Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4015382 times)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #1120 on: January 6, 2009, 06:49:37 pm »
Larry I sent you a PM check your messages
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: January 6, 2009, 06:52:25 pm »
A branch of our family live off cazzeneau st, the Riozzi's, FS, william henry st,
Joe told me mad stories about there. Told me how some Paddy fella hung his goat, and it caused a fued that lasted for years. What the fuck. Keeping goats down there!
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: January 6, 2009, 06:53:34 pm »
That's them Gedo mate. They had family called Butcher. I knew a few of them. I think they came from Cazzeneau Street originally
A branch of our family live off cazzeneau st, the Riozzi's, FS, william henry st,
Boys boys boys......this is ye Engish Teacher here..it's Cazneau Street ;)

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We write our own history
« Reply #1123 on: January 6, 2009, 06:55:09 pm »
Joe told me mad stories about there. Told me how some Paddy fella hung his goat, and it caused a fued that lasted for years. What the fuck. Keeping goats down there!
;D  We leave them goats for all the herders out in Bournemouth fs, four squares could get a bit tasty though!!
2013/2014 My 51st year with hope in my heart

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: January 6, 2009, 07:01:18 pm »
;D  We leave them goats for all the herders out in Bournemouth fs, four squares could get a bit tasty though!!
I knew the Ayrton family from the four squares. But here's one for you, and I've never checked it, but I hope it's true... When Joe was buried he was only the second man to be sent off from the high alter in Paddy's Wigwam. Shankly was the first.

funny thing is, he reminded me of Shanks, sort of like Jimmy Cagney. that swagger and grit.

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: January 6, 2009, 07:04:17 pm »
;D  In my defence Gedo, I copied fS, with him being a scribe like!!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: January 6, 2009, 07:05:05 pm »
Gedo I couldn't really write proper before I started fucking about in Liverpool sites. I could read, but not write proper. Not that I can now really like. I still have to make up where the full stops and that go.

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: January 6, 2009, 07:05:28 pm »
I knew the Ayrton family from the four squares. But here's one for you, and I've never checked it, but I hope it's true... When Joe was buried he was only the second man to be sent off from the high alter in Paddy's Wigwam. Shankly was the first.

funny thing is, he reminded me of Shanks, sort of like Jimmy Cagney. that swagger and grit.

Thats some send off there FS

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: January 6, 2009, 07:07:33 pm »
Gedo I couldn't really write proper before I started fucking about in Liverpool sites. I could read, but not write proper. Not that I can now really like. I still have to make up where the full stops and that go.
Nobody on this site tickles me ribs quite like you FS, you are one funny arl mule!! ;D

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1129 on: January 6, 2009, 07:13:10 pm »
I just realised something... I spelt Cazneau how Joe used to say it... Kazza-new st. He was one of them proper auld school Scousers - Paliass for Mat-rass, Flow-er for floor, Dow-er for door. That sort of accent. Gone now.

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: January 6, 2009, 07:13:24 pm »

Fatty,you're not gonna believe this,but one of the Ayrton family (Lad) from the Squares,has lived in Connecticut for a good few years now.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: January 6, 2009, 07:14:05 pm »
I used to know a Riozzi from Brunswick rd somewhere ......I think it was Jimmy  going back 40 odd years...  ran amok in Newquay one year...good laugh..
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: January 6, 2009, 07:16:17 pm »
I used to know a Riozzi from Brunswick rd somewhere ......I think it was Jimmy  going back 40 odd years...  ran amok in Newquay one year...good laugh..
Thats the fella mate, nothin changes hey!!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: January 6, 2009, 07:20:29 pm »
Fatty,you're not gonna believe this,but one of the Ayrton family (Lad) from the Squares,has lived in Connecticut for a good few years now.
That's Terry I know him well. Used to be a good friend of mine. Must be in his late 60's now ted

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: January 6, 2009, 07:22:02 pm »
Small world but I wouldn't want to paint it

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: January 6, 2009, 07:22:49 pm »
That's Terry I know him well. Used to be a good friend of mine. Must be in his late 60's now ted
Ye right Fatty,don't think he's that old though,by the way Fatty..are you losing it........it's Gedo not Ted!!!!

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1136 on: January 6, 2009, 07:23:59 pm »
He's on the port & lem early isnt he?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: January 6, 2009, 07:27:40 pm »
Ye right Fatty,don't think he's that old though,by the way Fatty..are you losing it........it's Gedo not Ted!!!!
I meant Ted for Terry Ayrton. I told you I don't know where them full stops and that go. And he's got to be in his late 60's now mate. Just the lemo tonight Ted. I'm working on me figure

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: January 6, 2009, 07:28:40 pm »
I meant Ted for Terry Ayrton. I told you I don't know where them full stops and that go. And he's got to be in his late 60's now mate. Just the lemo tonight Ted. I'm working on me figure
What figure!! The one on the mantle piece?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: January 6, 2009, 07:32:25 pm »
Right I've got to go now. So, someone please turn this back to the footy, but talking of reading and writing....
Years ago, I passed Joe a newspaper. Front page was that ship (Queen Mary?) on fire in Hong Kong harbour.
Me: What do you think of that then Joe?
Joe, after a minute or so of looking at the paper.... That fucking Ted Heath!

