Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 887092 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #240 on: May 28, 2018, 09:43:03 pm »
So first of all a HUGE humble apology to the DM ULTRAS... I didn't think we'd ever sign a player like this.... tonight is your night.. well done for keeping the dream alive!

As I posted in ARSE (snork) ... its a somewhat underwhelming signing for me
I am prejudiced in that I don't really rate this kind of player generally and I don't massively see the need for us to have on ... however clearly we want an Emre replacement. I was hoping if we did get a '6' it would be someone

As for Fabinho ... he looks good rather than elite to me. There's nothing super special about his numbers/performance in France and Monaco players seem hugely susceptible to hype
It does look a big fee for a player with a skill set that's replicable elsewhere and that isn't a slam dunk (in my view - others disagree I know that before you all start shouting) and he doesn't improve us in the areas I'd like us to have improved our deeper lying midfielder

Hopefully its not a bad signing and its more midfield depth which is handy. I just disagree that this TYPE of player gives our team a big uplift or even a gain but I'm fully aware I'm in the minority on here.

At least we're getting done what we want to get done... attackers next please

I think it's worth putting some stock into what the Monaco fans have been saying. Have a look at the forum somebody linked on here, they seemed to rate him as a key player. Somebody even said he was making Bakayoko look good.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #241 on: May 28, 2018, 09:43:11 pm »
Ticks the ability to win aerial duel too ;)

Most aerial duels won in Ligue 1 last season.

Just like when Mane was our alternative to Gotze, and it worked out brilliantly. If it is to be believed that Jorginho was our first choice. i can see the same working out here with our back-up. He'll end up being the better success of the two.

I told everyone that tactical intelligence and aerial ability was vital for Klopp's system at #6. But did they listen? :D

Seriously though, it's a good sign. We are taking care of tactical vulnerabilities.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
« Reply #242 on: May 28, 2018, 09:43:16 pm »
He's a big imposing DM with excellent reading of the game, good passer of the ball and covers both wide and centrally very well. Used to be a RB but was moved to DM and hasn't looked back since

Great in the air, good in transition and moves well with the ball at his feet. Strong in the tackle and good at holding players off, rarely gets injured

If he strolls around like Didi Hamann used to, I'll be very happy - am I on the right lines with this fella or...?
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: May 28, 2018, 09:43:18 pm »
So first of all a HUGE humble apology to the DM ULTRAS... I didn't think we'd ever sign a player like this.... tonight is your night.. well done for keeping the dream alive!

I am prejudiced in that I don't really rate this kind of player generally and I don't massively see the need for us to have on ... however clearly we want an Emre replacement. I was hoping if we did get a '6' it would be someone

As for Fabinho ... he looks good rather than elite to me. There's nothing super special about his numbers/performance in France and Monaco players seem hugely susceptible to hype
It does look a big fee for a player with a skill set that's replicable elsewhere and that isn't a slam dunk (in my view - others disagree I know that before you all start shouting) and he doesn't improve us in the areas I'd like us to have improved our deeper lying midfielder

Hopefully its not a bad signing and its more midfield depth which is handy. I just disagree that this TYPE of player gives our team a big uplift or even a gain but I'm fully aware I'm in the minority on here.

I get what you are saying. Our way home is goals so does he help with that?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #244 on: May 28, 2018, 09:43:25 pm »
Errm

Well..

There’s something I need to tell you...

See? once you fake news theres just no unfaking it. The mans name is Stanley.  it is known. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #245 on: May 28, 2018, 09:43:31 pm »
We'll need more -o names for the song to work :( Hendo can stay. We'll need to send Wijnaldum, Keita and Ox to each fetch a deed poll (Oxlade-Chamberlain's double barrel pisses me off anyway... like Jesus Christ Alex come on, pull your shit together)
Wino is fine

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: May 28, 2018, 09:43:43 pm »
Mad he's going to be our 3rd/4th most expensive signing ever and nobody had a clue.

I'm just glad the saga is over, its been a very long 3 hours

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: May 28, 2018, 09:43:56 pm »
Matches the United one.  Well, sort of, some of them are being reasonable, which is terrifying.  But mostly hilarity.  Lots of this:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/fabinho-liverpool-player-redcafe-in-meltdown.439030/

Yep,love this one

Son Of Sam said: ↑
We have dropped the ball yet again while Woodward is somewhere fantasising about a galactico player. Liverpool now have arguably the best midfield in the PL - Keita and Fabinho will destroy teams next season.

What are we doing for goodness sake. You can always trust Man Utd not to address the gaping problems in the squad. The management is currently Bale-drunk when we should be beefing up the midfield and the full back areas.

