Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2773641 times)

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #61280 on: September 12, 2021, 08:40:00 pm »
So many exciting young QBs to follow at the moment....Burrow, Lawrence, Tua, Herbert, Lance, Wilson, Fields, Jones. Though I have a feeling Tom Brady will still be playing well after they have all retired :D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 08:43:19 pm by jedimaster »
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61281 on: September 12, 2021, 08:43:33 pm »
Bills looking very average against Steelers, and on way to Opening day loss
That's true, but the Steelers defense is legit.

Meanwhile, from the Department of Metaphors, a sewage pipe breaks at Dan Snyder's house of fun with hilarious/horrific consequences
https://twitter.com/Your_Guy_Nix/status/1437125368310374410?s=19
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #61282 on: September 12, 2021, 09:41:04 pm »
Tua TD
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61283 on: September 12, 2021, 09:42:09 pm »
good first drive by the browns for the TD that.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #61284 on: September 12, 2021, 09:46:50 pm »
Some bonkers results so far

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61285 on: September 12, 2021, 09:49:37 pm »
and the bungles win. they should have with the way they blew that lead.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61286 on: September 12, 2021, 11:18:49 pm »
Aaron Rodgers is having an awful game, last 2 drives ended up in picks, Saints not missing Drew Brees.
#Sausages

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61287 on: September 12, 2021, 11:24:17 pm »
Aaron Rodgers is having an awful game, last 2 drives ended up in picks, Saints not missing Drew Brees.

He only had something daft like 3 all last season. They're getting smashed today but I still reckon they'll be fine.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61288 on: September 13, 2021, 12:30:28 am »
Cleveland played so well but ultimately fell short in the fourth, but damn that AFC North will be so close also this year. Mahomes being his usual self when it mattered in the second half. Kansas City do what an AFC championship team does - winning games in all different manners.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 12:32:20 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #61289 on: September 13, 2021, 01:20:07 am »
AFC East leaders baby!

Probably sky game next week Vs bills given not many good ones....bills will look bounce back, thiguht they fucked up earlier not running ball more before went behind.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61290 on: September 13, 2021, 01:34:44 am »
AFC East leaders baby!

Probably sky game next week Vs bills given not many good ones....bills will look bounce back, thiguht they fucked up earlier not running ball more before went behind.

I don't think they'll have the bills on 2 weeks running. They don't usually tend to do that.

Thought Cleveland and Mayfield looked very good offensively but kc are a good team, obviously.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #61291 on: September 14, 2021, 05:16:54 am »
Fair play to the lads, they did their best to lose the game, but I guess it wasn't meant to be and they somehow won in OT, against a depleted Ravens team.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61292 on: September 14, 2021, 07:52:19 am »
Thank God football is back. I like the fact that the Cowboys gave the Bucs a proper game. I also enjoyed the implosion of the Bills vs the Steelers. Mahomes doing Mahomes stuff is always entertaining. That TD pass to Hill in the fourth quarter was mesmerizing to watch.

This is only my third season watching the NFL. Wht are the expert’s  verdict on the Cowboys?

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #61293 on: September 14, 2021, 09:06:40 am »
This is only my third season watching the NFL. Wht are the expert’s  verdict on the Cowboys?

Lots of hype hiding some of the flaws. Collins is out for (probably) 5 weeks, Gallup out for 3-5 weeks, Gregory has just tested positive for Covid so may miss week 2 (though the Boys have a lot of bodies at DE, if not necessarily talent), McCarthy is still the coach (so we can expect some ultra conservative play-calling at key moments) and they are trying to transition out of the worst every defense the Cowboys have ever fielded historically.

Good news is that the offense were great against the Bucs, the defense were about good enough (4 turnovers but still gave up 31 points and the win) and Dak looks great.

General consensus is if Dak stays healthy, they should win the division by 1+ games, probably around 10 or 11 wins. If he's not healthy they are projecting as low as 5 or 6. After week 1, I don't think the consensus has changed any. They were expected to lose against the Bucs. How they lost was encouraging but it's still a loss. Chargers beat WFT last week and that's who's next for the Cowboys. Given how good the WFT defense is and kept the Chargers to 20pts, I think they are good for near 30pts against the Cowboys so Dak etc needs to top that if possible. I have Chargers to win at home but the Cowboys to go on a roll out to week 11 where they likely get pasted by the Chiefs. After that it's how they fare against the rest of the NFC East.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #61294 on: September 14, 2021, 09:42:18 am »
I think the Cowboys will run away with the NFC East. They went toe to toe with the Bucs who will blow out alot of teams this year IMO.

Rest of the NFC East isn't going to trouble them. Washington have a great defence but with Fitzpatrick out for a while they don't really have an offence. Giants are a joke obviously and the Eagles looked great against the Falcons but I think the Falcons might only win 3/4 games all season so not sure that win means too much.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61295 on: September 14, 2021, 10:12:57 am »
the most accurate prediction of week 1's games.

https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/1437571459946319876

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61296 on: September 14, 2021, 10:38:32 am »
Thank God football is back. I like the fact that the Cowboys gave the Bucs a proper game. I also enjoyed the implosion of the Bills vs the Steelers. Mahomes doing Mahomes stuff is always entertaining. That TD pass to Hill in the fourth quarter was mesmerizing to watch.