Ha. Cracker.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1140 on: January 6, 2009, 07:35:11 pm »
What figure!! The one on the mantle piece?
You won't believe this Ted. Right slap bang in the middle of me mantle... fucking statue of Buddha.
You got one of them spy cams or something.

Right.
Tatty bye lads.

Offline biddy

• Main Stander
  • We are Evil,We are Evil
« Reply #1141 on: January 6, 2009, 07:55:13 pm »
youst to live in Newquay, Cornwall back in the 80s

Offline biddy

• Main Stander
« Reply #1142 on: January 6, 2009, 08:22:20 pm »
ok heres one for ye
what year did the manc get the dart in the nose in the Anny rd end and what was the score
dont know meself but was at the game in the anny rd made badges in school the folowing week with Anny Rd Darts Team on them got an old picture of it but dont know how to upload

Offline biddy

• Main Stander
« Reply #1143 on: January 6, 2009, 08:27:17 pm »

sussed it out

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1144 on: January 6, 2009, 08:29:20 pm »
ok heres one for ye
what year did the manc get the dart in the nose in the Anny rd end and what was the score
dont know meself but was at the game in the anny rd made badges in school the folowing week with Anny Rd Darts Team on them got an old picture of it but dont know how to upload
I can't remember the year, but we won 180!!! to nil..  ;)

Offline biddy

• Main Stander
« Reply #1145 on: January 6, 2009, 08:31:59 pm »
lol
think it was 78 or 79

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: January 6, 2009, 09:43:23 pm »

sussed it out

Looks like he is smiling there.

Offline andeeeee

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1147 on: January 6, 2009, 10:04:32 pm »

sussed it out

as the bloke in bullseye would say ` innnnnnnnn 1 its a scruffy little manc`

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #1148 on: January 6, 2009, 10:14:46 pm »
ok heres one for ye

I was at that match and in the Anny, funny as fuck, can't remember fuck all about the match though!

Does anyone remember on of those semi replays at Maine Rd when a few more darts were thrown amongst many other things from cats, dogs, kitchen sinks the lot. Anyway, I was in the middle of the Kippax by the fence that could probably stop a few midgets getting over when a big commotion kicked off, lo and behold the bizzies had to drag another Manc off who had decided to headbut one of our darts, as usual there was fuckin murder outside before and after. Can I fuck remember the year. 
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline andeeeee

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1149 on: January 6, 2009, 10:22:00 pm »
I was at that match and in the Anny, funny as fuck, can't remember fuck all about the match though!

Does anyone remember on of those semi replays at Maine Rd when a few more darts were thrown amongst many other things from cats, dogs, kitchen sinks the lot. Anyway, I was in the middle of the Kippax by the fence that could probably stop a few midgets getting over when a big commotion kicked off, lo and behold the bizzies had to drag another Manc off who had decided to headbut one of our darts, as usual there was fuckin murder outside before and after. Can I fuck remember the year. 

innnnnnnnnn 2 its another scruffy little manc . sorry:)

Offline jaydog

• Main Stander
« Reply #1150 on: January 6, 2009, 11:38:35 pm »
He means Kenny Burns the Nottingham Forest centre half. Not the biggest of fellas, but had a great partnership with Larry Lloyd. Could play a bit but could also land you in row z with a well timed volley.

Watched the vids Shanks. Didn't get any sound with them, suppose that could have been a good thing. But I tell you what mate, that just proves me point.... see that one poor bastard getting it at the back of the stand. Well, you can't see him. He's on the deck, getting booted to fuck by that gang of shithouses. Bet he was no more than a kid an all. And the poor bird running off to the bizzies. Hardest lads in them vids... the ones with fuck all but a bit of stick and a tit on their head to protect them. And see how 3 or 4 of them fucked them all right off back to Milton Keynes and Luton without a peep. Shithouses.

Would have liked to have seen that time of our lives thing, but I haven't got the station. I watched The Thriller In Manilla though. What memories that brought back. And Muhamad Ali and Joe Frazier, now they was hard.

kenny Burns and Larry Lloyd were a great partnership, Kenny started as a striker I think, was it at Birmingham. 
« Last Edit: January 6, 2009, 11:40:26 pm by jaydog »

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1151 on: January 6, 2009, 11:48:50 pm »

85.. I was there, don't remember the "cats, dogs, kitchen sinks"   :P, but I remember it being like a fucking builders yard with the amount of bricks in there. c*nts! We lost 2-1 and they went off to play the blue shite in the final.

