Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4579116 times)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The F*cking Liar & Deranged Animal.
« Reply #32080 on: October 20, 2017, 11:44:41 pm »
Lawrence O'Donnell on Kelly. Not a lot to agree with and not very flattering for Kelly in my view...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y6_p7hwUl3o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y6_p7hwUl3o</a>

O'Donnell really gets on my tits sometimes. I saw that diatribe from him on Kelly. O'Donnell was equating Kelly's comments with Segregation. He picked apart every single utterance from Kelly, including Kelly's use of the word 'brave' to describe trump's decision to call the family of the deceased soldiers. Now, I might not choose to use the word 'brave' in that context either. But that's just semantics at the end of the day. I think for O'Donnell to suggest that Kelly is racist, without any substantive evidence, is pretty pitiful. Again, I think Kelly should kept well clear of mentioning Congresswoman Wilson (or make the least amount of comment he could in the circumstances). So, I am not defending Kelly's remarks. I'm just not that exercised by them.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #32081 on: October 20, 2017, 11:56:20 pm »
That's incredibly short sighted.

It depends on what you think is an acceptable level of crazy. Maybe they'd be better off leaving Trump unsupervised and watching the carnage that would swiftly follow. It might even get the Republicans in Congress to grow a set of balls and ditch the fucker. Not like they can't get their poor people fucking done under Prez "I can't restrain myself from raping women so I keep my wife with me at all times" Pence.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32082 on: October 21, 2017, 12:00:17 am »

Armando Iannucci‏Verified account @Aiannucci

Armando Iannucci Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Go fuck a flapjack, you humpbacked turd.

Just out report: "United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror." Not good, we must keep America safe!

;D ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32083 on: October 21, 2017, 12:23:36 am »
It depends on what you think is an acceptable level of crazy. Maybe they'd be better off leaving Trump unsupervised and watching the carnage that would swiftly follow. It might even get the Republicans in Congress to grow a set of balls and ditch the fucker. Not like they can't get their poor people fucking done under Prez "I can't restrain myself from raping women so I keep my wife with me at all times" Pence.

Some (or most) of the people around the President would go down on all fours and act as a table for the 'nuclear football' if Trump was in the mood for randomly setting off a few nukes. Just a few people around Trump do I trust to do whatever it takes to stop such a thing from happening. So yeah, my acceptable level of crazy might differ from some others around here. The GOP and the Cabinet seem uninclined to do anything to stop Trump. Left unsupervised, I think there is no limit to his potential insanity.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #32084 on: October 21, 2017, 12:31:42 am »
The last two Presidents both coming as close as has been seen in living memory to directly criticising a President on the same day. Please let it be soon this c*nt is removed from office.
He's here for two terms.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #32085 on: October 21, 2017, 12:38:15 am »
He's here for two terms.

I doubt, but stranger things have happened. There’s a ton of people who voted for him because he wasn’t Hillary and he was something “new”. Now people know what that means so I they’ll vote again that way. It depends how big his hardcore base is.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32087 on: October 21, 2017, 01:21:18 am »
Fidelity, Bravery and Integrity - Wilson

Worth a watch of the video of her speech which was just on MSNBC

Kelly is obviously a lying scum bag, and he's been caught in his lie. And preapared to invoke the memory of his own son in this mess - what a twat.

And Huckerby response - something like ah yea she said all the stuff Kelly reported and the grandstanding after the video was switched off :D - couldn't make it up

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #32088 on: October 21, 2017, 02:23:29 am »
I think Kelly was misinformed as to what she said and believed it.
Kill the humourless

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #32089 on: October 21, 2017, 03:20:03 am »
His latest EO has flown under the radar. Apparently, it is to resolve pilot shortages.. hmmmm...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/10/20/presidential-executive-order-amending-executive-order-13223

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #32090 on: October 21, 2017, 04:17:10 am »
John Kelly is a scumbag, just like everyone else associated with this administration.

https://www.thenation.com/article/john-kellys-promotion-is-a-disaster-for-immigrants/

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflores/john-kelly-dhs-move-reaction?utm_term=.xnpPmzkqY#.wuWaOxAor

What a laughable idea this is, thinking Trump can somehow be contained or handled or curtailed. "Well, at least Kelly's a tenuous voice of reason that will stop Trump from doing anything REALLY stupid."

