Author Topic: Now is the time for us, the fans, to stand up and be counted!  (Read 35972 times)

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
Re: Now is the time for us, the fans, to stand up and be counted!
« Reply #80 on: May 3, 2005, 03:11:10 pm »
Evo: Any chance you can nip in the dressing room before the match and give a similar stirring speech to the boys in there?   obviously i wanted to be there but those words make it even more painful that i wont be - crackin' speech that and i'd agree with the suggestion that it be printed out and handed out at the turnstyles.  ;)

come on redmen!!!
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Barrowboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sky Sports - It's shite
« Reply #81 on: May 3, 2005, 03:27:31 pm »
Fucking Hell Evo !!
 Only just read this and the goosebumps on me are standing to attention already. You are, of course, spot on. I really do hope that the teeny girls who sat behind me and my lad at the Juve game (and I do mean SAT) are not there tonight cos I'll be tempted to fucking strangle them.
                                                       If anyone doesn't wanna sing their heart out tonight then give your ticket to someone who will ffs. My eldest lad is only just knocking 13 but it makes me so proud to see him singing and shouting like an old-time Kopite. I hope we get more of the old chants tonight like PST and London Bridge is Falling Down, poor old Chelsea.

We're gonna do it, I can feel it in my arse...     
If Kenny Dalglish cannot influence the team to play with more pride in their shirts for the millions of fans they represent, then what chance does anyone else have?

Offline The_Fisherman

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 3, 2005, 03:29:39 pm »
how long before the 'please sit down' message tonight? 15 mins?

If at all, after about 15 minutes. Even that'll be tongue-in-cheek to please the Council.

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Modern football is shit
« Reply #83 on: May 3, 2005, 03:31:06 pm »
If at all, after about 15 minutes. Even that'll be tongue-in-cheek to please the Council.

Get George to do it in a really sarcy way instead of that whiny-voiced tart.

Offline The_Fisherman

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 3, 2005, 03:33:25 pm »
Get George to do it in a really sarcy way instead of that whiny-voiced tart.

Fuck that, I'll do it by text.

Where you tonight?

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: May 3, 2005, 03:44:26 pm »
Man i cant believe how nervous i am, im sitting in work shaking.

I've talked to the lord and asked him that he give the strength to the players to perform, i will now do the same for the crowd.

C"MON REDMEN!!!!!!
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 3, 2005, 04:44:17 pm »

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 3, 2005, 04:58:59 pm »
Right, the press (for once) have been bigging us up, "Chelsea won't know what's hit them." Cauldron of noise." Juventus froze - will Chelsea?" etc.  Let's be honest, we've been bigging ourselves up too saying exactly the same thing.
WELL NOW'S THE TIME TO FUCKIN PROVE IT BOYS!
Don't leave your voices in the alehouse! How many times do you walk past the Albert, Park, Sandon etc and hear it booming only for those same boomers to turn into whimperers once they've parked their arses in the seats in the ground? We want everybody singing tonight - young and old, male and female, Scouse, wools and OOT's -  Kop, Paddock, Main Stand, Lower Anny, Upper Anny, Lower Kemlyn, Upper Kemlyn (fuck your Centenary bollocks) every fuckin body!
COME ON!
Chelsea are a better team than us - fact - so we need every conceivable edge we can get. Let's be as horrible, nasty and bitter to them as we fuckin well can - within the bounds of the ground regulations of course. For instance, fuck this clapping the opposing goalkeeper mularkey. FUCK HIM! He might be the best goalie in the world but when Cech comes down to the Kop (hopefully for the start of the second half) we need him to be cacking his kecks standing in front of us. Let's make him feel as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit - it might just give us an edge.  Same goes for the referee. Scream, shout and contest EVERY decision - again it might just give us an edge.  For once let's fuck our reputation for sportsmanship. Should Chelsea go through then will be the time, if you so wish, to show sportsmanship, NOT DURING THE GAME!
WE, THE FANS, HAVE GOT TO DO EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER TO WIN THIS FOOTBALL MATCH. 
Now imagine what it will be like if we do go through and we, the fans, have played a large part in achieving that. Think what it will do for our reputation. Fans of other clubs throughout the contry, even the world, already jealous of our reputation and what we can do - WHEN WE WANT TO - will be in even more awe of us. It might even just be that because of it UEFA will feel fit, if we win the competition, to overturn their own ridiculous rule that holders will not automatically qualify for the following season's competition and give the Premier League five places should that need arise.