They have best Offense in the NFC if Dak stays healthy passing wise. Defense has question but if it not insanely bad and can be around avg they should win the NFC east however it Dallas(how could it Owner/Gm meddled too much) and Mike Mccarthy isnt the best decision maker at times. Kellan Moore should be a HC at some point he that good of a playcaller. They dont have much room for error for it either They have 3 #1 Talent WRs and a good OL(Fully healthy) and a Stud QB, Defense has a very good Edge rusher but they are lacking high level talent at the backend. Elliott and Pollard are both good backs and catch but also that OL matters.
Defense overall doesnt matter as much as QB but like not far away from being insanely terrible because Dan Quinn system rely's playing very high level cover 3 system which includes cover 1 unless he adjusts which i never saw him do in atl.
Moore will find somebody as he really good but they need Dak who has been healthy outside of a freak injury.
Dan Quinn Defense would be comparable to Pep trying to play level 3 football at Burnley but he has 1 stud striker and MF at this time it going to have some result but process wise could go really bad. They lack Defense talent overall where they need it, lack a #1 CB and more then 1 edge rusher. Quinn defense getting to the super bowl with that offense had elite level corner, Stud Mike and SS also and multiple edge rushers. Parsons look really he the Mfers and Lawerence is the striker but there CBs are like Lovren.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #61297 on: September 14, 2021, 01:02:39 pm »
the most accurate prediction of week 1's games.

https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/1437571459946319876
'kinell that was spot on  :o

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61298 on: September 14, 2021, 01:23:25 pm »
Great answers. I watched Hard Knocks and Dax struck me as a very confident guy. His stats before his injury were decent as well. Will be interesting to follow them this season.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #61299 on: September 14, 2021, 04:11:26 pm »
I think the Cowboys will run away with the NFC East. They went toe to toe with the Bucs who will blow out alot of teams this year IMO.

Rest of the NFC East isn't going to trouble them. Washington have a great defence but with Fitzpatrick out for a while they don't really have an offence. Giants are a joke obviously and the Eagles looked great against the Falcons but I think the Falcons might only win 3/4 games all season so not sure that win means too much.

Will be interesting to see the Eagles vs. 49ers this week. Jalen Hurts looked pretty good this week, even if it was only against the Falcons. Jalen Reagor and Devonta Smith versus a 49ers backfield that looks quite weak now Jason Verrett is out injured for the season with an ACL. Could be an opportunity for the Eagles.

I think you'll know more about the relative strengths of both teams after this game. If the 49ers can win and do so without further injuries (already have top corner and No.1 and No.2 RBs on IR) then it'll convince me that they are genuine contenders for NFC West. Winning the NFC West is the 1st hurdle for any team in the NFC West given how strong that division is. If the Eagles win then I think it says they are a genuine contender for the NFC East. Washington having Fitzpatrick out and presumably Taylor Heinicke starting at QB significantly reduces their chances despite having one of the best young defences in the league. Giants aren't coming anywhere close to winning 9-10 games so there's potentially only the Cowboys to get past.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61300 on: September 14, 2021, 08:11:55 pm »
The full Ravens vs Raiders overtime with commentary from Eli & Peyton Manning & Russell Wilson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5KiJFx8S4I
#Sausages

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61301 on: September 14, 2021, 09:15:33 pm »
Bucs started very slowly last year so wouldn't read anything into the Cowboys doing well against them as much as a lot of people want them to. They've been given gimmies two years in a row and still failed to make the playoffs so I'll believe it when I see it. Them having a winning record would be the first start, let alone running away with the division. Prescott is not worth the money he's on, they should've traded him with those demands and drafted one of the new guys instead to build a working defense. Now they've cap-tied themselves with Mahomes-like pay for a few years for a QB nowhere near the same quality.

Dak's gone through a lot and I'm sure he's a great bloke but I really can't see what makes people rave about him as a QB. He's solid but not fantastic. Throwing a lot of yards counts for little when you've never hit a 2 TD/game ratio in the modern game. Even with 23 games fewer played, Mahomes has already well and truly passed him for total TD's (114-109) whereas Deshaun Watson is close with 104 in 17 fewer games. In the past 65 games of his, Tom Brady has thrown 129 TD's so twenty more in five less games in his 40's!

Now tell me Dak has deserved that contract looking at that  :wave
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 09:27:36 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #61302 on: September 16, 2021, 09:07:25 am »
Ha! That didn't take long for the Dallas defense to start falling apart:
Gallimore already on IR with a hyper-extened elbow.
Randy Gregory on Covid protocols will likely miss week 2.
Demarcus Lawrence just broke his foot in practice, 5th metatarsil. Probably 6-8 weeks.

I won't list who's filling in for them because you don't know them.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #61303 on: September 16, 2021, 09:15:32 am »
Fair play to the lads, they did their best to lose the game, but I guess it wasn't meant to be and they somehow won in OT, against a depleted Ravens team.