Offline larrylimestreet

• Kopite
« Reply #1152 on: January 7, 2009, 07:04:17 am »
Cheers for that FS - A lot of this stuff and these characters are in that
Boys From the Mersey book - Love reading about Scouse characters like the above.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: January 7, 2009, 09:06:04 am »
A lot of this stuff and these characters are in that
Boys From the Mersey book - Love reading about Scouse characters like the above.
Anybody remember The Bald Eagle from the Bull Ring?
He'd be well dead now. Old face round town, the Penny Farthing, Wine Lodge, McCardles and that. He only had one ball. It was enormous, like a fucking casey. He used to pull it out in the ale house all the time.
One day, he came in the Bee Hive trying to tap everyone. The manager lashed him. He disappeared, came back twenty minutes later, pulled out a fresh ten pound note and shouted at the manager... Best bum in Liverpool, lad. Best fuckin bum in Liverpool. He got a bevvie and sat down at the bar.

He had a new coat on all. Nice big padded winter job. It was fucking freezing outside. He jumped up and started showing off he's new coat, calling everyone in the pub a freezing knobhead. Within ten minutes, 2 bizzies came in and pulled him out the alehouse. He'd been to Dickie Lewis's robbed the coat and left he's auld one on the hanger. Soft auld twat had left his dole card in he's old coat's pocket.

I don't half miss them days in Liverpool back then.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #1154 on: January 7, 2009, 01:42:58 pm »
When I was a young lad, I used to go with a girl who's Granda fought for the world fly weight title. Some of you might know of him, great Liverpool fighter, Joe Curran. He fought in the days of Benny Lynch and Rinty Monighan. Well, he ended up dying of cancer back in the early 80's - lunge cancer, poor c*nt had never had a ciggie in his life. They reckon it was asbestosis from being at sea.

Anyway, we had a fucking big massive surprise do for him in some dead posh hotel or club or something in Woolton or somewhere. I remember the gaff but not the place.

Anyway Joe was nuts. He used to go to bed at 8 o'clock everynight, with camoline lotion all over his face and get up at 6 to do his excercises. But he loved the girl I was with, so they made us go and get him. We had to drag him out with us. As we walked him into the hotel, they'd done it great. A big pair of sliding doors opened up. As they opened there was a big poster of Joe on the wall, in his hey day, in his kit. They must have had it blown up from a photograph. As we walked Joe in, we linked him on either side, he was frail by then, all the people in the gaff started cheering and clapping.
Then a song went on... When Irish Eyes are smiling. Someone had somehow got hold of a recording of Rinty Monighan, the great Irish fighter singing it. Apparently he used to sing it before/after every fight.

I looked down at Joe. He had tears in his eyes. I had never heard the auld c*nt say a nice word in my life. He was a hard man. I thought, fuck me, he's going to be nice here.
I smiled at him, said you okay Joe?
Joe: Do you hear that fella son?
Me: Yeah.
Joe: I punched that c*nt red raw.

HA! that's hard.
Great story which really got a huge laugh from my old man! Gotta tell ya though  .  .  Dad tells me you're being very generous in describing Rinty as a 'great' fighter! If Joe's son is in Naples, Florida I should look the guy up. That's where I'm based right now. Cheers.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1155 on: January 7, 2009, 03:09:10 pm »
Great story which really got a huge laugh from my old man! Gotta tell ya though  .  .  Dad tells me you're being very generous in describing Rinty as a 'great' fighter! If Joe's son is in Naples, Florida I should look the guy up. That's where I'm based right now. Cheers.
That's me. All heart. Joe used to live in Maine when I knew him. But one of the lads on here, said he's in Naples now. Wouldn't mind a bit of that meself. Brass monkey's here.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1156 on: January 9, 2009, 08:42:55 pm »
85.. I was there, don't remember the "cats, dogs, kitchen sinks"   :P, but I remember it being like a fucking builders yard with the amount of bricks in there. c*nts! We lost 2-1 and they went off to play the blue shite in the final.
Fucking madness outside afterwards. Very tasty.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: January 9, 2009, 11:40:37 pm »
This might be of interest to you Ted.
http://www.inacityliving.piczo.com/?cr=7

I just realised something... I spelt Cazneau how Joe used to say it... Kazza-new st. He was one of them proper auld school Scousers - Paliass for Mat-rass, Flow-er for floor, Dow-er for door. That sort of accent. Gone now.

My Da used to talk like that FS.
You're right, you rarely hear that accent now.
Mind you when you hear the forced plazzy Scouse accents, and the diluted ones, you have to think what our accent will be in 10 years time.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: January 9, 2009, 11:52:55 pm »
Mind you when you hear the forced plazzy Scouse accents, and the diluted ones, you have to think what our accent will be in 10 years time.
Gone

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: January 10, 2009, 12:01:12 am »
This might be of interest to you Ted.
http://www.inacityliving.piczo.com/?cr=7

we should be thankfull to the irish for our accents.
before the spud famine we spoke like mancs and other people from lancashire.
just shows you how many irish people actually settled here, enough to change the local dialect.
the population of liverpool doubled from about 200,000 to 400,000 during the potato famine, 99.9% of the new arrivals were irish.