Author Topic: Arsenal 1- Liverpool 1 - After game discussion  (Read 40250 times)

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
Re: Arsenal 1- Liverpool 1 - After game discussion
« Reply #440 on: April 5, 2008, 05:55:57 pm »
He just said the same thing on 5Live. He reckoned his team bossed the game and deserved to win.

Should have gone to Specsavers...

He also said he expects 'not to get penalties' even though they fucking got one last week!!!
It's the typical rant of Wenger. We played better than they did first half, they played better than us second. 1-1 was a fair result. But to Wenger, bossing one half means they deserved to win the game....

Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #441 on: April 5, 2008, 05:57:58 pm »
Just hope Tuesdays ref doesn't listen to this whine and give them a pen.
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline hiphopdj

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: April 5, 2008, 05:58:40 pm »
we should have won this. Please with Plessis did very well for a 20 year old making his debut.

Vornin is a waste on money even on a free
For those of you watching in blue and white this is what a european cup looks like.

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: April 5, 2008, 06:00:47 pm »
Rafa got it wrong with his subs today, if Torres had off came on instead of Voronin would may well have got all the points, Overall pleased with the performance thought the new lad was pretty good looked sharp and made some decent tackles an passes.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #444 on: April 5, 2008, 06:01:33 pm »
Like others before, I would have been made up with a draw this morning; now think we should have won.
Very confident performance, Plessis excellent on debut.  Only problem is the few that stuck out like sore thumbs as simply not being good enough:

Riise - Don't think the lad's shite, he just needs a new challenge and a less demanding one at that.  We've moved up a few notches since his arrival and I don't think he's up to it.

Pennant - Attitude stank today, tactical awareness very poor and when he was made to look a twat by someone (I forget who), was lucky that he missed with his scythe-like challenge.  Rafa took him off shortly after.

Yossi - Good player for West Ham and decent for us against lesser opposition; but just doesn't cut it with the big boys.  Time and time again goes on dead end runs with the ball, when he could pass it off to an open man and build a proper team move. People could argue Little Luis did the same; but then he did it a whole lot better.

Voronin - Did better than Yossi in the support role, but still couldn't finish.  I actually thought he was better today than he had been immediately before his injury.  Still not good enough though.

Arbeloa and Finnan played well today and I would prefer one of them at Right Back over Carra being shoved there.  They keep Arsenal's flanks wary of a counter attack and make them play considerably deeper.  Whereas with Jamie the likes of Clichy know he's going nowhere with the ball, or is just going to pump it up....and so they keep quite a high position on the pitch.  In my opinion, Rafa should put Carra back in the middle and then choose between Sami or Skrtel to partner.

Crouchy fought hard for every ball.  I do feel a little sorry for the big man, but he's not in the same league as Torres and this town ain't big enough for the both of 'em....

Agree, apart from your appraisal of Yossi. I thought he kept the ball well at times and was instrumental in the goal. I like him, I think he's a safe pair of hands without being overly spectacular.

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #445 on: April 5, 2008, 06:02:13 pm »
I actually thought Riise did ok today. Arsenal are a good team and he was doing a great job closing players down, making some good passes and good link up with Crouch. There were two players for me who stuck out like a sore thumb as just not good enough, Pennant and Voronin. Pennant blew his last chance today imo, Rafa dragging him off on 55 minutes after his fault for the goal said it all. A horrible lazy performance from a player who knows his time is up at the club, Voronin on the other hand tries and tries but the talent isn't there. If that chance fell to any other player on the pitch I'd fancy them to at least hit the target. His touch is just horrible, can't seem to bring the ball under any kind of close control. All three of his efforts were ruined by a bad touch then a bad shot. The 3rd one he rounded the keeper and then with the chance to cut the ball back he failed to even connect with the ball! shocking.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #446 on: April 5, 2008, 06:02:20 pm »
He just said the same thing on 5Live. He reckoned his team bossed the game and deserved to win.

Should have gone to Specsavers...

Even the Arsenal fans agree we should have won it with late chances.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/goonersweb/index.php?showtopic=30555&st=375

Offline Liverpool Serbia

• Anny Roader
  • mentally erect
« Reply #447 on: April 5, 2008, 06:04:15 pm »
I'm glad that we frustrated them. we maybe even deserved to win, but it's alright. plessis looks okay.

on the other hand, I hate the fact we pretty much handed man utd the title.
What, no signature? No funny line? No catchy song lyric? Fuck you.

