Poll

Obviously the Brexit effects are only just showing and it's going to get a lot, lot worse.. but for now..

.. Brexit is going great. Sunlit fucking plateaus full of fucking wonder
.. Brexit is just taking time, it'll be reet
Moo!
.. Brexit is pretty bad, but maybe will get better
.. Brexit is terrible
.. Rees Mogg and all the Brexiters should be hung off a lamp-post.
.. Rees Mogg and all the Brexiters should be hung off a lamp-post AND I like cheese

Author Topic: Brexit. the Con continues  (Read 535569 times)

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
Re: Brexit. the Con continues
« Reply #5040 on: September 25, 2021, 10:15:46 am »
Wife didn’t make it in time to my kids swimming lessons because of traffic caused by idiots queueing for gas  :no

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5041 on: September 25, 2021, 11:25:13 am »
Get out of here with logic !

That is a beautiful point though.

... Is it just EU ones? I assumed it was, but why not get us some from anywhere.

Along with the HGV licence, you need a driver CPC qualification to drive a truck in the UK, the only drivers who have that outside of the UK are EU drivers.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5042 on: September 25, 2021, 02:18:00 pm »
Get out of here with logic !

That is a beautiful point though.

... Is it just EU ones? I assumed it was, but why not get us some from anywhere.
I think we've had enough of logic.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5043 on: September 25, 2021, 02:20:29 pm »
I hope kier phrases it like that at pmq.
Kier should really position labour as anti brexit now.
It's a shame that Labour voted for the negotiated Brexit agreement (when they could have abstained). Rather dilutes or even negates potential criticism from the Labour Party.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5044 on: September 25, 2021, 03:02:47 pm »
It's a shame that Labour voted for the negotiated Brexit agreement (when they could have abstained). Rather dilutes or even negates potential criticism from the Labour Party.
I can't remember the whole situation at the time. was their a chance of Johnsons deal failing without Labours backing, think that was the worry at the time but not certain.
 I know the choice was either Johnsons awful deal or a no deal. no win situation choice, do you want a awful deal or a catastrophic deal, depends on your priority's I suppose, a catastrophic deal that would bring chaos very quickly etc but all the blame could be thrown at the Torys, great for the Labour party but a tragedy for the people of this country. the other choice was to accept the no win situation and vote to make sure Johnsons deal passes to avoid a no deal. am certainly not praising Starmer for the choice the party made but I imagine we could have been talking about Starmer whipping his MPs to vote for a no deal so he's a hypocrite criticizing Johnson for all the chaos as Johnsons deal would have avoided that chaos.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5045 on: September 25, 2021, 08:53:16 pm »
I can't remember the whole situation at the time. was their a chance of Johnsons deal failing without Labours backing, think that was the worry at the time but not certain.
 I know the choice was either Johnsons awful deal or a no deal. no win situation choice, do you want a awful deal or a catastrophic deal, depends on your priority's I suppose, a catastrophic deal that would bring chaos very quickly etc but all the blame could be thrown at the Torys, great for the Labour party but a tragedy for the people of this country. the other choice was to accept the no win situation and vote to make sure Johnsons deal passes to avoid a no deal. am certainly not praising Starmer for the choice the party made but I imagine we could have been talking about Starmer whipping his MPs to vote for a no deal so he's a hypocrite criticizing Johnson for all the chaos as Johnsons deal would have avoided that chaos.
Only if Labour voted against it. Abstention would have set exactly the right tone. That is, although Labour thought the deal was dreadful, to have actually voted against it probably would have lead to a hard Brexit with no transitional arrangements. And to vote for it would (and did) imply that Labour thought the deal was a good one. This was all hashed out here at the time. It is a mystery to me why the PLP were whipped into voting for it. Should have stayed out of it and let the Tories own it alone.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5046 on: September 25, 2021, 09:38:35 pm »
Only if Labour voted against it. Abstention would have set exactly the right tone. That is, although Labour thought the deal was dreadful, to have actually voted against it probably would have lead to a hard Brexit with no transitional arrangements. And to vote for it would (and did) imply that Labour thought the deal was a good one. This was all hashed out here at the time. It is a mystery to me why the PLP were whipped into voting for it. Should have stayed out of it and let the Tories own it alone.
I think Starmer probably did make a mistake as his reasons for whipping to support the deal are complicated, we had left the EU so the situation had changed from previous votes, it was Johnsons deal or a no deal choice,  I don't think the vote passing was a foregone conclusion at the time as people did doubt the ERG etc support, Starmer basically put country before party. having said that wasn't this Johnsons plan all along, leave things to the last possible second to leave us no options, his deal or a no deal. I would have gone abstain or free vote but at the end of the day the damage had already been done.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 09:40:11 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5047 on: September 26, 2021, 12:19:36 am »
You won't find British drivers in the 3rd or 4th lane, we know not to drive in there.

