Author Topic: Nigel Pearson not not sacked by Leicester  (Read 26992 times)

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
Re: Nigel Pearson sacked by Leicester
« Reply #80 on: May 1, 2015, 06:07:18 am »
He's made Murphy look a right c*nt there. Murphy has tried to drag that story out and acted like that to make himself a story. Pearson did superbly well not to react, and it's hard to disagree with Pearson that the press have it in for him when they'll all lauding Murphy for his twattish antics.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2015, 06:09:22 am by rodderzzz »

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 1, 2015, 06:37:10 am »
Good on Murphy. Sports journalists are in the wider industry known as a spineless lot. My old journalism lecturer said to me if there was ever a football story that was serious they'd send in a news journalist to cover it because the sports guys couldn't upset people (ie: Ferguson).

Well, Murphy is a proper journo and cares about football in the Midlands. It's good to see him showing some steel because Pearson's behaviour this season has not been good and it shouldn't go unchallenged. He needs to get some advice on anger and coping with stress.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 1, 2015, 07:42:44 am »
Pearson is such a prick. Such an enormous prick. But he is weirdly entertaining ;D
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: May 1, 2015, 08:32:45 am »
I wonder if the same applies to our manager

The difference is that our manager does not come across as a smug prick in any way. He always speaks calmly and with class. Hardly comparable to Pearson at all.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #84 on: May 1, 2015, 08:41:54 am »
If Leicester stay up at the end of the season then the battle has been won by Nigel Pearson.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #85 on: May 1, 2015, 08:58:47 am »
The difference is that our manager does not come across as a smug prick in any way. He always speaks calmly and with class. Hardly comparable to Pearson at all.

"He is the only man for the job" not my words, his, if you care to go back and check his statements, strange then that I got that feeling when he first started at the club, with his 3 brown envelopes, his statement " I have found this saves me time writing them all out

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/liverpool/157398/top-20-brilliantly-cringeworthy-brendan-rodgers-quotes.htm
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #86 on: May 1, 2015, 09:07:04 am »
"He is the only man for the job" not my words, his, if you care to go back and check his statements, strange then that I got that feeling when he first started at the club, with his 3 brown envelopes, his statement " I have found this saves me time writing them all out

In fairness Vic, if there's a top flight manager out there who said "well, I reckon there's better candidates out there than me" I doubt they'd last too long in a big job.

It's one thing having big opinions of yourself but the way Pearson has acted a few times this season is incomparable in my view.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #87 on: May 1, 2015, 09:14:12 am »
Amazed how anyone can watch that interview and side with the jumped up media-prick that is Pat Murphy....typical sneering tabloid hack, goading and prodding and assuming the football world owes them thanks and gratitude for their livelihoods.....Pearson handled that extremely well.....hats off to him
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #88 on: May 1, 2015, 09:25:23 am »
In fairness Vic, if there's a top flight manager out there who said "well, I reckon there's better candidates out there than me" I doubt they'd last too long in a big job.

It's one thing having big opinions of yourself but the way Pearson has acted a few times this season is incomparable in my view.

Yep, you need a bit of arrogance to succeed as a manager. Thinking highly of your own methods/tactics/abilities is definitely incomparable to strangling players on the pitch(!). Pearson comes across as a pretty scary individual.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 1, 2015, 09:37:43 am »
Think he is a serial killer candidate for sure. He'll be gone at the end of the season no matter what IMO.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 1, 2015, 10:14:05 am »
God I hope Leicester stay up. He is my favourite manager.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #91 on: May 1, 2015, 10:37:18 am »
I think Pearson is great. I hope Leicester stay up and I hope he stays in the job

Every time I watch or listen to him being interviewed by a journo I find myself thinking "go on Nigel, tell him to go and rightly royally fuck himself"

I like him because he treats journo's the way I'd love to treat journo's if I was a football manager.

He doesn't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks of him, which I respect 
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: Nigel Pearson not sacked by Leicester
« Reply #92 on: May 1, 2015, 11:02:27 am »
He has had a fantastic month or so, they are the only team at the bottom who look like they want to stay in the division.

