Author Topic: Liverpool Sign Adam Lallana  (Read 229612 times)

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Sign Adam Lallana
« Reply #2120 on: October 7, 2014, 12:34:18 am »
See, the thought I had when Allen was fit again was to put him straight back in the team but with a performance like that, Lallana doesn't deserved to be dropped. He is doing his job very well now that he is past his injury and giving the manager great problems to have.

Think they'll actually work really well together in the same team....really looking forward to a fit pair starting for us.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #2121 on: October 7, 2014, 12:36:08 am »
Hopefully the progress Lallana has made in the last 3-4 games can serve as a reminder to everyone that players should be given time to get their fitness up and to gel with their teammates before we judge them.

I'm talking mainly about this group of players:

- Markovic: missed most of preseason, very young, and is also new to the PL.
- Balotelli: missed most of preseason with this team, and is still getting used to playing in a fast-paced attack again.
- Lambert: short of match fitness and getting used to teammates and pace that we play at.
- Can: very young, new to our style and the PL

To a lesser extent:
- Moreno/Manquillo: Both have settled remarkably quickly and been awesome, but we should remain patient if they have a dip in form during the season.
- Lovren: Needs time to build an understanding with Skrtel or Sakho.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2122 on: October 7, 2014, 12:38:31 am »
See, the thought I had when Allen was fit again was to put him straight back in the team but with a performance like that, Lallana doesn't deserved to be dropped. He is doing his job very well now that he is past his injury and giving the manager great problems to have.

Lallana played wide left on Saturday, though. If Allen was to come in on the back of Saturday's performance, it'd be for Coutinho.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2123 on: October 7, 2014, 12:42:33 am »
Lallana played wide left on Saturday, though. If Allen was to come in on the back of Saturday's performance, it'd be for Coutinho.

You're right. I forgot about Coutinho  :butt
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
« Reply #2124 on: October 7, 2014, 01:35:16 am »
I had said at the beginning of the season that he was going to be the player tasked with replacing Suarez' creativity in the final third. Now he's getting to the point where his form is good enough to prove that. He's going to be a smashing success.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #2125 on: October 7, 2014, 02:21:51 am »
I had said at the beginning of the season that he was going to be the player tasked with replacing Suarez' creativity in the final third. Now he's getting to the point where his form is good enough to prove that. He's going to be a smashing success.

Totally agree. I have really hopes of lallana

Future captain IMO if he stays long enough

Him and hendo can fight for it

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #2126 on: October 7, 2014, 04:53:26 am »

I think so too. I love Hendo but it feels like Lallana is a bit more charismatic. Hendo still doesn't feel like he has quite the personality and influence of a captain just yet.

Offline ThisIsMickey

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2127 on: October 7, 2014, 05:02:36 am »
I think so too. I love Hendo but it feels like Lallana is a bit more charismatic. Hendo still doesn't feel like he has quite the personality and influence of a captain just yet.

Can't agree with that. I think Hendo is ready to be captain and already doing the job without the armband. Lallana is also a good option though
"100% of the shots you don't take don't go in"

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2128 on: October 7, 2014, 05:03:40 am »

Recent statements made by Henderson have been quite captain-like. I never thought he would amount to more than a squad player to be offloaded in 3-4 seasons but he has really shown his quality and kept on improving. Among the younger players there is no doubt that he is the most deserving.

Lallana has not been int he team long enough to be considered for captain.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #2129 on: October 7, 2014, 05:11:25 am »
Can't agree with that. I think Hendo is ready to be captain and already doing the job without the armband. Lallana is also a good option though

Recent statements made by Henderson have been quite captain-like. I never thought he would amount to more than a squad player to be offloaded in 3-4 seasons but he has really shown his quality and kept on improving. Among the younger players there is no doubt that he is the most deserving.

Lallana has not been int he team long enough to be considered for captain.

I don't think either of them will be captain any time soon, because I expect Gerrard will continue playing for another season after this one.

And again, I want to reiterate that I love Hendo. One of things I (and everyone else) love about him is his attitude and enthusiasm, and I think he exhibits certain leadership qualities (his defense of Raheem in that England presser comes to mind). But does he have the same charisma of a Gerrard or an Alonso, Suarez or Hyypia? I'm not quite sure. He certainly makes a great vice captain right now, that's for sure.

