Author Topic: The muppet free Alberto Aquilani topic  (Read 57495 times)

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Alberto Aquilani
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2011, 01:07:46 pm »
I know its a pre season friendly and we really shouldnt get too excited or disappointed with any performance right now but I have to say I will be very disappointed if that Italian crock that Rafa bought moves on without at least a season here. He looks like he was made for a pass and move game plan. The fact that Kenny would have a problem in who plays from what is a very talented midfield pool can only be a good thing. If (I know it might be a big if after the way he was shipped out last year under the dope) the lad wants to stay give him a chance.
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Sensational_Raul

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2011, 01:08:11 pm »
I think mister Henry  is drunk he mispelled Aquilanis name and he seems to be crushing on Ngog, It was a friendly John not a competitive match.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2011, 01:08:35 pm »
ITS A PRE SEASON GAME.

Pre season means fuck all.

Yes he had a decent game against a poor team. Cole was MOTM in the mid week game - shall we all rave about him now?

Seriously this thread is a joke.

Yeah lets support AA and all the players but lets not act like fools that go OTT about meanless games.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2011, 01:08:43 pm »
The point about 'mentality/wanting it' is valid.  He needs to show that he really wants to succeed here.  That's when his quality will turn into results for us.

If you take a look at Adam or Spearing.  Those boys want it.  They want to play for the club and win.  It makes a huge difference.  Just take a look at Lucas.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2011, 01:08:46 pm »
I think mister Henry is is drunk he mispelled auilanis name and he seems to be crushing on Ngog, It was a friend John not a competitive match.

That mean you're drunk aswell?

Offline The Rednigerian

• Anny Roader
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2011, 01:08:48 pm »
rafa was wrong to try and sell him

???

Offline Occy

• Anny Roader
  • Loves to Lurk.
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2011, 01:08:57 pm »
Is this the same forum I have been reading for the past year or so. Nit one positive post about the lad till today.
Most if this positive posts from people trying to ship him out. I watch my fair share of football. Forget adam, aqua has more touch in his little toe. The guy was signed injured, nit his fault, played before 100 percent, then shipped off before settling with the squad and your all judging him based on the nothing. The guy is class, and it shouldn't be a surprise if he did in front of most of our middle field. To be honest I haven't seen one person on here give him a fair go, until now. Hopefully a lot of the championship managers out there will get of their tele watching armchair critic backsides and actually comment once given a fair go.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2011, 01:09:20 pm »
Spelt it right the other day, so fuck knows how he's managed to spell it like that today ;D

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2011, 01:09:21 pm »
Why?

Cause it's a pre season game that means fuck all and some of you are making fools out of yourselves.

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2011, 01:09:22 pm »
Poor Rafa

Fuck off.

Seriously, fucking do one you annoying bell.
"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2011, 01:09:32 pm »
Shouldn't be a question about keeping him or not.

He's really agile and really creative, ofcourse he should be kept.
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2011, 01:09:37 pm »
Why?

Just some of the over the top comments , Cringeworthy.
I'll admit I have a , shall we say 'Different view' of the player but come on. 
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2011, 01:09:40 pm »
ITS A PRE SEASON GAME.

Yes he had a decent game against a poor team. Cole was MOTM in the mid week game - shall we all rave about him now?

Yeah lets support AA and all the players but lets not act like fools that go OTT about meanless games.
Bitter as fuck.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2011, 01:10:00 pm »
Cause it's a pre season game that means fuck all and some of you are making fools out of yourselves.

Happy that a player performed well. Yeah, embarassing.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2011, 01:10:03 pm »
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2011, 01:10:16 pm »
I just hope he stays.WE can rotate,everyone will get gametime.We shouldnt sell.As simple as that.

Offline Litmanen Legend

• Anny Roader
  • I know how to Finnish!
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2011, 01:10:23 pm »
Great performance today. Excellent passing and split the Malaysian defence at will.

I am worried he will not get regular game time this coming season with our huge choice of central midfielders.

Our squad will be trimmed before the season starts, I just hope he isn't one of those leaving.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2011, 01:10:28 pm »
I'll admit I have a , shall we say 'Different view' of the player but come on. 

That might be why you don't like it.

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2011, 01:10:42 pm »
Good point. Does anyone know when Juve's option runs out? A month ago, wasn't it?

2 months, 1 day ago to be exact. The deadline was 15 May.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2011, 01:10:57 pm »
if this lad could tackle and put the foot in and help out a bit,he could be one of the best players on the planet....he is fucking quality.
he lacks fight.
having said that,we have enough around to maybe carry him a bit,because what he gives you on the ball is sublime...hope he stays.
would love to see a nippy plays off the shoulder type with speed up front and through the middle.
with him and adam threading them through,there would be goals
i can see us doing some proper damage this season
wouldnt judge the performances out there too much as they are up against the elements and leggy from the stamina training ...but when it all settles down,the sharpness will be back .
carroll i keep having to remind myself that hes only 22...and still growing .he looks leggy but i reckon that is down to the body taking a lot away from at the moment due to the body sapping the goods during the growing period.
he will get his fair share of goals this season no danger ,but the following years he is going to be scaring the shit out of back fours as the power will kick in when the growing stops...exciting times if we can keep this squad together...
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2011, 01:11:02 pm »
yeah you see that Fordy, well dya!?

SUCK ON THAT BITCH!!!

;)

Aquilani was class today (as always!)

Just made everything look so simple and effective IMO and that own half attempt was a beauty aswell! ;D

Hazell - This is an example of a person making a fool out of themselve over a pre season match.

Yes I did see the game mate and AA played well but it wasn't a PL match was it?