Please. The orange fuckface will do what he wants, when he wants, and at best, Kelly will look back on this time and wonder how he's going to get the shit off his family name.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #32091 on: October 21, 2017, 04:49:07 am »
OK. What, exactly, should Kelly be doing differently? If your answer is 'resign', I ask: then what? Kelly is Chief of Staff - Trump is the President. Some of you are expect the impossible without offering any sensible alternative.

Ryan, McConnell, the Cabinet, and the GOP could do something, but they have not. Neither do I anticipate them doing anything soon. So, it is up to a few others to do what little they can. The majority of you posting to this thread are not being sensible about this and expect miracles from Kelly. Again, what, exactly, should he being differently and would be for the positive?

Simple - resign immmediately along with Tillerson, Mattis and all the other ‘adults’ that give the moron a veneer of respectability. Show up the Trump shambles for what it is. At least with Bannon and Gorka we all knew what we were getting and let’s face it, they were so incompetent they couldn’t actually get any of their batshit crazy ideas through. With Kelly there’s a chance that he’ll actually be able to pass his moronic fuckwittery into legislation.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32092 on: October 21, 2017, 04:52:11 am »

How could he be misinformed when he was actually at the event.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32093 on: October 21, 2017, 05:03:25 am »
So Kelly is as full of shit as his moron of a boss

Newly surfaced video from 2015 proves Kelly’s smear of Rep. Wilson was wrong on the facts
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/busted-newly-surfaced-video-from-2015-proves-kellys-smear-of-rep-wilson-was-wrong-on-the-facts/

So John Kelly is a fucking liar too. Who could have imagined that?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32094 on: October 21, 2017, 05:41:41 am »
Lawrence O'Donnell on Kelly. Not a lot to agree with and not very flattering for Kelly in my view...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y6_p7hwUl3o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y6_p7hwUl3o</a>

So Trump has been making those calls to every serviceman but for some reason he had to ask Kelly how to do it three days after he’d been pulled up in a press conference.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32095 on: October 21, 2017, 07:03:11 am »

So what's his excuse for the racist and sexist things he also said when he was throwing congresswoman Wilson under the bus? When a man says women are "sacred" - run the other way.

He sullied the memory of his own son to support a man who deferred serving his country 5 times, and again excused trump's despicable treatment of another Gold Star family. He's scum like the rest of them.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32096 on: October 21, 2017, 07:31:54 am »
So what's his excuse for the racist and sexist things he also said when he was throwing congresswoman Wilson under the bus? When a man says women are "sacred" - run the other way.

He sullied the memory of his own son to support a man who deferred serving his country 5 times, and again excused trump's despicable treatment of another Gold Star family. He's scum like the rest of them.

And is supporting a man who expresses the idea of 'women being sacred' by 'grabbing them by the pussy' and 'moving on them like a bitch...'

Kelly showed his hand with that performance. He coached Trump for his phone call and has now taken an active role in the lies that Trump and his clowns spew out every day.

As for Huckabee-Sanders. At least you got the sense that Spicer knew he was lying. Sanders has drunk the Kool Aid and has gone full doublethink (excuse the mixed metaphors). As Trevor Noah said, if Sanders had made the phone call she would have just told the families that their son wasn't dead. She is a disgusting piece of shit like all the rest.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32097 on: October 21, 2017, 07:34:24 am »
Simple - resign immmediately along with Tillerson, Mattis and all the other ‘adults’ that give the moron a veneer of respectability. Show up the Trump shambles for what it is. At least with Bannon and Gorka we all knew what we were getting and let’s face it, they were so incompetent they couldn’t actually get any of their batshit crazy ideas through. With Kelly there’s a chance that he’ll actually be able to pass his moronic fuckwittery into legislation.

And what do you think Trump might do if completely cornered? Perhaps he'd not do anything truly monstrous while Congress or the Cabinet actually get around to doing something. Maybe that's even highly probable. But I think we all know that there is more than a theoretical chance of Thump whipping out his tiny thumb and start pressing buttons. I do not trust most of the people around Trump to actually try to do anything to stop him (maybe they would even help him with the instructions). On the other hand, there are a few people I feel (or hope) would do whatever it takes to stop this from occurring, and Kelly is one of them. I think Trump is capable of far more than loose and insane talk; he'll act too. And (in response to coolbyrne), I do not mean for Kelly to try to reason with Trump. Do you think those of us who would rather Kelly stay in place take this view because we think he'd hypnotize Trump into inaction through soothing words? We are not naive; just terrified of there being no physical barriers to what just about all of us here at RAWK fear Trump might do (especially if he feels he has no other option).