Offline Wernerred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2130 on: October 8, 2014, 09:44:41 am »
Finally got to watch the WBA game last night and I have no words.. What a fucking player. I see much quicker, technical, two footed version of Kuyt. Adams pressing game is even more clever that Dirks ever was for us. And I rated the dutchman really high mind. With his movement and reading of the game, Lallana is going to bag a good few tap-ins for Liverpool I reckon.

Offline ThisIsMickey

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2131 on: October 8, 2014, 10:18:11 am »
With his movement and reading of the game, Lallana is going to bag a good few tap-ins for Liverpool I reckon.

I'm sure once Sturridge is fit or Balotelli starts firing, Lallana will be the provider of some tap-ins also
"100% of the shots you don't take don't go in"

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #2132 on: October 8, 2014, 10:24:43 am »
Would love to see Lallana, Sterling, Balotelli & Sturridge on the pitch at the same time.  But that would mean essentially fielding 4 strikers although I do think Lallana has the potential to be more disciplined and play keep ball in the middle third.

Would settle for Lallana, Sterling & Sturridge backed up by Allen, Henderson & Gerrard.  Good blend of youth and experience there.

Offline Wernerred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2133 on: October 8, 2014, 10:49:44 am »
I'm sure once Sturridge is fit or Balotelli starts firing, Lallana will be the provider of some tap-ins also

And that too mate. I think Hank, when it clicks and we start dominate games Rodgers will be able to field all four (Lallana, Sterling, Balotelli & Sturridge) And Coutinho. Exciting times ahead.

Offline Mingle

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I believe...
« Reply #2134 on: October 8, 2014, 11:21:43 am »

It’s all about opinions but that’s an odd one for me. Not only do I find it surprising you see those things so early in Lallanas Liverpool career but the its fact you don’t think Henderson has  “the personality and influence of a captain"…. I think that’s one of his strongest traits

Maybe it’s me but they are very odd views
At the end of a storm, Theres a golden sky...Believe in Brendan

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2135 on: October 8, 2014, 12:02:03 pm »
Finally got to watch the WBA game last night and I have no words.. What a fucking player. I see much quicker, technical, two footed version of Kuyt. Adams pressing game is even more clever that Dirks ever was for us. And I rated the dutchman really high mind. With his movement and reading of the game, Lallana is going to bag a good few tap-ins for Liverpool I reckon.
I have to say that is a quite strange comparison. Kuyt is probaly the last player I could think of that Lallana reminds me of, but to each his own, I guess.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2136 on: October 8, 2014, 12:10:33 pm »
Would love to see Lallana, Sterling, Balotelli & Sturridge on the pitch at the same time.

And so we shall if The Owl uses his fucking loaf over the next few days. 

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #2137 on: October 8, 2014, 07:29:36 pm »
That'll be the day.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

« Reply #2138 on: October 8, 2014, 10:16:59 pm »
Would love to see Lallana, Sterling, Balotelli & Sturridge on the pitch at the same time.  But that would mean essentially fielding 4 strikers although I do think Lallana has the potential to be more disciplined and play keep ball in the middle third.

Would settle for Lallana, Sterling & Sturridge backed up by Allen, Henderson & Gerrard.  Good blend of youth and experience there.

I think the latter would be our best front 6, but Balo replacing Allen would be nice at some home games

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2139 on: October 8, 2014, 10:52:27 pm »
And so we shall if The Owl uses his fucking loaf over the next few days.

He's signing Balotelli for England?

;)

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2140 on: October 8, 2014, 11:23:09 pm »

you are right... last season Lallana had the most successful passes in the final third

he is a quick thinker
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2141 on: October 8, 2014, 11:34:55 pm »
I think the latter would be our best front 6, but Balo replacing Allen would be nice at some home games

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we basically make the mistake of overloading the front line, in the Hull away game last season?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2142 on: October 8, 2014, 11:38:15 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we basically make the mistake of overloading the front line, in the Hull away game last season?

Nope. We had a Gerrard-Lucas midfield, no Sturridge, and Sterling and Moses were crap.