Come on Rob, that's bullshit. My dad was a lorry driver and I spent many a school holiday in his cab listening to him rant about hgv's doing the wrong thing, including running in the outside lane.
I did a short stint as a lorry driver when I finished my apprenticeship  and I saw plenty of hgv's in the outside lane, remember this was back when foreign drivers were very unusual.
It's the equivalent of saying all Liverpool supporters are angels...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5048 on: September 26, 2021, 12:30:45 am »
Come on Rob, that's bullshit. My dad was a lorry driver and I spent many a school holiday in his cab listening to him rant about hgv's doing the wrong thing, including running in the outside lane.
I did a short stint as a lorry driver when I finished my apprenticeship  and I saw plenty of hgv's in the outside lane, remember this was back when foreign drivers were very unusual.

I've been driving for 40 years and I have yet to see a HGV in the fast lane of the Motorway and I've driven North and South, East and West, Scotland, Wales and even Down south where people can't drive for shite.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5049 on: September 26, 2021, 07:31:56 am »

There are still the odd dickhead, but when your dad was driving the motorways weren't covered in CCTV cameras so you could get away with that and didn't have VOSA monitoring and doing their best to find any old excuse to hit drivers with fines. Only time I ever see HGVs in lane 3 is where the M6 toll rejoins the M42 and a driver who has been in Lane 2 ends up stuck there as its now lane 3 and cars won't let them across.

Dashcams, cctv, GPS trackers, digital tachographs have all changed things. I got an infringement this year for speeding, hit 62mph going downhill on the M6, your Dad would not have ever been caught for doing that.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5050 on: September 26, 2021, 07:47:16 am »
See ministers are urging drivers to return. Once again the c*nts aren't listening, people don't want to do the fucking job you inbred c*nts. Why take a job paying £10 an hour to drive around the UK being treated like shit when you can earn more in an amazon warehouse
Jurgen YNWA

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5051 on: September 26, 2021, 07:52:06 am »
So reportedly c100k HGV drivers short and in the midst of shortages across various sectors inc obviously fuel, government’s ‘solution’ is to allow up to 10k in by relaxing visa restrictions.  Beyond the inadequacy of the numbers further devil is  in the detail as ever of course.  Only applies to the haulier and poultry industries.  All part of this years version of ‘Boris saves (destroys) Xmas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58694004

This government may think there are hordes of workers desperate to escape the EU and work here up to Xmas.  Maybe they forget the misery inflicted on HGV drivers last year where they missed out on Xmas by getting stuck in lorry parks.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/25/army-sent-in-as-thousands-of-lorry-drivers-stranded-on-christmas-day-13807122/

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5052 on: September 26, 2021, 09:04:29 am »
Opinium poll in today’s observer shows 67% inc 59% of Tory voters think government has responded badly to the current crisis.  68% said Brexit was partly to blame inc 88% of remain voters and 52% of leave voters.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #5053 on: September 26, 2021, 09:15:27 am »
So I‘m off to cast my vote in the German election. Due to Brexit I was more or less forced to take (dual) German citizenship and be able to move freely through Europe. I quite like the idea now and a few of my other European friends have done the same. Thanks Boris you c*nt.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5054 on: September 26, 2021, 09:54:53 am »
So reportedly c100k HGV drivers short and in the midst of shortages across various sectors inc obviously fuel, government’s ‘solution’ is to allow up to 10k in by relaxing visa restrictions.  Beyond the inadequacy of the numbers further devil is  in the detail as ever of course.  Only applies to the haulier and poultry industries.  All part of this years version of ‘Boris saves (destroys) Xmas.

This government may think there are hordes of workers desperate to escape the EU and work here up to Xmas.  Maybe they forget the misery inflicted on HGV drivers last year where they missed out on Xmas by getting stuck in lorry parks.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/25/army-sent-in-as-thousands-of-lorry-drivers-stranded-on-christmas-day-13807122/

Its OK the fat prick saying they'll be bring 10k drivers in, but what if they aren't up to scratch? The agencies will put any dickhead in anywhere as all they give a fuck about is the money, but hauliers cannot accept late deliveries, damaged units, twatted bridges as they follow Google maps etc etc
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5055 on: September 26, 2021, 09:58:35 am »

I’ll echo Andy, been driving near 20yrs and never seen a HGV in the outside lane ever, and done plenty of motorway miles in that time.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5056 on: September 26, 2021, 11:26:11 am »

Very inviting too, temporary visa, you're welcome for a couple of months to do a shit job, but then you have to fuck off again because we hate the Europeans and you won't be useful to us anymore.