I fully understand your position, Alan. And in a more normal situation, I'd agree with you. The situation with Trump is wholly exceptional and highly dangerous.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32098 on: October 21, 2017, 09:08:30 am »
You can't control Trump or reign him in. The only thing to do with him is to distance yourself as far as possible and resign, like those senior civil servants have done a while ago.

Also, while Trump might do something even more stupid without others araund him, chances are he won't do anything at all. He's stupid and bereft of any life skills. He'd probably sit in one of his hotels, eat pizza and watch TV and rant on twitter if there's nobody around to 'make sense of' his orders.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #32099 on: October 21, 2017, 09:47:23 am »
And what do you think Trump might do if completely cornered? Perhaps he'd not do anything truly monstrous while Congress or the Cabinet actually get around to doing something. Maybe that's even highly probable. But I think we all know that there is more than a theoretical chance of Thump whipping out his tiny thumb and start pressing buttons. I do not trust most of the people around Trump to actually try to do anything to stop him (maybe they would even help him with the instructions). On the other hand, there are a few people I feel (or hope) would do whatever it takes to stop this from occurring, and Kelly is one of them. I think Trump is capable of far more than loose and insane talk; he'll act too. And (in response to coolbyrne), I do not mean for Kelly to try to reason with Trump. Do you think those of us who would rather Kelly stay in place take this view because we think he'd hypnotize Trump into inaction through soothing words? We are not naive; just terrified of there being no physical barriers to what just about all of us here at RAWK fear Trump might do (especially if he feels he has no other option).

I fully understand your position, Alan. And in a more normal situation, I'd agree with you. The situation with Trump is wholly exceptional and highly dangerous.

What exactly do you tRust Kelly to do? And more importantly why do you trust him? You keep saying that we need Kelly to stay to be a restraining influence but where is the evidence that he would be?
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32100 on: October 21, 2017, 09:54:59 am »
As for Huckabee-Sanders. At least you got the sense that Spicer knew he was lying. Sanders has drunk the Kool Aid and has gone full doublethink (excuse the mixed metaphors). As Trevor Noah said, if Sanders had made the phone call she would have just told the families that their son wasn't dead. She is a disgusting piece of shit like all the rest.

Yes. Spicer had an impossible task, but you could sense he knew he was lying. That is gone. I wonder how long she can remain though. The job is impossible with a boss like Trump. He needs a Bagdad Bob.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32101 on: October 21, 2017, 10:19:15 am »
For everyone putting their trust in a retired general to prevent nuclear war I’d suggest they go back and look at the Korean and Vietnam wars where the joint chiefs considered the use of tactical nukes. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #32102 on: October 21, 2017, 11:15:32 am »
Fucking hell latest NRA ad.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9fVmqkzPWsY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9fVmqkzPWsY</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32103 on: October 21, 2017, 11:49:18 am »

https://www.youtube.com/v/9fVmqkzPWsY

2nd Amendmenters using the 1st Amendment to threaten people also using their 1st Amendment.

Love how they dropped in the NFL player taking 'a knee'.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #32104 on: October 21, 2017, 11:59:39 am »
Haha... Trump said in an interview with Fox Business that Kelly was offended that Frederica Wilson and the widow's mother were listening in on a private phone call while standing next to Trump making the call... You can't make this shit up... :lmao

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32105 on: October 21, 2017, 12:27:26 pm »
For everyone putting their trust in a retired general to prevent nuclear war I’d suggest they go back and look at the Korean and Vietnam wars where the joint chiefs considered the use of tactical nukes.
True, though they ultimately didn't, and I think it's also true that many in the army swing Republican and are probably as right wing and narrow-minded as the common stereotype. I reckon there's a few that aren't though, or at least a few that, while they may on the whole vote Republican as opposed to Democrat, are still pretty intelligent, sane individuals, and are likely not over-enamoured with the idea of having young men and women die needlessly at the behest of a draft-dodging lunatic.

I think, to reach the upper echelons of any of the US military branches, you have to have a fair degree of intelligence and competence - it's not like the old days of the British army where any idiotic aristo with enough family money could simply buy a commission and become a general overnight, and I think the popular view of all generals as being war-hungry Jack D Ripper types is likely to be pretty far from the actual truth.