We have been up against it before in European second legs at Anfield in games such as Auxerre, PSG and Strasbourg but NEVER have I felt that the team need us as much as I do for tonight's game. That might sound a mad thing to say with the tie seemingly balanced on a knife-edge at 0-0 but believe me - fuck what Mourinho says about 99.9% of us - we know we've a fuckin tough job on our hands. Should we go a goal down let's not throw in the fuckin towel. KEEP SCREAMING! KEEP SHOUTING! KEEP SINGING!

I hope and firmly believe our players won't let us down - win or lose - let us (THE MOST FAMOUS FUCKIN CROWD IN THE WORLD) not let ourselves down. 
WE'VE TALKED THE TALK NOW LET'S FUCKIN WALK THE WALK!

COME ON!

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT PART OF THE GROUND YOU'RE IN TONIGHT - TONIGHT, IN THE SPIRUAL SENSE, EVERYBODY'S A KOPITE.  LET THE LADS FROM THE 60'S AND 70'S, INTER MILAN, ST ETTIENNE ETC BE PROUD OF YOU - BE PROUD OF US.

IF WE DO WIN THIS IT WILL BE THE GREATEST CROWD FEAT EVER AT ANFIELD. IT WILL EVEN OUTDO THE LIKES OF INTER, ST ETTIENNE, AUXERRE ETC.

WE ARE THE FAMOUS - THE FAMOUS KOPITES!

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evo? Do ya think it will help if i scream at Chelsea fan's in my local bar tonight? It's the only Liverpool Bar around.....I think it will help me, not sure about the Rafa's men, but im sure i'll still have the same fashion, passion and manner of doing it, as the boys in Anfield Fortress.

FUCK YOU CHELSEA c*nts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C'MON THE MIGHT REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 3, 2005, 05:03:10 pm by ♠DirtyHarry♠ »

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 3, 2005, 05:00:10 pm »
Let's just fucking do it eh boys? Do it for all the kopites who aren't with us today. Do it for Bill, for Bob, for Joe, for the 96. Do it for us and you'll be fucking heroes, all of you. We're Liverpool Football Club, the greatest team in the world. Look at that fucking Liverbird on your chest tonight and play your hearts out for a million kopites who have screamed and roared. This is our time.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #89 on: May 3, 2005, 05:01:56 pm »
N-n-n-n-nervous as hell. Can't imagine my condition come tonight.

Offline Litherland_Leon

• OOT Feedback Tourist #1
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 3, 2005, 05:45:18 pm »
15 minutes until i set off to the Sandon, for pre match drinks.

i've been buzzing with excitment all day, one of my customers at work was talking to me and all i could hear in my mind was "with a liverbird upon my chest.......", idon't even remember what she was talking about now,  i've never been so excited about a game.

we have got to beat this shower of gloryhunting, corporate, arrogant bastards for the good of the game and WE WILL!!!!  the fans have got to scare the shit out of these fuckers, if Lampard comes over to take a corner, i want the whole of that corner leaning forward and hurling abuse at him, when Cech comes up to our goal boo the bastard, everytime they get the bastards have the ball, boo, whistle, jeer etc these fuckers will crack tonight.

but most importantly never stop getting behind the players every single player that is playing tonight should have his name sang at least 3 times, and even more importantly my fellow reds, lets BELIEVE.

"NOW COME ON YOU FUCKING MIGHTY REDS MAKE US EVEN PROUDER AND GET RIGHT IN TO THESE HORRIBLE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"

and again

"FUCKING COOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Offline Prozac

• Surprisingly depressing
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #91 on: May 3, 2005, 05:50:45 pm »
Let's all suck the ball in na na na na na na na na na

The Kop is so loud we would have awoken Jesus in three seconds not three days

Offline Litherland_Leon

• OOT Feedback Tourist #1
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 3, 2005, 11:44:40 pm »
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

well done everyone that was their tonight . you were absolutely magnificent.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2005, 11:47:16 pm by Litherland_Leon »

Offline RI-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • What the fuck is Goony Goo Goo?
« Reply #93 on: May 3, 2005, 11:46:07 pm »
Let's all suck the ball in na na na na na na na na na

How true is that considering it was posted 2 hours before the goal went in!!
That ginger haired twat looks like a proper manc c*nt!

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 3, 2005, 11:46:30 pm »
Was rocking all over the World, superb...
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline The_Fisherman

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 3, 2005, 11:51:14 pm »
Thought it was shite.

Offline notyouraverage

• Kopite
  • and the winner is..........me
« Reply #96 on: May 4, 2005, 12:58:02 am »
okay then?