It also doesn't solve the tax issues, so the companies will have to offer big wages to make it worthwhile for anyone to come.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5057 on: September 26, 2021, 12:06:10 pm »
Very inviting too, temporary visa, you're welcome for a couple of months to do a shit job, but then you have to fuck off again because we hate the Europeans and you won't be useful to us anymore.

It also doesn't solve the tax issues, so the companies will have to offer big wages to make it worthwhile for anyone to come.

I also would like to know where the Tories expect these drivers to live? Yes you can tramp and live in the cab for 5 days, but then that vehicle is needed for the other 2 days, so they need to find a rental place.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5058 on: September 26, 2021, 12:17:31 pm »
I think Starmer probably did make a mistake as his reasons for whipping to support the deal are complicated, we had left the EU so the situation had changed from previous votes, it was Johnsons deal or a no deal choice,  I don't think the vote passing was a foregone conclusion at the time as people did doubt the ERG etc support, Starmer basically put country before party. having said that wasn't this Johnsons plan all along, leave things to the last possible second to leave us no options, his deal or a no deal. I would have gone abstain or free vote but at the end of the day the damage had already been done.
Unless my memory is playing tricks, passage of the bill was in jeopardy only if Labour actually voted against it. It was perfectly safe to abstain.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #5059 on: September 26, 2021, 12:21:10 pm »

And the visa runs out on Christmas Eve. Pure Dickensian.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5060 on: September 26, 2021, 12:53:46 pm »
Unless my memory is playing tricks, passage of the bill was in jeopardy only if Labour actually voted against it. It was perfectly safe to abstain.
I think your right Jiminy, just remember people being a bit suspicious of the ERG plotting to take us out with a no deal. lulling Labour into believing Johnsons deal would pass with or without Labours support so Labour would abstain then voting against it at the last second, nothing would have stopped a no deal if that would have happened.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5061 on: September 26, 2021, 01:24:44 pm »
Went to 13 Petrol stations in west London, all closed or empty. Good thing I had a can of petrol in the shed for the grass trimmer or I would not have made it to work tomorrow. Then ill need to find some to get back home. Its like living in a 3rd world country, Brexit has been brilliant.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5062 on: September 26, 2021, 01:25:08 pm »
They won't come anyway, as the tax loophole was closed when IR35 came in, tens of thousands left solely because of that, so they will not be returning. Does the clueless bastard not know there is also shit loads of work within the EU for them to take?
Jurgen YNWA

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #5063 on: September 26, 2021, 03:32:52 pm »
I think your right Jiminy, just remember people being a bit suspicious of the ERG plotting to take us out with a no deal. lulling Labour into believing Johnsons deal would pass with or without Labours support so Labour would abstain then voting against it at the last second, nothing would have stopped a no deal if that would have happened.

Whilst it's true that Labour were absolutely outmaneouvred and bamboozled by the Tory pincer, the trouble they have now is that people won't remember the details, and they've ended up being unable to effectively criticise a scenario that they voted for.

The early unwillingness to adopt a position on Brexit led to them being outflanked on all sides and placed neatly into a box that the government could direct however it needed.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #5064 on: September 26, 2021, 03:36:53 pm »
Went to 13 Petrol stations in west London, all closed or empty. Good thing I had a can of petrol in the shed for the grass trimmer or I would not have made it to work tomorrow. Then ill need to find some to get back home. Its like living in a 3rd world country, Brexit has been brilliant.

Took a walk to the BP 5 mins away here in Luton and they're all out, staff couldn't answer any questions about replenishment. They think they'll have some 'this week'.

I'm on hols now so don't need to drive for 2 weeks anyway, I've got fingers crossed the hordes of forrin' HGV drivers have flooded back into the country to slosh petrol around before I get back.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5065 on: September 26, 2021, 03:37:40 pm »
So there’s a queue outside my house.

I’m half a mile from a petrol station.

Guess what the queue is for.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #5066 on: September 26, 2021, 03:38:10 pm »
They won't come anyway, as the tax loophole was closed when IR35 came in, tens of thousands left solely because of that, so they will not be returning. Does the clueless bastard not know there is also shit loads of work within the EU for them to take?

But why would they not want the honour of making sure turkeys make it to Great British Christmas tables? What could be more important than that? Don't they know who we are?

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5067 on: September 26, 2021, 03:42:40 pm »
Whilst it's true that Labour were absolutely outmaneouvred and bamboozled by the Tory pincer, the trouble they have now is that people won't remember the details, and they've ended up being unable to effectively criticise a scenario that they voted for.

