Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
News and Current Affairs / Re: India - deteriorating?
« Last post by Bullet500 on Today at 07:08:07 am »
1) The difference being the BJP seeks to turn that on it's head and reduce the amount of entropy where as the "opposition" would prefer the feudal structures to line their own pockets and keep power. One is venturing bravely into the unknown, the other exhibits a timid cowardice and sticks to shore and is simply unable to cater to the awakening and ambition of the Dharmic soul

2) Another spectacular own goal is the "opposition" attacking the Hindu culture due to caste (rightly so) then relying on it during elections but incapable of giving credit where it is due (and there is much to be grateful for the Sanātana Dharma). Then they hide behind platitudes of "All cultures are equal" and any criticism of other cultures brushed of as -phobic. Let us be frank, there is no "propaganda" to blame here apart from their own inconsistencies. The  confluence of philosophers, ascetics, poets and writers that have shaped the broad arcs of the Sanātana Dharma are the greatest in the history of humankind. One book of Hindu philosophy alone goes further in explaining the human condition than any library from anywhere.

What is here can be found elsewhere, what is not can be found nowhere - Mahābhārata
err, it's the same kind of feudal idiots in BJP and the same kind of feudal idiots in Congress.  ;D

The truth is, there is not much to Sanatan Dharma or way of life apart from varnashrama and eventual caste segregation. No matter how people may morph the scriptures now - "ohh it wasn't supposed to be birth based". Now when books that are considered 'smriti' have some crap, people say.. "ohh, shruti have the authority".

3) Remittances do not count towards GDP but money doesn't vanish when it enters Kerala. It boosts the purchasing power of the households that receive it and their spending in housing, education, comforts etc boost the numbers from the service sector. No wonder there is an influx of Northern migrants to Kerala to work these service jobs. The outward migration of Malyalees dwarfs the outward migration from neighbouring states like Karnataka and Tamil Nadu which actually produce something of value. I am a Kannadiga, from Bengaluru and in hospitality the bulk of the workers are Nepalis, North-Easterners and Malyalees. If Kerala is so great then you wonder what the Malyalees are doing with members from the poorest regions of India and Nepal where the per-capita income is ~25% that of Kerala. All just a mirage that one day will crumble.
Industry's share of Kerala's GDP = 23%
Industry's share of Karnataka's GDP = 19%

Not bad. Pretty much the Karnataka level. And, there is no harm in movement of labour. There are a lot of people from BJP-ruled states like Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh working in South India, absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Let's look at Karnataka's remittances for a non-COVID year for example: https://www.livemint.com/news/india/the-pandemic-impact-on-remittances-11658171745218.html (premium article, so here's the screenshot - https://i.imgur.com/j3xiqKB.png)

As % of total inward remittances to India:
Kerala - 19%
Karnatala - 15%

Not that big of a difference in the two things you claimed. The good thing about Kerala is that it doesn't have poverty like North Karnataka does.

4) Kerala is run by communists so it is no surprise people fume at the propaganda that originates from that region especially when they tout them as an economic model to follow though their success in social indicators have been impressive. The communists were always good at that and we can take inspiration from their centralized re-engineering of society to emancipate women but  we've all also seen first hand what the communists did in Bengal and what their power vaccuum produced in the TMC. What was once the cultural capital of the sub-continent now reduced to being one of its armpits.
What Bengal has suffered from is Bhodrolok culture. Commies didn't do enough to eradicate it.
You nailed it!
He can’t cope with the stigmata
Today, is not a good day, lads. This kind of news is nothing new, and is testament to why we should not rest on our laurels.
I do think there's a distinction between arguing that there's an anti-Liverpool agenda amongst referees and arguing there's a desire by PGMOL to gloss over/cover up mistakes more generally. Fowler is arguing for the latter and if that's what you've meant throughout this thread, I probably agree. They're not a particularly professionally run group and they like to protect their image by finding ways to change general perceptions about their mistakes.

It's quite easy when football is so tribalistic to do this too. They find an explanation for a mistake that happened against Liverpool and all Arsenal, Utd, and both City fans will jump on board - as many Liverpool fans will if a weird explanation is made for a mistake against one of our rivals.

I think the corruption of the refereeing body allows the inherent bias of its mostly Mancunian members to affect our results, both by covering up their indiscretions and by petulantly assigning us the targets of our complaints with disproportionate frequency, but I don't think they sit there literally mapping out a plan to do us in. So for me it's bias, corruption, incompetence and unprofessionalism yes, bribery and conspiracy no...t exactly :D
What about that fat Australian bloke not Harold Bishop the other one

Big Kev?