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2011, 01:11:13 pm »
If Suarez was playing in that game and running circles around Malaysia, every fucker on here would be going on about how class he is. Just because it's Aquilani and certain members on the board have an agenda against him, everyone is embarrassing themselves by talking him up.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2011, 01:11:16 pm »

A bitter pill to swallow for some.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #183 on: July 16, 2011, 01:11:17 pm »

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #184 on: July 16, 2011, 01:11:29 pm »
ITS A PRE SEASON GAME.

I'm not going to support you on this one Fordy. He's our best player from pre-season so far, and will be a retard decision to sell him, simple.

He should have never been loaned in the first place. Now he's here and we can fix everything.

Aquilani is almost as complete as Gerrard. They are a class above Raul or Adam.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: July 16, 2011, 01:11:42 pm »
Fordy your agenda against Aquilani is beyond sad.

They is no agenda.

What is sad is fans acting like a fat kid in a sweet shop.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2011, 01:11:52 pm »
Lay off Fordy people, he's just bitter that it looks like Aquilani may actually be staying ;)

Seriously though, it may be a pre-season game but it gives hints to what we may be getting in the coming season.

Adam did well today, looked to get the ball in dangerous areas, same with Aquilani.

It may be a pre-season game that means fuck all but it does show how the players are going to gel and frankly, they're gelling pretty well apart from the 6 conceded.

Hazell - This is an example of a person making a fool out of themselve over a pre season match.

Yes I did see the game mate and AA played well but it wasn't a PL match was it?

Notice the ;) mate? means you've been Whooshed.

Aquilani showed his class today against opposition who looked like they were up for it, he got stuck in and he played some lovely passes.

He may not get as much time on the ball in the league but he doesn't seem to need it as most of his passes where quick, first touch ones anyway.

Now do us all a favour and fuck off with your agenda eh?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:13:23 pm by J-Mc- »

Offline Sensational_Raul

• Kopite
« Reply #187 on: July 16, 2011, 01:12:04 pm »
That mean you're drunk aswell?

fixed , I'm a little hungover and the keyboards acting up.

I remember 2 years ago Deggen and Dossena had monster games for us and people went nuts.

Aquilani is shit guys sorry to be the bearer of bad news. He will always look like a midfield meistro in Italy due to their low tempo attack style.

He lacks pace. Has a great through ball though.

Ngog I like though he always seems to fill in well.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2011, 01:12:04 pm »
ITS A PRE SEASON GAME.

You don't like Aquilani, we get the fucking point.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2011, 01:12:06 pm »
I like the people who enter a thread to let people know that the thread is a waste of time or embarrassing or whatever.

Different class.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2011, 01:12:08 pm »

JMc doesn't need me to defend him but it's clear you're like a moth to flame where Aquilani is concerned.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #191 on: July 16, 2011, 01:12:18 pm »
gotta love the haters  ;D...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: July 16, 2011, 01:12:21 pm »
ITS A PRE SEASON GAME.

The thing is, a few of us were pointing out that he played like this towards the end of Rafas last season here. And he did.

Another thing, I'm pretty sure there were people bringing up a testimonial he played in a month or so back on the other Aquilani thread.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: July 16, 2011, 01:12:37 pm »
ITS A PRE SEASON GAME.

I was going to agree with you, but then I realised that if it was Charlie Adam who put in a performance like that, you'd probably have been going OTT. or if Aqua had a poor game, you'd probably be the first one calling it out.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: July 16, 2011, 01:12:39 pm »
Is this the same forum I have been reading for the past year or so. Nit one positive post about the lad till today.
Most if this positive posts from people trying to ship him out. I watch my fair share of football. Forget adam, aqua has more touch in his little toe. The guy was signed injured, nit his fault, played before 100 percent, then shipped off before settling with the squad and your all judging him based on the nothing. The guy is class, and it shouldn't be a surprise if he did in front of most of our middle field. To be honest I haven't seen one person on here give him a fair go, until now. Hopefully a lot of the championship managers out there will get of their tele watching armchair critic backsides and actually comment once given a fair go.

Well said. I have said as much since i first saw him play. I was unable to register on RAWK until early this year or i would have been supporting him on here.

Still don't understand the Adam signing.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2011, 01:12:48 pm »
Oh fuck off
Now thats not very nice is it? At least lay some sort of evidence that challenges his opinion.

A fuck off is not big and it's not clever. SLN
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: July 16, 2011, 01:13:01 pm »
Fordy your agenda against Aquilani is beyond sad.

Which is ironic given your tasteless comments about our '35 million' man

Too many of you are more concerned with point scoring than what's best for the team
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #197 on: July 16, 2011, 01:13:33 pm »
ITS A PRE SEASON GAME.

How about 09-10 then when Aquilani had more assists per minute for Liverpool than any player playing in any of the top Leagues in Europe.

He is a class act and for me the best bit of today was him getting dumped on his arse by a ridiculously late tackle but playing on and sliding in Insua with an inch perfect pass in the build up to the 4th goal.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: July 16, 2011, 01:13:39 pm »
I'm not going to support you on this one Fordy. He's our best player from pre-season so far, and will be a retarded decision to sell him, simple.

Aquilani is almost as complete as Gerrard. They are a class above Raul or Adam.

PRE-SEASON IS ABOUT FITNESS - THE MATCHES MEAN FUCK ALL.

You don't get extra browny points for being the main man in pre season.

Like I said for me Joe Cole was MOTM in mid week, AA today - However big fucking deal on both fronts.

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2011, 01:14:08 pm »

Well, at least he deserves a chance with us, doesn't he? We all know how his first season went, and when his time came last season, Roy fucked it up.

Play him in any pass and move team and he'd be fuckin brilliant!