Again, I'm not suggesting that Kelly is any type of crusading anti-Trump hero, merely saying that I think it's possible he may be a bit of a moderating influence on the president. I'd certainly trust him more than sycophantic Christian zealots like Pence and Devos, or the slimier side of white nationalism like Bannon or Gorka. I don't think that Jiminy Cricket, myself, or others are saying that we think Kelly's some type of heroic wonderboy type who's on a one man mission to save humanity from Trumpian excesses, merely that we can see a scenario wherein he tries to prevent Trump from acting on his worst impulses, or at least doesn't actively encourage them like some of the more hardcore elements of the administration might.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-kelly-schiller-659705
http://time.com/4894987/why-general-john-kelly-trump-last-hope/

There were quite a few stories about Kelly attempting to impose some sort of control over Trump during the earlier part of his current role, trying to limit Trump's access to right wing rags like Breitbart and Daily Caller, and trying to curtail his Twitter craziness. I vaguely remember the nuttiness and frequency of Trump's tweets lessened for a while, and though I think it's got crazier again, I'm not sure if it's back to pre-Kelly levels yet, suggesting that Kelly might (repeat, might) be having some sort of effect, given that we don't have any other consistent barometer by which to measure Trump's lunacy levels. There are also a few stories suggesting Kelly doesn't really like Trump (though it's possible, likely even given some of what I've read, that he shares at least some of the same disturbing political positions) and sees his role as one he feels duty-bound to do, as opposed to one he actually wants to do.

As many have said on here, Trump's still doing some pretty crazy things, but there's always the vague possibility that without Kelly (and potentially other moderating influences, whoever they might be) he would have done even crazier things. Maybe not though, but I guess we'll never know until many years down the line, if ever. I guess I'm probably holding onto a vain hope that someone, somewhere in the Trump administration isn't a complete nutcase and will actually impose some sort of sanity should it all go tits up, and there are very few people around Trump that I see as even possibly being like that, but Kelly's one. Anyways, apologies for writing reams of circular spiel on a subject and scenario that I'm not sure I even really believe, let alone understand, this is as much about setting my own thoughts on the matter in some sort of order as anything else.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32106 on: October 21, 2017, 01:02:55 pm »
Haha... Trump said in an interview with Fox Business that Kelly was offended that Frederica Wilson and the widow's mother were listening in on a private phone call while standing next to Trump making the call... You can't make this shit up... :lmao

So err... the mother of a dead soldier shouldn’t listen to a call from the president about her dead son but they’re bitching that Kelly didn’t get a call from Obama about his son?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #32107 on: October 21, 2017, 01:11:41 pm »
Before this week, anybody who thought Kelly would be a moderating influence was indulging in an exercise of either blind faith or wishful thinking, depending on where you were coming from.

Since the events of this past few days, anybody still thinking he either can temper,  or would like to temper, Trump's behaviour has veered into the area of delusion. You just have to look at Kelly's behaviour this week and the content of his utterances to recognise that.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32108 on: October 21, 2017, 01:12:09 pm »
How could he be misinformed when he was actually at the event.
Kelly lied about what she said at the dedication of the FBI building, not the phone call.
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32109 on: October 21, 2017, 01:15:23 pm »
Trump likely to block release of classified JFK files: report
The Hill
Julia Manchester
9 hrs ago

Trump to block release of classified Kennedy murder files: report© Provided by The Hill Trump to block release of classified Kennedy murder files: report
President Trump is expected to block the release of information from thousands of classified documents regarding the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy in 1963, according to a Politico Magazine article on Friday.

More than 3,000 assassination-related documents are set to be released by the National Archives next week in accordance with the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992, which states that the federal government must release them by Oct. 26, 2017.

However, Trump administration officials told the publication that there was a concern over releasing classified documents that were created in the 1990s, saying it could provide important information on recent intelligence and law enforcement operations.

The officials did not comment on what details regarding Kennedy's death would be kept secret under Trump's order to block the release.

White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters told the publication the White House is aiming "to ensure that the maximum amount of data can be released to the public" under the act.

Lawmakers argued at the time of the act's passing in 1992 that releasing the records would ensure transparency and give answers to conspiracy theories surrounding the former president's death.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-likely-to-block-release-of-classified-jfk-files-report/ar-AAtMLiD?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

At least we'll all know additional details soon.

The big mouth gossip can't keep anything to himself. 

I'd bet one of the first things any new prez wants to do is fill his boots on all the classified JFK docs.
Kill the humourless

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32110 on: October 21, 2017, 01:29:50 pm »
Kelly lied about what she said at the dedication of the FBI building, not the phone call.