Objectively, this is a good move by Alonso. He’s in absolutely no rush. If he is the second coming, a couple more years will prove that at Leverkusen. And he’ll more than likely still have the pick of us, Bayern or Real.
I agree with this. It's a very Xabi decision. Keeping calm, sticking to the plan. Management is a long career and there's no need to rush it. Making the Stevie comparison, he jumped out of a job he was building a lot of credit in for the first big club that came knocking and it ultimately proved too soon. If he'd stayed at Rangers, won another title, continued his good work in Europe then his name would be featuring much more prominently in this thread.

Another year at Leverkusen can't really harm him. Bayern will still be favourites for the league, they won't be expected to go that deep into the champions league, he pretty much gets a pass whatever happens and probably learns a lot in the process. Big clubs will still want him on the strength of this season. If he competes again and does well in the Champions League then his stock would be right up there with the highest in Europe. Win win for him, really.

The balls on him to turn down Liverpool and Bayern Munich, though. I had my reservations about him but he was the best candidate.

If it wasn't time for a name change in 2009, it might be now ;D
I’m no analytics whizz but sometimes I’ll have a nosey on the sites to see if I can find any numbers that might change my pre existing views on something. We all know De Zerbi has been bordering on elite at times with some of Brighton’s offensive stats for things like chances created, shots etc I’m not sure there needs to be much discussion around that.

I’m really curious about the idea that he can’t coach a defence, I’m guessing because they’ve had a few mad results where they’ve let a few in. I’m not sure that’s a stick to measure coaching a defence with like, I can remember Honigstein saying Jurgen was prone to the odd game where it would all go wrong when he was at Dortmund.

I was looking on understat at the xG table for this season and I looked at last season’s from when RDZ joined (October 1st was his first game, away at Anfield). Last season they were 9th for xGA, sandwiched between Spurs and Chelsea, in that time we were 12th, however we and Brighton had played 32 games, some sides had played 31 and some numbers were quite close, so not really amazing, but he was seen as an offensive coach compared to Potter. If you look a bit closer and filter to non-penalty xGA, they were actually fifth last season since he joined Brighton. That’s pretty decent.

This season Brighton are 4th for xGA behind Arsenal, City and ourselves. They’re actually closer to us than we are to Arsenal or City. Again, not bad. They’re also 4th for non-penalty xGA.

As I said, I’m no whizz and I understand xG and xGA aren’t to everyone’s tastes. But he’s managing a wage bill around 14th/15th in the league, they’ve sold their best players in the summer and he’s still been able to get solid underlying numbers. As always, I’m not advocating for him to get the job here, I do think he deserves a lot more respect than we’re showing him on here.
They’re just shit - this conspiracy bollocks implies that they(whoever they may be) have some form of intellectual prowess and are deviously clever - when the front end of this dastardly corruption network- is a gang of billy no mates, who were in the scouts till they were 20+, their parents voted Tory, aspired to drive a Volvo, who are ex prefects now come referees, who have basically been loners all their lives and crave attention and control, as they’ve been shit at most things all their lives.

I’ve had shits with more charisma and life than a premier league referee.

Stop being paranoid fools, you fools.
noun
noun: corruption; plural noun: corruptions
dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.

the action or effect of making someone or something morally depraved.

the process by which a word or expression is changed from its original state to one regarded as erroneous or debased.

Aside from the bribery, lying about and misrepresenting facts to avoid accountability meets these criteria, and is consistent with Fowler's accusation. Incompetence suggests lack of intent, this is stronger.

I do think there's a distinction between arguing that there's an anti-Liverpool agenda amongst referees and arguing there's a desire by PGMOL to gloss over/cover up mistakes more generally. Fowler is arguing for the latter and if that's what you've meant throughout this thread, I probably agree. They're not a particularly professionally run group and they like to protect their image by finding ways to change general perceptions about their mistakes.

It's quite easy when football is so tribalistic to do this too. They find an explanation for a mistake that happened against Liverpool and all Arsenal, Utd, and both City fans will jump on board - as many Liverpool fans will if a weird explanation is made for a mistake against one of our rivals.
You sound cross.

He can’t cope with the stigmata
You sound cross.
You nailed it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10