Author Topic: UK GE and Local Elections, plus polls, and policy.  (Read 44100 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: UK GE and Local Elections, plus polls, and policy.
« Reply #760 on: May 1, 2024, 05:51:14 pm »
Drinking game for election night - every time time the Tories lose a seat, take a shot.

You'd be off your face within a few minutes once the results start coming in, plus you'd need a few bottles of shots ready too. ;D
#Sausages

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #761 on: May 1, 2024, 05:51:43 pm »
Drinking game for election night - every time time the Tories lose a seat, take a shot.

I remember watching it in 97 as a wide eyed young fella, just over a year from uni having believed my local labour mp telling us they had no plans to introduce university tuition fees. Those were the days.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: May 1, 2024, 06:54:10 pm »
Is this the Tories long term strategy? Do so bad, all your opponents supported drink themselves to death in celebration, paving the way for a comeback in 5 years.  ;D

Yeah, I imagine a lot of people would be down with alcohol poisoning. :D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #763 on: May 1, 2024, 06:56:49 pm »
It's just not happening.. they won 165 under Major in 1997.

But we can dream! We can dream!

Even in the best case scenario for the Tories, I’d be dead.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: May 1, 2024, 07:44:35 pm »
October 31st has been rumoured for ages. Tory strategists think Labour voters will be too preoccupied with trick or treating and kids on Halloween to go out and vote.
Safe in the knowledge racist old pensioners will crawl over broken glass through a blizzard to put a cross next to some Tory c*nts name.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: May 1, 2024, 07:48:05 pm »
October 31st has been rumoured for ages. Tory strategists think Labour voters will be too preoccupied with trick or treating and kids on Halloween to go out and vote.
Safe in the knowledge racist old pensioners will crawl over broken glass through a blizzard to put a cross next to some Tory c*nts name.
This would be great. It’s in half term and I could stay up and watch up their humiliation
They have humiliated this country, degraded us, dragged us in it the gutter.
I will glory in their defeat
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #766 on: May 1, 2024, 07:53:57 pm »

The fuckers better not, I’m in Mexico that week!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #767 on: May 1, 2024, 08:37:29 pm »
Seems the Red Wall voters have turned to Reform for the GE when it happens or at least the Barnsley ones I know have.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #768 on: May 1, 2024, 09:21:15 pm »
This would be great. It’s in half term and I could stay up and watch up their humiliation

They have humiliated this country, degraded us, dragged us in it the gutter.
I will glory in their defeat

I assume you mean the Tories, not your pupils?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: May 1, 2024, 09:37:33 pm »
Hideous bigot George Galloway says that gay relationships aren’t normal and shouldn’t be taught in schools.

A racist bigot. And some on here still like him
W

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: May 1, 2024, 09:40:10 pm »
Hideous bigot George Galloway says that gay relationships aren’t normal and shouldn’t be taught in schools.

Do they? 
« Last Edit: May 1, 2024, 10:02:38 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
W

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #772 on: May 1, 2024, 10:34:17 pm »

He's not normal..and that's before you consider acting like a fucking cat on national TV with Dennis Watermans ex

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #773 on: May 1, 2024, 10:40:34 pm »
Yep.

He used Hillsborough as a way into dumping on the government and the media. Fuck him and his pointless crusade. No better than Laurence fox and those idiots

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #774 on: May 1, 2024, 10:47:04 pm »
He used Hillsborough as a way into dumping on the government and the media. Fuck him and his pointless crusade. No better than Laurence fox and those idiots

Agreed, Galloway is the loony left version of Laurence Fox, complete vermin & opportunist, i expect him to lose his seat at the election, it was a Labour fuck up over vetting the candidates that let Galloway in.
#Sausages

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: May 1, 2024, 10:52:36 pm »
Agreed, Galloway is the loony left version of Laurence Fox, complete vermin & opportunist, i expect him to lose his seat at the election, it was a Labour fuck up over vetting the candidates that let Galloway in.
he is indeed. Supported Assad, Putin and protested outside schools in what we now know what his explicit homophobia.

Andrew Tate and George Galloway.  Two cheeks of the same arse?  Who knew?

How dare a man tell people their consensual relations aren’t normal.  A man who has had six kids by 4 wives
W

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #776 on: May 1, 2024, 11:08:31 pm »
Do they? 