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #448 on: April 5, 2008, 06:07:02 pm »
...also, anyone else noticed that in his post match interview, Crouchy looks like he's on speed?

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: April 5, 2008, 06:07:34 pm »

he did the hard part to stay onside and make the run at the right moment got out infront of the goalie and made an error in actually getting a shot off first time - he did better than yossi in that role atleast he didnt get caught with the ball every 5 mins. i seriously dont believe he is a waste of money he has more in him than kuyt and doesnt get a look in. but he needs to be in the hole and not out wide on the right.

for me plessis had a great first game and deserves a chance later on in the season to come out against arsenal in your debut and look good isnt bad at all. i hope insua gets his chance soon aswell
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: April 5, 2008, 06:07:46 pm »
I'm glad that we frustrated them. we maybe even deserved to win, but it's alright. plessis looks okay.

on the other hand, I hate the fact we pretty much handed man utd the title.

No Arsenal bottled it against Boro. In fact, I can't think of what more Rafa could have done today to give Arsenal a more then fair chance at the win. 8 changes, a reserve player making his debut, Riise (it was one of his scheduled bad games since since he did well against Everton), Voronin :)! How much more did Wenger and co need? Let's not forget Chelsea has still got an outside chance.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #451 on: April 5, 2008, 06:08:41 pm »
...also, anyone else noticed that in his post match interview, Crouchy looks like he's on speed?

Its not reached his legs yet though..
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: April 5, 2008, 06:09:43 pm »
It was a good performance. We really should have won the game with Voronin's late chances, but perhaps it was just a lack of match fitness that let him down so I wouldn't blame him too much. I'm surprised that Wenger played such a weak team today. He seemed to partially be prioritising Tuesday and their players will still be realtively fresh on Tuesday. It's a shame we didn't win as I would love to have seen us catch Arsenal, but it's probably too late now. Bring on Tuesday!

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: April 5, 2008, 06:10:22 pm »

i couldnt see it had to dash right after the game

does anyone know anywhere that i can watch them online?
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Simon-1973

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: April 5, 2008, 06:13:32 pm »
Decent point for us in the battle for 4th place so happy enough. The lad Plessis was outstanding on his debut and gets my vote for MOM. Crouch took his goal well also.

Roll on Tuesday.. YNWA  :scarf
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: April 5, 2008, 06:13:40 pm »
Carra motm for me.
I would have been made up with that result before the game but we'll never get a better chance to beat Arsenal, they were so poor.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #456 on: April 5, 2008, 06:19:27 pm »
It was a good performance. We really should have won the game with Voronin's late chances, but perhaps it was just a lack of match fitness that let him down so I wouldn't blame him too much. I'm surprised that Wenger played such a weak team today. He seemed to partially be prioritising Tuesday and their players will still be realtively fresh on Tuesday. It's a shame we didn't win as I would love to have seen us catch Arsenal, but it's probably too late now. Bring on Tuesday!

Wenger didn't play a weak team!

For a start, and most importantly their first choice central midfield pairing - Fabregas and Flamini - started and played the whole game. They probably had more than half of their starting eleven for Tuesday out there. None of our midfield from today will play on Tuesday and neither will the strikers except maybe a s subs. Our probable team for Tuesday:

Pepe - played
Auerlio - rested not even on the bench
Hyypia - rested not even on the bench
Skrtel - played
Carra - played at centre back
Alonso - rested not even on the bench
Mascherano - banned not even on the bench
Babel - rested not even on the bench
Gerrard - played as sub in the second half
Kuyt - rested not even on the bench
Torres - played as a sub late on.

Arsenal were tiring towards the end on Wednesday - I can see them struggling in the second half
at Anfield.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: April 5, 2008, 06:19:50 pm »
Rafa got it wrong with his subs today, if Torres had off came on instead of Voronin would may well have got all the points, Overall pleased with the performance thought the new lad was pretty good looked sharp and made some decent tackles an passes.

I thought he got his subs wrong aswell but not the reasons you give (Torres came on 5mins after onininin) i wouldn't have risked either Stevie or Fernando,and i bet you'd be on here slagging Rafa off if either of them had picked up an injury..