Just saw somewhere that Denzelle Good has done his ACL. Apparently he played an entire drive without knowing...another blight on an O-Line that was a work on progress. Dan Hanzus was saying Alex Leatherwood wasnt good at all against the Ravens. Mayock`s first rounders aren`t very good, are they? Ferrell was a "healthy scratch" for the game.  :o
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61304 on: September 16, 2021, 09:40:55 am »
Just saw somewhere that Denzelle Good has done his ACL. Apparently he played an entire drive without knowing...another blight on an O-Line that was a work on progress. Dan Hanzus was saying Alex Leatherwood wasnt good at all against the Ravens. Mayock`s first rounders aren`t very good, are they? Ferrell was a "healthy scratch" for the game.  :o
Are we sure it Mayock fully? Also an OL men struggling in first NFL game vs good Edge players is not an Issue. Ferrell was an overdraft when they did it. I think leatherwood and the 2nd round pick legit could have swapped spots but they have a very good OL coach who has done a good job with OL men. Also I dont remember if Leatherwood played any RT at Alabama, switching sides isnt easy overall.
https://twitter.com/BigDuke50/status/1437971927658807296
https://twitter.com/BigDuke50/status/1437974877093474304

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #61305 on: September 16, 2021, 10:50:55 am »
Are we sure it Mayock fully? Also an OL men struggling in first NFL game vs good Edge players is not an Issue. Ferrell was an overdraft when they did it. I think leatherwood and the 2nd round pick legit could have swapped spots but they have a very good OL coach who has done a good job with OL men. Also I dont remember if Leatherwood played any RT at Alabama, switching sides isnt easy overall.
https://twitter.com/BigDuke50/status/1437971927658807296
https://twitter.com/BigDuke50/status/1437974877093474304

No we don`t.

Hopefully the line will come together, the Ravens line seemed to have more problems with our rush. It`s a pity about Good though as he has actually played well since he arrived.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61306 on: September 16, 2021, 09:18:46 pm »
No we don`t.

Hopefully the line will come together, the Ravens line seemed to have more problems with our rush. It`s a pity about Good though as he has actually played well since he arrived.
Cable done a good job with the line over his time. I wont worry about it too much.
If raiders have issues this year I know who getting fired and it not Jon Gruden

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61307 on: September 17, 2021, 04:42:34 am »
Incredible game at Fedex Field tonight.

Not the highest quality but amazing drama.
King Kenny.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61308 on: September 17, 2021, 04:44:32 am »
Incredible game at Fedex Field tonight.

Not the highest quality but amazing drama.
That game was Wild. Miss the game winner get a 2nd chance bc of offside then win it lol. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #61309 on: September 17, 2021, 06:04:06 am »
Finally got to see some NFL, thank fuck

opening game, top game but frustrating as fuck from a tampa point of view, i thought they'd blown it with all the penalties but that man does it again and puts them in a position to win (sure he caught some luck with that stumble throw but meh, you ride your luck a bit when you're that good  :D )

brady and dak had top games, cowboys impressed me in general and gronk and brown (looked as sharp as i've seen him since his pittsburgh days) were balling

as for the buccs, like brady said in his post match interview 'we've a lot to clean up', nail on head there
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61310 on: September 17, 2021, 07:10:28 am »

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61311 on: September 17, 2021, 07:40:19 am »
New edition of Hard Knocks starting in November following the Colts through the season.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #61312 on: September 17, 2021, 11:08:21 am »
Kyler Murray was a lot of fun to watch at the weekend.

Only just really caught up on the highlights, I do think the Seahawks are going to have a good season.

Cowboy's defence is in absolute rags at the moment, talk of them walking their division but I can see them struggling defensively against the Eagles this weekend.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61313 on: September 17, 2021, 11:30:34 am »
Kyler Murray was a lot of fun to watch at the weekend.

Only just really caught up on the highlights, I do think the Seahawks are going to have a good season.

Cowboy's defence is in absolute rags at the moment, talk of them walking their division but I can see them struggling defensively against the Eagles this weekend.
They were playing the Bucs. Let's see how they do against the Chargers this weekend.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #61314 on: September 17, 2021, 11:46:59 am »
They were playing the Bucs. Let's see how they do against the Chargers this weekend.
Misread their schedule and thought they had the Eagles. Of course the Bucs were always going to be a massive challenge, but they've had like three of the starting defence ruled out in the time since, no?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61315 on: September 17, 2021, 05:39:55 pm »
Gronk.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #61316 on: September 17, 2021, 09:11:25 pm »
If there's a more slappable guy in the NFL I have yet to see him...

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61317 on: September 18, 2021, 09:43:40 am »
If there's a more slappable guy in the NFL I have yet to see him...

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61318 on: September 18, 2021, 09:49:19 am »
I can't hate on gronk. he's just gronk.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61319 on: September 18, 2021, 12:05:59 pm »
Games sky have opted for are, Eagles vs 49ers at 6pm and Chargers vs Cowboys at 9.25pm
#Sausages