair point, there is a lot to hate about the England set up in general ;D

Say what you want about Hodgson though, but he seems to understand the quality players we have.
If only he knew how to use them... it's like Hodgson wanting a guitar because he's seen Rodgers play some amazing music with it, despite having never learned to play himself.
... then he breaks it up & uses the wood to board things up & the strings as dental floss.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7870 on: June 5, 2014, 04:05:12 pm »
I truly hate him playing for England >:(

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7871 on: June 5, 2014, 07:19:44 pm »
Watching England is sort of like a living nightmare where Hodgson comes back to manage the team.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #7872 on: June 8, 2014, 06:36:43 pm »
A well written and much needed article for all those muppets calling for Sturridge to be dropped after yesterday's performance....
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jun/08/daniel-sturridge-england-world-cup-brazil-2014

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #7873 on: June 8, 2014, 07:16:34 pm »
A well written and much needed article for all those muppets calling for Sturridge to be dropped after yesterday's performance....
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jun/08/daniel-sturridge-england-world-cup-brazil-2014
the amount of hatred and underestimation for Sturridge in those comments under the article is mind boggling.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7874 on: June 8, 2014, 08:46:28 pm »
I don't care about the English national team for the obvious reasons, but the one player that I hope and want to do well is Daniel. The amount of shite spouted about him by the English supporters is disgraceful and ridiculous on all levels. I hope he finishes as the top goal-scorer just to shut up everyone that's doubting him.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7875 on: June 8, 2014, 09:27:05 pm »

Came here to post this. Solid piece by Ronay.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7876 on: June 8, 2014, 09:33:03 pm »
I don't care about the English national team for the obvious reasons, but the one player that I hope and want to do well is Daniel. The amount of shite spouted about him by the English supporters is disgraceful and ridiculous on all levels. I hope he finishes as the top goal-scorer just to shut up everyone that's doubting him.

And then retires from international football!

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7877 on: June 8, 2014, 10:02:07 pm »

nice article

" he's still trying to catch Roy's eye..." after being the best english footballer for one and a half season :wave
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7878 on: June 8, 2014, 11:35:03 pm »
Have I missed something? He's a nailed on starter for England. He has been the last 4-5 first team games that he's been fit.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7879 on: June 8, 2014, 11:39:38 pm »
Have I missed something? He's a nailed on starter for England. He has been the last 4-5 first team games that he's been fit.

Exactly. Yes he missed chances and he'll need to make sure he's on it for the WC. But throughout that Honduras game, who else actually was on the end of a decent opportunity?