Author Topic: 'Ghostbusters' (Assume Spoilers)  (Read 44343 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ghostbusters.
« Reply #160 on: March 3, 2016, 05:32:40 pm »
I think the "Honest Trailer" said that Winston was originally supposed to be played by Eddie Murphy but he turned it down.  Maybe his character was originally supposed to be a scientist?

Not that it matters.  I can't even be bothered watching that trailer.  Just the image looks awful.  Are the makers counting on loads of kids throwing tantrums and demanding their parents take them to see it?  I can't image an average sensible person wanting to see this other than the way you might choose to watch "The Room".

I stand by my assertion that this will make Terminator Genisys look like a cinematic masterpiece.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2016, 05:37:38 pm by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: March 3, 2016, 08:14:01 pm »
That dislike bar :lmao :lmao

Looks like trash, i'm glad there's starting to be a backlash to lazy reboots/20 years later sequels
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: March 3, 2016, 08:29:19 pm »
Whilst there's a not a fucking chance I would spend a single pence on this turd, there is a part of me that wants to see it. A sort of morbid curiosity, just to see how big a piece of crap it really is.....so when someone says, "I went to the pics to see that and it was brilliant" or "it's not as bad as some people say it is" I can give them the shit they deserve and not have the "but you've not seen it" line thrown back in my face!

Then we should hunt the all the fuckers down who made it and squeeze them all into a single portaloo (I've just dumped in), lock the door and see how they feel about having to deal with other peoples excrement!

Ha that trailer was terrible. I was waiting for your comments once the trailer was out. Even with Paul Feig directing, and Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig that was a lot worse than expected, not even including the angry black woman stereotype.

Although like you, I want to see it now too, just to see how bloody awful it's likely to be.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #163 on: March 3, 2016, 08:48:41 pm »
Ha that trailer was terrible. I was waiting for your comments once the trailer was out. Even with Paul Feig directing, and Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig that was a lot worse than expected, not even including the angry black woman stereotype.

Although like you, I want to see it now too, just to see how bloody awful it's likely to be.
Maybe we could do an "Inglorious Bastards" on their Hollywood Premier....not in person though you understand, I'm not dying for this shit! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #164 on: March 3, 2016, 09:28:35 pm »
Abominable.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #165 on: March 3, 2016, 09:44:18 pm »
At no point in that trailer did I laugh...nor smirk or smile.
It looks dumb, like just stupidly dumb.
What is the point?

??? ::)
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #166 on: March 4, 2016, 01:03:33 am »
That looks crap. Even the opening captions were wrong. "Four Scientists" - Ernie Hudson was not a scientist. Did they even watch the first film. Even the music was a disappointment - hinting at the full Ray Parker Jr without delivering.

:lmao
Continually on 11,420.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: March 4, 2016, 10:32:01 am »
That trailer was absolutely horrible.
It was like a SNL sketch.

Jaysus, they are gonna kill it it aren't they?

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #168 on: March 4, 2016, 10:40:40 am »
That trailer was absolutely horrible.
It was like a SNL sketch.

Jaysus, they are gonna kill it it aren't they?

SNL hasn't been good for years (Excluding the occasional episode) ....Seems most "comedy" reboots etc seem to feature the modern SNL cast(s) We might have found the problem!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 4, 2016, 10:44:44 am »
Awful trailer.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #170 on: March 4, 2016, 10:57:19 am »
Dreadful.

Plus when Uwe Boll slags your movie off, you're in trouble.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #171 on: March 4, 2016, 11:40:05 am »
I can just see the bastards trying to reboot 'Animal House' with the same sort of cast.

I hope it cripples the careers of anyone who is a part of it. Can't believe fucking Thor agreed to be in it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #172 on: March 4, 2016, 12:09:04 pm »
I hate the usual arguments on Twitter you only hate the trailer if you are sexist.

Personally I have no problem with a all female cast, but that would have been just as bad and unfunny with a all male cast.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #173 on: March 4, 2016, 12:22:19 pm »
Fuck this movie, it's ruined my day.

I feel I need to explain to avoid being labelled a knee jerker...

Watched the trailer twice this morning just to make sure it was as unfunny as I initially thought. Then ranted at my missus about how much i hate wiig and mccarthy. Her response was "watch bridesmaids, that's really funny. Then you can judge them."