That said I'm sure QPR will look like Real QPRcelona on the weekend.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #93 on: May 1, 2015, 01:34:56 pm »
Amazed how anyone can watch that interview and side with the jumped up media-prick that is Pat Murphy....typical sneering tabloid hack, goading and prodding and assuming the football world owes them thanks and gratitude for their livelihoods.....Pearson handled that extremely well.....hats off to him

Too right..Murphy's a snide twat..up Clough's arse.
He's all chummy with managers that feed him, but if he's treated like any other journo he fucking acts like a child.
Remember him having a go at Houllier when Villa manager

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #94 on: May 1, 2015, 01:39:50 pm »
Too right..Murphy's a snide twat..up Clough's arse.
He's all chummy with managers that feed him, but if he's treated like any other journo he fucking acts like a child.
Remember him having a go at Houllier when Villa manager

Is right mate, ive heard him do similar on numerous occasions - he's assumed this position as the oracle of all things football in the Midlands...always go too much to say for himself and sees his arse if they dont play ball....one annoying twat that
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 1, 2015, 02:45:37 pm »
Pearson is a c*nt. Don't praise him for handling this situation well, he's an arrogant wanker who has no respect for people in football that haven't played or managed at the higher levels of the game.

Pretty sure it was PoP once who was explaining how he, or others he knew, have met him on coaching courses etc. in the past and he's got no time or respect for those outside of the 'elite' of English football.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #96 on: May 1, 2015, 03:00:51 pm »
Pearson's boss....one of my favourite Premier League managers along with Pellegrini, Dyche and Koeman....very different characters but all worthy of respect

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #97 on: May 1, 2015, 03:03:01 pm »
'elite' of English football.

Oxymoron if ever a description fits.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 1, 2015, 06:25:16 pm »
Hate his fucking guts, he's a pig ignorant, gobby dickhead.

Sack him.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 1, 2015, 06:26:08 pm »
sack him so you have a chance tomorrow you mean? ;)
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 1, 2015, 06:26:32 pm »
Hate his fucking guts, he's a pig ignorant, gobby dickhead.

Sack him.

He'll end up at the Toon, Paul.  :P

Offline Zephyr

• Thinks of RAWK whilst pleasuring himself
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #101 on: May 1, 2015, 06:57:34 pm »
Imagine that... Christ.

Mint-Berry Crunch!

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 1, 2015, 06:58:13 pm »
sack him so you have a chance tomorrow you mean? ;)
Newcastle couldn't beat ney fucker haha.

I'm not even upset about it, seriously, I laugh about it.

The sooner that fat cock sucker Mike Ashley slings his hook the better.

As the great man Kevin Keegan said himself, "Newcastle United will never go anywhere under Mike Ashley.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 1, 2015, 06:59:24 pm »
I better keep my trap shut then because the idiot might start chinning some of the fans haha.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 1, 2015, 07:00:26 pm »
Imagine that... Christ.

Ohh yes, I can imaging Jesus Christ managing the Toon like, an odd miracle here and there would do wonders.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 1, 2015, 07:11:59 pm »
He's a bully, hope he gets kicked down the leagues where he belongs
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #106 on: May 1, 2015, 07:32:26 pm »
twatish "journalism" from Murphy. What a c*nt. Do you think he would talk to Mourinho like that? No. He'd bend him over and fuck him up the arse. Fair play NigeL. Treat the c*nt like he deserves to be treated.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #107 on: May 1, 2015, 07:45:52 pm »
Nigel Pearson handled himself brilliantly. Gave Pat Murphy no rope to hang him which was what Murphy was looking for. Each answer was polite and short giving Murphy nothing of substance to follow up with. Well done Pearson. Shame on Murphy.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #108 on: May 1, 2015, 07:51:47 pm »
I think the way Pearson is handling the situation is wrong. I don't think he's had to deal with questions that are any different to the ones his fellow managers face every week. His behaviour on the sidelines isn't any better either.