Offline Peter_Evo

• King of the Vegetables (though not salads).
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the Sun. Sullies the memories of the 96
« Reply #97 on: May 4, 2005, 09:54:42 am »
Fuckin 'ell! Did you lot just take notice of my rallying call or what? I've got to admit I'm writing this with a little bit of water seeping out of my eyes. THAT WAS FUCKIN' INCREDIBLE! I'm the owldest of owld arses, I've seen everything at Anfield in the past 41 years but NEVER, NEVER, anything like that. It puts EVERYTHING - Inter, St. Ettienne, Auxerre, Olympiakos, Everton 1970 - the lot into the shade. Well done every single last one of you, male and female, young and old, Scouse and wool. I said we needed every edge we could get last night and the crowd gave it to us. No matter where you were in the ground last night please remember this night as the greatest CROWD night in the history of Liverpool FC. You should all feel very proud of yourselves. You truly have all earned yourselves a place in the great and glorious history of Liverpool Football Club.

Evo.
96 Liverpool fans lost their lives at Hillsborough. Thousands more were deeply affected. The Sun said Liverpool fans robbed their own dead and urinated on policemen and other fans doing their best to save them. The Sun said Liverpool fans were to blame for causing the crush by turning up ticketless and drunk. The Sun told lies. DON'T BUY THE SUN!

Offline FinnishRed

• Frog in a liquidiser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities...
« Reply #98 on: May 4, 2005, 09:56:23 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well done lads!!!!

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 4, 2005, 10:01:13 am »
Must admit I was proud at the end of the game that I played a part, however tiny, in our win. Just wish my brother had remembered to tape it for me, I want to see what it sounded like on telly!

Offline -Adam-

• I'm a noob - I know no better!
  • Kopite
  • GONE FISHING
« Reply #100 on: May 4, 2005, 10:13:21 am »
I stayed up and watched it at half two... it sounded loud!

Been to a few noisy European games but that was special. The ground was full so early. The unity between the fans was great. If a player made a mistake he was encouraged not slated... the fans did their bit, and the players certainly did theirs!
GONE FISHING

Offline Cookie-7-

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high, there will be a golden sky
« Reply #101 on: May 4, 2005, 10:32:08 am »
Fuckin 'ell! Did you lot just take notice of my rallying call or what? I've got to admit I'm writing this with a little bit of water seeping out of my eyes. THAT WAS FUCKIN' INCREDIBLE! I'm the owldest of owld arses, I've seen everything at Anfield in the past 41 years but NEVER, NEVER, anything like that. It puts EVERYTHING - Inter, St. Ettienne, Auxerre, Olympiakos, Everton 1970 - the lot into the shade. Well done every single last one of you, male and female, young and old, Scouse and wool. I said we needed every edge we could get last night and the crowd gave it to us. No matter where you were in the ground last night please remember this night as the greatest CROWD night in the history of Liverpool FC. You should all feel very proud of yourselves. You truly have all earned yourselves a place in the great and glorious history of Liverpool Football Club.

Evo.

Just like you said, it was the younger generation's chance to add to the Anfield legend, and we did it in style.  Given the way the game went, how we had to defend like lions, and given how we sucked the ball into for the goal, and blew out Gudjonsen's shot ;D we can all be rightly proud.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #102 on: May 4, 2005, 02:37:51 pm »
l'm the owldest of owld arses, I've seen everything at Anfield in the past 41 years

Don't let's confuse the children.

1.  No you aint.

2.  I've seen everything at Anfield (and elsewhere) for the past 55 years.

Newbie gloryhunter.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

hoonin

« Reply #103 on: May 4, 2005, 02:42:39 pm »
;D

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #104 on: May 4, 2005, 03:03:47 pm »
 :wellin :wellin :thumbup

To each and EVERY fan there last night you where simply AMZING.. could hear it loud and clear 12000 miles away and had the goosebumps/hair on the back  of the neck for just about the whole 98 mins...
JFT 96

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #105 on: May 4, 2005, 03:10:14 pm »
could hear it loud and clear 12000 miles away and had the goosebumps/hair on the back  of the neck for just about the whole 98 mins...

good hearing or did you have the telly on? ;)
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Ian Mc

• Main Stander
  • CHAMPIONS
« Reply #106 on: May 4, 2005, 03:41:25 pm »
Evo good to see yer yesterday mate in rigbys :) hope u stayed off the blob sir ;)

What a fuckin night .... made up ... still cant fuckin believe it .... EUROPEAN FUCKING CUP FUCKIN FINAL