Some people are just never happy
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #458 on: April 5, 2008, 06:21:24 pm »

For a start, and most importantly their first choice central midfield pairing - Fabregas and Flamini - started and played the whole game. They probably had more than half of their starting eleven for Tuesday out there. None of our midfield from today will play on Tuesday and neither will the strikers except maybe a s subs. Our probable team for Tuesday:

Pepe - played
Auerlio - rested not even on the bench
Hyypia - rested not even on the bench
Skrtel - played
Carra - played at centre back
Alonso - rested not even on the bench
Mascherano - banned not even on the bench
Babel - rested not even on the bench
Gerrard - played as sub in the second half
Kuyt - rested not even on the bench
Torres - played as a sub late on.

Arsenal were tiring towards the end on Wednesday - I can see them struggling in the second half
at Anfield.

I agree. Excellent point about Fabregas and Flamini, they'll be knackerd, central midfielders always do the most running.
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #459 on: April 5, 2008, 06:26:15 pm »
HOOOOOOF!!!!

Always drove me crazy. Do they not remember George Graham, Don Howe et al?

80% of Arsenal fans had probably never heard of Arsenal back in those days, so no. A club I've always hated, would love to put them out on tuesday and I believe we will. They looked shit today, with a full team out I think we could embarrass them.

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #460 on: April 5, 2008, 07:05:10 pm »
:lmao
ynwa

Offline redpride9

• Legacy Fan
  • Sonic Booom !!
« Reply #461 on: April 5, 2008, 07:42:00 pm »
Bit gutted we did'nt win to be honest, but great performance from the lads...

We look seriously shaky from set pieces.. which needs resolving, I get worried every time theres a corner to defend. So pleased Plessis done well, he's been awesome for the reserves this season,..,

bright future ahead of him me thinks....
We won it 5 times........

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #462 on: April 5, 2008, 07:42:42 pm »
We had the first half. They had the second half. But we made by far the most game winning opportunities.
Plessis - fuckin ell, I wish he'd have done something wrong just give it a bit of perspective.
Voronin - fuckin ell, can we have our nothing back.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #463 on: April 5, 2008, 07:47:03 pm »
Voronin - fuckin ell, can we have our nothing back.

:lmao
anyone know what actually happened to ribery's face?
Just a routine tackle by Skrtel

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: April 5, 2008, 07:48:34 pm »
He kept the central players, but rotated the strikers and wide players. We rested more players, but Arsene still definitely were partially prioritising the CL game. Had he wanted the league that desperately they would have kept pretty much the same team. However, their central midfielders will probably tire before ours on Tuesday and that may swing the game in our favour.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: April 5, 2008, 07:50:21 pm »
Enjoyed that today. We passed the ball well, looked positive and fresher than them and we won't be as tired as them or as demoralised come Tuesday. Crouch deserves a lot of credit, I thought Yossi was good and Plessis - what a debut. We bossed the first half, they bossed the second, so 1-1 was a fair result even thought my mum could have finished Voronin's chance at the end.

Only negatives were our poor defending of another set piece and Pennant and Voronin who merely confirmed that they should leave this summer. JAR was average too.

Overall though, made up.

Offline Duffyk07

• Kemlynite
« Reply #466 on: April 5, 2008, 08:33:55 pm »
i expexted to get thumpedtoday withthem still going forthe leaguebutthey were very poor , we played very well and shouldhavewon if hehad kept crouch and torres on i would have fancied us to win which we should have anyway, i thoughtyossi played well feel we need to use himbetter, arse looked knackered at the end, roll on tuesday

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #467 on: April 5, 2008, 08:43:02 pm »
i expexted to get thumpedtoday withthem still going forthe leaguebutthey were very poor , we played very well and shouldhavewon if hehad kept crouch and torres on i would have fancied us to win which we should have anyway, i thoughtyossi played well feel we need to use himbetter, arse looked knackered at the end, roll on tuesday

See that big long key at the bottom of your keyboard?

USEIT!
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: April 5, 2008, 08:51:17 pm »
Rush scored 1, rush scored 2, rush scored 3...........

anyone by the fella who kept singing it in the first half??? Around block 22
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline TheJudge

• Boys Pen
« Reply #469 on: April 5, 2008, 09:16:17 pm »
Considering he was on debut, I thought Plessis was outstanding.  Far better than some of the team with big reputations. 

Voronin has to go.  He was absolutely shit.  I know he's been injured and came on as sub, but he couldn't have done any worse if he'd come on in a wheelchair.  Get rid now

Offline gillp

• Main Stander
« Reply #470 on: April 5, 2008, 09:44:07 pm »

I think Wenger was over-confident and gambled on Rafa making big changes and took the view that he could make fewer changes and still win - based on the cup results last season.