The early unwillingness to adopt a position on Brexit led to them being outflanked on all sides and placed neatly into a box that the government could direct however it needed.
Yeah, think I made the same point at the time, it was complicated and Starmers reasoning of putting the countries future ahead of the party is not even mentioned now.
I wouldn't put it all down to the Torys master plan to outmanoeuvre Labour, Labour knew the plan, leave any deal till the last possible second to give Labour no options, it was either Johnson deal or a no deal, there was nothing they could do to stop it, the damage was done when Labour gifted the Torys the election they needed so they could do as they please with a majority. the Torys were knackered up to that point.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #5068 on: September 26, 2021, 03:53:28 pm »
Yeah, think I made the same point at the time, it was complicated and Starmers reasoning of putting the countries future ahead of the party is not even mentioned now.
I wouldn't put it all down to the Torys master plan to outmanoeuvre Labour, Labour knew the plan, leave any deal till the last possible second to give Labour no options, it was either Johnson deal or a no deal, there was nothing they could do to stop it, the damage was done when Labour gifted the Torys the election they needed so they could do as they please with a majority. the Torys were knackered up to that point.
I thought the LibDems made the election unavoidable, mind you my memory is awful.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5069 on: September 26, 2021, 04:06:55 pm »
I thought the LibDems made the election unavoidable, mind you my memory is awful.
Yeah that eventually happened but not at first, there was talk of a national government at first, it lasted a few weeks, bookies were taking odds, I think Beckett was the favourite. who would lead the Nat Government became the stumbling block, MPs from other partys refused to support Corbyn, I understood where they were coming from and it was infuriating to see McDonnell etc dismiss their points, would a left wing MP like to have the smear of supporting Cameron or Thatcher on their record when other options were available. Labour refused to back down, it had to be Corbyn who led the national government, end of Nat Government hopes, the Lib Dems then committed Hari Kari and called for a election, think they argued they would overturn the referendum result without having another referendum.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #5070 on: September 26, 2021, 04:12:43 pm »

Your autograph?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #5071 on: September 26, 2021, 04:13:35 pm »
Yeah that eventually happened but not at first, there was talk of a national government at first, it lasted a few weeks, bookies were taking odds, I think Beckett was the favourite. who would lead the Nat Government became the stumbling block, MPs from other partys refused to support Corbyn, I understood where they were coming from and it was infuriating to see McDonnell etc dismiss their points, would a left wing MP like to have the smear of supporting Cameron or Thatcher on their record when other options were available. Labour refused to back down, it had to be Corbyn who led the national government, end of Nat Government hopes, the Lib Dems then committed Hari Kari and called for a election, think they argued they would overturn the referendum result without having another referendum.
Yeah that sounds about right.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5072 on: September 26, 2021, 04:37:32 pm »
It was entirely predictable, and was predicted here and elsewhere. Hoe embarrassing; how shameful - being outwitted by Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson at the shower of imbeciles that is the Tory Party.
Well. That was the other idiotic position taken by Labour over Brexit. Again, entirely predictable that it would come to bite them on the arse.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5073 on: September 26, 2021, 05:08:51 pm »
But why would they not want the honour of making sure turkeys make it to Great British Christmas tables? What could be more important than that? Don't they know who we are?

Never mind the turkeys. Who's gonna wrap the pigs in blankets?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5074 on: September 26, 2021, 05:13:36 pm »
Your autograph?
I hadn’t considered this.  On reflection, it is of course highly likely
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5075 on: September 26, 2021, 05:40:30 pm »

Photo with your cat?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5076 on: September 26, 2021, 05:58:24 pm »

Asking for trouble putting a big Q sign outside your house.
Am guessing they were all nutty Donald Trump supporters.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5077 on: September 26, 2021, 07:06:48 pm »
Gonna be a couple of weeks I'd reckon to get the petrol stations restocked. Well done you :wanker :wanker

So, come on the Schapps, is it 100, 200 or 300? Are you just fucking guessing you c*nt?

The transport secretary said there was not a "dramatic shortage in drivers" for the fuel industry, with only "one, two, three hundred drivers" needed for distribution to petrol stations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58698998
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 07:19:30 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5078 on: September 26, 2021, 07:20:57 pm »
Sky news just reporting on numbers of fuel filling stations closed and awaiting further deliveries.  Also reporting no problem in NI due to the Brexit protocol.  Not sure if same problems are present in Wales or Scotland or confined to England?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/comments/pv7g1j/fuel_shortages_northern_ireland_haulage_company/

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5079 on: September 26, 2021, 07:54:41 pm »
What a shitshow and what a nation of morons we are.

Yours sincerely
Smug Pedestrian