He was at the dedication ceremony!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32111 on: October 21, 2017, 01:32:42 pm »
True, though they ultimately didn't, and I think it's also true that many in the army swing Republican and are probably as right wing and narrow-minded as the common stereotype. I reckon there's a few that aren't though, or at least a few that, while they may on the whole vote Republican as opposed to Democrat, are still pretty intelligent, sane individuals, and are likely not over-enamoured with the idea of having young men and women die needlessly at the behest of a draft-dodging lunatic.

I think, to reach the upper echelons of any of the US military branches, you have to have a fair degree of intelligence and competence - it's not like the old days of the British army where any idiotic aristo with enough family money could simply buy a commission and become a general overnight, and I think the popular view of all generals as being war-hungry Jack D Ripper types is likely to be pretty far from the actual truth.

Again, I'm not suggesting that Kelly is any type of crusading anti-Trump hero, merely saying that I think it's possible he may be a bit of a moderating influence on the president. I'd certainly trust him more than sycophantic Christian zealots like Pence and Devos, or the slimier side of white nationalism like Bannon or Gorka. I don't think that Jiminy Cricket, myself, or others are saying that we think Kelly's some type of heroic wonderboy type who's on a one man mission to save humanity from Trumpian excesses, merely that we can see a scenario wherein he tries to prevent Trump from acting on his worst impulses, or at least doesn't actively encourage them like some of the more hardcore elements of the administration might.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-kelly-schiller-659705
http://time.com/4894987/why-general-john-kelly-trump-last-hope/

There were quite a few stories about Kelly attempting to impose some sort of control over Trump during the earlier part of his current role, trying to limit Trump's access to right wing rags like Breitbart and Daily Caller, and trying to curtail his Twitter craziness. I vaguely remember the nuttiness and frequency of Trump's tweets lessened for a while, and though I think it's got crazier again, I'm not sure if it's back to pre-Kelly levels yet, suggesting that Kelly might (repeat, might) be having some sort of effect, given that we don't have any other consistent barometer by which to measure Trump's lunacy levels. There are also a few stories suggesting Kelly doesn't really like Trump (though it's possible, likely even given some of what I've read, that he shares at least some of the same disturbing political positions) and sees his role as one he feels duty-bound to do, as opposed to one he actually wants to do.

As many have said on here, Trump's still doing some pretty crazy things, but there's always the vague possibility that without Kelly (and potentially other moderating influences, whoever they might be) he would have done even crazier things. Maybe not though, but I guess we'll never know until many years down the line, if ever. I guess I'm probably holding onto a vain hope that someone, somewhere in the Trump administration isn't a complete nutcase and will actually impose some sort of sanity should it all go tits up, and there are very few people around Trump that I see as even possibly being like that, but Kelly's one. Anyways, apologies for writing reams of circular spiel on a subject and scenario that I'm not sure I even really believe, let alone understand, this is as much about setting my own thoughts on the matter in some sort of order as anything else.

It's a tough one to call.  Whilst I believe Kelly IS helping to restrain Trump, I asked earlier what kind of lunacy might ensue if all the moderates who are working to box Trump in quit the government?   Alan made an excellent point - perhaps they SHOULD all quit, if only to try and force the GOP's hand on taking this mutha humping moron down.

My guess is pure fear.  The stakes are SO high.  From what little I have seen on the subject, the release order for a nuclear attack is not easily countermanded.  I don't blame Gen Kelly for sticking it out.

I do, though, hold him accountable for shoddy behaviour.  And whilst I think "enabling" is too strong a word - at the moment - Kelly has clearly allowed himself to be dragged down to his president's level of a monkey throwing poop.

It's bizarre to (essentially) claim that it's fine for Kelly and Trump's staff to listen as Trump makes the call, but nobody except Myeshia Johnson is allowed to listen in on her end?  Then maybe Kelly should have arranged the call for a more convenient time - like when she's not on the way to the fecking airport to collect her husband's body! 

That call wasn't about Trump; that call was for Myeshia Johnson and she is allowed to share that conversation with whomever she chooses.  Sgt Johnson's aunt who raised him should be allowed to hear it; Congresswoman Wilson as a personal family friend should be allowed to hear it.  And if Myeshia Johnson is happy for it to be shared, Trump should just hold his tiny hands up and admit he got the tone of the conversation wrong.

