Author Topic: Capello to leave?!  (Read 65470 times)

Offline Pride-Of-The-Midlands

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
  • Villa fan. England fan.
Re: Capello to leave?!
« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2011, 11:05:57 pm »
Ah, thought he was just putting the ones he rated in bold. If that's the reason, fair enough I guess. Though having an English manager for the sake of it is pretty ridiculous to be honest.

Tbf though, having a Welsh manager is not as bad as having an Italian manager who can't speak English.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2011, 11:07:21 pm »
Tbf though, having a Welsh manager is not as bad as having an Italian manager who can't speak English.
What about a Welsh manager who can't speak Welsh?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #242 on: October 13, 2011, 11:08:20 pm »
Ah, thought he was just putting the ones he rated in bold. If that's the reason, fair enough I guess. Though having an English manager for the sake of it is pretty ridiculous to be honest.

I actually agree with him on the English manager bit to be fair.

I'd hate teams having to have a manager from their own country, 'cos I think it would've really damanged teams from Africa, Asia and Australia over the last decade (and the gulf the one before) but any team who wants to be considered a top tier international side should have a manager from their own country.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2011, 11:09:10 pm »
Thing is you could win the FA Cup.

Euros/World Cup is basically a cup competition.

Are Blues good enough to win the Carling Cup?

Are they good enough to beat Arsenal in the final?

That's not an apt comparison. The likes of Man Utd/Arsenal/Man City/Chelsea have other competitions to contend with and throughout the season teams will focus on specific competitions. This summer, all teams will be focused on the European Championships and will be at full strength. The tournament is concentrated within a 3 week period. You can't make that comparison.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2011, 11:10:22 pm »
I was going to make an argument that if you were offer Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho, Guss Hiddink tomorrow would you reject it on the grounds that they are not English. But then I remembered that you already had Fabio Capello and would rather replace him with Colin Wanker.

Yes absolutely.

Big Sam or Mourinho?

Big Sam every day of the week.

The thing is Mourinho agrees with me:

Quote from: Jose Mourinho
I think national teams are: England for the English and Portugal for the Portuguese.
I will one day play against England with my Portugal but Portugal has to wait a long time.

And so does Wenger:

Quote from: Arsene Wenger
No. For a big country you need a manager from the same country. England created the game. I remember Sven-Göran Eriksson playing against Sweden with England. The national anthem is played and what do you do?[Wry smile]. That shows you’re not completely comfortable. If I’m England manager and I play France which anthem do I sing? I manage in England and I hope I can help English football but the national team should be managed by an English guy.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2011, 11:10:31 pm »
What about a Welsh manager who can't speak Welsh?

"Long diagonal" actually originates from the welsh phrase "Ngoll y Ddyagnoll" which means "Sport of the clan of Allardyce".
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2011, 11:10:38 pm »
I actually agree with him on the English manager bit to be fair.
I do get it, but when your list of candidates includes the likes of Keegan, Curbishley, Hodgson, Redknapp, Allardyce and McLaren in recent years, it's no surprise they look elsewhere.

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2011, 11:11:56 pm »
That's not an apt comparison. The likes of Man Utd/Arsenal/Man City/Chelsea have other competitions to contend with and throughout the season teams will focus on specific competitions. This summer, all teams will be focused on the European Championships and will be at full strength. The tournament is concentrated within a 3 week period. You can't make that comparison.

Inter Milan vs Bayern Munich CL final in 2010?

You wouldn't have predicted it.

But you could believe it.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2011, 11:12:04 pm »
Capello's mismanagement has been a disgrace!!

Get rid of the greedy bas*ard!!!!

Pride of the Midlands is spot on with what he says. Under a manager such as whisky nose this England team could be 2nd only to Spain in the world, there players are good enough.

Holland for example, the 1st or 2nd best nation in the world have players like Heitinga and Kuyt in there 1st 11. Both of whom are well known to us, 1 is shite, 1 is hardworking but  limited and neither would get near the England team. In fact both aren't 1st choice at there clubs because of English players who can't get in there national sides.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2011, 11:13:33 pm »
I do get it, but when your list of candidates includes the likes of Keegan, Curbishley, Hodgson, Redknapp, Allardyce and McLaren in recent years, it's no surprise they look elsewhere.

Absolutely, I do agree with the idea that national teams should be ideally managed by their fellow countrymen but there is actually no logical reason why England would look closer to home. Last time they did, they didn't qualify. And if they needed an Englishman tomorrow it could well be Stuart Pearce. English football management is woeful and that I have just read Alladyce over Mourinho in any context is highly embarrasing.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #250 on: October 13, 2011, 11:15:03 pm »
Absolutely, I do agree with the idea that national teams should be ideally managed by their fellow countrymen but there is actually no logical reason why England would look closer to home. Last time they did, they didn't qualify. And if they needed an Englishman tomorrow it could well be Stuart Pearce. English football management is woeful and that I have just read Alladyce over Mourinho in any context is highly embarrasing.

If Harry can get Spurs to the CL 1/4 final then he could get England to the World Cup final.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: October 13, 2011, 11:15:06 pm »
Capello's mismanagement has been a disgrace!!

Get rid of the greedy bas*ard!!!!