Fast forward two hours, felt like ten, and I'm struggling to think of a "comedy" with a grand total of zero laughs. I mean I've seen some bad ones but I am struggling to comprehend how anyone could find it funny.

The ghostbusters reboot now officially does not exist to me. If bridesmaids was "the best" Paul Feig and his gang of unfunny tossers could come up with then ghostbusters will be physically painful to watch.

Didn't mind the updated music in the trailer tho, although I am in the minority and my brain is partially damaged having just witnessed the worst film I have ever seen.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #174 on: March 4, 2016, 12:45:22 pm »

Her response was "watch bridesmaids, that's really funny. Then you can judge them."

Mccarthy was good in Spy as well.

But you have to have the right script for her she near enough the same person in all films.   

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: March 4, 2016, 12:52:46 pm »

But you have to have the right script for her she near enough the same person in all films.

I watched spy when it came out and while it wasn't a terrible film I couldn't understand the hype it generated. Statham had the funniest moments for me. Mccarthy just played the "bumbling fat person" role she seems to enjoy so much. I don't even think she's the best at playing that, rebel Wilson is funnier (although I don't like her either!).

It might just be that I don't "get" her but I find her painfully unfunny.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #176 on: March 4, 2016, 12:53:02 pm »

Yup, similiar story to a lot of actors out there. Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell etc.

These looks absolute garbage, and not just because it's a group of 4 women either.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #177 on: March 4, 2016, 12:59:57 pm »
Judd Apatow is NOT involved, contrary to what someone said on the other page. That changes things.  ::)
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #178 on: March 4, 2016, 02:22:57 pm »
Same stupid arguments around about misogyny.

If Paul Feig wanted to write another movie with female leads, based around a good sci-fi comedy concept, I'd support that.

Instead he's just cashing in chips on an old franchise, with a randomly assembled cast, shoe-horned in from recent films.

It is the most cynical, most stupid, most random, voodoo re-birthing of a once loved franchise Hollywood has ever done.

It doesn't even make sense from a feminist perspective, would you not want role models for women to come from their own, original characters, and not off the back of male characters from 20 years ago?

Absolute shite, and the websites doing fawning coverage of it, shows the bottom of the barrel has been reached on film coverage. The film is a waste of bandwidth and breath.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #179 on: March 5, 2016, 05:07:13 am »
Wait, so it's a reboot yet the trailer is alluding to it being a sequel? Talk about misleading.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 5, 2016, 05:04:27 pm »
Judd Apatow is NOT involved, contrary to what someone said on the other page. That changes things.  ::)

He created Kristin Wigg and her crap brand of comedy, which led to Bridesmaid and the rest of that shite.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #181 on: March 5, 2016, 05:14:07 pm »
I bet they wish they went for something like this fan made trailer at least they wouldn't have got the backlash.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8IDXpOX0Cp0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8IDXpOX0Cp0</a>
« Last Edit: March 5, 2016, 05:16:00 pm by Trada »

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 5, 2016, 06:14:01 pm »
It would be quite a risk to put out a good trailer that skipped the more cringey shit from the official one and then people go and see all that stuff in the actual movie, by the time it comes out there will be less backlash over the official trailer, but a good trailer that misleads about the actual movie could cause worse word of mouth in the long run.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #183 on: March 5, 2016, 06:28:29 pm »
It's shit, it'll be shit, they know it'll be shit, they know it's shit, they knew it would be shit. They don't care, they just want the inevitable money it'll still bring in when people say 'Well it can't be that bad and it IS still Ghostbusters'

You have no soul if you watch it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #184 on: March 5, 2016, 07:41:58 pm »

I loved the trailer! Can't wait to watch it. I think it will be better than the original.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #185 on: March 5, 2016, 07:46:26 pm »
Still won't be as bad as Batman vs. Superman
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #186 on: March 5, 2016, 09:40:14 pm »
I would love to know how the film makers actually came to the decision of doing this with an all-female cast?

Surely the Hollywood bigwigs would know that for a reboot of a classic and much loved film franchise, they were always gonna get a ton of heat for doing that.

It would be no different if the cast were a bunch of snotty teenagers - fans of the originals would get pissed that their childhoods were being shit-on. The only way this was gonna work was if they cast male leads e.g. Ben Stiller or Paul Rudd - or if it was a straight up sequel with the original cast and they played the nostalgia card.