Offline Canuck33

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2143 on: October 9, 2014, 02:20:56 am »

I have a feeling that we might see that front 6 in the near future. Hopefully in a fluid set-up of two three's. Sort of like Gerrard, Henderson and Allen interchanging between the pivot, pressing and attacking midfield roles. And the front three doning a similar thing up front.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2144 on: October 9, 2014, 09:20:41 am »
Just seen his goal. Fucking brilliant.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2145 on: October 9, 2014, 09:26:58 am »
Just seen his goal. Fucking brilliant.

The piece of skill/ drag bag he done leading up to his one-two with Henderson just before the goal was exquisite.

The lad has brilliant feet, serious serious skill and a football brain to match.

And he's got goals in him.

Even the build up before his piece of skill, he tried a great run down the left hand side and dragged the marker away before coming quickly back inside to give himself some space.

I honestly think skies the limit for Lallana.  Its maybe unfashionable to say this because he's English and because of his age and being somewhat a 'late bloomer' but honestly, he's got it all.

Very very impressed with him so far.  He will get better and better in this team.

Offline Canuck33

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2146 on: October 9, 2014, 12:18:30 pm »
The piece of skill/ drag bag he done leading up to his one-two with Henderson just before the goal was exquisite.

The lad has brilliant feet, serious serious skill and a football brain to match.

And he's got goals in him.

Even the build up before his piece of skill, he tried a great run down the left hand side and dragged the marker away before coming quickly back inside to give himself some space.

I honestly think skies the limit for Lallana.  Its maybe unfashionable to say this because he's English and because of his age and being somewhat a 'late bloomer' but honestly, he's got it all.

Very very impressed with him so far.  He will get better and better in this team.

He's definitely starting to look like he was worth the money. Let's hope some of the other lads can follow suit.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2147 on: October 9, 2014, 12:41:49 pm »

You could play Lallana next to Hendo and Gerrard in the centre of the pitch. Like this.

Mignolet
Manquillo Skrtel Lovren Moreno

Gerrard
               Hendo Lallana

Sterling
           Balotelli Sturridge

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2148 on: October 9, 2014, 12:42:38 pm »
Can almost feel an international duty injury coming with him
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2149 on: October 9, 2014, 02:18:12 pm »

Or, to keep the midfield compact, they could share the honour by literally slipping one arm each through the captain's armband. There would be no players just waltzing through the centre of our midfield then.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Delmar

• RAWK ist nicht under Ziel - die TLW unser Weg
  • Anny Roader
  • A lifelong Red....
« Reply #2150 on: October 9, 2014, 04:51:14 pm »
Was at an LMA dinner thing last night through work, and Roberto Martinez was on my table, and ended up sitting next to him for the best part of 3 hours. I asked quite a few questions, and the one that stands out is "who would you pick from Liverpool's current team, to go to Everton, if money were no object"? He said Adam Lallana, saying that he believes he is one of the most naturally gifted English attacking midfielders in the league at present.

He also said we enquired about Barkey in the summer, as did City and Chelsea, and that he regrets missing out on Origi.

A bluenose maybe, but a very decent chap, and extremely passionate about football and the way the game should be played.
Justice for the 96. YNWA

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #2151 on: October 9, 2014, 05:22:38 pm »
Was at an LMA dinner thing last night through work, and Roberto Martinez was on my table, and ended up sitting next to him for the best part of 3 hours. I asked quite a few questions, and the one that stands out is "who would you pick from Liverpool's current team, to go to Everton, if money were no object"? He said Adam Lallana, saying that he believes he is one of the most naturally gifted English attacking midfielders in the league at present.

He also said we enquired about Barkey in the summer, as did City and Chelsea, and that he regrets missing out on Origi.

A bluenose maybe, but a very decent chap, and extremely passionate about football and the way the game should be played.

One of the few opposition managers who does come across as a decent fella.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2152 on: October 9, 2014, 05:47:00 pm »

Been thinking this ever since Sturridge went down.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #2153 on: October 9, 2014, 11:46:59 pm »

Oh man that's brilliant mate!
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #2154 on: October 9, 2014, 11:47:59 pm »

Please don't make me cry..
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #2155 on: October 10, 2014, 05:52:13 am »

Wow :D
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.