Offline SPLee

• Kopite
  • last seen in 3ft(13ft) fountain in istanbul
« Reply #471 on: April 5, 2008, 09:50:21 pm »
Have just got back! Drove down at 6 this morning with my lad, met a work colleague and his lad and sat in our companies £3K per season coroporate seats in the tier above our bouncing mob  :) Great ground first time ive been but what a shite atmosphere Arsenal really will understand the word atmosphere by this time in 72 hours ;D

Went fuckin mad when we scored me and my lad, and then very very nearly got thrown out....just for celebrating   :no one of the stewardesses came leggin it down the stairs at us "if it happens again we'll have you thrown out" to which I replied "if we go 2-0 up, we'll celebrate then leave with great pleasure" ;D

MOTM : Plessis, Outstanding debut, imo controlled the midfield made only a few tiny mistakes picked the right pass every time and won most of his tackles couldnt ask for any more saw him the other week against the manc reserves and was impressed even more so after today.

Was delighted to have got the draw and remain unbeaten in the 2 games going into Tuesday, considering how bad we have been against them in recent times i would say we are now showing our strength and ability to compete at that level even when making 8 changes they now look tired and ready for a good hiding on Tuesday, I think they know whats coming  ;)
@sevvyparklee

Offline bellyred

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #472 on: April 5, 2008, 09:52:37 pm »
Well Plessis had an awesome debut played brilliantly Voronin played ok but his finishing was very poor should have at least scored one and risse how did he miss that shot on goal, overall we should have had 3 points today but it was a good result and also we managed it by resting 7 players ready for Tuesday night, They had most of there first team playing and to be honest they looked fucked at full time.
We have Alonso, Masch, Babel, Gerrard, Torres, Hyypia, Kuyt & Aurelio all fresh for Tuesday so very well done to the lads who stepped in.

Three 1-1 draws this season so hopefully at Anfield we will put them to the sword and knock em out of the Champions League, I am going for a 2-1 win for us 3-2 on agg ... can't wait.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #473 on: April 5, 2008, 09:57:41 pm »
very good result and probably should have nicked it.

Plessis looked as good as he does in the reserves. The way he is always looking to move the ball forward rather than back or sideways is something we have been lacking recently. Really looks a great talent.

Crouch did well. Voronin is not good enough however regardless of how long he has been out. rafa should seriously look at nemeth as 4th choice because i dont believe he could do any worse
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: April 5, 2008, 10:01:46 pm »
Anyone else think Fabregas looked absolutely knackered in the second half?  Then wasn't doing a lot of running or even seemed like he was trying too hard.

Think Masher won't give him a sniff on Tuesday.

Offline Liiya

• Kopite
« Reply #475 on: April 5, 2008, 10:11:03 pm »
I hope Rafa will play more reserve lads later, like Plessis. I expected Insua or Nemeth to play in the 1st team sooner than him, but he was boss for the reserve.
Couldn't watch the game, but apparentely we played pretty well huh?

The only player i'm worrying about is Voronin. How was he?

Offline mctavish

• Kopite
  • get that bus out
« Reply #476 on: April 5, 2008, 10:25:14 pm »
just watched the highlights again and Pennant should be sacked for giving that free kick away, which led to the goal. He is a prize prick, as you would expect from anybody who is best mates with Ashley Cole. Fuck him off Rafa,.
Also going on about the penalty Arsenal didn't get. What I can't understand is how if you touch somebody's arm their legs give way.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2008, 10:27:35 pm by mctavish »

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: April 5, 2008, 10:26:10 pm »
Fucking hell, that was never a fucking pen.....what a load of bollocks.  Fabregas was looking for the ref whilst in mid-air.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #478 on: April 5, 2008, 10:34:26 pm »
Fucking hell, that was never a fucking pen.....what a load of bollocks.  Fabregas was looking for the ref whilst in mid-air.

Maybe, but fouls like that are often given and we can't afford to keep pushing our luck forever so I would like our players to stop fucking pulling opponents over in the penalty box please.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2008, 10:36:57 pm by xavidub »
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: April 5, 2008, 10:37:14 pm »
Just watched MOTD. Didn't realise Liverpool weren't playing today. My mistake.
SoS Membership Number: 387