Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Joël Matip (Job Joël André Matip)
« Last post by GreatEx on Today at 12:27:05 am »

Also people commenting about Joel's ACL injury and risk of giving a player with that injury a new deal, but we paid £20m (i think) for a 29 year old Thiago who had done his ACL in both his left and right knees while at Bayern Munich and i think although I am less sure he did one of his ACL's while at Barcelona earlier in his career.

This isn't the winning argument you think it is :D

A new contract is an option worth considering, though. For me, Joel is well ahead of Konate and at a similar level to VVD, and his injury played a huge and under-reported part in our defensive wobbles in the second half of the season. My preference is to sign a 24-27yo CB who is ready to go as first choice, because Konate is too fragile and inconsistent to be a walk-up start. But if we go for a younger "prospect" or simply fail to sign anyone because [insert reasons] then a short term deal on modest coin is worth considering, if Joel is willing to sign it.
Bradley and Gomez have shown enough this season that buying a right back would be a waste of resources + squad space when there's other priorities

If Geertruida joins its more because he has played several positions for Slot & national team - RB, CB, LB. And when he's played RB for Slot he's inverted into the #6 and looked very comfortable in central areas, both when progressing the ball & defensively. 

He is 23, a full Dutch international, just 1 yr left on his deal, and he wants to move this summer.

I reckon though that if we get him, it'll be a signal that Gomez might be leaving. In Geertruida, we will have a younger version of the versatile defender that Gomez has been for us.

I also think Gomez will want to go somewhere to start games.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Atheism
« Last post by Bullet500 on Today at 12:20:10 am »
"Saudi Arabia activist sentenced to 11 years in prison for ‘support’ of women’s rights. Manahel al-Otaibi, who promoted female empowerment on social media, was arrested under anti-terror laws" - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/may/01/manahel-al-otaibi-saudi-arabia-womens-rights-activist-sentenced-11-years-prison-anti-terrorism-court
What a load of shite. There was no foul and no injury, just a goalkeeper fucking around.
eight pages of various people kissing his arse and calling him George here ;D

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=178233

[assuming there's no statute of limitations on your request ;) ]

2007 ;D

Deary me.
I hope those William Pacho rumours are true, he looks an absolute Monster.

Ecuador have got an amazing batch of players right now playing in Europe.

He picked up a serious injury I think, no way anyone is buying him now.
Anfield Stadium / Re: The Stadium Tour
« Last post by D🐶G on Yesterday at 11:56:45 pm »
Would've liked to see an expanded Museum, it does feel like we've outgrown it a little even if the title tribute is good and the European Cup display is much better.
Fully agree about the museum. We’ve done many a stadium tour around Europe and for such a famous and successful club, our museum falls way short in comparison. Appreciate that we’re possibly a little restricted space wise compared to many others, but felt for a while now that we should be looking to better what we currently have regardless.
General Football and Sport / Re: The Snooker thread
« Last post by Gerry83 on Yesterday at 11:55:00 pm »
Couldn’t see past Ronnie before the last session but feels like he imploded a bit after the door incident and Bingham was just playing well and taking his chances when he got in.

Hope he wins it now, seems like the sort of fella who’d be good to go out for a pint with.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Last post by Shankly998 on Yesterday at 11:54:27 pm »

A £760m equal pay liability bill at Birmingham city council, which led it to effectively declare bankruptcy and make a swathe of drastic budget cuts, could be hugely overstated, councillors, researchers and whistleblowers have said.

Sources inside the Labour-led council said the local authority’s finances were in disarray as a result of a faulty IT system rollout and with no accurate accounts for the past two years there was no way of knowing exactly how the council’s budget stacked up.

There is growing unease that large budget cuts, asset sales and a 10% council tax increase have been made too hastily, before the council has fully got to grips with the current state of its finances.

“The figure of £760m is a figment of someone’s imagination, in my opinion,” said Paul Tilsley, a Liberal Democrat councillor. “If you look at the estimated claimants, the numbers are just incompatible, it defies financial imagination.

“And this figure is ruining this city. We’re going to see the real basic infrastructure of the city, things like libraries, closed and sold off, and when they’re gone they can’t be replicated. I’m seeing the heart ripped out of my city.”

One whistleblower in the council’s IT department said that when the new system was first launched in 2022, “nothing was working apart from payroll” and the council was unable to track its income and expenditure.

For about seven months, the council was also unable to collect council tax and business rates debt as the system could not show who had and hadn’t paid, they said.

“There was no financial reporting. How did we know what was in the budgets, what cash had been collected, what cash had been spent? We couldn’t,” the whistleblower said.

Full article: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/may/01/birmingham-city-council-accused-of-making-cuts-based-on-imagined-data

7 months christ almighty how on earth does that happen. If my business couldn't tell who had paid what for a few days we'd all be summarily executed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10