CMON
Up the reds

Offline Peter_Evo

• King of the Vegetables (though not salads).
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the Sun. Sullies the memories of the 96
« Reply #107 on: May 5, 2005, 07:06:19 pm »
Evo good to see yer yesterday mate in rigbys :) hope u stayed off the blob sir ;)

What a fuckin night .... made up ... still cant fuckin believe it .... EUROPEAN FUCKING CUP FUCKIN FINAL

CMON

Blob? Chance would have been a fine fuckin thing Ian! Didn't even sell Aussie Whites! What's the world, Liverpool in particular, coming to when yer can't get an Aussie down yer neck? Had to make do with half a dozen JD's. :D
96 Liverpool fans lost their lives at Hillsborough. Thousands more were deeply affected. The Sun said Liverpool fans robbed their own dead and urinated on policemen and other fans doing their best to save them. The Sun said Liverpool fans were to blame for causing the crush by turning up ticketless and drunk. The Sun told lies. DON'T BUY THE SUN!

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2005, 10:00:52 pm »
I think we're going to need some of this again on Wednesday   ;)
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2005, 10:04:10 pm »

What goes around comes around... ;D

87:13

Offline Kop4

• Legacy Fan
  • Can't get his avatar's boobs to jiggle.
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2005, 10:19:01 pm »
Nah, I think the atmosphere will be a bit subdued except for the first 10 mins to be honest.  We don't need to get overexcited about this game.  It barely merits a mention in our history, this one. ;)

We could remind Jose that ol' Big Ears is shining bright in the trophy room though...
A travesty of a sham of a mockery.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2005, 10:29:46 pm »
Got goosebumps reading Evo's rallying cry there again.

Really hope it's going to be an air cracking atmosphere inside Anfield again.  I'll be there doing my bit.

Come on you mighty red men!!!!
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2005, 11:39:08 pm »
Got goosebumps reading Evo's rallying cry there again.

Really hope it's going to be an air cracking atmosphere inside Anfield again.  I'll be there doing my bit.

Come on you mighty red men!!!!

Same also. Maybe not as good as the first one, but ill be screaming my face off.

As far as everyone else is concerned we are doing the 'impossible' again so Ill be screaming my face offfff

COME ON RED MEN
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2005, 09:44:08 am »
On my way to work this morning, i suddenly remember a cracking post by Peter Evo about the home tie of the CL semi-final against Chelsea last season.

I'm sure that all the folks who come on here felt that this post certainly roused them. With a little over 24 hours to the big game, i thought it would be good to bring forward this post again.

Chelsea will be looking for serious revenge from last season and i don't need to remind us all that the 12th man once again can play there part against the cockney blueshite.

Have another read of Peter's cracking post and lets show this southern shower of shite how to support a team in the CL.

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2005, 10:03:41 am »
That was a great call by Evo.

I think the team would need to start at high tempo to get the crowd going for this one. We need to hit them hard in the first half. They will have psyched themselves about the crowd, though they have enough experienced players to not let it bother them like it did the last time around. It's very hard to recreate that magnificent cauldron of noise again, but Rafa needs every one of us to play the 12th man.

COME ON YOU REDS!
Doubters to Believers

Offline mr_mad_master

• Posts Utter Shite
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mwa
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2005, 10:32:49 am »
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROOOOOPE!!!!!!

lets remind the rent boys of that for 180 minutes
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 77 78 81 84 05

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2005, 11:15:28 am »
For all of you going to the game, I'll be with you in spirit.  I'll be shouting my lungs out from home in London. Last time I was in tears watching those amazing scenes at Anfield. You guys are just awesome.

Sing your hearts out, remind Jose who the champs of Europe are and make last times experience look like a sunday picnic for John Terry.

Knock the roof off Anfield and send shivers down Chelsea's wretched soul!

COME ON LETS FUCK 'EM!!!

:scarf :champ
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2005, 11:22:17 am »
"Chelsea, do your worst, and we shall do our best".
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Delmar

• RAWK ist nicht under Ziel - die TLW unser Weg
  • Anny Roader
  • A lifelong Red....
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2005, 11:25:21 am »
Gutted that I had to pass on my ticket due to work commitments, but I'll be watching from a bar in Switzerland and cheering the boys on.....ccoommmeeee ooonnn!!
Justice for the 96. YNWA

Offline andrewt67

• Kopite
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2005, 11:40:16 am »
LET'S TWAT THESE FAACKING CAAANTS !

I HOPE CARRA PUTS THAT FAT TWAT LAMP-POST ON HIS FUCKING FAT ARSE !

JUST GET STUCK INTO JOE COLE - I FUCKING HATE THAT LITTLE COCKNEY TWAT