This is a big L to United.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: May 28, 2018, 09:44:03 pm »
How much of an upgrade is he on Can?

Lots.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: May 28, 2018, 09:44:12 pm »

Nice to have another Brazilian in the squad to keep Bobby happy, great job by the recruitment team

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: May 28, 2018, 09:44:34 pm »
Why would you feel for Henderson?  ??? He’s the club captain, I doubt he’s too upset at us signing excellent players.

If Fabinho and Keita hit the ground running where do you see Henderson fitting in ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: May 28, 2018, 09:44:38 pm »
Finally, a proper DM. Top player. If we sign Fekir as well, our midfield is going to be ridiculous.

Offline Baraka

• bama. But a lot lot lot lot stupider. Has an IQ of 6½
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: May 28, 2018, 09:44:58 pm »
Stan Fabinho and Keith Keita!
South Park>>>>>All.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: May 28, 2018, 09:44:59 pm »
Love these types of signings, completely out of the blue. Dont know much about him but hes a defensive midfielder and his name ends in inho; im on board.

I wonder what Klopp has planned for next season, theres suddenly some real variety and strength in depth in midfield. Everyone will get plenty of game time over the course of the season but itll be interesting to see what the starting three turns out to be; if it even ends up as a three.

I just pray we dont lose anyone this summer. If we continue to make these signings on top of what we already have then we really could be in business.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #254 on: May 28, 2018, 09:45:09 pm »
The most important opinion at this point:

“We have signed a fantastic player, but someone who is an equally fantastic person I think,” the manager explained to Liverpoolfc.com.

“His reputation as a character in the dressing room and his attitude in training has come through from everyone we speak to.

“He has a lovely family also - adding a person like this to our dressing room only makes us even stronger. What we have - in terms of our environment at Melwood and in the team - means anyone coming in must be of that build. They must be the highest quality person and player.

“He has ability and mentality to play at the highest level in a number of positions. He can play ‘6’, ‘8’ and ‘2’. This is cool.

“He is tactically very strong and football smart. I think he improves our squad and there aren’t that many players you can say that about in this moment, because the quality we have already is so high.

“I like that he is young yet experienced also, with a high number of games at a club that compete to win. Also, international caps for Brazil tells you something about him.

“This signing gives us new opportunities and for that I am excited. I’m sure our supporters will make him very welcome and at home at our wonderful club and in our amazing city.”

Rest of it here: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/303603-jurgen-klopp-fabinho-liverpool-fc

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #255 on: May 28, 2018, 09:45:19 pm »
If Fabinho and Keita hit the ground running where do you see Henderson fitting in ?

We need a good squad to compete in four competitions. There's definitely place for him.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: May 28, 2018, 09:45:37 pm »
We needed something like this to give us all a bit of a lift by the way.

Melissa Reddy saying this is just the start of a very aggressive transfer window for us as well.
May as well use the fact we're Champions' League finalists to its max this year.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #257 on: May 28, 2018, 09:46:28 pm »
Looks like United missed Stan and Jorghino, are going to their Third choice from the Austrian 2nd division,  Justbetter Thangrass. Miles better than Pogba apparently.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #258 on: May 28, 2018, 09:46:29 pm »
Nice to have another Brazilian in the squad to keep Bobby happy, great job by the recruitment team

I doubt Bobby needs that. His last contract was signed after Cou left :)
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: May 28, 2018, 09:46:40 pm »
No idea if he’s any good.

I’m not going to get too dizzy with us splashing the cash about (look where it got the Ev last summer).

As with all players, he will be judged when he wears the shirt.
It's different when you don't splash the cash on shite players.

I like how important the player's character/mentality is to Klopp. You look at the squad harmony this season and the effect our signings have had on it. They're all good lads and it goes a long way.

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #260 on: May 28, 2018, 09:46:47 pm »
Damn, that was fast. Keita and Fabinho is a fine start to the summer.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: May 28, 2018, 09:46:59 pm »

Care to elaborate?

What kind of improvement do we need at DM and how doesn't he improve them?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #262 on: May 28, 2018, 09:47:47 pm »
Collymore?

Steve Staunton's nickname was Stan.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: May 28, 2018, 09:47:52 pm »
This is getting confusing. We've got Firmino, Fabinho and Ribenho.

Can't ever remember us having a Stan before - sure we must have, like.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: May 28, 2018, 09:49:01 pm »
But can he play on the half turn??

Joking aside, welcome Stan. If Klopp likes you, then I like you.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #265 on: May 28, 2018, 09:49:07 pm »
How much of an upgrade is he on Can?

Emre's body, Emmanuel Petit's brain. Fucking dream of a signing.