But of course Trump, and by extension his entire administration, are pathologically incapable of admitting any kind of mistakes or wrong doing.  It's always somebody else's fucking fault.  And Kelly insisting on only taking questions from those associated with gold star families - well at best it illustrates a man completely out of his element and desperate to keep a situation within his field of expertise.  At worst it's outright censorship and he should be taking his 20th shower right now - but that Trump stink never washes out.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32112 on: October 21, 2017, 01:37:45 pm »

Exactly.  A civilian president, rather than trigger-happy generals, holding the nuclear codes is supposed to negate the impulse to actually use nuclear force.   
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #32113 on: October 21, 2017, 01:44:18 pm »
Andy McGeady‏ Verified account @andymcgeady

Trump watches conspiracy theory TV channel, tweets a lie he saw.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32114 on: October 21, 2017, 01:55:55 pm »
Andy McGeady‏ Verified account @andymcgeady

Trump watches conspiracy theory TV channel, tweets a lie he saw.

Stupid prick. I have to admit, being from the UK, that I found that tweet particularly galling and ridiculous.

I genuinely believe that he spends the vast majority of his free time (so, probably, the vast majority of his time full stop) sat in front of a massive TV in a golden dressing gown eating KFC and watching TV news channels approved by his aides, ie those channels that will only provide coverage of Trump that is 100% fawningly positive.

What the fuck is "One America News" anyway? The name makes it sound like some Orwellian nightmare version of Fox.

As an aside, I hope that someone somewhere is keeping tabs on the correlation between his more ridiculous tweets (ie the ones obviously sent by the man himself, as opposed to the slightly saner ones probably sent by his underlings) and which strident conservative TV rantings happened to be on just before said ridiculous tweets. It would make for some interesting reading.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32115 on: October 21, 2017, 02:14:03 pm »
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/john-kelly-and-the-language-of-the-military-coup/amp

Very good context for Kelly's performance.

Still no one know what happened in Niger, right? Or why La David was separated from his group at the first rescue. That's doubly what makes Trump's remarks to Myeisha Johnson so cruel - "he knew what he was signing up for."
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32116 on: October 21, 2017, 02:46:27 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9fVmqkzPWsY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9fVmqkzPWsY</a>

Ha ha ha! ;D

So here come the loyal Trump supporters to defend him. I liked the complaints about the media the most. It's Trump who causes all the media storms, the media have a duty to report it and then Trump & Co complain. His is good news. The NRA must be one of the most loyal groups Trump has. For them to make a commericial to back him, against everyone, after less than a year in charge tells me they are running out of options.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32117 on: October 21, 2017, 02:50:56 pm »
Trump likely to block release of classified JFK files: report
The Hill
Julia Manchester
9 hrs ago

Trump to block release of classified Kennedy murder files: report© Provided by The Hill Trump to block release of classified Kennedy murder files: report
President Trump is expected to block the release of information from thousands of classified documents regarding the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy in 1963, according to a Politico Magazine article on Friday.

More than 3,000 assassination-related documents are set to be released by the National Archives next week in accordance with the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992, which states that the federal government must release them by Oct. 26, 2017.

However, Trump administration officials told the publication that there was a concern over releasing classified documents that were created in the 1990s, saying it could provide important information on recent intelligence and law enforcement operations.

The officials did not comment on what details regarding Kennedy's death would be kept secret under Trump's order to block the release.

White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters told the publication the White House is aiming "to ensure that the maximum amount of data can be released to the public" under the act.

Lawmakers argued at the time of the act's passing in 1992 that releasing the records would ensure transparency and give answers to conspiracy theories surrounding the former president's death.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-likely-to-block-release-of-classified-jfk-files-report/ar-AAtMLiD?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

At least we'll all know additional details soon.

The big mouth gossip can't keep anything to himself. 

I'd bet one of the first things any new prez wants to do is fill his boots on all the classified JFK docs.

He’ll release everything on his Twitter account.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #32118 on: October 21, 2017, 02:52:27 pm »
He’ll release everything on his Twitter account.

And now he's planning to release them after all. Bad news for the family of Ted Cruz

Donald J. Trump‏V@realDonaldTrump
Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32119 on: October 21, 2017, 02:55:50 pm »
And now he's planning to release them after all. Bad news for the family of Ted Cruz

Donald J. Trump‏V@realDonaldTrump
Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened.

He’s going to want people to thank him for that. He’ll bring it up whenever he can.