Not that I've seen. I'm sure Tepid will be happy to share the names and posts of those who do though :)
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: May 1, 2024, 11:33:16 pm »
Not that I've seen. I'm sure Tepid will be happy to share the names and posts of those who do though :)
eight pages of various people kissing his arse and calling him George here ;D

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=178233

[assuming there's no statute of limitations on your request ;) ]

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #778 on: May 2, 2024, 12:14:35 am »
eight pages of various people kissing his arse and calling him George here ;D

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=178233

2007 ;D

Deary me.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: May 2, 2024, 06:44:52 am »

Not a great assumption given Tepid's post claimed people still liked him.  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: May 2, 2024, 08:37:53 am »
Just remembered that I got one of those mayoral election pamphlets through the post a week or two back. I never even bothered opening the thing. Felt it was a waste of money to even print them. I'll probably vote for the Green candidate for Mayor. The city needs some political diversity, and I'm not a huge fan of Rotheram.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: May 2, 2024, 08:44:11 am »
2007 ;D

Deary me.
Not a great assumption given Tepid's post claimed people still liked him.  ;D
it's an obvious joke, relax and lighten up you two ;D

since you're so intent on being literal Elmo, there's a post from 2 March 2024 with someone saying "I like him".

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: May 2, 2024, 09:26:53 am »
This is going to be a record year for boat crossings across the Summer so there's no way they'll leave it that long.  The sweet spot will be just after the first plane takes off so he can claim it works, but not so late that it's obvious it hasn't.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: May 2, 2024, 09:30:52 am »
it's an obvious joke, relax and lighten up you two ;D

since you're so intent on being literal Elmo, there's a post from 2 March 2024 with someone saying "I like him".
I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT IT IS NOW MAY!
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #784 on: May 2, 2024, 09:34:37 am »
This is going to be a record year for boat crossings across the Summer so there's no way they'll leave it that long.  The sweet spot will be just after the first plane takes off so he can claim it works, but not so late that it's obvious it hasn't.

The think is the planes taking off don't prove anything. It's supposed to be a deterrent.

So you need to show the planes have a direct impact on the number of crossings.

Which they won't. Because going to Rwanda is not more of a deterrent than drowning in the fucking channel

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: May 2, 2024, 09:44:35 am »
The think is the planes taking off don't prove anything. It's supposed to be a deterrent.

So you need to show the planes have a direct impact on the number of crossings.

Which they won't. Because going to Rwanda is not more of a deterrent than drowning in the fucking channel
Well we both know that none of this makes sense.  But Sunak is hoping that he can get a couple of photo ops of an asylum seeker being dragged onto a plane in handcuffs so he can look like he's tough on immigration to the electorate.  The whole point of the policy is not to solve anything, it's performance art.

By the time you get to October the fact that you've sent half a dozen immigrants to Rwanda is going to look stupid when you've had 60,000 boat crossings.  So he can't leave it that long.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #786 on: May 2, 2024, 10:01:28 am »
Suppose. Gullis was already tweeting "it's working" when the first fella went to Rwanda (you know voluntary and with £3k in his sky rocket).

Optics.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #787 on: May 2, 2024, 10:47:16 am »
Suppose. Gullis was already tweeting "it's working" when the first fella went to Rwanda (you know voluntary and with £3k in his sky rocket).

Optics.

A Rwandan national as well its being rumoured. So a bloke from Rwanda has travelled here, claimed asylum, failed, been given £3k to go back home and will get his house and food paid for by the British government for the next 5 years!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #788 on: May 2, 2024, 12:03:47 pm »
A Rwandan national as well its being rumoured. So a bloke from Rwanda has travelled here, claimed asylum, failed, been given £3k to go back home and will get his house and food paid for by the British government for the next 5 years!

I'd not heard that. Fucking hell 😂

Online fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #789 on: May 2, 2024, 12:05:11 pm »
I'm in London, so trying to work out which of the various losers in the booklet of losers we've got through the post should get my vote for mayor.

Actually have no issue with Khan, and part of me thinks that I'm leaving in a few months anyway so my opinion doesn't really count for much, but it's interesting how many right-leaning candidates are going for either the 'everyone is getting stabbed all the time because of those there immigrants' angle or 'I promise to remove all restrictions on ULEZ etc so everyone can just drive everywhere they want to all the time'. Kind of revealing how most people (myself almost certainly included) will vote based on what gives them personally an easy life rather than looking at what would help everyone.

Did see Lee Anderson claim that anyone 'workshy' who doesn't do 40hrs a week like everyone else should leave the country too. I'm contracted to do 35hrs a week, so I do hope he'll let me know whether I should pack jumpers or swimwear.

Online fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #790 on: May 2, 2024, 12:08:00 pm »
Japan is one of the most indebted countries in the world, but their situation is slightly different in that a lot of that debt is owned by Japanese banks and investors so they have more control over it then most other countries where the debt is owned by foreign banks and institutions. And yes the EU countries benefit from having the Euro and sharing the currency risk across so many countries.