I have been talking all season about how the tactical level of our midfield was a big hindrance. This guy is literally the #1 target I had to solve it. Just always thought he was off to United. In a big game, Fabinho, Gini & Keita = opponent not touching the ball once in midfield. Not once. Fabinho = no more long punts for Lukaku to flick on. He just dominates that zone.

Dream of a signing.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #266 on: May 28, 2018, 09:49:16 pm »
May as well use the fact we're Champions' League finalists to its max this year.
This is one of the positives I highlighted during our CL run. If you can't throw money like City and United you need to rely on your reputation, we did ours no harm at all with that run to the final.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2018, 09:50:04 pm »
No mate. You have to forget Henderson being a 1st teamer now.

We're linked with an attacking midfielder and have The OX and Lallana plus Woodburn on our books.

As much as we know you'd love that to be true, I think there's a bit of denial going on here on your part Fordy. Fabinho isn't going to play 60 plus games, so Henderson will play when he doesn't. At this moment in time we don't know when Ox will be ready, and we know Klopp likes a post injury 'pre season' for a player before they are used again, Lallana has struggled with injuries, and Woodburn has never completed 90 minutes for the first team. Henderson is certainly ahead of him for any midfield role. Like it or not Jordan will still play a lot of games next season. He and Fabinho will very much both be '1st teamers'.

I reckon Kenny, Rodgers and Klopp only played him to wind you up. What Fekirs.

As for Fabinho, wow!? Out of the blue or what!? I know there's people who wanted a ball player but there is a case that a more physical and defensive midfielder means we can play higher full backs and more directly into the attacking midfielders from the centre halves. We do it now with Hendo, it suggests that no matter who is playing in any one game in that role we don't have to switch our build up of defensive patterns of play much to compensate; a direct replacement and improvement for Can.

Brilliant work by the club and just the shot in the arm we needed.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2018, 09:50:46 pm »
Very probable that it would be 23 that's why there's no mention yet.

Not really. He wears 2 currently. 3 would seem the most likely next step. What number he wears when he's started for Brazil would probably be a good indicator

Offline Lucaspool FC

• Kopite
« Reply #269 on: May 28, 2018, 09:50:53 pm »
Wow he's a great player. We know exactly what we are doing right now, and it's not chasing Swansea players like Brendan that's for sure :)

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: May 28, 2018, 09:50:55 pm »

Is that Deco

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #271 on: May 28, 2018, 09:51:13 pm »
Omg just saw the news...am properly freaking out!!!! Will finally have a proper DM , wooooooo!!!

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: May 28, 2018, 09:51:14 pm »
This is getting confusing. We've got Firmino, Fabinho and Ribenho.

Can't ever remember us having a Stan before - sure we must have, like.
Collymore, Kane, Polk and Steve 'Stan' Staunton.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #273 on: May 28, 2018, 09:51:27 pm »
What I meant to say was, I can't remember us having anyone called Fabinho before.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: May 28, 2018, 09:51:30 pm »
This is one of the positives I highlighted during our CL run. If you can't throw money like City and United you need to rely on your reputation, we did ours no harm at all with that run to the final.

Even winning the league in your own country doesn't give you the exposure to the world that playing in a CL final gives. We need to spend big this window to make the most of that exposure.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #275 on: May 28, 2018, 09:52:00 pm »

Is that Deco
Deco too? Fucking hell I can't keep up with these signings.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #276 on: May 28, 2018, 09:52:02 pm »
Care to elaborate?

What kind of improvement do we need at DM and how doesn't he improve them?

If we were going to buy one I'd have liked one who was more a deep lying playmaker than a dm as our weakness in midfield is keeping possession (especially against the press) and penetrative passing against set defences
If we couldn't get Jorginho I was happy with Henderson / Wijnaldam / Keita covering the position - or switching to a double pivot

I'm not against the transfer to be clear its not like he's bad - we've decided to replace Can with similar which is fine - I'm just no clear on how he significantly improves us ... genuinely hope to be proved wrong ...provided we have the cash to get a top quality AM and wide forward as well its all good

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2018, 09:52:13 pm »
Is he really a DM? Have literally never seen him kick a ball until now, always thought he sounded like a DM, but after watching a video or two of him he seems more like a typical central midfielder than a DM.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #278 on: May 28, 2018, 09:52:27 pm »
Don't know anything about him but great to conduct our business like this. Midfield depth already.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: May 28, 2018, 09:52:49 pm »
If anyone wants to read their fan's reaction. http://liveteam-asm.com/AsmForum/index.php?/topic/8-fabinho/&page=62

Some great translations on there, my fav being "hard fucking to see him with the Liverpool jersey so fast".

Best of luck for the season Stan