However, other managers have been far worse in their treatment of the press and haven't been subjected to such questioning. Off the top of my head a few managers who stick out as class acts in terms of responding to the media are Rodgers, Wenger, Martinez and Villas-Boas. A strange group at first glance, but they've all faced very tricky times in this league and have been subjected to some pretty awful questioning. For the most part they all managed to handle themselves with dignity.

I think Pearson is in the wrong here but what kj999 said is true. Would Mourinho be treated in the same way? I suspect not. There appear to be a select few managers who are rarely ever challenged about their behaviour.

One quote that was never probed springs to mind. "You and your paper can fuck off". Was what Pearson said in his press conference really any worse than that?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #109 on: May 1, 2015, 07:54:08 pm »

What has that got to do with the press conference posted up?

Wasn't the press conference more recent and unrelated to that incident?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #110 on: May 1, 2015, 07:54:47 pm »
Have you considered anger management?
Fuck off ;D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 1, 2015, 08:03:08 pm »
What has that got to do with the press conference posted up?

Wasn't the press conference more recent and unrelated to that incident?

I think he's saying that asking Pearson if he's considered anger management in light of his behaviour this season isn't that ridiculous

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 1, 2015, 08:32:29 pm »
Nigel Pearson handled himself brilliantly. Gave Pat Murphy no rope to hang him which was what Murphy was looking for. Each answer was polite and short giving Murphy nothing of substance to follow up with. Well done Pearson. Shame on Murphy.
There is nothing polite about calling someone stupid and telling them they are an Ostrich.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #113 on: May 1, 2015, 08:49:36 pm »
I think he's saying that asking Pearson if he's considered anger management in light of his behaviour this season isn't that ridiculous
Fair cop.

Still seems more on the goading side to me. He's asking it for a further reaction not out of any genuine concern.

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 1, 2015, 09:20:50 pm »
Can't say I'm a big fan of Pearson but I thought it was very unprofessional of the BBC's Pat Murphy to do what he did.

In fact, it strikes me as indicative of the BBC on a whole lately. What used to be held up as the standard of all journalism is often barely above tabloid shite, quite disappointing to see. Some of their headlines and top stories lately have bordered on the ridiculous.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 1, 2015, 09:36:45 pm »
Can't say I'm a big fan of Pearson but I thought it was very unprofessional of the BBC's Pat Murphy to do what he did.

In fact, it strikes me as indicative of the BBC on a whole lately. What used to be held up as the standard of all journalism is often barely above tabloid shite, quite disappointing to see. Some of their headlines and top stories lately have bordered on the ridiculous.
Yes, well we all know what a set of c*nts the BBC are.  I mean, just look at the amount of times they have employed Kelvin MacKenzie, they still do and all the letters I have written and emails sent to Mark Thompson, George Entwistle and the latest fucker The Lord Hall of Birkenhead seem to warrant nothing but a stock reply containing nothing but complete and utter bollocks.

So, yes, the BBC are Grade A c*nts, BUT, Pearson and every other football Manager has to be the bigger man, rise above it and be totally professional, as in how Sir Bobby Robson would behave.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #116 on: May 1, 2015, 09:52:12 pm »
There is nothing polite about calling someone stupid and telling them they are an Ostrich.

You are referring to another press conference not the one with Pat Murphy.  :P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 1, 2015, 10:21:35 pm »
You are referring to another press conference not the one with Pat Murphy.  :P
Haha, well isn't that just typical.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #118 on: May 2, 2015, 10:20:28 am »
I love how he deals with journos personally.

A press conference is surely just to discuss football? The fact the Beeb sends this guy to try and get some hard hitting interview just tells you all you need to know. He apologised, move on.

He's chilling as well isn't he? I could defo see him in a horror film.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 2, 2015, 10:46:42 am »
Haha, well isn't that just typical.

I come on here yesterday to see what's what. Saw the thread title, then the picture of him strangling a player.

Left the thread confused :D