The all women idea was a massive massive risk that they seemed to have fucked up on big time, at least get a kick ass babe like Scarlet Johansson rather than a big fat 40 year old making slime jokes - but not only that, the suits look like shite, the remixed music sounds like a Justin Bieber release and the jokes look like being gross out gags and slapstick.

Just.. no.
FAME makes a man take things over

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: March 5, 2016, 10:20:08 pm »
I would love to know how the film makers actually came to the decision of doing this with an all-female cast?

Surely the Hollywood bigwigs would know that for a reboot of a classic and much loved film franchise, they were always gonna get a ton of heat for doing that.

They were probably hoping that the heat would translate into hype and underestimated the level of affection that people still have for the original.

It would be no different if the cast were a bunch of snotty teenagers - fans of the originals would get pissed that their childhoods were being shit-on. The only way this was gonna work was if they cast male leads e.g. Ben Stiller or Paul Rudd - or if it was a straight up sequel with the original cast and they played the nostalgia card.

The all women idea was a massive massive risk that they seemed to have fucked up on big time, at least get a kick ass babe like Scarlet Johansson rather than a big fat 40 year old making slime jokes - but not only that, the suits look like shite, the remixed music sounds like a Justin Bieber release and the jokes look like being gross out gags and slapstick.

I think you are mistaken about it being better received if they had gone with male leads in a reboot, people were always going to be dubious of anything that wasn't a passing of the torch kind of sequel and if they had gone down that route then the gender of the main roles would not have mattered.

Not choosing more of an action star is actually one of the things they have done right, just look at the originals who were mostly known for comedy work.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 6, 2016, 02:48:37 am »
I loved the trailer! Can't wait to watch it. I think it will be better than the original.

Which part of the trailer you loved it then?

Offline Golden_Child

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 6, 2016, 05:45:08 am »
I would love to know how the film makers actually came to the decision of doing this with an all-female cast.

Just.. no.

I'll disagree, weirdly. Having men in it wouldn't save it either. Would probably cause even more of a backlash from social justice warriors wanting fat women involved. There are no winners unless this never happened
« Last Edit: March 6, 2016, 05:49:39 am by Golden_Child »

Offline Golden_Child

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: March 6, 2016, 05:50:22 am »

You're odd

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #191 on: March 6, 2016, 06:43:04 am »
I love the original, it's part of my childhood and its one if those movies that you tend to have watched 20+ times. To all those bitching and moaning like a bunch of old tarts because you don't like the look of a (granted) shit reboot/sequel/remake; seriously get a grip. If you don't like it, don't watch it...simple. Rarely reboots and remakes live up to the original, but I don't get hung up about it, if anything it adds even more credence and confidence to the original when comparisons are made.

Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #192 on: March 6, 2016, 10:39:29 am »
Which part of the trailer you loved it then?

The acting, the soundtrack and the overall feel for what is bound to be the film of the year.  :D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 6, 2016, 12:18:31 pm »
I love the original, it's part of my childhood and its one if those movies that you tend to have watched 20+ times. To all those bitching and moaning like a bunch of old tarts because you don't like the look of a (granted) shit reboot/sequel/remake; seriously get a grip. If you don't like it, don't watch it...simple. Rarely reboots and remakes live up to the original, but I don't get hung up about it, if anything it adds even more credence and confidence to the original when comparisons are made.

Have to agree with this. The way some are going on, nothing like an internet fume fest.  :lmao

More fume than an Everton forum. Actually makes me want to watch it
« Last Edit: March 6, 2016, 12:20:08 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 6, 2016, 12:27:17 pm »
One thing about the all-female cast.

Aren't they doing another with an all male cast aswell, then linking the two teams for a third film?
Sure I saw rumours of it a while back with Channing Tatum already being cast.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #195 on: March 6, 2016, 01:01:30 pm »
Why is she licking the gun?
:D

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #196 on: March 6, 2016, 01:43:39 pm »

Cos it's well sexy innit? It's all like phallic and that!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: March 6, 2016, 03:08:18 pm »

Cos it's well sexy innit? It's all like phallic and that!
I can't wait for the inevitable superimposed dildo gif. If there hasn't been one already, this being the internet and all.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 6, 2016, 04:02:46 pm »

Don't cross the streams.  ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #199 on: March 6, 2016, 05:30:11 pm »
They've disneyfied it and got the humour so so so wrong.

Stereotypical black female character included.

That bit at the end of the trailer was the only time I laughed. Then I was disappointed in myself because I fell for the lazy Sassy Black Woman trope.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.