Pride of the Midlands is spot on with what he says. Under a manager such as whisky nose this England team could be 2nd only to Spain in the world, there players are good enough.

Holland for example, the 1st or 2nd best nation in the world have players like Heitinga and Kuyt in there 1st 11. Both of whom are well known to us, 1 is shite, 1 is hardworking but  limited and neither would get near the England team. In fact both aren't 1st choice at there clubs because of English players who can't get in there national sides.

Hate to break it to you but Ferguson is Scottish. And that Capello cannot get anything out of the side is an indictment on the quality of players not the management. The Dutch are better than you, fact.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 13, 2011, 11:15:24 pm »
If Harry can get Spurs to the CL 1/4 final then he could get England to the World Cup final.

:)

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #253 on: October 13, 2011, 11:15:38 pm »
There is literally not even one iota of logic in that statement.

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #254 on: October 13, 2011, 11:16:02 pm »
Hate to break it to you but Ferguson is Scottish. And that Capello cannot get anything out of the side is an indictment on the quality of players not the management. The Dutch are better than you, fact.

Who do you support?

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: October 13, 2011, 11:16:39 pm »

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #256 on: October 13, 2011, 11:20:12 pm »
Fucking hell its like Rizla and Swedenred all over again.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #257 on: October 13, 2011, 11:20:59 pm »
It's actually worse!

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2011, 11:21:49 pm »
Liverpool.

In international football.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2011, 11:22:30 pm »

When did this happen?.

;D

Capello's Italian isn't he?? Since when did nationality matter. Ferguson is the best manager in the world IMO and he has a knowledge of English football hence why his name was used.

The Dutch are better than us despite having inferior players. A good manager such as the Scottish piss head could easily get England to a level beyond the Dutch.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: October 13, 2011, 11:23:16 pm »
Inter Milan vs Bayern Munich CL final in 2010?

You wouldn't have predicted it.

But you could believe it.

? But I don't believe England have much of a chance next summer.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: October 13, 2011, 11:26:03 pm »
In international football.

No one. I like the Republic of Ireland to do well, but I was born in Liverpool.

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #262 on: October 13, 2011, 11:27:14 pm »
? But I don't believe England have much of a chance next summer.

Did you believe Inter had much of a chance?

No.

They hadn't got to the final since 1972.

Yet they went and won it.

We could do the same.

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #263 on: October 13, 2011, 11:27:31 pm »
No one. I like the Republic of Ireland to do well, but I was born in Liverpool.

So you are English?

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: October 13, 2011, 11:27:36 pm »
When did this happen?.

;D

Capello's Italian isn't he?? Since when did nationality matter. Ferguson is the best manager in the world IMO and he has a knowledge of English football hence why his name was used.

The Dutch are better than us despite having inferior players. A good manager such as the Scottish piss head could easily get England to a level beyond the Dutch.

I would argue strongly against the notion that the Dutch have 'inferior players'.
And the debate in here has descended into literally anyone English over Capello.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 13, 2011, 11:29:46 pm »

No.

We could do the same.

They were managed by Jose Mourinho and had many world class footballers, and excellent defence and a quality goalkeeper.
They were also coming off the back of four successive league titles.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: October 13, 2011, 11:30:47 pm »

No.

We could do the same.

I believed they had more of a chance than England do next year. You're right of course, you could win it, I just think it's  unlikely and there are a number of teams with a better chance than yourselves. That's football right? Anything can happen. Greece won the thing in 2004.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: October 13, 2011, 11:42:53 pm »

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #268 on: October 13, 2011, 11:46:19 pm »
Fucking hell its like Rizla and Swedenred all over again.
;D

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #269 on: October 13, 2011, 11:48:37 pm »
I believe he's scouse

Scousers are English though  ;)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: October 13, 2011, 11:55:07 pm »
Scousers are English though  ;)
oooooo...... thats not what i've been led to believe :D contentious

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #271 on: October 14, 2011, 12:02:11 am »
oooooo...... thats not what i've been led to believe :D contentious

Doesn't Rooney have an England tattoo?

And he is Scouse  ;)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2011, 12:14:25 am »

And he is Scouse  ;)
No he's not, we disowned him. In Latin, the word for that is Fluctuatio-incontinenti
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #273 on: October 14, 2011, 12:22:52 am »
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: October 14, 2011, 12:24:09 am »

And he is Scouse  ;)

he never sings the national 'anthem' - probably the only thing i have any respect for about him

Offline CarraG238

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2011, 12:27:30 am »

How on Earth did you come to that conclusion?
“It was the first game of the qualifying for us and well we can take a lot from it ,like I was talking to one of the guys from TNS about my internet connection at home and he said the reason I sometimes can't get on is because I am running the wrong browser with Windows 95 and he suggested I update to Windows XP” - 23 Carra Gold

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: October 14, 2011, 12:28:48 am »
he never sings the national 'anthem' - probably the only thing i have any respect for about him
He'd have to learn to read first.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #277 on: October 14, 2011, 12:29:19 am »
How on Earth did you come to that conclusion?

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #278 on: October 14, 2011, 12:44:47 am »
Not anyone English.

Good English.

Johnny English?

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: October 14, 2011, 12:49:45 am »
Johnny English?

He'd be better than Colin Wanker, still can't get over that.