How do pensions etc work in Japan, given that the population is very weighted towards older people and they have much lower birthrates and immigration than Western countries? I feel like this is going to be a real issue in the UK in a few decades - fewer people owning homes that can be sold to fund social care, more people paying private rents into retirement which pensions are less likely to cover, fewer people having children for various reasons, restrictions on people coming into the UK and bringing family members.

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: May 2, 2024, 12:27:17 pm »
How do pensions etc work in Japan, given that the population is very weighted towards older people and they have much lower birthrates and immigration than Western countries? I feel like this is going to be a real issue in the UK in a few decades - fewer people owning homes that can be sold to fund social care, more people paying private rents into retirement which pensions are less likely to cover, fewer people having children for various reasons, restrictions on people coming into the UK and bringing family members.

I used to work for the defence company that had a japanese division and it was stipulated that any product procured by the japanese government had to be purchased from the uk site but sold in its constituent parts, to allow the company in Japan to put it together to ensure that japanese workers still had 'work' - even down to painting the colour codes on resistors.

That was apropos of nothing and doesn't answer your pension question but interesting (i think) nonetheless.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: May 2, 2024, 12:51:50 pm »
I'm in London, so trying to work out which of the various losers in the booklet of losers we've got through the post should get my vote for mayor.

Actually have no issue with Khan, and part of me thinks that I'm leaving in a few months anyway so my opinion doesn't really count for much, but it's interesting how many right-leaning candidates are going for either the 'everyone is getting stabbed all the time because of those there immigrants' angle or 'I promise to remove all restrictions on ULEZ etc so everyone can just drive everywhere they want to all the time'. Kind of revealing how most people (myself almost certainly included) will vote based on what gives them personally an easy life rather than looking at what would help everyone.

Did see Lee Anderson claim that anyone 'workshy' who doesn't do 40hrs a week like everyone else should leave the country too. I'm contracted to do 35hrs a week, so I do hope he'll let me know whether I should pack jumpers or swimwear.

Ever since the Tory government did away with preference voting, there are only two relevant candidates (Khan and Hall) and the rest are unfortunately just a protest vote.

If they deported all the workshy grifters that would be the core Brexit vote gone.  It's the great irony that those who complain most vociferously about foreigners taking all the jobs have no interest in doing those jobs, so now we have to pay additional costs for other foreign workers to carry on doing those jobs.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: May 2, 2024, 01:05:07 pm »
Ever since the Tory government did away with preference voting, there are only two relevant candidates (Khan and Hall) and the rest are unfortunately just a protest vote.

If they deported all the workshy grifters that would be the core Brexit vote gone.  It's the great irony that those who complain most vociferously about foreigners taking all the jobs have no interest in doing those jobs, so now we have to pay additional costs for other foreign workers to carry on doing those jobs.
Susan Hall has to be one of the worst candidates ever put forward by a major party surely?  46% of Londoners think Khan is doing a bad job, but she's only polling at 25%.  Absolute open goal for the Tories and this is the best they could come up with.

Even Zac Goldsmith got 35% and he spent his spare time murdering stray cats.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #794 on: May 2, 2024, 01:14:55 pm »
Susan Hall has to be one of the worst candidates ever put forward by a major party surely?  46% of Londoners think Khan is doing a bad job, but she's only polling at 25%.  Absolute open goal for the Tories and this is the best they could come up with.

Khan's had a tough job dealing with a hostile government so I think this is last chance for him and with an incoming friendly Labour government he really should be doing a better job. I don't think he runs for a 4th term though so we probably won't find out.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #795 on: May 2, 2024, 01:18:36 pm »

I really hope Labour don’t allow Khan to stand after this election, racism definitely plays a part but he is as you say deeply unpopular even when the Party is polling so strongly.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: May 2, 2024, 01:42:41 pm »
I really hope Labour don’t allow Khan to stand after this election, racism definitely plays a part but he is as you say deeply unpopular even when the Party is polling so strongly.

47% of the vote is pretty decent

https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articles/49286-london-2024-mayoral-race-khan-47-hall-25
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: May 2, 2024, 01:44:51 pm »
47% of the vote is pretty decent

https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articles/49286-london-2024-mayoral-race-khan-47-hall-25
He's unpopular (as your link shows) but he's still polling with a 20+ point lead, which goes back to my original point about Susan Hall being a disaster.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: May 2, 2024, 02:06:10 pm »
Khan's had a tough job dealing with a hostile government so I think this is last chance for him and with an incoming friendly Labour government he really should be doing a better job. I don't think he runs for a 4th term though so we probably won't find out.

Absolutely. Khan hasnt been great but he will get a shot with the Labour government. He needs to deliver, but i dont think he is any good.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #799 on: May 2, 2024, 02:16:23 pm »
I fear for the wrath of khan.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.